PlayStation VR

Oct 30

Oct 30

The Last of Us Part II – Another Piece of the Puzzle

The sequel to the Naughty Dog masterpiece gets a new trailer at Paris Games Week.

Neil Druckmann's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Naughty Dog

After nearly a year since our announcement that we’re working on The Last of Us Part II, we’re finally ready to reveal a bit more of the game. Above is an all-new in-game cutscene on the latest iteration of the Naughty Dog engine, running on a PlayStation 4 Pro. Enjoy!

At its core, The Last of Us is still very much about Ellie and Joel, but for this reveal, we wanted to showcase several new characters that are integral to their next journey. We’re sure you have many questions after watching this scene. We’re also pretty sure that we’re going to see all sorts of theories about whom these characters are, where and when this scene takes place, and how all of this fits into Ellie and Joel’s next story. For now we’re keeping mum, but we’re excited to see what y’all make of this piece of the puzzle.

The Last of Us Part II PGW-03

The Last of Us Part II PGW-04The Last of Us Part II PGW-09

With all of Naughty Dog working on The Last of Us Part II, we’re making great headway into the project. From art, technology, gameplay, and story, this is by far our most ambitious game yet. You’re in for an intense, beautiful, harrowing, and emotionally moving ride. We’re extremely proud of the game we’re crafting and can’t wait to show you even more – and we promise you won’t have to wait as long for the next big reveal!

Until next time, endure and survive!

Add Your Own

XtremeGuardian said:

October 30th, 10:52 am

This is going to be Awesome! I love the work at ND

akibake said:

October 30th, 11:36 am

Brutal. Can’t wait for another masterpiece.

YungShep said:

October 30th, 12:32 pm

didn’t even look like TLOU2 until the music came in. amazing work!!!

Thwip said:

October 30th, 3:30 pm

My arm hurts!

Amazing stuff, can’t wait to see more. I don’t really need to; I’m buying regardless.

kitkins said:

October 30th, 5:52 pm

Shame on you guys. You’re better than this. Seriously .All that preview did is make me uncomfortable certainly didn’t make me curious about the characters, curious about who’s working for Naughty Dog. Meh .

TJ_Solo said:

October 31st, 2:01 am

Maybe the issue is with you. ND certainly can’t control what makes you uncomfortable nor are they making a game that appeals to just you.You should be better than this.

Madmaz116 said:

October 31st, 5:16 am

I agree, why do we need to see scenes of torture..sick

Moxiesan said:

October 31st, 8:42 am

This is exactly how it would play out though. In a world such as this, there would be cruelty. It’s like Mad Max. I thought the trailer was spot on perfection. I also think it’s events pre-LOU1.

If you cannot stand a little torture, then LOU is not the games for you.

HugoStiglitz_420 said:

November 3rd, 10:15 pm

Maybe they don’t want to spoil anything?

and what is making you uncomfortable? Are you really that much of a snowflake?

Don’t play the first game then because it has much more “uncomfortable” stuff than this trailer LOL

aaron101 said:

October 31st, 4:23 am

Most telling sentence for me is “. For now we’re keeping MUM,”!! Just Saying!

Madmaz116 said:

November 1st, 5:07 am

yeh it is this world , but Im not entertained by such things , and i dont want to be a part of it , so goodbye.

Madmaz116 said:

November 1st, 5:08 am

oh wrong reply thread

Pauliely said:

November 1st, 1:06 pm

Looks great once again. Naughty Dog once again shows technically advanced game that pushes boundaries how we play our games and experience these great stories combining that with amazing Gustavo Santaolalla’s soundtrack that nails that cinematic moment. Can’t wait to see more of The Last of Us Part II.

Logan22 said:

November 1st, 10:46 pm

Neil you realize I’m going to be expecting gameplay demonstration at PSX now right?

Darmon-Arr said:

November 2nd, 1:50 am

So there “Keeping mum” Guessing this is the new story about Ellie’s mum maybe? I’m still buying it. Take my money.

Red-5x said:

November 2nd, 5:09 am

Thanks for the info. If this is In Engine, you need to concentrate all the Hardware ro have the same quality Real Time in Gane, especially

sergioreyes09171 said:

November 2nd, 6:53 pm

Many people wait for the date release of this game

HugoStiglitz_420 said:

November 3rd, 10:13 pm

Yea, they’re called casual/ignorant gamers.

This game is no where near that stage of development. You won’t even get a release window until e3 2018 at best. You’ll be lucky to get a solid release date before PSX 2018.

This game isn’t coming out til 2019 if not later.

Kid_Grim said:

November 6th, 11:16 am

The first one pulled every emotional string I had, Cant wait to see this one.

UAE-EMPEROR23 said:

November 7th, 12:12 am

if last of us support Arabic ?

ANGEL_DUST2369 said:

November 10th, 8:35 am

WOW I AM STOKED!!!!

Brian3523 said:

November 11th, 11:18 am

Naughty Dog makes some of the best games.I can’t wait!

duke301 said:

November 17th, 1:00 pm

If anything, this made me sick to my stomach rather than excited to see the next game be released. Not only that, but it seemed more like The Walking Dead than the Last of Us. If that’s were this is headed then you can count me out, at least until I can pick it up for $15.

JohnKarnes said:

November 17th, 10:45 pm

You don’t water down a masterpiece, it has to show the light and darkest shadows. The emotions this trailer invokes is what brings it to life. I will be following this but already know its a day one must have for fans of Naughty Dog and their amazing work they do.

AizawaYuuichi said:

November 19th, 8:18 am

Considering that Neil and Bruce took over production of Uncharted 4 in late Spring of 2014 after Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog, rewrote massive amounts of it and delivered a full game only two years later (May 2016), I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we get more footage of this at PSX 2017 with a 2018 release window, or if they give us the exact release date of early November 2018 at E3 next year. If the whole of ND is working on this, they’ll be able to crank it out. That’s how they got U4 out so fast, and I have no doubts that they can do it again. They were probably prototyping story and new mechanics for this as they were polishing U4, which means they’ve had people working on this since early 2016, if not late 2015.
Personally it’s not for me, but it’s nice to see that games can tackle really heavy subject matter and be praised for it.