Knack 2

Oct 05

Oct 05

The Cars and Tracks of Gran Turismo Sport

Race around the world with everyday rides, exclusive concept cars, and everything inbetween.

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SIEA

As players around the world gear up for the start of the Gran Turismo Sport Limited Time Demo and the launch of the Gran Turismo franchise on PS4, we wanted to give you an insight into the cars and tracks you can look forward to racing.

With its emphasis on selecting only the best and fastest cars to take to the track, players will be able to pick everyday cars, racing cars, and even concept cars that you’ll only be able to drive in GT Sport.

Cars will be grouped into six categories from Group N (your everyday stock cars) through to Group X (those deemed too extreme for our other categories).

Grp. N

Gran Turismo Sport - Mazda Atenza Sedan

Grp. 4

Gran Turismo Sport - Porsche Cayman

Grp. 3

Gran Turismo Sport - Lexus Prototype

Grp. 1

Gran Turismo Sport - Alpine Vision

Grp. B

Gran Turismo Sport - GRP

Grp. X

Gran Turismo Sport - Honda Project 24

This year you’ll be able to race from the streets of Tokyo, through the iconic Nurburgring to the dirtiest of rally tracks.

With a total of 40 layouts (17 courses) you’ll have the chance to test your racing skills in a host of different environments from around the world, and customize your experiences by playing across different times of the day and through varied weather conditions.

We’re really excited to introduce some of the fantasy tracks that the Polyphony team have created, using over 20 years of racing and driving game experience, tracks that are not only fun but will push even the most experienced of drivers.

Tokyo Expressway

Gran Turismo Sport - Tokyo Expressway Central Outer Loop

Blue Moon Speedway

Gran Turismo Sport - Blue Moon bay Speedway

Dragontrail

Gran Turismo Sport - Dragontail Seaside

But we’ve not forgotten the classics, including…

Brands Hatch

Gran Turismo Sport - Brandshatch Indy

Interlagos

Gran Turismo Sport - Interlagos GP 3

Nurburgring

Gran Turismo Sport - Nurburgring

And here’s the full track list:

• Alsace – Village
  • Tokyo Expressway – East Outer Loop
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs II

Don’t miss out on the chance to try some of these cars and tracks ahead of launch by taking part in the GT Sport Limited Time Demo starting October 9 at 10:00 AM Pacific.

We look forward to seeing you all in game!

Add Your Own

underprivlidged said:

October 5th, 11:47 am

Has the total number of cars been stated yet?

sirdano1 said:

October 5th, 12:48 pm

I’ve been a loyal Gran Turismo fan since GT2, but I’ll be passing on this one. Too much focus on e-sports for my taste.

phinnv8 said:

October 6th, 7:01 am

I’ll wait for reviews before buying. Polyphony Digital used to be the best in the world, now it’s just waiting forever for them to release anything all the time, meanwhile Project Cars 2 looks amazing.

Matt2396 said:

October 5th, 1:04 pm

One of my fears after playing the Closed Beta was that few of the original Gran Turismo circuits would be included in the game. If that track list is accurate, then NONE of them have been included at launch.

Feel like it’s a kick in the teeth for GT fans.

Drizzzard said:

October 5th, 4:37 pm

No Laguna Seca?? Or high speed oval….for all the delays in the release this is unacceptable

fun_on_a_bun said:

October 5th, 4:48 pm

I’m hoping for some additional car and track DLC. More American muscle and classics. Challenger Demon and Hellcat and some vintage cars like in past GT games. DLC is fine, I waited for DriveClub to add them too.

PGhood said:

October 5th, 8:47 pm

They said there will be a total of 500 cars coming in DLC form for free.

WackyMonster23 said:

October 5th, 6:07 pm

What about the original track. I am not interested if this is the case. The price is funny too.

AJDUDE98 said:

October 5th, 6:56 pm

This game is a complete joke to make us wait a whole nother Year and have the lowest cars since Gran Turismo 1 and the least amount of tracks missing tuscuba and Laguna Seca and so many more feels like a real kick in the nuts thanks GT TEAM quality work you have lost a fan.

FRAN-MC-76 said:

October 11th, 1:46 pm

I’m not happy gt can emprove or I won’t buy it

Auto-Boss-K said:

October 6th, 7:19 pm

I miss Italian-job. That game was premium back then

TURBOJEDI said:

October 7th, 1:14 pm

wow, I lke a lot of these, BUT, no laguna seca, spa, or Monza.. and my favorite track of all time.. Trial Mountain. I can tell I’m getting older, the e-racing against others doesn’t interest me as much as actually playing the game and getting gold on the license tests..I’m sure I’ll like it, but its leaning towards Forza on-line racing against others, never like it as much…

Xx__C_F_H__xX said:

October 8th, 2:31 pm

What is this? We are missing a lot here. The Beta /Demo has been down also. Is this going to a total flop. I hope not, but it’s all pointing in that direction.

hnbvcxz said:

October 12th, 2:41 am

Even when you can play the demo, it’s buggy. Getting the impression the game really isn’t ready yet. Frustrating to say the least.

ChargerBR said:

October 9th, 2:16 pm

WOW!!!! Interlagos! Finally Brazil! Thanks

Tacad said:

October 9th, 7:14 pm

With the whole marketing campaign really pushing the whole e sports aspect of the game, I have to wonder: was that ever anyone’s lure to the franchise? I’ve been a long time fan of the franchise, and occasionally I’ll still play some GT2 or the newer titles. But this whole “less is more” mentality is very concerning. Having less cars, less tracks, less options than your competition doesn’t mean you’re honing your craft. It doesn’t mean it’s a purer experience. It means you’re lagging behind your competitors. Heck you can even see problems with the car list already. Like there are freaking videos for brands showcasing their latest and greatest cars, but they aren’t in the game. Challenger Hellcat? Nope. Ford GT? Nope.

I don’t mean to ignore the positives of this game, but at least from the demo it’s been very underwhelming.

hnbvcxz said:

October 12th, 2:44 am

Demo has been buggy as heck. Keeps crashing with a CE-38700-8 error. Until I’m sure these errors are nonexistent in the final product, I’ll be holding off.

Wine_Oh said:

October 12th, 5:24 am

Very disappointing track selection
When comparing this to project cars 2 or even Forza 7 it simply doesn’t hold up

Likewise if you remove all the duplicates and various iterations of Japanese cars the overall unique car list is paltry as well compared to its competitors

Considering how long it takes polyphony digital to come out with new versions of this game I find this to be borderline unacceptable, and certainly wouldn’t pay full price for this game

Frankly Sony I expected more

Flex585 said:

October 12th, 8:14 am

I have been waiting for this game for so long just to be very disappointed. We have no car options compared to other racing games. 150 cars compared to forza 500+! It’s crazy to think polyphony has been lacking in that department.

RasBigz said:

October 13th, 6:12 am

I truly hope that this does not turn out to be a huge letdown… I have been dying for a PS4 version of GT BUT now they are coming out with one, they are being cheap with the options??? #NoGood

PhantomFury2003 said:

October 17th, 1:13 pm

NO LAGUNA SECA??? We waited a digital century for this game, only to be greeted with a paltry car list and a frankly insulting track list? There is no excuse for this product, given what the Forza franchise has been able to do in shorter timeframes. I will grant you that the car shortage is a relatively easy fix via DLC that had better be free, but you guys REALLY **** the bed with regard to track selection. I’ve been playing these games for 20 years, and I truly hope you’ll make this right.

Gran Turismo is an iconic racing experience, and only a proper, full release will do it justice. A lot of your fans are hoping you’re hard at work and producing results – not promises.

JoaoCovas said:

October 18th, 12:59 am

I waited for 2 years for the launch of the new gt sport..
And when I finally got to buy and play, I was very disappointed, Gran turismo 6 was much more complete in terms of cars and customizations, why you made this game so incomplete?!?!
I like de old cars like, Hondas civic’s eg6, Hondas civic’s type r, integra type r, seat ibiza, and much more!!! Please tell me if you gona make some news updates in the future…
Thumbs

seouzmani said:

October 19th, 10:47 am

harika oyun boş zamanlarımda oynamaktan büyük keyif alacağım, iş yoğunluğu nedeni ile bu aralar oynayamıyordum. Araba yarışları favorilerim arasında yer alıyor.

Dexhead20 said:

October 23rd, 7:45 pm

I’ve been playing the game all day. I’m very impressed with the online feature and its the mode I’ve been waiting for since consoles went online in the ps2 days. However, I’ve been playing since gran turismo 1, and i was hoping too see those original racetracks, as well as tracks from gt2 and gt3.i also was hoping to drive the classic cars, that the first 4 games brought. I can’t find any of that. I can’t find long tournaments or endurance races in career mode. I can’t tune the cars I’ve collected in my garage for hours on end . the gameplay is what i expected from gran turismo, but the lack of content and absolute zero nod towards the history of this 20 year old franchise is dissapointing. I guess that was what gt4 was for us? Maybe they should have renamed the game…