God of War

Oct 03

Oct 03

Celebrate Shocktober 2017 with 18 New Games on PS Now

Dead Island: Definitive Edition, SOMA, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and more join the lineup.

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Manager, PlayStation Now

It’s that time of year again! Celebrate Halloween all month long with PlayStation Now by streaming these fantastic horror and action games to your PS4 and Windows PC.

Welcome to the Zombie Apocalypse experience of a lifetime with Dead Island: Definitive Edition on PS4. Your objective is to survive an epic zombie outbreak on the tropical island of Banoi. With an open world to explore and many missions to complete, Dead Island features more zombies than you can shake a stick at, or in this case swing an axe.

Experience the critically acclaimed The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, a first person mystery game about an occult-minded detective who receives a disturbing letter from a missing boy. Arriving at the Ethan’s home, you discover he has disappeared in the wake of a brutal murder. With unique immersive storytelling and a focus on atmosphere and mood, there’s nothing quite like it.

The radio is dead, food is running out, and the machines have started to think they are people. Discover the world of the critically acclaimed SOMA, where danger lurks in every corner: corrupted humans, twisted creatures, insane robots, and even an inscrutable omnipresent A.I. Just remember there’s no fighting back, either you outsmart your enemies or you get ready to run.

Role-playing fans will love Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, the award-winning fantasy RPG that blends deep customization and dynamic turn-based combat with witty humor, a deep, engaging story, and 100 hours of quests and storyline. Supports local split-screen and online coop.

Deadlight Director’s Cut is a tense indie side-scroller set in 1986 after an apocalyptic zombie outbreak has brought humanity to its knees. Play as Randall Wayne, a father desperately searching the ravaged streets of Seattle for his family. Fight your way through using scarce resources, or sneak past undetected utilizing the environment to your advantage.

Other PS Now games perfect for playing this October include Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Last of Us and the TLOU Left Behind DLC, The Walking Dead from Telltalle Games, Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6, Silent Hill HD Collection, The Darkness 1 and 2, Dead Nation, Costume Quest 2, Dead Rising 2, F.E.A.R., Siren: Blood Curse, Rage, and many more. Checkout the “Frightfully Fun Games” category within PS Now for more.

This month we’ve also got new RPGs, indie games, RTS football with Orcs and monsters, murder mysteries, and much more. Here are all the PS4 games now available to stream on PS4 and Windows PC starting today.

• Dead Island Definitive Edition
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • SOMA
  • Deadlight: Director’s Cut
  • Divinity: Original Sin (Enhanced Edition)
  • Blood Bowl 2
  • The Swapper
  • Toukiden: Kiwami
  • The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition
  • Akiba’s Trip: Undead and Undressed
  • Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut
  • Overlord: Fellowship of Evil
  • Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Daybreak Edition
  • Whispering Willows
  • Extreme Exorcism
  • Styx: Master of Shadows
  • Technomancer
  • Agatha Christie – The ABC Murders

Here are the 10 most popular games on the service last month.

• Red Dead Redemption
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Fallout 3
  • Mortal Kombat
  • WWE 2K16
  • Mafia II
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • LEGO Batman 3 Beyond Gotham
  • The Last of Us
  • Rage

If you haven’t given PS Now a try yet, the seven-day free trial for PS4 and Windows PC is the perfect way to experience the streaming service for yourself. PS Now provides unlimited on-demand access to a growing library of over 500 PS4 and PS3 games, with new games added every month, and no game downloads required. PS4 save data in PS Now is even compatible with PS Plus cloud saves, so you can upload/download save files to/from your own console.

Add Your Own

horotonyBR said:

October 3rd, 9:09 am

The worst thing you guys could do was buying gaikai. At this point Sony should know already that streaming games is something that is not near to be perfect, at least for the next 5 or 6 years.

Just make true retrocompatibility already! The reason most people like Playstation is its legacy and we should be able to play games from older generations in a single hardware. Like PC uses do. Like XBOX users do.

drd7of14 said:

October 3rd, 9:56 am

If you are asking SONY to make built-in compatibility for all previous games, then you must not understand why they’re not doing that…

Even looking at the few PS2 titles on PS4, they have issues. They have serious bugs, like Star Wars: Racer’s Revenge. While adding PS1 titles is certainly more attainable, and for that I do agree, if you are referring to adding PS2/PS3 titles natively…You are delusional.

The effort to make B/C all games within the PS library would definitely divert resources from working on new titles. Weighing the choices, most people would take new games.

The Xbox has almost always used the same architecture, and even their games have had issues.

PC games “do” have B/C issues. From 16bit ->32bit ->64bit, games need extensive patching, and even then still have issues in compatibility. GOG does a great job at fixing some of them, but many have issues in emulating the proper conditions for compatibility.

At the end of the day, it’s not worth it for how much effort goes into it. And for PS3, it will most likely never happen.

pablikenemy79 said:

October 3rd, 12:12 pm

The retrocompability should be at least on Ps4 Pro but Sony’s first thing is the money without any care about what the customers really wants,
    Look at PS Vita owners for example..

drd7of14 said:

October 3rd, 1:05 pm

@pablikenemy79

Again…PS4 will never be able to natively emulate PS3 games. It is not possible with a cell processor hardware add-on.

MakaiOokami said:

October 3rd, 9:00 pm

Xbox -> PS4 would be easier than PS3->PS4 short of licensing agreements.

I don’t know how many times I keep having to say it but the PS3 is a hugely complicated device. There’s 1 processor dedicated to ramming in as much data to the other 7 or so processors as possible, because it doesn’t work well unless there’s an even distribution of workload depending on what that core is designed to handle. It had a huge learning curve, it’s closer to being a Macintosh than it is to being a PC, took 6 months of playing with it just to figure out the basics.

PS3 had almost 3x the teraflops of the 360. Which is why I facepalm when ever someone talks about the Teraflops which isn’t actually a gaming relevant number. That’s why the U.S. millitary bought tons of them and created a distributing processor network. That’s why folding@home was a thing. Name a game that had as many interactive enemies on screen as Heavenly Sword on the 360.

It’s not possible for full on PS3 backwards compatibility, that’s why we had cross-buy and Microsoft doesn’t even have backwards compatibility it’s just a half-hearted attempt at cross-buy. Cheap and dirty ports that’s why you have to download the game when you put in the disk.

wolfing69 said:

October 4th, 5:11 am

Speak for yourself. I’ve been using PS Now for a while and the experience has been really good so far.

RachelFarrell said:

October 4th, 12:12 pm

I resigned my office-job and now I am getting paid 90 dollar hourly. How? I work over internet! My old work was making me miserable, so I was forced to try something different, two years after…I can say my life is changed-completely for the better!

Check it out what i do…. www.Jobzon3.com

Kayla-kaze said:

October 5th, 6:31 pm

PS Now works great for me. I’m just annoyed because I bought Toukiden a couple weeks ago when it was on sale and now it’s on PS Now.

samv33 said:

October 3rd, 9:09 am

Whoa, great month. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and Soma to start, for me. And I’ve always been curious about Toukiden: Kiwami.

ShadedDeath666 said:

October 3rd, 9:10 am

Was wondering why the ps now couldn’t give us the DLC for Fallout 3 And Fallout New Vegas?

B1GG1N said:

October 3rd, 9:19 am

I recently took advantage of the specially priced annual subscription, and I’m happy with the service. I don’t play scary games (I know), but there’s still a nice variety of other genres being added this month. Keep ’em coming.

drd7of14 said:

October 3rd, 9:20 am

This is a great month for added PSNOW titles. I’m quite impressed.

Highlights for me are:

Dead Island Definitive Edition
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
SOMA
Deadlight: Director’s Cut
Divinity: Original Sin (Enhanced Edition)
Toukiden: Kiwami
Styx: Master of Shadows
Technomancer

Divinity, Toukiden, and Styx in particular are great titles. Well worth playing…

MetManMas said:

October 3rd, 6:52 pm

Not much there among the new releases I personally wanna get into (SOMA, Ethan, and Divinity would be my top three from this load if I didn’t already own them), but it’s great to see PlayStation Now keeping up with the game updates. I really should subscribe someday, I enjoyed Tokyo Jungle* during the trial this is about as close as I’ll get to the PS3 library without buying a PS3 of my own.

Still wish Demon’s Souls would show up on the service, but I ain’t getting my hopes up too high ‘cuz it was published by three different companies in three different regions (SCE in Japan, Atlus in US, Bandai Namco in Europe).

* I seriously wish this game would get a PS4 remaster or sequel. I needs to be able to PS Share Pomeranians fighting bears in silly outfit.

Duck_mann86 said:

October 3rd, 9:22 am

I’ll re-subscribe to the service once PlayStation All-Stars gets added.

drd7of14 said:

October 3rd, 10:00 am

Curious…Why PSABR? I mean, aside from it not being that well received of a game, I’m merely referring to the price. It’s been as low as $5 and is now $10, like permanently.

If you’re just interested in that game, it’d more worth it to buy.

The only reason I could see you wanting it to be added is that there might be more players online, but that’s it. It’s kind of like what happened with Evolve, cause after it was brought to PSNOW, it saw a huge surge in the player-base for PS4.

MetManMas said:

October 3rd, 7:01 pm

I really wouldn’t count on it showing up. Besides what @drd7of14 said about the game being unpopular, it’s also a copyright minefield because of the guest characters owned by other companies.

BadFlounder said:

October 3rd, 9:47 am

I would happily subscribe to a service where I could download and play games lag-free (like your main competitor offers). C’mon Sony. Do better in this arena.

drd7of14 said:

October 3rd, 10:07 am

PS3 B/C will never happen natively on PS4 for any games that haven’t been heavily reworked from the ground up.

i.e.-TLOU, Uncharted: The Collection, GoW3, Heavy Rain/Beyond: Two Souls…

For the 3rd party titles, they require less work cause they were already programmed for PC/Xbox 360, which ran on similar platforms to PS4.

Having native Backwards Compatibility for the PS3 on PS4 will “Not” happen as easily as it was with X1…Which of course, wasn’t even easy itself. It’s not even easy on PC, where issues arise with older titles on Windows 7/Vista/8/10…

But of course, just referring to PS3 again…It won’t happen, so people need to give up on that dream. The only way it could is if SONY released a cell-processor add-on for PS4, or a new PS4 with it built in…Just like the original PS3 had the built-in PS2 chip. Unless that happens, it won’t ever be supported natively. Ever….

robbsky1 said:

October 3rd, 9:51 am

All the games say they have left psnow when I try to stay them. Am I just trying to use them to soon, do we need to wait for a while?

robbsky1 said:

October 3rd, 9:52 am

Start*

ArkitakamaTheDog said:

October 3rd, 1:14 pm

I’m having the exact same problem. I just purchased a 3-month sub mainly for TWATHK:RE (played the PS3 version, and loved it despite the game breaking glitch that you think they’d have fixed by now instead of making me shell out money for a remaster, but whatever), and it keeps telling me it’s left PS Now. I’ve tried restarting my PS4, I’ve power cycled my modem, I’ve checked for an update. The only thing I haven’t done is call Customer Support, and that’s simply because my phone has limited minutes and I don’t feel like wasting the vast majority of my monthly allotment on hold.

gretelsgooch said:

October 3rd, 10:05 am

I’m having the same issue as above^

Hakumen__ said:

October 3rd, 10:33 am

Lost interest on PS Now after you removed PS Vita support, so: no thanks.

FadedDeathKnight said:

October 3rd, 1:27 pm

I under stand the situation but as a customer that had false information advertised that slandered is to accommodate and fix the problem to prevent other consumers from being mislead (https://imgur.com/a/omEGR) Instead they just give you the cold shoulder and make it seem that its your fault for feeling mislead by the posted info. Its just messed up.

robbsky1 said:

October 3rd, 2:50 pm

My station downloaded some sort of patch and all is well. Enjoying now.

Hard_Koar said:

October 3rd, 5:44 pm

I truly LOVE ps now, I do not own a ps4 but I am able to play great games through my PC streaming! This is the future I’d love to see, I own an XBox but having access to PS4 games is making me want to own a Playstation aswell. I hope they’ll be putting in Uncharted 4 and Zero Dawn , those 2 games alone are worth the yearly subscription, countless of hours of gaming for 20$ a month is totally worth it, thank you Sony !

medenko1975 said:

October 3rd, 10:14 pm

what’s the cheapest annual sub?

wolfing69 said:

October 4th, 5:15 am

$99 (about $8.25/month) but it’s seasonal, was up for a couple of months last time so you’ll probably have to wait until Black Friday-Christmas for the next sale.

Lacis1992 said:

October 3rd, 11:57 pm

Are these games available for ps now uk users to? Because i dont see any of added September games in the library like Fallout 3…

Tatanka2007 said:

October 4th, 12:07 am

I’d rather see a better selection of weekly sales. This week sales is extremely lackluster and thin.

Additionally, Xbox Game Pass seems to be a better format. Instead of streaming, you download the full game. I have the bandwidth to stream games, but have zero interest in PS NOW. Who wants to play a game in blurry 720p and diluted audio?

BigBossBeepers said:

October 5th, 10:19 am

I really hope they put the Yakuza series on PSNOW next month. I really want to play the rest of the ps3 installments after my ps3 broke.

munster666addams said:

October 5th, 7:35 pm

Will The Silent Hill series and Left For Dead series ever come to the PS4 system? Would love to play them again!

Beandance said:

October 15th, 4:35 am

This article says Dead Rising 2 is on PS Now but I can’t find it anywhere?

Hessebube said: