Knack 2

Oct 24

Oct 24

PlayLink: Three New Games Launch on PS4

It's like PlayStation... with phones! Hidden Agenda, Knowledge is Power, and SingStar Celebration out today.

Asad Qizilbash's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIEA

We’re extremely excited for today’s launch of our brand new PlayLink games — Hidden Agenda, Knowledge is Power, and SingStar Celebration! The PlayLink titles allow players to sync their compatible mobile devices to their PS4 console and with a quick download of the game’s free companion app, they’ll be able to use their mobile device as a controller, or in SingStar’s case — a mic!

Completely accessible to those who are new to gaming, and challenging enough for some serious game nights, the PlayLink titles are a fantastic way to introduce family and friends into the world of PlayStation.

We like to think of PlayLink as PlayStation… with phones!

With the holiday season quickly approaching, consider breaking these out during your potentially awkward family gatherings or spicing up your parties with these brand new PlayLink games. There’s something there for everyone and we can’t wait for you to check them out!

Let’s take a look at what’s launching today:

Hidden Agenda

Ever wish you could change the outcome of a movie? Now you can. Just imagine this as a movie night with your friends — only this time, you all control the narrative. Developed by the creators of Until Dawn, Supermassive Games is back with the release of Hidden Agenda. Join Becky Marney and district attorney Felicity Graves as they investigate the case of a serial killer known as “The Trapper.”

Knowledge is Power

We all know how competitive families can get (especially during highly intense rounds of trivia). I’m pleased to introduce you all into the pyramid of knowledge — a whole new world that can be found in Knowledge is Power. Battle it out with your family and friends, only the smartest and dirtiest will land on top!

SingStar Celebration

I’m not the best singer in town but I’m always up for a round of SingStar! With 30 new tracks from the world’s hottest artists, there’s a track for just about anyone who’s looking to show off their vocal talents (or lack thereof). SingStar Celebration has hits from artists like Adele, Kings of Leon, and U2 — perfect to get the party started.

Hidden Agenda and Knowledge is Power are available to purchase for $19.99 / $29.99 CAD each at PlayStation Store and retail stores. SingStar Celebration is available to purchase for $19.99 / $29.99 CAD at retail stores.

Our first PlayLink game, That’s You!, is also available now to purchase for $19.99 / $29.99 CAD. The game has been updated to include even more fun filters, and family-filtering options.

We hope you get to experience the PlayLink range of games as we have more on the horizon!

You can expect mini-game madness in Frantics which will be released on March 6, 2018.

Add Your Own

FrostByte32 said:

October 24th, 9:17 am

We had a blast playing a game of “That’s You!”, so I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this space.

I have been unable to find whether these PlayLink games require PS+ subscription or not. Does anyone know, or can a mod confirm?

I plan to keep PS+, but I have friends that might enjoy these, but don’t pay for that subscription.

mamabear58216 said:

October 24th, 10:33 am

They are all local games so most likely not. That’s you had a play online feature, but sadly the others don’t. Jackbox is better since you can play with viewers if you are a streamer. Playlink you can only play with those that are in the same house.

cusman said:

October 24th, 1:35 pm

I think some features can require PS+ but basic local co-op play does not.

For example

Playing online in That’s You! might require PS+
    Turning on Global Stats in Hidden Agenda might require PS+

I can’t test / verify since I have PS+ myself, but my understanding is that only the features requiring PSN service would require PS+.

The PlayLink game gets to your smart device (phone or tablet) via your local network (PS4 can be wired or wifi and then smart device on wifi). If you have no home Network, you can set your PS4 to be the network device, so the smart device would then connect directly to the PS4.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the local multiplayer options will all work without PS+

Lethal_NFS said:

October 25th, 5:31 am

You do not require PS+ since these games are tied to your friends only. There are no servers.

MakaiOokami said:

October 25th, 10:20 pm

Using PS Plus you could theoretically do Share Play. As a result you’d be able to have a bunch of people on the couch, and then play with 1 person who couldn’t make it and hopefully have a blast.

Theoretically that is. My internet is too terrible to be trying to do that.

Tarheel_Mark said:

October 24th, 4:00 pm

These all look really cool, but I’m still crossing my fingers for a PS4/PlayLink version of Buzz.

MaDogNik96 said:

October 24th, 4:02 pm

I think I heard Knowledge is Power was made by some of the people that worked on Buzz.

MaDogNik96 said:

October 24th, 4:01 pm

I loved playing That’s You! with my friends, and thought Until Dawn was a blast (Please make Until Dawn II?), so I picked up Hidden Agenda. I’ll probably get Knowledge is Power at some point too.

Question for SingStar: Does it use the SingStar Mic app, or is there a new one?

MarcoAntonio07 said:

October 25th, 4:55 am

I bought Hidden Agenda and it is great, but I’d like more if it had controls like Until Dawn then playlink app! It could be an option nor mandatory! i don’t think that playlink came to stay! I don’t want to be mean, just leave my feedback!

Lethal_NFS said:

October 25th, 5:29 am

My wife and I played That’s You! last night and we had so much fun. The pictures of ourselves were hilarious and the drawing part was really fun. I did much better since I have a Note 8 and could use my stylus. :)
Hidden Agenda is the next game we are going to try and then she really wants Knowledge is Power. Overall I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed myself.

whereymyconary said:

October 25th, 7:44 am

Played Hidden Agenda last night, PLEASE make these DS4 Supported or at least the ability to change devices between the same user. My phone ran out of battery last night and when i switched to my IPad it wouldn’t let me start up again claiming I wasn’t the correct player. Very annoying. Had to start a new game just to have a new ‘controller’ Can’t image this happening at a movie night with a group of friends.

Game was a lot of fun though, but annoying device limitations.

SBocska said:

October 25th, 10:12 pm

Misprint in this post, the CAD versions are $26.99 (not $29.99).

Still a bit high, since the exchange rate face value would put it at $25.60 today, but whatever.

Zezzler said:

October 26th, 7:09 am

Would love to see a new BUZZ with Playlink controls! It seems like a perfect fit (as much as I would miss the buzzers), for extremely easy setup! This series still needs to make it’s PS4 debut too!

paulogy said:

October 26th, 12:10 pm

I didn’t realize SingStar Celebration was retail only. Is there any way to buy just the song pack from PSN directly?

TreasureReserved said:

October 28th, 8:49 am

Can I play Hidden Agenda alone?

Daeloki said:

October 30th, 5:33 am

Can you play this one online like That’s You? Most of my gaming friends live far away, and meeting up is not a simple option

daniloinxs said:

October 30th, 6:05 am

WOW! Finally Singstar news! Was thinking that was dead :-)

scarfacelover said:

October 30th, 8:08 am

Why is everybody playing Singstar and Hidden Agenda?! I live in the Netherlands and it’s not out yet until november 22. I pre-ordered Singstar and it was to be released on October 25, but when I showed up at my local game store they just told me it got delayed until november 22. Same with Hidden Agenda. But now I’m reading that people already played these games? what the ****! why is it not out here yet!?!? Why does Sony decide to delay these games in countries like mine?