PlayStation VR

Oct 13

Oct 13

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 10/17/2017

The evolution of racing has arrived. Gran Turismo Sport launches October 17 on PS4.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

For 20 years the Gran Turismo series has pushed the boundaries of racing. Now, the series continues on PS4 with Gran Turismo Sport.

Meticulously crafted by the renowned developers at Polyphony Digital, Gran Turismo Sport features the awe-inspiring visuals the series is known for alongside a renewed focus on competitive racing. Drive on tracks around the world with everyday rides and exclusive concept cars. Customize your car of choice with a robust paint and livery editor, and go beyond traditional photo mode with new ways to capture the perfect moments in automotive design.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of October 17, 2017
PS4 — Digital (Out 10/20)

Abyss

Discover and investigate a forgotten underwater city built in an intriguing Art-Deco style. This former utopia hides many spine-chilling secrets and supernatural forces, the remains of which still lurk in every corner.

PS4 — Digital

Bokosuka Wars II

Free your allies and lead your armies to invade the Basam Empire! More than 30 years ago Bokosuka Wars captured the minds of 80’s game enthusiasts across the globe. Now, an official sequel is finally here for PS4.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital

ChaosChild

It’s been six years since a massive earthquake leveled the city of Shibuya. Now, in October 2015, while researching a number of recent murders, Takuru Miyashiro realizes a horrible truth…

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Dungeons 3

Through enticing the dark elf priestess Thalya from the fluffy clutches of the surface world to become his chief lieutenant, the Dungeon Lord has found a way to direct his campaign of conquest from the confines of his underground lair.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Elex

Elex is a vast open-world RPG set in a science fantasy world full of freedom and choices, where magic and technology are fighting for dominance.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Gran Turismo Sport

Welcome to the future of motorsports. Gran Turismo Sport is the world’s first racing experience to be built from the ground up to bring global, online competitions sanctioned by the highest governing body of international motorsports, the FIA (Federation International Automobile).

PS4 — Digital

Hex Card Clash

Hex can do things a paper TCG can only dream of doing. We can socket gems in cards to give them additional powers, use card powers to transform them into different cards mid-match, and play with gamespace to produce never before seen designs.

PS4 — Digital

Jackbox Party Pack 4

The biggest and fourthiest addition to this storied party game franchise is here. Use your phones or tablets as controllers and play with up to 16 players, plus an audience of up to 10,000!

PS VR — Digital

Megaton Rainfall

Become an indestructible interdimensional superbeing in this first-person superhero game, and save Earth from an alien invasion.

PS VR — Digital

No Heroes Allowed VR

Become the God of Destruction in a unique real time strategy game utilizing PS VR. Breed monsters to invade human territories, seen in a diorama-like view through the eyes of the God of Destruction.

PS4 — Digital (Out 10/20)

Real Farm

Pull on your boots, fire up your tractor, and cultivate success in Real Farm, the most immersive agricultural simulator around.

PS4 — Digital (Out 10/16)

Realms of Arkadia Blade of Destiny

Blade of Destiny is a faithful remake of the 1992 original, adored by a generation of RPG fans and one of the most successful RPG’s of the 1990’s.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Rogue Trooper Redux

A pioneering tactical shooter and landmark comic book adaptation, Rogue Trooper is back, remastered and revitalised in true high definition.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

South Park The Fractured But Whole

From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes South Park: The Fractured but Whole, a sequel to 2014’s award-winning South Park: The Stick of Truth. Players will once again assume the role of the New Kid and join South Park favorites Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman in a new hilarious and outrageous RPG adventure.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital (10/20)

Spiral Spllatter

Spiral Splatter is a brain-bending arcade puzzle game that will push your hand-eye coordination to the limit with nonstop, mind-boggling puzzles!

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders
PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

One of the most unique and enjoyable Japanese RPGs features amazing graphics, dozens of characters, more than 30 endings, and 18 hours of spoken dialogue in key events for you to enjoy!

PS4 — Digital

WWE 2K18

The biggest video game franchise in WWE history is back with WWE 2K18! With hard-hitting action, stunning graphics, drama, excitement, game modes, match types, creation capabilities, and everything you’ve come to love from WWE 2K, WWE 2K18 promises to bring you closer to the ring than ever before.

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Liar- October 18 at 10/9c (Sundance TV)
  • 13 Nights of Halloween- October 19-31 (Freeform)
  • The Walking Dead- October 22 at 9/8c (AMC)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

RISE_UP44 said:

October 13th, 2:05 pm

Elex, Hex, Megaton Rainfall and then South Park, another awesome PSN Week.. Happy Birthday to the PlayStation VR from Nalyo Gaming..

KingRiegz said:

October 13th, 2:11 pm

I haven’t been this excited in quite a while. It almost feels like I’m waiting for Christmas.

SharkZone360 said:

October 13th, 2:23 pm

Gran Turismo Sport lets go!!!

guelfi23 said:

October 13th, 2:32 pm

Amazing but where is Ape Escape 3 you promised almost 12 months ago?

Axecution said:

October 13th, 7:40 pm

LOL

Forgot about that.

God i had fun with Ape Escape 2. Totally down to try 3

anszbd1 said:

October 14th, 5:23 am

I think sony already forget it lol. I want ape escape 1-3 remastered with 4k and 60 fps :)

I already finish ape escape 2 on ps4, it’s great.

gohan16ken said:

October 13th, 2:46 pm

Why is the ACA NEOGEO/Arcade Archives release off with XB1 again? XB1 got Real Bout Fatal Fury but the PS4 did not. Also previously for 3 weeks the PS4 didn’t get 3 games until last Wed.

Elk_mistral said:

October 14th, 6:17 am

you crying for nothing… if you not happy you should contact Hamster Corp. the answer will be” we sorry but we working on diffent platform and we need to finish Quality test for each platform. And btw do you know we working on arcade archives for switch? Nintendo gave us the right to publish all old arcade game from Nintendo exclusively on Switch. We have a team of 4 working on 3 platform on 4 region “Asia, japan , europe and America” that mean a different translation for all game…

gohan16ken said:

October 16th, 7:58 am

I love you @Elk_mistral

zeil999 said:

October 13th, 3:02 pm

Chaos;Child and maybe Summon Night 6 for me. Kinda a slow week. Still, that’s a good thing considering my backlog size at the moment.

whereymyconary said:

October 13th, 3:33 pm

Chaos; Child! for me. Very curious about No Heroes Allowed! and Megaton Rainfall. I’ll be keeping an eye out for those two for sure

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

October 13th, 3:49 pm

GT sport for me!!!! Loved the beta(except the crashing) next week can’t come soon enough!!!!

Beyondthegrave07 said:

October 14th, 7:08 am

By crashing, are you referring to the beta stop working or literally crashing your vehicle in the game? Haha!

MrBeens said:

October 13th, 4:11 pm

Oh fantastic! Bokosuka Wars II!!! So the game that got voted the worst game ever to be made for the NES now gets a sequel that looks to be easily voted the worst game ever on PS4!

Well done Sony!

South Park for me.

Welmosca said:

October 14th, 11:40 pm

Can’t be worse than Honor and Duty Arcade Edition…but with all the crap Sony is allowing in the Store I don’t doubt it.

Superstone said:

October 13th, 8:58 pm

Buying wwe on the switch. Thank you Nintendo for letting me play console experience games on the go.

MakaiOokami said:

October 13th, 10:58 pm

Well they made a tablet decent enough to get games ported to it for now. Then the next console generation comes we’ll see how well it holds up.

I kinda want to buy a switch, but only because the games I was gonna buy on Wii U have finally started trickling onto the Switch. We will see how long things work out for the switch. I hope you’re not getting WWE digitally. Or if you do I hope you got like a 128GB card, cause this game requires at least a 32 GB card so you can only get a few of those really high quality console releases. Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is another 30 something gig game, Skyrim is another 15GB… 3 games and you’re at almost 80GB and the card probably only has 115 available in total due to the way 1028 rounding occurs, and reserved space for firmware downloading and software management.

Even if Sony made a Switch competitor, game size inflation is going to dramatically put a stress on mobile gaming hybrids.

Welmosca said:

October 14th, 11:43 pm

Oh Superstone you’re here to replace the last troll of the Blog don’t you?…I knew it and I wonder if the Blog will ever stay a long time without a damn troll.

anszbd1 said:

October 14th, 5:19 am

Gran turismo for me, not interested before trying the demo, but after trying it I can’t wait for the game to arrive :)

mysongska said:

October 14th, 6:12 pm

JACK BOX 4… WHOOOO!!!

Welmosca said:

October 15th, 12:10 am

Decent week…I’m lookin forward to try Rogue Trooper in the future since I missed it in the PS2,I hope Elex get a demo and I remember reading a blog post about Megaton Rainfall game looks pretty cool but I don’t have a VR yet…well another one to ma list to when I buy a VR.

On another note:Was curious to see if GT Sport could top Driveclub but it didn’t and if not even GT could do it technically speaking I guess we’ll have to wait for a uuh…”PS5″ racing game ha.

jimmyjam14810 said:

October 15th, 7:26 am

South Park The Fractured but whole for me had it preordered months ago on amazon maybe Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny

mastorofpuppetz said:

October 15th, 11:17 am

LOl nice joke. Drive clubs physics are garbage compared to GT as is online.

steeler192 said:

October 15th, 9:55 am

The wait is over! Chaos;Child is finally here!

azn_gamer said:

October 15th, 10:51 am

Just wanted to make sure but is the Release date for Summon night 6 this time the correct one? I seen on amazon and gamestop with the release date being 10/24/2017 being the release date.

azn_gamer said:

October 15th, 10:54 am

10/31/2017. Don’t know why but the release date keeps on changing for this game.

cusman said:

October 15th, 1:15 pm

So many choices, so little time.

Arn_1 said:

October 15th, 6:41 pm

GT Sport and Wu-Tang’s The Saga Continues for me. GT Sports photo mode is awesome, allowing for unprecedented background wallpapers. The in-game graphics and gameplay are great too.

bombbreath said:

October 16th, 5:43 am

Wow what a line up and it’s not even the Holliday’s yet. The PS4 line UP’s just get greater and greater. PS4 Has the largest game line up of any console available.Let’s all start gearing up for are holiday shopping list early so are loved ones know what we want. Get your lists to your family members early. The titles just keep coming everyday so don’t miss out this holiday season. We here at Sony and the PlayStation Network want you and yours a many many titles gaming holiday season for you and your loved ones. From your customer ambassador to the PSNEI. Thank you and Greatness awaits. Game on.

Mackattackboom said:

October 16th, 10:54 am

Hm, I thought Chaos;Child was coming out on the 24th. Oh well, can’t wait to finally play it!

EbOuNcE88 said:

October 16th, 11:40 am

Just wanted to add some input about digital games. Today I was gonna pre order Southpark. I also have an xbox one. I thought wait, if I buy digitally with ps4 when ps5 comes out they will probably strip my purchase away and make me buy it again, so instead I bought the game on xbox.. you guys need to change this horrible issue of double dipping