PlayStation VR

Oct 03

Oct 03

Gran Turismo Sport: Free Limited Time Demo Launching October 9

In-game progress will carry over to the full release when it launches October 17.

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SIEA

Greetings Gran Turismo fans! Now that we are in the final countdown to the launch of GT Sport, we thought there was no better way to show our appreciation than by giving the PS community a head start on their racing journey. We are excited to announce a free GT Sport 4-day demo, available via PlayStation Store from October 9th through October 12th.

PS Plus members will be able to pre-load the demo starting from October 7th at 8:00am PT, with access to the game on October 9th, at 12:00am PT. For everyone else, download and access to the demo starts October 9th at 6:00pm PT. The demo officially ends October 12th at 8:00am PT.

You won’t want to miss this limited time demo, as your earned in-game credit (up to $1MM) and unlocked vehicles are transferable to the full game when it launches October 17th.

The GT Sport demo will give fans an in-depth look at some of the new features, geared to define the future of motorsports for all levels of drivers, from first timers to 20 year veterans of the franchise. You drive and tune on your own terms, while the new matchmaking system ensures you’re always racing against others of similar abilities.

At the start of the demo, drivers will have the option to experience a taste of Sport, Campaign, or Arcade mode. New features such as the innovative Scapes Photography mode and Custom Livery Editor are also available for the very first time.

Gran Turismo Sport

In Sport mode, drivers can prove just how fast they are by putting down their fastest lap time. At the end of each qualifying session, it’s an all-out battle against other drivers with similar performance abilities ensuring each race is equal, fair, and highly competitive.

Gran Turismo Sport

Campaign mode gives players the chance to improve their driving skills across numerous challenges, missions, and circuit experiences. Each of these modes play a key role in making every driver better prepared for racing online against others. As you complete various trial and Daily Workouts, you will be awarded with numerous vehicle unlocks, in-game currency, and Experience Points, furthering your Driver Profile and personal garage.

Gran Turismo Sport

For those looking to just jump in and drive, the Arcade mode offers a wide range of vehicle classes on three pre-selected circuit configurations with different terrains. Whether you want to go for high-speed oval racing on Northern Isle, hone your technical skills on Dragon Trail, or drift sideways through the corners in rally, race on your own terms as you choose from multiple driving aids including braking and or steering to hone your skills. You can also race against a friend offline in the classic 2-player split screen mode.

Gran Turismo Sport

The True HDR workflow and physics-based rendering tech of Scapes must be experienced firsthand to be truly appreciated. This is not your traditional photo mode as each photo location contains all the light energy information of that scene, enabling you to place your personalized car in hundreds of real world locations.

To round out the demo experience, the Livery Editor allows you to add your own personal touch of customization through numerous logo designs. You can also change the color of the car, wheels, mirrors, hood, spoiler, and much more.

That’s all for now, but not everything GT Sport has to offer. Be on the lookout for more insider information and videos from our GT Academy athletes as well as Kazunori Yamauchi through our GT Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels.

Add Your Own

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

October 3rd, 7:13 am

This is going to make the wait a bit more bearable.

SZRT_CIC_Ice said:

October 3rd, 10:11 am

#Facts

RachelFarrell said:

October 4th, 12:14 pm

I resigned my office-job and now I am getting paid 90 dollar hourly. How? I work over internet! My old work was making me miserable, so I was forced to try something different, two years after…I can say my life is changed-completely for the better!

Check it out what i do…. www.Jobzon3.com

Laysmoov said:

October 12th, 2:05 am

Oh my God I can’t believe I’m going to miss it, I just checked my emails.

CruizD said:

October 3rd, 7:16 am

Cool, look forward to giving this a go.

fdfdghdf said:

October 25th, 6:28 pm

I resigned my office-job and now I am getting paid £64 hourly. How? I work over internet! My old work was making me miserable, so I was forced to try something different, two years after…I can say my life is changed-completely for the better!
    Check it out what i do… w­w­w.w­e­b­c­as­h2­0.c­o­m

DanteMerfi said:

October 3rd, 7:25 am

Will VR mode be available as part of the demo?

BooBee_NYC said:

October 3rd, 7:26 am

I’m wondering that exact same thing! I’ve never played a GT game but if I can sample that VR it just might get me to buy the game.

SZRT_CIC_Ice said:

October 3rd, 10:10 am

This would be great to know in advance to remove unnecessary expectations or disappointments. A reply on this would be great.

T40Rs731N said:

October 4th, 4:55 pm

I actually didn’t purchase Driveclub VR because I heard of the VR support for this.

Big mistake. It turns out that GT Sport’s VR “mode” is one on one racing.

That’s it. We won’t be able to don our PSVR helmets and drive against each other even though the PSVR launched with plenty of VR MP games.

I don’t think I will be getting this and now I think the window for Driveclub is closing since it has been out for so long.

morbid023 said:

October 3rd, 7:27 am

2 player splitscreen car racing game at last. ^_^ I’m buying if the 2 player gameplay is good. Can’t wait for the demo.

melman101 said:

October 3rd, 7:29 am

Does this include VR as well?

anszbd1 said:

October 3rd, 7:57 am

Nice, can’t wait to try it.

TruePSIVWiiUFan said:

October 3rd, 8:12 am

Wait. So this game doesn’t have any single-player contents? Only multiplayer contents, right?

SZRT_CIC_Ice said:

October 3rd, 10:08 am

It has plenty of single player content, although the focus is to promote online competition.

hnbvcxz said:

October 6th, 3:23 am

TruePSIVWiiUFan, you are correct. The single-layer content essentially is just driver challenges/missions/tests. This is why I and a lot of other longtime GT fans will be skipping GT Sport. Hope the GT series will eventually return to its roots and offer a full single player campaign, but Kaz’s comments have not been encouraging on this.

NBD-MOSTWANTED94 said:

October 3rd, 8:33 am

So, I have the Beta Download on my PS4, will this just update that to be the Demo version, or will i have to delete my Beta Download and install the new Demo version?

SZRT_CIC_Ice said:

October 3rd, 10:07 am

New separate download. No need to delete. It will likely have its own game/ver. id.

Damigos said:

October 3rd, 8:45 am

Anyone knows what happens to those who pre-ordered it ?
The preorder cars and currency + anything from demo gets carried over to the final game ?

phinnv8 said:

October 3rd, 9:17 am

With Project Cars 2 being so feature complete who cares about Gran Turismo anymore. They were the best racing game in the world for PS2 then they just dissipated. This Square-Enix style 5 years between games doesn’t cut it anymore.

Flyin11 said:

October 3rd, 10:02 am

Project Cars 2 is a different type of game…you can jump into any car, like the Sauber, without completing challenges like you would have to in Grand Turismo before you can drive it or spend 1m credits to buy it…everybody has their own opinion…I had it but traded it in on Forza 7…it was too simulated and had a lot of bugs and glitches…it enjoyed GT better but now enjoy Forza better than GT..even now that GT Sport is Online play when you get to the big races…but I wasn’t that impressed with Project Cars 2…

SZRT_CIC_Ice said:

October 3rd, 10:04 am

Lol. GT Sport will far outsell PCARS 2. The game is a bug riddled mess with mediocre textures on PS4. It’s a great option on PC, but hardly a GT replacement. That’s a stretch.

hnbvcxz said:

October 6th, 3:25 am

Project Cars 2 has serious issues – I traded mine in almost immediately.

starwarz0824 said:

October 3rd, 9:20 am

Nice. I will be checking it out for sure before I pick it up.

drd7of14 said:

October 3rd, 9:26 am

What!??? A AAA high quality racing game in 2017 has splitscreen????

Why kind of world is this?!? Are we worthy of this great blessing? What have we done right or SIE to thank us with this gift?

Seriously…Splitscreen almost never happens anymore with racing games, and the team at Polyphony Digital should be commended for their efforts.

Thanks a lot for offering this, cause it honestly changes my “skip” of this game to probably gonna buy it. Especially with the addition of VR support, even if limited nature, the is striking all the right boxes of a racing game.

Local matches are so rare nowadays especially in racing sims, but even with arcade racers. It’s great to see a change in the tides for once. Congrats team! Definitely gonna try out the trial in some splitscreen matches.

pinomao said:

October 3rd, 9:40 am

Quiero la demo porfavor

pinomao said:

October 3rd, 9:41 am

Q debo hacer para tener la demo??

jorge197 said:

October 3rd, 10:10 am

Will it include VR as well.

paulogy said:

October 3rd, 10:34 am

Great idea! Would love to see more games get preview demos like this :-)

Kenichi_89 said:

October 3rd, 10:48 am

Thank you! The fact that the progress in the demo transfers to the full game is awesome

rogertakeyus said:

October 3rd, 3:26 pm

The demo will be available worldwide on Oct 9th?

Skufflz said:

October 3rd, 3:44 pm

Ahhhhhhh!!!… If only the demo ran until the release day, but I won’t complain. This is going to be amazing. This is one of the titles I”m most excited about through the end of the year.

Valkendorm said:

October 3rd, 4:48 pm

Wow, this is really good that we’ll be able to keep our progress. It’s almost like getting the game one week early.

TheWeeklyDeals said:

October 3rd, 7:21 pm

Looking forward to checking out Gran Turismo Sport and seeing what the true gamers have to say…

TheWeeklyDeals.com

artrip said:

October 5th, 7:58 am

So, If I purchase the retail version of GT Sport will everything transfer over to it or is this for digital purchases only?

tusunami said:

October 5th, 9:57 am

For a simulated real racing game this is all that matters to me. It’s been awhile but the king is back better than ever!!!!!!!!!!

vahidnili9170 said:

October 6th, 6:35 am

Is it any good?

GWalcott said:

October 6th, 11:16 am

Hopefully matchmaking applies to cars. A player using a car with 1,000 hp will always beat someone using a car that has 200 hp, similar driving abilities or not.

DGXR said:

October 6th, 11:43 am

Here is a good question that was asked by Damigos but everyone ignored:
For those of us who have pre-ordered GT Sport, will we be able to transfer the credits earned in the demo PLUS the bonus credits provided in the pre-order? Or just one/the other but not both? This will determine how much importance I give to credits earned in the demo… Would appreciate any responses on this, or at least a way to ask the developers about this. Thanks! ^_^

GWalcott said:

October 6th, 4:29 pm

Will all the cars have accurate interiors?

Racer-003 said:

October 7th, 10:37 am

Do we delete the BATA and download the DEMO???

is_pro said:

October 7th, 1:33 pm

yet another letdown after a 4 year wait you release a beta a week in advance that takes 3hrs to download and then dosn’t work. Server down for maintenance on day one if the first few hours.
This really dosn’t instill any confidence in what is to come. I sure hope you at least got the message from all of your very angry loyal fans and will at least add an arcade mode update very shortly.

CallofSav said:

October 8th, 9:11 pm

LOL can you read?

Padd3ter said:

October 7th, 1:34 pm

it says the servers are down for maintenance and to visit the gt website for more info. there isnt any info on this on the site. anybody know anything more?

CallofSav said:

October 8th, 9:11 pm

If you read the above it says it is available for play on the 9th at 3am est.

Fnord said:

October 8th, 9:28 pm

Go back and read the article. Specifically where it lays out what time it will be available to play. Also, there is an arcade mode.

bam37 said:

October 7th, 6:39 pm

it unlocks monday people read the post

WoofmanJack said:

October 7th, 9:55 pm

People can’t read no more

WoofmanJack said:

October 7th, 9:53 pm

I can’t wait. The beta was fun as f. Hell yeah, baby!

vbalint55 said:

October 8th, 12:29 pm

#hajadismijen

r1short said:

October 9th, 7:39 am

Is this game going to work with a G27 wheel or not? I don’t see it listed in the demo under controllers, will it work with the finished game? Would like to know in time to cancel pre-order if it’s not going to work.

ch2423 said:

October 9th, 10:07 am

The game looks outstanding but no career mode is a deal breaker for me. I had hoped the industry would have learned something from what happened to SW Battlefront, but I guess the message will need to be sent again.

Rammstone said:

October 9th, 12:27 pm

So its “just” the money and cars that are transferable to the full game? It will be a waste going for the gold medals on the demo?

Rickish said:

October 9th, 3:33 pm

So I get a code today from Gamestop for pre ordering. Go to put it on and says it may not be correct or no longer valid…wth

skipboy30 said:

October 9th, 5:13 pm

I had the same email and code. Called PS support and was informed that the coffee sent via that email want value until 6pm PST, or the same time the demo becomes open to everyone. So in other words, there was nothing gained by pre-ordering the game.

wes_2112 said:

October 9th, 3:34 pm

I started to play this morning, but it froze and came back up with server maintenance. I’m in the States…Central Time

blackmoney831 said:

October 9th, 8:32 pm

Is the in game progress only for the digital version of the game? or will it still carry over if I buy the physical copy of the game?

Rammstone said:

October 10th, 3:31 am

Yeah I am pretty sure it will because it seems like the demo has cloud save so as long as you are using the same account

blackmoney831 said:

October 10th, 8:05 am

Awesome, cause the demo says version B I think, and idk if the physical version of the game is the same.

RwingVR6 said:

October 10th, 10:47 pm

The game won’t play. It says servers are down for maintenance. It won’t play in arcade mode either. WTF?

rsantoni said:

October 12th, 8:38 am

Where is the download? I can’t find it.

cusman said:

October 15th, 11:59 am

I was waiting until I got my PS4 Pro with 4K HDR support but didn’t get until Oct 13 so missed the GT Sport demo window.

TheFookFace said: