God of War

Oct 06

Oct 06

Try PlayStation VR at Retailers Nationwide

In-store demos for PlayStation VR have returned, now through the holiday season!

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Marketing, SIEA

We’re bringing back our in-store demo program for PlayStation VR. Starting today through the holiday season, experience the magic of virtual reality first hand. Our portfolio of PS VR games has grown significantly to more than a 100 games as of September 2017, and we wanted you to get a chance to try out the latest content first-hand.

Play PS VR at more than 200 Best Buy and GameStop locations across the US. Click here to find out demo locations, dates, and times. We’re going to kick off this program with demos of Gran Turismo Sport, Final Fantasy XV: Monster of the Deep, Superhot VR, Dino Frontier, Raw Data, and Voltron.

More game demos will be added and continue through the end of this year, so keep an eye out for any updates here on PlayStation.Blog. And for Canadians, the mall tour and in-store demos that have been running the past couple months will also continue through the holiday season.

Our lineup of PS VR games continues to grow with even more amazing experiences that showcase the magic of this new medium. Let us know which PS VR titles you’re looking forward to playing this year!

Add Your Own

paulogy said:

October 6th, 8:05 am

This is how you get more people interested in PSVR. It really does have to be seen to be believed. Glad more people will get to try it for themselves :-)

poohty_t said:

October 6th, 8:14 am

This is just a friendly suggestion. If you want more people to buy a PSVR , a few things need to happen : You need better graphics on it and you need more AAA full games for it. The small, demo ish games are not going to get people in mass to buy something at the cost of a new system. I get that people can only play an hour or two max at a time. All the more reason full games need to be made for it, to give longevity of a game.When you can get more AAA games involved like Resident Evil did, for a full game made for this , then you will see more sales, but it wont sell at this price point for short demos . Its not what majority of people want .I hope it makes it and sticks around but at this point , the future does not look good for it from what i see.

drd7of14 said:

October 6th, 10:10 am

There are AAA games on it, and many games look great! 1 year in…Look at the 1st year of any console, and you’ll see the same amount of support. It takes time, especially since it’s new tech.

JP98_S said:

October 6th, 8:29 am

PSVR is something that I would love to purchase if I could just try it first. Unfortunately, it looks like I will never get to try it. I do a search and even extend the search within 100 miles of me and still nothing.

No retailers with VR Experience hours have been found.
Please expand your search.

I wish Sony would expand this further and help me give them more of my money.

FeistFan said:

October 6th, 1:35 pm

Similar issue here. At least I have some – four stores clustered together in the same city, right on the edge of 50 miles away. Nothing else for 100 miles in any direction. And where are they? In places where holiday traffic would drive you insane, of course – no point putting them somewhere unless the get a ton of traffic, I guess.

We have about four Gamestops (though most wouldn’t have the room for this) and a Best Buy in town – but no, none of them get one.

Put these things in every single Best Buy across the country, or don’t bother. Even if there was one in my area, as soon as word gets out that they may not be in the store you go to, people will blow it off because they don’t want to hunt down where to go.

You’ll get the fans who don’t need to be convinced it’s cool, and a few walk-ins at each location, but not as many as you could. And that’s a shame.

JesteR1701one said:

October 6th, 8:31 am

Seriously guys, I’m in Bangor, ME. I searched within the 100 miles radius and nothing. We do have a Best Buy store and 2 Gamestops here so please give us a chance to try out VR.

Sindred said:

October 6th, 11:51 am

And no one cares.

Sindred said:

October 6th, 11:53 am

Sorry. That response wasn’t meant for you lol. Phone version of site is messy.

Sindred said:

October 6th, 11:55 am

Very excited to see you guys continuing the push. But I’m very very disappointed that there is no Star Wars VR update. Some folks literally considered that their favorite VR game last year. And it was only one mission.

Randinator-_001 said:

October 8th, 9:05 pm

Im in your new england region in Massachusetts , hope they bring some vr demos over here

pablikenemy79 said:

October 6th, 11:28 am

No thanks, I don’t wanna get sick for play videogames… Then I like to play and bring my games with me all the time..

Thats mean This holiday season I’ll buy a Nintendo Switch !

Sindred said:

October 6th, 11:52 am

And no one cares.

pablikenemy79 said:

October 6th, 12:49 pm

Sindred Lol again ahahaha

cowmamba said:

October 7th, 3:37 pm

Buy a Vita if you want your games with ya! Especially if you have many PSN games. Quite a bit of them are cross platform / cross buy.

OrionRyan said:

October 8th, 10:37 am

You might want to check out what you have to do in order to use group chat on that device before you buy it. It is a complicated and rediculous procedure that requires a smartphone and several cables.

IcedDice777 said:

October 6th, 8:55 pm

LOL… Switch Fans/owners are fast becoming a joke on the net. IF Not port beggin’…They’re trolling and still port begging and looking for attention :)

Anyways… Most likely Will pick a PSVR on the holidays. Sega’s Alien Isolation NEEDS to be made compatible for it! Such a great game!

My .02

cowmamba said:

October 7th, 3:39 pm

So true. Yet, the same people made fun of the Vita when it was going through it’s dry spell. Now they are in the same boat and expect port after port to the Switch.

ClawOfTheFallen said:

October 6th, 9:01 pm

Can anybody give a heads-up to Namco? They sort of forgot to make a Time Crisis game for VR… It’s the perfect media for a Time Crisis revival, but I guess namco doesn’t care.

MakoSOLIDER said:

October 9th, 1:14 am

Ikr

krono0666 said:

October 10th, 11:13 pm

If you get the chance, check out BravoTeam. It has a Time Crisis vive. A cover mechanic, two-player co-op, and Aim Controller support makes the game feel like a modern Time Crisis.

The guys at SuperMassive Games have been doing amazing stuff.

icountstuff said:

October 12th, 4:32 am

I am sorry does the Vita allow triple A titles to be played on the fly? I thought it was tethered wirelessly to your console.??

VR is dying a fast death. E3 this year had virtually nothing being released by third party. Atleast the Switch get ports…lol

Game manufacturers arent even releasing VR content like they did in past. EA Battlefront 2 doesnt even have a VR mission in this version.

The new wireless Oculus created by facebook might resurrect VR… but unlikely.

GuyFamily999 said:

October 7th, 5:36 am

Not a single unit within a hundred miles of Indianapolis. I basically can’t find one in the whole Midwest. Wow guys.

cowmamba said:

October 7th, 3:39 pm

Same here. I’m in Indy too and can’t find anything on their map. Something tells me their map might be broken or everything is all on the west coast. :/

Sindred said:

October 8th, 5:15 pm

Tried Raw Data at Best Buy. Own it on the Vive as well. Happy to say the PSVR version holds up great and is a freakin’ blast. Don’t miss this one, folks.

DarkwingChuck said:

October 9th, 8:03 pm

I don’t understand how there are 2 Best Buys and a dozen GameStops within 10 miles of me but no PSVR demos within 100 miles.

ist1975 said:

October 11th, 9:28 pm

Same here! I live in Houston, TX, searched 100 miles radius, none! :(

Ujn said:

October 10th, 9:07 am

Like my good pal Yoda might say: “Know not what Nationwide means, Sony does.” Nothing in the entire state of CT. Guess I’ll continue to not know what PSVR is all about this holiday season as well.

davidtu08 said:

October 11th, 5:05 pm

They’ll play it, buy it. Then take it back once thy can’t fix the drifting issue like i ended up doing. Forget buying this and save our money

ist1975 said:

October 11th, 9:26 pm

I was very interested in buying one even before I tried it but now I am in doubt if I want one after watching how to set it up on Youtube! Far too many cables and attachments! Will Sony introduce a new generation one soon with less cables, I wonder? Like in 2018? That would be nice!

ccanfield1 said:

October 11th, 11:09 pm

I was sad to see that there are no demos in Tucson, AZ. There was a demo setup at a local Best Buy last year before PSVR came out originally but it doesn’t appear that it will be back. I am sad because I wanted to see what the new games coming out were like to help me decide if I would pick up a headset this coming holiday.

icountstuff said:

October 12th, 4:33 am

that is why…there are no new triple A titles coming out… not even an xwing mission in the new battlefront2