God of War

Oct 12

Oct 12

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds – Explore the Northern Wasteland of the Cut

The new environment trailer for Guerrilla's upcoming expansion brings you closer to the Banuk homeland than ever before.

Jeroen Roding's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Guerrilla

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds is an expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn that takes place in the Cut, a boreal wasteland to the north that separates the Banuk homelands from the rest of the world. It is a place where none but the most skilled hunters dare venture, and those that do must survive against dangerous new machines and freezing temperatures.

The latest trailer for Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds highlights some of the environments you will explore in this expansion to the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, including Banuk camps, frozen lakes, icy caves and more. Watch the trailer at the top of this post.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds will be available from PlayStation Store on November 7th, but you can pre-order your copy today to receive an exclusive PS4 avatar. Keep an eye on PlayStation.Blog and on Guerilla’s Twitter and Facebook pages to stay up to date on all the latest news surrounding Horizon Zero Dawn and The Frozen Wilds!

Add Your Own

hawjboi2009 said:

October 12th, 9:11 am

this trailer look amazing and awesome. Horizon zero dawn is amazing game ever i played

bludevil216 said:

October 12th, 9:13 am

Awesome!

Does the original HZD game still have to be loaded on my PS4 to run the DLC?

Angel-177 said:

October 12th, 11:13 am

While I’m Stoked for this, Your pre-order bonus is an Avatar?! LAME. Perfect oppertunityu to have a sweet Dynamic theme and…..*Splat*

djsaiyan said:

October 12th, 2:10 pm

An avatar and a 25% Plus discount. That sounds pretty alright to me.

whereymyconary said:

October 12th, 2:37 pm

Very excited for this. Already have it preordered.

HeathenFriar said:

October 12th, 9:04 pm

Same here. One of my favorite games ever.

FeistFan said:

October 12th, 3:40 pm

That’s a teaser – tells almost nothing, and gives just a hint at what might be a new herd of machines in the distance. Can’t tell if I’m excited or frustrated.

Going to be one heck of a birthday present. I usually don’t preorder DLC, but the quality of the game itself won me over.

RaynMain said:

October 18th, 10:38 pm

Couldn’t have said it better myself…

pyaesonewinttc said:

October 12th, 6:32 pm

this trailer look amazing and awesome

Welmosca said:

October 13th, 12:32 am

Not watching the trailer thank you but have Frozen Wilds pre-ordered since the option to pre-order popped on the Store.Horizon is among the 4 best games ever made,Guerrilla simply blew everything outta water with Horizon…always loved you Guerrilla but now you have ma support more than ever.I’m really lookin forward to play Frozen Wilds…hope it’s not short.

KnightRid said:

October 13th, 3:47 am

I have this pre-ordered also and like Horizon Zero Dawn……except the lame rewards for finding the special items like the Banuk items that you turn in to the merchant for a little bit of nothing. All that work….sigh Also replayability is kind of limited. It is fun to experiment with different things but, same ole, same ole. Oh and those hunting lodge things just are horrible, hate em, boring, skipped them all after getting into the lodge.

I wonder if NG+ will be available from the beginning for this DLC…

One of the best games ever….lets say in the past year, yes. So much repetition drags it down for me along with the lack of rewards like I said above.

musibat said:

October 13th, 5:40 am

the worst preorder bonus to date.

FeistFan said:

October 13th, 2:16 pm

If you’re criticizing the avatar as a preorder bonus, I can’t argue.

However, a significant discount as a bonus, I can get behind. Of course, it will be discounted even more over the next 12 months, but this is one of those rare games I’m willing to spend a bit more on – it’s been worth it so far.

Ice_27 said:

October 18th, 5:22 pm

Can’t wait! I pre-ordered as soon as it went live and never got an avatar. Anyone I can talk to about that?