God of War

Sep 29

Sep 29

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 10/3/2017

Stand tall against towering foes in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, out October 3 on PS4.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

A cult classic finds a new home with Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PS4 this Tuesday.

Set in a dangerous open world, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen pits players against spectacular monsters. Master a variety of vocations, each with its own set of skills and strategies to wield. Dark Arisen includes all the DLC from the original Dragon’s Dogma as well as the expansion content. Train your party and fight back against overwhelming odds in this ambitious adventure from the team at Capcom.

For a full list of new games coming next week, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of October 3, 2017
Batman: The Enemy Within
PS4 — Retail

Batman - The Enemy Within

Descend into darkness! In this latest chapter from the award-winning studio behind Batman – The Telltale Series, both Bruce Wayne and Batman will be forced into precarious new roles. The Riddler has returned to terrorize Gotham City, but his gruesome puzzles merely foreshadow an even greater crisis…

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Battle Chasers Nightwar

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the console genre-greats and the 90’s cult comic book. Experience deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in classic JRPG format, and a rich story driven by exploration of the world.

PS4 — Digital (Out 10/6)

Battle Garegga

A classic takes to the skies once again! The retro game masters at M2 have poured their passion into the first release in the M2 Shot Triggers series!

PS4 — Digital

Detention

Detention is an unique atmospheric horror game heavily influenced by Taiwanese/East Asian culture, religious elements, and mythology based on 1960’s Taiwan under martial law.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

The critically acclaimed action-RPG Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen combines exhilarating and deep combat with the freedom to explore the huge open world of Gransys in 1080p. Choose between nine different classes and embark on your own adventure along with three AI companions known as Pawns.

PS4 — Digital

Expand is a 2D indie game in which you guide a pink square through a circular labyrinth that constantly rotates, unfolds, and expands around you.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Huner Call of the Wild

Experience the thrill of the hunt in a visually breathtaking, technically groundbreaking, vast open world.

PS4 — Digital

Jydge

Jydge is a lawful but awful roguehate top-down shooter where you get to build your own cybernetic Jydge and eradicate crime in the never-sleeping megacity of Edenbyrg.

PS4 — Digital

Mystik Belle

Trouble is brewing at the Hagmore School of Witchcraft, and only freshman witch-in-training Belle MacFae can put things right.

PS Vita — Digital (Out 10/6)

Save the Ninja Clan

Save the Ninja Clan is a platformer for casual players as well as speedrunners. There are two ways to play this game: play through the normal story mode or find secrets or “bugs” in the game to annoy the Game Manager watching.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Twin Robots

Twin Robots is a platformer where you control two little robots. They have been imprisoned and need to find the way out of each level!

PS4 — Digital, Retail

WRC 7

Test yourself in the 13 WRC rallies and their true-to-life environments. Play as the best drivers in the Championship at the wheel of their new cars.

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Van Helsing- October 5 at 9/8c (SyFy)
  • Episodes- October 8 at 10/9c (Showtime)
  • Fear the Walking Dead- October 8 at 9/8c (AMC)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

CrusaderForever said:

September 29th, 2:06 pm

Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen on PS4 Pro! It’s a dream come true. Hopefully this will sell well and drive home a sequel!

Viktorx2001 said:

September 29th, 2:07 pm

Where are the rest of the Jak and Daxter games? Come on Sony, you’re doing a terrible job with these releases.

WWE-DBZ12 said:

September 30th, 1:13 pm

I agree! I’m patiently waiting to get them all at once and for some reason only the first game is there…why?

RunGMC1995 said:

September 30th, 4:47 pm

I completed Jak and Daxtar 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting on the rest to be released. I can’t wait no more, Sony, Naughty Dog, just put me out my misery and put out the rest of the Jak and Daxtar instalments, please. LMAO

Themeekerson said:

October 2nd, 9:40 pm

Sameeee, where is Jak II and III? Beat one and now im antsy in my pants.

Trendy_Kid said:

September 29th, 2:12 pm

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is definitely on my radar. Really hoping it turns out to be good!

CheckMate0289 said:

September 29th, 2:14 pm

Wow how boring. One of the most boring Drops ever. Wake me up when Jak II is here.

WWE-DBZ12 said:

September 30th, 1:11 pm

I’m still waiting for Jak II, 3 and X as well! What is keeping them?

NEXUSPRIME007 said:

September 29th, 2:28 pm

Nothing for me this week, but I’m not complaining. Gives me time to deal with my ever growing backlog.

Ralstonizer said:

September 29th, 10:03 pm

Seriously. I’m almost more excited about weeks like this now because I just can’t ever get caught up.

turniplord said:

September 29th, 2:33 pm

Dunno if we can post links here but I’m currently reviewing Jydge (can’t really talk about it, but we are allowed to stream and share media about it) – I have 90 min stream footage if your interested: https://youtu.be/o8E665F1oW4?t=3m40s (sorry that it’s a bit loud and YT is supposedly processing to cut out the beginning part).

It’s actually pretty good so far – Kinda like Hotline Miami crossed with Judge Dredd :)

gohan16ken said:

September 29th, 2:56 pm

Two weeks ago, ACA Neo Samurai Shodown 2 was released on XB1 but not the PS4. How come? A few weeks ago, PS4 and XB1 release became in sync and now it is out of sync again.

Burning Fighting that came out last week was also released on XB1 but not on the PS4. I don’t care about that game.

Alucard-XII said:

September 29th, 10:03 pm

I’ve been hitting the refresh button on the store’s app non-stop over the past two weeks in anticipation for SS2.

I mean, I’ve been waiting for this game to hit PSN since the NeoGeo Station releases on PS3.

Jotamide said:

September 29th, 3:03 pm

Battle Garegga is one of the greatest shmups of all time!

slambert215 said:

September 29th, 4:13 pm

BATTLE GAREGGA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

unruly-cat said:

September 29th, 5:19 pm

Honestly if there’s no vr releases there is nothing.

WWE-DBZ12 said:

September 30th, 1:15 pm

-_-

BrickcitychampAG said:

September 29th, 5:32 pm

No wonder PC gamers laugh at the console. Dragons dogma from ps3. Really??. Where is dragons dogma online???? Console getting worse every month.

HeathenFriar said:

September 29th, 7:06 pm

PS4’s catalogue of games DESTROYS PC in 2017. I don’t see any laughing; all I see are PC gamers port-begging.

Ralstonizer said:

September 29th, 10:00 pm

Not sure what they’re laughing about when the amount of good PC exclusive games and the gap between PC and console tech are both getting smaller and smaller, but sure, I guess there aren’t any good games on PS4 at all because a last gen remaster is coming out next week. You poor dumb kid.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

October 1st, 9:36 am

are you talking about the faux pc gamers that are mad they put down 2 grand and still cant get all of the console games?

TJ_Solo said:

October 1st, 3:32 pm

Why would they laugh about the Dark Arisen when they’ve been enjoying it since last year? You won’t like the releases every week. I’ve been more than happy overall. Move on to PC then and see how many of the games PS4 gets are also there then see how far complaining about that on Steam gets you.

TJ_Solo said:

October 1st, 3:34 pm

Have you even played a game that came out this year on PS4?

Asshawk said:

September 29th, 9:36 pm

Holy crap Battle Garegga Rev.2016 came out of nowhere. I was just on the verge of buying the japanese version too, this will save me a lot of hassle.

KBG29 said:

September 30th, 1:02 am

No VR games, and not a single PS4 or PS Vita game I am excited about this week. This is the first time in months.

PS Video
-Cult of Chucky

That is all I am gonna be grabbing.

As Usual. Still curious when 4K HDR is coming to PS Video on PS4 Pro. Lots of competition in the streaming space now, please don’t leave us hanging.

Also, since my post about about bringing full Spotify services to PlayStation Music was deleted, I guess the new stance to to kill any improvements to the platform. After the way Andrew House talked down PSVR and expanding PlayStation into the Mobile space, I am starting to get a bit concerned about the future of this brand.

PlayStation has incredible momentum right now. Please don’t mess this up.

A concerned share holder, product user, and fan.

DaTmrW99 said:

September 30th, 1:33 am

Where is all the MOVE support? Why haven’t they released Time Crisis, Dead Pirates Storm, or House of the Dead? Are they even going to add MOVE support for OKAMI?

KBG29 said:

September 30th, 4:09 pm

Great question. I have been dieing for a Sports Champions 1+2 Remaster since PSVR and PS Move were officially launched on PS4. Some of the best times my family and friends had on PS3.

porhawj2014 said:

September 30th, 6:18 am

i only getting Batman Enemy within episode 2 : that’s it.. nothing else though..

October gonna be insane month for me to play many games

The Evil Within 2
WWE 2k18
South Park Fractured But Whole
Shadow of War
Assassin Creed Origins

WWE-DBZ12 said:

September 30th, 1:14 pm

It’d be nice if we at least had some release date(s) for Jak II, Jak 3 and Jak X: Combat Racing. Let’s go, Sony!

KBG29 said:

September 30th, 4:10 pm

I know. I already platinumed J&D, I need the rest of the collection.

Archon453 said:

October 2nd, 12:31 am

I’m incredibly happy to see Dragons Dogma. I played it back on ps3 when it was free with plus and loved it. Instantly became a favorite of mine. I don’t play pc, and no longer have a ps3 so I was really missing it. The other games aren’t really my thing, but I’m sure other folks will be interested.

tusunami said:

October 2nd, 5:45 am

This is what people do complain so much quite pathetic when have you even beaten your other games? If you have them that is. Complain all you want Sony will not change how they do things because of one Insignificant person

tusunami said:

October 2nd, 5:50 am

For those that continue to complain PS Vita games and PSVR games are coming out just not when you want it to. Try reading sometime and you will find out a lot Lol

WYLDSTALLYNS77 said:

October 2nd, 5:35 pm

Dragon’s Dogma???????? Capcom has to be out of ideas and just milking the money from a game they have released how many times now??

PositiveShadow said:

October 3rd, 4:42 pm

This is the second time you’ve incorrectly posted the release of Detention. It’s no where to be seen in the PSstore. What is going on with this game?!