PlayStation VR

Nov 06

Nov 06

Introducing the PlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle

Welcome back, Dragonborn.

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Marketing, SIEA

The November 17 release date for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR is just around the corner, and we couldn’t be happier to announce that we’re making it easier than ever to enjoy the epic open world of The Elder Scrolls with the PlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle.

The PlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle includes the PS VR system, PlayStation Camera, two PlayStation Move controllers, and Skyrim VR — including the Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn add-ons. Also included is an updated PS VR Demo Disc that features demos from 13 PS VR titles.

The PlayStation VR Skyrim Bundle will launch alongside the game on November 17 in the U.S. for $449.99 USD and in Canada for $579.99 CAD. If you want to make sure you get your hands on one, pre-order your bundle starting today.

This is the full length open-world game you have been waiting to experience in virtual reality. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim’s stellar reputation hardly needs an introduction, as the title has won more than 200 game of the year awards in its time. We simply can’t wait for PS4 gamers to experience it like never before. For those who are longtime fans of the game, Skyrim VR will transport you right into the game’s epic world. For those who have yet to play Skyrim, you are in for massive treat.

PlayStation VR Skyrim VR BundlePlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle

Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel and the future of the Empire hangs in the balance. As the Dragonborn, the prophesied hero born with the power of The Voice, you are the only one who can stand amongst them. And you will — all in a stunning virtual reality package. Skyrim VR can be played with either a DualShock 4 or the PlayStation Move controllers. To heighten your experience, each controller also enables you to customize your movement with both free movement and teleportation options.

This bundle will come with the updated PS VR system featuring revised design that enables the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset, and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable. The updated PS VR system also comes with a new Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit between the TV and the PS4.

We are also excited to launch a brand new TV spot that drops you into the frigid and relentless plains of Skyrim as you get ready for an all-new journey against rival factions, creatures, and Alduin — the worldeater.

Long time player? Tell us your favorite Skyrim memory! New player eager to jump in? What are you most excited for?

FUS RO DAH!

Add Your Own

whereymyconary said:

November 6th, 7:34 am

Well now that’s a bundle! Good price too, Think I paid 500$ just for the bundle with VR world a few months ago.

pablikenemy79 said:

November 6th, 7:38 am

Better Skyrim on the Go for Nintendo Switch..

This one seems like a “motion sickness adventure” , a game that you can’t play more than 10 minutes…
No thanks, Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch, that’s the way to “Go”..

RavageX said:

November 6th, 7:43 am

What are you even doing here then? And from the sounds of it you don’t have VR.

This game and many others have all sorts of setting to make you more comfortable(avoid motion sickness) if you have a problem with it.

Which most people who have and played VR have gotten their legs for it by now.

TrueLink00 said:

November 6th, 8:21 am

Lots of us don’t get motion sickness, and many that do have it reduced or go away by playing games in VR. It’s a new experience that the brain doesn’t always get.
    In general, I think the problem’s proliferation may be overblown. I’ve demoed VR to a couple dozen people with only a couple people having issues on a few specific games. I also played through Resident Evil 7 with a group of seven first-time VR users. Only one user got motion sickness. This was specifically from going up and down stairs in the game. Once he realized this, he was fine to play more and deal with stairs in-game.

Sindred said:

November 6th, 8:45 am

I’ve been playing Skyrim portable on my vita with remote play. I think the actual NEW experience will be VR. So I will go that route.

Peduzzi said:

November 6th, 8:58 am

As someone who loves his Switch, you sound like you’ve never even used VR. I played plenty of full locomotion games for 5-6 hours straight without taking off the headset, feeling just peachy.

Timmehh15 said:

November 6th, 10:40 am

Found the guy who doesn’t own a VR headset.

dreamboatgame said:

November 6th, 12:59 pm

Silly Rabbit the Switch is for kids

XtremeVirus said:

November 6th, 10:46 pm

You means Skyrim Soapy Adventure on the go? No thank you, 640p 10 to 25fps is not for me.

Dragoon02 said:

November 8th, 6:44 pm

The funny thing about the switches skyrim on the “go” is that it is really not something new. I have had skyrim on the go for over a year it was called steam and a laptop.

zingakun said:

November 6th, 7:39 am

Which new demos are included in the updated VR Demo Disc?

Vizigoth04 said:

November 6th, 7:51 am

I need this game and a could new PS Move controllers and I’ll be set. I have everything else.

OnTheBus666 said:

November 6th, 7:52 am

This is good it’s a step in the right direction but still I will wait for Ace Combat 7 before considering a PSVR headset. Please Sony release a bundle for AC7

GunnerFCm said:

November 6th, 7:55 am

I preordered this game the moment it was announced at E3 and went and bought a VR on the back of it. I’ve loved the experiences I’ve had with VR the last 5 months, but if I had known they were releasing an updated version of the hardware and a Skyrim bundle, I probably would have waited… No regrets here but excited for those of you who get this as your first PSVR experience! Enjoy!

cusman said:

November 6th, 8:23 am

Great on paper, but I need to know if this is the PSVR 2.0 that includes HDR pass-through or not because I have a PS4 Pro and 4K HDR OLED and I don’t like that PSVR 1.0 prevents HDR from working.

DarkwingChuck said:

November 6th, 8:36 am

“This bundle will come with the updated PS VR system featuring revised design that enables the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset, and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable. The updated PS VR system also comes with a new Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit between the TV and the PS4”

DarkwingChuck said:

November 6th, 8:41 am

The GT bundle with the old model and no Move controllers it was a no-go for me. This has me sold though. I haven’t played Skyrim besides briefly trying it out on free weekends so I’m looking forward to it. Worried about motion sickness but at least there’s the teleport option if that’s a problem.

JumpMan33 said:

November 6th, 9:27 am

Does this bundle come with the newly updated PS Move controllers that have the larger battery and micro USB ports?

CrusaderForever said:

November 6th, 9:40 am

I already own the move and camera but only want the PSVR 2.0. When will the new PSVR by itself be available for preorder?

sandkwithhp said:

November 6th, 10:48 am

We still need a new/replacement breakout box with HDR pass-through for the PSVR V1. I would be so happy to pay a reasonable fee to upgrade.

BadFlounder said:

November 7th, 12:36 pm

Sony have already stated there are no plans to release that, sadly. If you want HDR pass through you need to buy the model2 PS VR.

pinder2009 said:

November 6th, 2:56 pm

Are there really no better or newer VR games that could have gotten a PS4 VR bundle? Who really wants to play Skyrim again? A game that came out in 2011? FFS there are so many good games deserving of bundles, in general not just specifically VR, put Sony continues to **** the bed.

andre11894 said:

November 6th, 3:35 pm

People are too much u can’t compare Skyrim on any console Switch, Xbox, PS4 to VIRTUAL REALITY SKYRIM. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS

IF U PLAYED RE7 BOTH WAYS & BEAT IT U WOULD KNOW THAT

Sindred said:

November 6th, 7:18 pm

Preach it, brother. You are so right.

Andre_PSID said:

November 7th, 12:25 am

Would be nice if Sony put some pressure on Polyphony Digital so they unlock the features missing in the VR mode of gran turismo sport. That opt-in for arcade races only with limited number of laps is ridiculous. We should be able to choose how many laps and choose for time trial only. That AI on VR mode is useless anyway.

General_Prilla said:

November 7th, 8:22 am

Nice!!! When do we get this bundle in the EU?

SpaceMonkey77677 said:

November 8th, 5:49 pm

Anyone else getting an error when trying to preorder it? because i cant seem to buy it… JUST TAKE MY MONEY PLAYSTATION!!!

SpaceMonkey77677 said:

November 8th, 5:51 pm

Anyone else get an error when trying to preorder this? because i cant seem to buy it… JUST TAKE MY MONEY PLAYSTATION!

SardoNuemspa said:

November 8th, 9:20 pm

This is going to be great exactly what needs to happen an RPG VR I can’t wait to see more RPGs go VR looking forward to this I went out pre ordered it early to make sure that I got my copy

Exwolverine said:

November 9th, 3:14 am

Perfect. When do we get this bundle in the Europe?

Shayniak said:

November 9th, 3:46 am

Awesome…. I’ve been waiting for the psvr zvr2 in canada since i heard the announcement on October. Bundled with skyrim… this is going to be Mint!!! Time to jump in. I also agree with the polyphony coment. Upgrade the gran turismo sport VR mode pleeeaase!!

THE-PLASTICA-MAN said:

November 10th, 12:11 pm

The interesting question: I see it is packed with PS Move controllers. Is it packed with the new controllers too?

Chicago-CPD- said:

November 10th, 11:40 pm

This looks great and at a reasonable price (although one might be able to find it in pieces for a bit less money). I wonder: Does it come with a download code for the game or only a disc? The blu-ray drive is busted on my PS4 and I can only DL games.

Jase150870 said:

November 11th, 9:41 am

Anybody know if this’ll be available (the bundle, that is) in the UK?

larryvt said:

November 11th, 11:25 am

Are you able to play this game that Comes with the bundle not in VR mode I like VR but my wife doesn’t we both love skyrim

slamdunkfunkk said:

November 12th, 10:45 pm

No, the bundled version is VR only.

ajm-c said:

November 13th, 5:53 pm

I’m thinking about getting the playstation vr skyrim bundle for my wife and I for Christmas. Only thing is, she doesn’t want to play using the vr headset. If we both want to play Skyrim, do we have to buy the non-vr version of the game too or can the VR version be played as non-VR as well? Would really prefer not to have to buy two versions of the same game.Thanks.

ajm-c said:

November 13th, 5:56 pm

SORRY! I just saw that the same question was already answered. Nevermind!

mbydalek said:

November 13th, 6:57 pm

Is this the same game as the original Skyrim, just in VR?

shoogyboom said:

November 16th, 4:03 pm

Does anyone know when this bundle is coming to Australia? EB Games and JB Hifi are selling a bundle with first version of headset, camera, demo disc 1 and Skyrim for $399 AUD. It’s a good deal but doesn’t include move controllers or PSVR 2.0.