God of War

Nov 22

Nov 22

Gran Turismo Sport: Incoming Updates Add New Cars, Offline Play, GT League & More

New cars, features, fixes and more are on the way to the legendary series' recently released PS4 entry.

Tim Hodges's Avatar Posted by SIEE

It has been a few weeks since we launched GT Sport, and it’s been really exciting to see so many people take to the track. In fact, we’ve already seen over 26 million hours of gameplay around the world, so now we want to share with you our plan for what’s next with the game, including new cars and game features through Patch 1.06 in November, and the introduction of the “GT League” in December.

Patch 1.06 (Coming November 27th, 2017)

From November 27th we’ll begin rolling out new cars, and kicking off with these three free new cars.

Gran Turismo Sport - Patch 1.06

Gran Turismo Sport - Patch 1.06Gran Turismo Sport - Patch 1.06

In addition to the new cars, when the patch drops on November 27 you can also look forward to the Livery Editor, Scapes and Campaign modes becoming available to play offline (you will still require internet access to save your progress). There will also be various tweaks and adjustments to balance the gameplay.

GT League (Coming December 2017)

Launching as part of our free December update, we’ll be introducing a brand new single player mode called “GT League”. Based on the old “GT mode” of previous titles, players can now look forward to racing through a series of cup competitions from beginner to pro levels, and and even partake in endurance races!

Check out the screenshots below to get a sneak peek of what you can expect in December. We’ll be adding more races to these leagues in 2018.

Gran Turismo Sport - GT League

Gran Turismo Sport - GT LeagueGran Turismo Sport - GT League

Gran Turismo Sport - GT League

Gran Turismo Sport - GT LeagueGran Turismo Sport - GT League

New Cars: (Coming December 2017)

In addition, the following 12 cars will be added to the game in the free update of December 2017:

• Mazda — RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
  • Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32)
  • Nissan — Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)
  • Ford — F-150 SVT Raptor
  • Lamborghini — Countach LP400
  • Ferrari — F40
  • Ferrari — Enzo Ferrari
  • KTM — X-BOW R
  • Suzuki — Swift Sport
  • Volkswagen — Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
  • Chris Holstrom Concepts — 1967 Chevy Nova
  • Chevrolet — Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3)

Gran Turismo Sport - New Cars for December

From now to March 2018, a total of approximately 50 cars are already planned for addition to the game. And the updates will continue beyond March! You can of course look forward to the addition of new tracks as well, so stay tuned!

Be sure to stay tuned to official GT and PlayStation channels as there are plenty more updates to come from the team. Until then, happy racing!

Add Your Own

Pere_GT_ST said:

November 23rd, 12:54 am

Please could you add the following tracks and cars?

Tracks: Spa, Tsukuba, Laguna Seca, Sarthe with El Capitan and some/all of the old original GT tracks

Cars:
Old hondas (4gen civic/crx, spoon edition hondas, original nsx…),
more porsches (911 in all flavors for me ;))
vw golf mk1,
old mercedes cars (190dtm please), some of the original japanese GT300 and GT500 cars,
and maybe some older cars in general (american muscle, Italian classics, EU youngtimers and Japan 80‘ and 90‘ rally B group monsters from the 80‘… You could relese them in packs)

Car handling is excellent in GTS good job, enjoying the porsche feeling!
Nurburgring is excellent, very hard to master in GTS I can see the effort in making it even better than in GT6. The modelling of the pavement is outstanding. Lidar surveying?
And thank you for giving us back the GT mode… Loved the GT mode since GT2…

sibbor said:

November 23rd, 1:16 am

Awesome! Purchased GT Sport on the PS Store thanks to this news. Finally the GT I grew found of during my childhood. GT1 and GT2 was amazing. I hope saving becomes possible offline too.

– Classic maps remastered (imagine Grand Valley with GT Sport graphics…)
– Ability to purchase new car parts (cosmetic; wings, spoilers…)

I think you should add future car bundles

honismo said:

November 23rd, 2:31 am

Dynamic climate ?
Damage ?
Customize HUD ?
Move camera in external view with R3 ?
No start in motion, stopped in grid ?

ng024 said:

November 23rd, 3:09 am

I’m happy to see that they are adding the GT League. I really was not enthusiastic about this new entry in the series as I was afraid it would lack the experience I’ve loved since the beginning. With this update GTSport becomes a “must purchase” rather than a “meh i’ll pass”.

KnightRid said:

November 23rd, 3:16 am

GT League should have been in from the beginning so now I will wait for a good sale ($20-$30) before buying this as the people in charge did not care about the end users right from the start.

I still don’t understand why you have to have internet access to save your progress…?? We have limited Gb/month and crap like this is just stupid.

That is all from Negative Nancy….for now……LMAO

alifdanial026 said:

November 23rd, 5:09 am

WOW!!!! I LOVED IT..PUTORE JDM!! AND CUSTOM TUNER!!!!!KEEP ON…GT THE BEST

alifdanial026 said:

November 23rd, 5:10 am

*PUT MORE JDM!!!

donmaynardo said:

November 23rd, 5:40 am

All the VR Players i know want to have GT Sport in VR with Multiplayer

” This ist what VR-Players want !!! “

conan75lu said:

November 23rd, 6:47 am

Finally great news for a game I’ve always loved. But What about Monza. Daytona, Spa, Le Mans, Laguna Seca and all the nice gt circuits?? There’s no endurance FIA GT CHAMPIONSHIP with no ORIGINAL TRACKS.

Please let us know…

JaySkoon93 said:

November 23rd, 7:34 am

Wow! SONY and Polyphony Digital are awesome! I am very thankful for this news.

JaySkoon93 said:

November 23rd, 7:45 am

This is an enormous step in the right direction! However, as I’m sure many people have already stated, even with this huge addition, the game is still flawed in certain areas. No dynamic time or weather is odd, but to my understanding it was to be able to maintain a smoother frame rate. The HUD is either fully cluttered, not enough info, or off entirely. There needs to be a Project CARS 2 style implementation of HUD customization. A damage model would be nice. Exhaust sounds are still awful! When you switch to a car in your garage, the real sound is played, but when you get on the track it sounds nothing alike. Ability to look around the car in chase cam with R3. And a few other minor, yet bothersome flaws.

joki009 said:

November 23rd, 10:44 am

Full VR Feature and support please!!!!

ciufla said:

November 23rd, 11:49 am

FULL VR FEATURE AND SUPPORT PLEASE!!!

paul4059642 said:

November 23rd, 2:30 pm

This is great news, can’t wait for the GT league:-)
Few cars I’d love to see ingame
McLaren p1
Porsche 918
Mercedes amg gtr
Porsche 911 R
Honda nsx

kanatniy said:

November 23rd, 10:12 pm

I need more old track !!! PLEASE !!!!

Rome short,
Rome Circuit
Rome Full Curse!
Laguna Seca Raceway!
Seattle Circuit!
Apricot Hill !
Tsukuba Circuit !
Autumn Ring !
Deep Forest Raceway !
Grand Valley Speedway !
Trial Mountain Circuit !
Tokyo R246 !
Circuit de Spa !

Please comeback classics of Gran Turismo !

kanatniy said:

November 23rd, 10:16 pm

I need more old track !!! PLEASE !!!!
Rome short,
Rome Circuit
Rome Full Curse!
Laguna Seca Raceway!
Seattle Circuit!
Apricot Hill !
Tsukuba Circuit !
Autumn Ring !
Deep Forest Raceway !
Grand Valley Speedway !
Trial Mountain Circuit !
Tokyo R246 !
Circuit de Spa !
Please comeback classics of Gran Turismo !

SAZGEVIC said:

November 23rd, 11:56 pm

IMPROTANT QUESTION!!!
How exactly are the updates going to work? Will they require codes?
I am asking this becasue I have a US PSN account but I bought a game in a different region! Meaning the codes won’t work!
Do you guys know if there will be paid expansions or some sort of paid dlc in the future or is it gonna be free updates from now on?

Pere_GT_ST said:

November 24th, 1:53 am

Will there be voice chat support in the future? It would be great fun to have it just in the private lobby games so we could talk with friends and family while playing…

Nice to know you are working on the game to bring us more content, this could really be the greatest GT…

And again I would like more cars and tracks… Old civics 4gen, BMW M E28, E30, 2002ti, old DTM and JGTC packs… Hope I am not daydreaming…. ;-)

WHEELS_ON_WATER said:

November 24th, 7:04 am

Saves are still online? halfassed job much?

Andre_PSID said:

November 24th, 9:07 am

Any of these updates will touch the VR portion of the game? That was the reason I bought this game and so far it’s been a huge disappointment.

You gotta be kidding when you release a racing gave where you can’t adjust how many laps you want to race…

ronin05 said:

November 24th, 10:19 am

This patch is worthless. If the game is locked and you have to gain access then there is no point to playing offline if that data isn’t saved. instead of spending so much time on scapes more time should have been put into content (tracks) and letting people race the way they want to race. I know I’m probably in the minority and my $60 doesn’t matter but I’m done with the GT series. I’ve still got GT3 which to me is a far more enjoyable game because it lets me focus on racing how and when I want to race

ronin05 said:

November 24th, 10:23 am

What I’d like to see in a patch is more (no oval tracks) even if from previous GT games. full offline saves. and custom offline championship where I can pick a class, select the tracks I want to race (and conditions) and just race. When I see that patch I’m all in and will buy GT Sport ASAP. until then I’ll just stick with GT3

SAZGEVIC said:

November 24th, 10:41 am

do you think they will add offline championships where you can select tracks and all? Also, do you think I should keep on to my GT5 on the ps3? Is GT sport better than the fifth one which I heard is considered to be the best GT game?

Laserbeak43 said:

November 24th, 10:16 pm

Some Fanatec wheel support would be nice…

fun_on_a_bun said:

November 25th, 8:06 am

67 Nova is agreat addition! Glad to see some vintage muscle finally being added! Still needs more Mopars new and old, but you are much closer to getting my 70 bucks Polyphony

phade2blaq said:

November 25th, 8:15 pm

But you still need internet access to save progress so clearly Polyphony still doesn’t get what playing and saving progress offline truly means.

Rade_82 said:

November 26th, 12:07 am

Love the game and the graphics the editor and every thing about the game. I just think that there should be alot more standard cars. Like bmw 3 series, audi A – series models, mercedes class modell. Volvo. There is no suvs in the game.

One things that they should consider is live trading and selling cars. Like fifa 18 where you can bid on players you could bid on cars or srlling your cars.

big-blue22 said:

November 26th, 3:37 am

Why can’t they add time trials for vr ? Anything better than 2 laps.

neverenoughtime said:

November 26th, 8:38 am

Really wish they would add more vr support. Time trial mode and leaderboards please.

iPadPro_Fan said:

November 26th, 1:09 pm

when in december? i cant wait

iPadPro_Fan said:

November 26th, 1:10 pm

How to set bots?

keno1268 said:

November 26th, 2:50 pm

did anyone suggest a quarter mile track? i believe this simple feature can bring a lot more to the gan turismo franchise . its something that is over looked in every installation of the game. a drag racing track would truly make gran turismo sport the total package when it comes to considering a racing game to invest your time and money in.

jaapwel said:

November 26th, 10:04 pm

nice

txmarine1 said:

November 26th, 10:13 pm

I keep hearing rumors there wont be open cockpit cars I this game like the Ferrari F10 and 2007. Is this true?

ritchbeemritch said:

November 27th, 2:27 am

Great BUT…
any news about Official Licenced SONY Products like FANATEC PS4 Wheel???
PLEASE!!!

Parricidal said:

November 27th, 9:07 am

Porsche 918? McLaren P1? Koenigsegg?

deano005 said:

November 27th, 1:25 pm

The cars handled good before the update, but after the update the GT3 cars corner flat and the customisation seems to have less effect. I tried getting the BMW to handle like it did before the update, as i felt a lack of feel from the cars handling. It should be realistic, not an arcade. But i get it, it makes it easier for beginners.

captianflateye said:

November 27th, 1:35 pm

Great news .just what was needed. I really hope they patch the vr . More challenging ai. Also be able to adjust the cockpit position and switch off that pain f.o.v black out and set no laps.

Styl3r1la said:

November 28th, 8:52 am

Please add more customization to splitscreen mode please: enable pit stops please =Tyres schould get used and fueling the car should be possible, must be an easy tweak, thank you so much!!! Loooking forward, for this one!

YoussefMaxx said:

November 28th, 11:33 pm

pls bmw m760 li or bmw m 550 i come cars news

arbillarbill said:

November 29th, 12:04 am

1.) Thrustermaster T300RS Pause Menu pop up suddenly sometimes.
2.) Ferrari 458 Italian ’09 shift up not shift up not properly when using Fully Customizable Transmission setting

Opiumkid74 said:

November 29th, 1:38 am

Please,bring more tracks to GranTurismo,No fantasy but real tracks,like:LeMans,SpaFrancorchamps,Lagunaseca,Imola,Jarama etcetera

beat_the_game said:

November 29th, 9:21 am

More classic cars please!!

KnightofShaw said:

November 29th, 3:32 pm

I’m enjoying Gran Turismo here in New Zealand, however, recently you’ve moved the championship race times to after midnight each day. It used to be starting at 22:00, but now I don’t bother, as it is too late.

Can you not move it earlier for this region, or at least create more race timeslots for the championship races so that it is not so late at night?

DasAlchemist said:

November 29th, 5:54 pm

I would be happy with more VR like competitive time trials. The cars are great and even better in VR.

Blueangels23456 said:

November 29th, 6:50 pm

Would love to see a 2012 camaro ss and a corvette c5 zo6 or c6 zo6 and a Chevy cruise hatchback would be funny and cool to have in the game

Blueangels23456 said:

November 29th, 6:53 pm

It would be really cool if you guys could add body kits such as rocket bunny and other customization options to the outside of the cars and it would be cool to do engine swaps such as put a corvette engine in a miata

Lenida77 said:

November 29th, 11:13 pm

Yes, that were some great news, and made me go buy the game that I was not 100% sure few days ago… Nice to see all the kids bragging about wishes, your mommy probably buys you everything you want. For me the game is great… Sure I miss the old tracks, but we have a few new, so, no worries…
About cars… Yes, gt6 was great with 1000 cars, half of those were crap models from ps vita, and i didn’t even purchase them because they were just ugly modelled, other half was made of perhaps 250 cars, and 250 were different skylines and imprezas and 350z… Now every car is unique and beautifull, so, that’s a big plus for me… Yea, i’d like bmw e30 m3 and 190dtm, and 205t16, and 930t, and 911 2,7rs back, but, if i don’t get those, i am still happy with the game.

donmaynardo said:

November 30th, 12:30 am

Full psvr support, please.

This vr mode is so boring !!!!

It makes me sad ;-(

stevoe426 said:

November 30th, 3:39 am

Online gaming should have only been an option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the beginning Gran Turismo has been my all-time favorite game to play and look forward to. And sadly now it has ended. As with a lot of other games that I enjoyed playing.
I live in a rural area where internet is not available. Nor will it ever be available.
I’m so freaking frustrated!!
Bought a PS4 system and I can’t play my favorite games.

BumbleBee10457 said:

November 30th, 9:17 am

It would be nice to have a specific race for the Volkswagen Beetle like there was for the Samba Bus.

Ryan_was_taken said:

December 1st, 9:18 pm

So, somebody probably asked this already, but will the 50 new cars be a paid DLC or will it be a free update?