God of War

Oct 27

Oct 27

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 10/31/2017

Return to the historic conflict that enveloped the entire world in war.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Land on the beaches of Normandy and battle across Europe in the next chapter of the world-renowned series. Call of Duty: WWII launches November 3 on PS4.

Developed by the team at Sledgehammer Games, Call of Duty: WWII returns to the roots of the series with a heart-pounding campaign that winds through a world at war. Witness a story of brotherhood, or enter the online arena and compete against other players in a fast-paced game of skill. Call of Duty: WWII also features a new cooperative experience that tells a terrifying original story.

For the full list of new games next week, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of October 31, 2017
.Hack//G.U. Last Recode
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 11/3)

HackGU Last Recode

Log back into the .hack//G.U. trilogy and return to “The World,” as Haseo tracks down Tri-Edge in .hack//G.U. Last Recode, now with enhanced graphics, improved gameplay, and brand new modes!

PS4 — Digital

8-Bit Adventure Anthology

8-bit Adventure Anthology is a compilation featuring faithful remakes of three of the best 8-bit point & click adventure games ever made. Now is your chance to play Shadowgate, The Uninvited, and Déjà Vu the way they were supposed to be played — with a controller in hand and worlds waiting to be explored!

Ben 10
PS4 — Digital

Ben 10

As Ben Tennyson, it’s up to you to save the world. Take on some of Ben’s most infamous enemies, including Zombozo, Queen Bee, and the Weatherheads.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Bubsy

Our favorite Bobcat is making a triumphant return 20 years after virtually disappearing from the world stage. Yes, that’s right, Bubsy is back and starring in an all new adventure, Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back!

Call of Duty: WWII
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 11/3)

Call of Duty WWII

Call of Duty returns to its roots with Call of Duty: WWII — a breathtaking experience that redefines World War II for a new gaming generation.

PS Vita — Digital

Pox Nora

Command armies of fantastic creatures, cast spells of devastating power, and summon relics of ancient renown to defeat opponents in Pox Nora!

PS4, PS Vita — Digital

Rabi Ribi

Erina’s humdrum life as a regular rabbit is turned upside-down when she finds herself in an unknown world and turned into a human! Along the way she meets the cheerful pink-haired fairy, Ribbon, who mysteriously chooses to stay by Erina’s side…

Sokoban Next
PS Vita — Digital (Out 11/1)

Sokoban Next

Play the world’s favorite puzzle game on a brand new level: if you liked the original, you’ll love Sokoban Next!

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Spintires MudRunner

Spintires: MudRunner is the ultimate version of the million-seller hit Spintires for the first time on consoles. The game puts you in the driver’s seat of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme landscapes with only a map and compass as guides!

PS4 — Digital

Steven Universe Save the Light

Join the Crystal Gems on the ultimate quest! A mysterious new Gem has stolen a powerful weapon. Only Steven and his friends have what it takes to stop her.

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Major Crimes- October 31 at 9/8c (TNT)
  • Stan Against Evil- November 1 at 10/9c (IFC)
  • Shameless- November 5 at 9/8c (Showtime)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

CrimsonNemo said:

October 27th, 2:05 pm

Still waiting for a Hat in time to drop on PS4, but until then I’ll just play Mario Odyssey.

Kishnabe said:

October 28th, 1:16 pm

Nov. 5th, so the following week.

Trendy_Kid said:

October 27th, 2:14 pm

Steven Universe and Spintires look pretty interesting. Definitely picking up .hack//G.U.!!

luisyed said:

October 27th, 2:27 pm

Finally! I’ve been waiting a lot for Rabi-Ribi to come to the US PSN.

MapleStory said:

October 27th, 2:32 pm

Am I the only one completely shocked and excited for 8-Bit Adventure Anthology: Volume I? What a surprise, never would’ve imagined Shadowgate and Deja Vu being re-released on PS4! Really looking forward to future volumes.

ThaFamilyGuy said:

October 27th, 5:47 pm

I was also shock early this week when I heard this was happening. I’m absolutely buying this immediately and playing them. It’s been so long and my boxed Shadowgate isn’t much help without an NES. Now we just need Castlevania and Dragon Warrior collections to finish out my favorite NES music fix.

HeathenFriar said:

October 27th, 8:14 pm

Excited about the idea of many great NES games making their way to PS4.

mattmanp said:

October 28th, 6:38 am

I played all of these growing up so I am excited about this too!

steevoeevo said:

October 28th, 6:36 pm

Completely shocked and excited! I’ve been contemplating picking up Shadowgate off Ebay for the NES but I guess now I won’t have to. Rented Deja Vu when I was a kid but just wasn’t mature enough to get anywhere. And I’ve never played the Uninvited but have always wanted to. Instant buy for me!

MetManMas said:

October 28th, 7:16 pm

As a big fan of the ICOM MacVentures and their NES adaptations, I was excited to see this li’l bit of news. Surprise releases like this really make keeping up with The Drop updates worth it.

Hope they also include regional options. The Famicom version of Shadowgate was infamous in Japan for its third person localization, and both Deja Vu and Uninvited had some bits of content altered or cut (to appease the dark lord Nintendo of America) that were still present on Famicom.

Sora9669 said:

October 27th, 2:59 pm

Still no PS2 Classics? You’ve rated 5 yet to be released yourself Sony.

HeathenFriar said:

October 27th, 8:13 pm

There’s tons of good stuff on PS4, so I’m patient, but yeah, I REALLY want Ape Escape 3 on PS4! What’s the hold up?

infamousgodV2_0 said:

October 28th, 4:08 am

@sora9669
    I just facepalmed when i read your comment. You do know that .Hack//G.U. Last Recode is a collection of games from the Ps2? I guess u just post like a bot without reading and doing research.

MetManMas said:

October 28th, 7:07 pm

@infamousgodV2_0 Don’t be too hard on the Sora kid. I know the .Hack thing is a remake of a PS2 trilogy and all, but it’s still completely understandable why they would be frustrated by the more standard PS2 rereleases slowing to a crawl.

There’s plenty of great games out there that won’t get more thorough remasters like .Hack or Okami or Final Fantasy XII, games where the most we can hope for in terms of official rereleases is a direct emulation of the PS2 original.

paperwarior said:

October 29th, 10:06 pm

I’m pretty sure an Okami remaster has been confirmed for PS4. And there’s always the PS3 version for a remaster.

MetManMas said:

October 30th, 8:24 pm

@paperwarrior I know, it was just poor wording on my part. I intended it as an example of a game that has gotten the full fledged remaster treatment.

“There’s plenty of great games out there that won’t get more thorough remasters (that the) like(s of) .Hack or Okami or Final Fantasy XII (have received), games where the most we can hope for in terms of official rereleases is a direct emulation of the PS2 original.”

infamousgodV2_0 said:

October 27th, 4:05 pm

Nothing for me. Im busy with AC Origins till Horzion Zero Dawn Frozen Wilds comes out.

stalepie said:

October 27th, 7:45 pm

Wow, Deja Vu and The Uninvited. Totally didn’t expect that! I wonder if they’ll be like the NES games or Macintosh.

Finalfantasiie said:

October 27th, 9:18 pm

I know it’s not really the same thing but imagine if old school Shadowrun dropped on PS4 somehow…That would be beyond amazing. Then again, Cyberpunk 2077 is basically the same thing.. if it’s ever comes out xD

(I’ve been reading do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and it’s really got my cyberpunk obsession going again.)

MetManMas said:

October 28th, 6:55 pm

Do you mean the SNES game, or the Genesis game? Or both? Me, I’d love to see both of the 16-bit games based on the tabletop setting, though I’d go with SNES if I had to pick only one.

Speaking of Shadowrun, I would love to see Shadowrun Returns and its better follow-up games come to PS4 someday.

saab01 said:

October 27th, 9:20 pm

I hope this COD WW2 will bring the game back to what us old players are used to. Had to skip the last 4 games but this one has me interested hoping reviews come in soon.

takaithepanda said:

October 27th, 9:56 pm

Pretty sure no one thought Bubsy was their favorite.

Corvelay said:

October 27th, 10:46 pm

Summon Night 6 is also finally coming out on 10/31.

ElektroDragon said:

October 27th, 11:02 pm

Wrong, Bubsy IS my favorite in this list.

garindamnt said:

October 28th, 8:21 pm

Looking forward to Bubsy.

MetManMas said:

October 28th, 10:09 pm

I’m no Bubsy fan, but I’m certainly interested in seeing how this revival fares. It’s not every day that a series that’s retroactively reviled and whose last entry has appeared on many Worst Game Ever lists receives a new title.

Anyway, there’s like two decades between Bubsy 3D and Bubsy: The Woolies Strike back, and the 2D platformer genre is far less of a gamble on the quality front than it used to be.

What could possibly go wrong?

guelfi23 said:

October 28th, 2:29 am

Ape Escape 3?

Potter13579 said:

October 28th, 6:40 am

Jak X please.

Tatanka2007 said:

October 28th, 5:12 pm

Definitely not excited about Call of Duty. That franchise needs a year or two or three off.

I am excited about Hack//G.U. Last Recode. That looks way more interesting than COD even if it’s essentially a remaster and could have been named better.

Rabi-Ribi caught my attention. I googled it and discovered that it was hugely successful on Steam (98% liking it from 3000+ reviews).
That said, the Drop is essentially useless since the Drop doesn’t provide any screenshots, trailers, or even game description. A listing of titles with some random text that doesn’t give any clue as to even what genre the game could easily be improved.

gygk said:

October 28th, 7:19 pm

I’m excited for Call of Duty: WWII

MidnightDragonDX said:

October 29th, 12:40 am

8 Bit Anthology looks cool, but busy with Assassin’s Creed Origins.

Hayterfan said:

October 29th, 5:08 am

Completely forgot about Dot Hack, and Rabi Ribi coming out this week, between Mario, Wolf2, AC:O, and working two jobs, its hard to find much time fore everything.

And like someone said where are the PS2 classics? I know Jak 2-X (and maybe Lost Frontier) are coming, and most of RockStar’s other PS2 games just got rated by the ESRB. Not to mention this whole month would have been perfect to release some of the PS2’s greatest horror games like Silent Hill 2-4, Fatal Frame 1-3, Kessen (Think thats the right name), Onimusha, Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground, and god knows what else I missed.

MetManMas said:

October 29th, 4:27 pm

Kessen is a real time tactics game, not a horror game. After a quick search for PS2 horror games online, I think Kuon was probably the one you meant.

I would totally buy Kuon if it showed up.

Yeah, I’d love to see some old PS2 horror games show up.

MetManMas said:

October 29th, 4:28 pm

Uh, meant this as a reply to @Hayterfan BTW. Forgot to hit the Reply button.

Alecj22 said:

October 30th, 6:52 am

This is the first time since i started gaming that i have zero interest in Call of Duty. The first time i havent preordered since Black Ops 2 and the first time im not buying it….since i can remember.

OexecutionstyleO said:

October 31st, 3:46 am

“Wow something for everybody, there are so many great pick ups. I’m glad there so many good games coming out”
. – That is a paraphrase of what some of you guys comments look like. lol. Pathetic, have a great day everybody