Marvel's Spider-Man

Oct 05

Oct 05

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Announced, Out January 16

The legendary fighter's latest entry gets an upgrade January 16. The best part? New gameplay-related content will be free for all Street Fighter V owners.

Andy Wong's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Specialist, Capcom

Hello, PlayStation Nation and Street Fighters! We’re thrilled to announce Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, coming to all our warriors around the world on January 16, 2018! As the name suggests, this edition includes the highly-requested Arcade Mode, but it also includes much much more! If you’ve been spectating on the sidelines or waiting for the right moment to join the fight, you’ll definitely want to check this out. Without further ado, let’s get to what’s inside!

First off, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will come with all 28 characters, which includes those from Season 1 and Season 2 – there’s still one more character that we’ll be announcing very soon. In order to introduce more variety in each match, all characters will receive a second V-Trigger you can choose before the match begins! It’s time to see what else your main character is capable of. We’ll be rolling out more details in the future.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

As previously stated, Arcade Mode will be present, but this isn’t your cookie cutter version. Being the #1 requested addition to Street Fighter V, we’re making sure it’ll be an experience rather than just a mode. As it’s our 30th anniversary year, we wanted to add even more to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition! Extra Battle Mode, V-Trigger moves, Gallery, and a UI design overhaul are among the features we can’t wait to show you in the future. There’s a lot of information to share with each of these new additions, so keep an eye out as we approach January.

Street Fighter V: Arcade EditionStreet Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Ready for even better news? As we promised in the past, the initial purchase of Street Fighter V is still the only one that you’ll need as the new gameplay-related content in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be part of a free in-game update for current players once it releases! That means if you currently play Street Fighter V, you won’t need to purchase anything else to get Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, etc. – you’ll just need to download the update! For those who don’t currently have Street Fighter V, you’ll be able to purchase Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition for $39.99, which will include everything we’ve mentioned above. We wanted to make sure there’s something to celebrate for both current and new players alike.

Thank you for your feedback and for supporting Street Fighter V throughout the years! We’re listening and are planning to bring you something we’re really proud of and can finally announce. Here’s to many more years to come for Street Fighter V!

Add Your Own

CyborgGreyFox said:

October 5th, 7:19 am

Alright Capcom, that’s one of your best move in the last few years. You really turned the fiasco that was launch SFV on its head.

MrBigRaphy said:

October 5th, 7:23 am

SAY WHAT!!!!! Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition? Man i hate you Capcom

Isdzo123 said:

October 5th, 7:59 pm

why do you hat them?

gohan16ken said:

October 5th, 7:25 am

Question, for people who only have SF5 but NOT the season 1 and 2 DLC characters, will they get those characters when they get AE for free?

Vermineater said:

October 5th, 7:44 am

No, we get all the other content but not the characters. Hopefully a bundle of both passes will be available for $20/25 around the time this comes out.

GISkid said:

October 5th, 8:38 am

As someone who has had SF5 since launch, I’ve easily been able to purchase all of the DLC characters for free using the in game fight money (as well as a bunch of costumes and stages too). It sounds like they are adding a ton of new ways to earn fight money to boot so if you have the game already I think this is completely fair.

MacHead75 said:

October 5th, 1:07 pm

It said the Arcade Edition will include all 28 characters including those from S1 and S2. Unless I’m misunderstanding something.

mnep99 said:

October 5th, 7:37 am

PS4 Pro support?

SegaSaturn617 said:

October 5th, 9:54 am

That be very nice. Injustice 2 runs at 2K 60fps with HDR. If this game supports HDR, this game will look absolutely beautiful.

Dismiss said:

October 5th, 7:40 am

The season pass situation is pretty messed up at the moment, how about releasing a SINGLE content pack with all characters and stages?

chrisnajar said:

October 5th, 7:44 am

I thought I heard Capcom said there were NEVER going to be any additional releases of the game, and they have now proven to be the most greedy liars in the industry. This is just unbelievable. I just can say, hahaha to those who defended Capcom’s rotten practices in forums, youtube videos and everywhere confirming that there were never going to be any new releases. What a sick company is Capcom.

pandarino said:

October 5th, 7:52 am

This is coming as a free update for those who have the game…so IT IS one version of the game. I guess people can’t even read these days…

Suspinded said:

October 5th, 7:53 am

If you read the whole article

“… if you currently play Street Fighter V, you won’t need to purchase anything else to get Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, etc. – you’ll just need to download the update!”

FifthDream said:

October 5th, 7:55 am

Nah, they said once you bought it, you wouldn’t need to buy it again to get all future updates.

clupula668 said:

October 5th, 7:56 am

Actually, they never said there wouldn’t be another version. They only said vanilla SFV was the only one you had to buy, which they’re keeping their promise. You are just unbelievable. I can say, hahahahah to trolls who don’t even have the reading comprehension to know when Capcom are doing something really good. Youtube videos and everywhere confirmed that you would only need one version and any updates would be free for existing owners. What a sick person you are that you have to try to make up lies to defame a company that, while they have done MANY messed up things (I am not buying MVCI any time soon), this is one of the good ones.

chrisnajar said:

October 5th, 8:09 am

No, I am not unbelievable. Stop acting like this was the best thing in the world. Don’t be such a fanboy. You might be super happy, but wait and read the reaction of all gamers around the world. Capcom lied to your face, they said they would NEVER release any other versions of the game. They said it! and you still defend them… Hahaha. That’s the priceless behavior I love from kids like you. Companies screw you time and again and still you prefer to live in denial. Many people bought a broken game fearing that no new versions were to be released and now they release a new one, in their faces, simply to say “we released a broken, empty game for 60 bucks, now we have collected your money, now we give you another version, cheaper, that includes everything. Oh yes, we said we would never release any new versions… but oops! Sorry!”.

GISkid said:

October 5th, 8:41 am

Can’t please everyone, haters gonna hate but this is one of THE best business decisions Capcom has made. @chrisnajar You’re mad that they are updating/improving the game? This is not a new game.

DarthSmurfX said:

October 5th, 9:00 am

@chrisnajar I’m just going to repost Nirolak from NeoGAF, cuz he said it best and this isn’t really worth my time or anyone else’s: “I don’t get the “OMG THEY SAID NO NEW GAME!!!” controversy.

If they called this “Street Fighter V Game of the Year DLC Bundle Edition” would people be acting like it was a new game instead of a retail re-release with DLC included?

Is Horizon: Zero Dawn: Complete Edition a new game?”

Siberian_644 said:

October 5th, 9:50 am

This is direct quote from Playstation blog itself – https://blog.us.playstation. com/2015/07/18/street-fighter-v-a-new-way-to-play/ – which is source of all “Capcom says no more versions” articles, lol.

“That’s right; Street Fighter V will be the first iteration in the franchise where it is possible for dedicated players to earn all gameplay related content (such as characters) for free, simply by playing the game. Long gone are the days of forced Super and Ultra upgrades! Enjoy free balance updates as soon as they become available, and find and choose the post-launch characters that you want to get.”

KazeEternal said:

October 5th, 12:33 pm

This has more in common with a GotY release than a new version of the game. Base users are getting everything and still have to earn characters (though honestly unfairly) through fight money.

I hope this is the last update to the game so I can finally break down and get a season pass. So far i just need season 2, i’ve unlocked all of season 1 and the motivation is just gone and I just want to play against my friends casually.

Shona-SoF said:

October 5th, 12:42 pm

It’s not an additional release of the game. It’s basically a named patch. If you own Super Street Fighter 4, you had to go and purchase Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition to keep up. with SF5, you simply get it for free. That’s the difference and that’s certainly not breaking their promise.

On the flip side, the arcade mode should have been in the game since day 1.

Kishnabe said:

October 6th, 11:17 am

You can only blame yourself for buying early.

Capcom has had Ultra, and Super for SFIV. Which bundled new DLC at cheaper price.

It bound to happen again with SFV. Historically, there will be cheaper version of a game with tons of DLC. LIke Ultimate edition or GOTY.

You paid whatever price to get to play SFV many months before this new Bundle.

I don’t see a problem with this.

clupula668 said:

October 5th, 7:58 am

I am so glad to hear this. I hope this relaunch is a healthy one, because when you do something right, it should be rewarded (just as when you do something bad, like MVCI’s poor roster, it should be punished). Thank you for listening to us. I can’t wait to see Season 3’s characters.

FifthDream said:

October 5th, 7:58 am

Thanks for the arcade mode! This is what i’ve been waiting for.

Also thanks for Menat. New best waifu.

HeadshotPhD said:

October 5th, 8:03 am

Great work. All the game needs in its future updates are more classic characters! I can see people continuing to play this game for years and years if Capcom keeps up with the requests of the Street Fighter community.

gameman15 said:

October 5th, 8:09 am

“this edition includes the highly-requested Arcade Mode” *goes into Adam Sandler Wedding Singer mode* Once again, a thing that could’ve been put into the actual game YESTERYEAR!

paulogy said:

October 5th, 8:16 am

Nice! Glad to see Arcade mode is coming back to SFV for free :-)

paulogy said:

October 5th, 8:24 am

Oh also, if the full game is now only $39.99, does this mean the Season 1 and Season 2 character passes will drop to less than $19.99 each? (something like $9.99 would be nice ;-)

artrip said:

October 5th, 8:28 am

Just wondering could I just the the original version right now, and when the patch comes out would I get all the stuff unlocked like the arcade version or would you still need to purchase the season pass?

PrimoJoystiqDude said:

October 5th, 9:54 am

all of the gameplay updates will be added to the standard version for free. however if you want all of the season 1&2 characters you’ll either have to grind “fight money” or use irl cash. if you you don’t care about the dlc characters go ahead and get it now but i suggest waiting until “Arcade Edition” is released.

GISkid said:

October 5th, 8:36 am

This is fantastic! Way to go Capcom! I’m very impressed with how they handled this! This is the best possible solution to the pickle they we’re in. They’ve acknowledged the mistakes they’ve made and I’m impressed by their efforts to improve. Yoshinoro Oro has a personal message on the Street Fighter youtube page that shows you how sincere they are with this effort! I’m excited!

tusunami said:

October 5th, 9:46 am

Compared to how this game started out it didn’t matter much because it’s how you finish and I commend them for it.

SegaSaturn617 said:

October 5th, 9:55 am

Wondering will there be any compensation for those who own this game day one digitally or have bought season pass 1 and 2. It be nice to throw in some free fight money for the dedicated fan base imo. I know that won’t happen lol but that would be nice.

GISkid said:

October 5th, 10:04 am

I wouldn’t be surprised if they throw some bonus fight money our way, they’ve done it several times before :)

cycodamo said:

October 5th, 10:36 am

It says “Season 1 and 2 characters.” Doesn’t that imply they are all available with this update and you don’t have to buy them?

NeoStrayCat said:

October 5th, 3:53 pm

Well, they’re already in the game, but you have the choice to either unlock them in-game with Fight Money, or actual currency either piecemeal or with the S1/S2 Character passes.

But in short, yes, as long as you get the Standalone SFV: AE Physical/Digital version. If you mean for those that have the original SFV update/patch to this version, no. Gotta unlock them as mentioned from the top I wrote.

D-Squad3 said:

October 5th, 11:13 am

So only new v-triggers? Kinda disappointed to be honest, I was really hoping for new critical arts as well as new vskills.

phinnv8 said:

October 5th, 11:26 am

This is awesome but very confusing. Why didn’t Capcom name it “Ultra Street Fighter V” like previous versions so fans of the series actually know what to expect?

xxnike629xx said:

October 5th, 1:01 pm

I think Ultra Street Fighter V will get a disc release and digital upgrade later with Season 3 and Season 4 content is out. So my guess is that it’ll have Season 1 ~ 4 and all DLC included in 1 package, retail release as well as a digital upgrade.

FreedomKME said:

October 6th, 10:50 am

Fans of the series would know what to expect no matter what name it has.

pablikenemy79 said:

October 5th, 11:35 am

At this point I’ll wait for the
Super Street Fighter V Turbo Arcade Edition…

xxnike629xx said:

October 5th, 1:00 pm

I think the next version would be Ultra Street Fighter V, right?

I mean Ultra Street Fighter IV..Ultra Street Fighter II…

THE_ENDGAME_BOSS said:

October 5th, 11:50 am

Good job Capcom and Sony!!!!! Y’all didn’t decide to give up on this and as someone who had SFV day one I am excited about this HUGE announcement!! Thanks Capcom for silencing the whiners once again.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

October 5th, 12:01 pm

If I bought a physical copy of SFV Arcade Edition will it be compatible with my existing data?

xxnike629xx said:

October 5th, 12:59 pm

I would presume game saves will be compatible regardless of which version of Street Fighter V you have and if you got it on disc or digitally.

Shona-SoF said:

October 5th, 2:46 pm

I would assume so as it’s the exact same game. I’d assume the retail version is just the original SFV disc with download codes for the season 1 and 2 characters. (just like if you buy the physical release of Destiny with the expansions)

It’s not a new game. ‘Arcade edition’ is essentially a major patch with a name. It’s not a new version of the game like previous games in the series would get.

if you already have the game, there’s no reason to buy this as you’ll get all the updates automatically when the patch launches. (unless it’s the cheapest way to get characters you haven’t unlocked)

mrk1976 said:

October 5th, 12:40 pm

So if I don’t have Street Fighter 5 right now, am I better waiting until Arcade edition comes out? Is there content in the current Deluxe edition that will not be in Arcade edition? Story mode? If there are no differences in content once Arcade is out, I might as well wait, since Deluxe is now $79.99 on PSN, and Arcade will be $39.99. But if there are difference in content, or not, I would like to know.

GlassMoe said:

October 5th, 12:55 pm

Yeah, dude, it’s better to wait until Arcade Edition.

Deluxe is the current game as it stands and all DLC characters.
    Arcade Edition is the exact same thing, just with the new Arcade update, so you’re saving 50% by just waiting a few months.

HeadshotPhD said:

October 6th, 7:58 am

I bought the Deluxe Edition in July. I don’t regret it even though I don’t have enough time to play lately and I know the Arcade Edition when out in a few months will cost significantly less. If you have time to play in the next three months and can afford it, then I would say definitely go for the Deluxe Edition.

xxnike629xx said:

October 5th, 12:58 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Capcom say they will only be doing 1 physical, packaged, disc release?
Even though they did say that, I expected them to do at least a second packaged release.
As a matter of fact, I also expect them to do a Season 3 and Season 4 of DLC for Street Fighter V and then do an Ultra Street Fighter V release as the final version.

Speaking of which, why don’t have we on the PS4:
– Ultra Street Fighter II
– Ultra Street Fighter Alpha (Alpha, Alpha 2, Alpha 2 Gold, Alpha 3, Alpha 3 MAX)
– Ultra Street Fighter III (New Generation, Second Impact, Third Strike)
– X-Men vs. Street Fighter
– The King of Fighters 2003
– The King of Fighters XI
– The King of Fighters XII
– The King of Fighters XIII

GlassMoe said:

October 5th, 1:14 pm

Capcom said that players would only need to ever buy 1 version of SFV, and that’s still true – it’s basically just a GOTY edition, all balance updates and new modes are free.
    This isn’t SF4 > Super SF4 or MvC3 > UMvC3 – Arcade Edition’s physical disc just comes with all DLC characters, and it isn’t necessary to buy.

As for all those games you listed, I’m right behind you in waiting for SF3 on PS4.

SilentNova said:

October 5th, 2:50 pm

This is basically MKXL, with more content rather than characters for those having a hard time with this. Street Fighter V Arcade Edition name change is something that has to be done if you want to sell a bundled product. People who already own Street Fighter V get the free update that changes the game into the “Arcade Edition” version.

To be honest the bundled package mostly has me tempted because the updates are on a physical disc. Not a big deal unless PSN goes under or Capcom does. As for the DLC characters, I own them already and did not spend, but $9.99 on them. Season One I got with Fight Money and Season 2 I got on sale. Stupid of me really when Fight Money is easy to get. So you can wait and spend $39.99 to get the game plus DLC characters and use the FM on stages and such, or pay on average $19.99 and use FM to unlock the characters as you wait for the free update.

WackyMonster23 said:

October 5th, 8:29 pm

I am interested in this product. It will take awhile to become a good title.

ROMECRUZAKADAIGO said:

October 5th, 10:52 pm

We’re are the new CRITICAL ARTS SHIN MITSU SHORYUKEN jlsbritsambpjcps3ps4netbigpopagetyaratoutwatamisawatagwainwidatuycfmlk

Caio_Shadowman said:

October 5th, 11:44 pm

OH GOD CAPCOM & SONY … I LOVE YOU GUYS… please don’t miss Ingrid and Haggar in SFV and a new Darkstalkers and Rival Schools for ps4 PLEASE… Sony please.

BReal1982 said:

October 6th, 12:52 pm

Very cool. Any word on getting fight money for Arcade Mode and the new stuff? And are we getting extra trophies with the upgrade?

beatboxbazza said:

October 8th, 6:04 am

As a offline player more than an online player I cannot wait for arcade mode and the other extras. I am pretty ****ed off that for £20-£40 new players will get all the characters and a lot of the other content. I have spent a lot of money supporting capcom/SFV. Brought both season passes, both pro tour packs and some costumes and stages. That’s over £130 in add-ons. I’m all for releasing arcade mode with some added content. But I firmly believe all characters apart from any what are free in the future should still have to be unlocked with fight money or real money. Why give new players it cheap as chips with content me and others have spent a small fortunes on or worked hard to get. It stresses me out thinking about it. People who spent money when this come out should get a big old surprise or fm bonus for supporting the game all the way thru if it wasn’t for us putting money in the pockets of Capcom we probably wouldn’t be getting arcade mode. Rant over

SpartanDuo said:

October 9th, 11:11 am

Can we get PS4 Pro support as well? Thanks!

Capcom_Life said:

October 11th, 5:33 pm

I can’t believe it’s finally coming!!!! That means ultra will be next woot