PlayStation VR

Nov 29

Nov 29

PlayStation Experience 2017: Panels, PlayStation Presents and More

Our favorite event of the year is this weekend! Here are all the details on our Friday night event, the panels happening over the weekend, and more.

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

Hello hello! Hard to believe, but PlayStation Experience 2017 is right around the corner – starting with Friday night’s PlayStation Presents. Gulp!

Speaking of PlayStation Presents! The show will commence at 8:00pm Pacific Time Friday, December 8. If you’ve got an Early Bird ticket, you’ll be able to join us on-site in Anaheim, California.

Though PlayStation’s biggest 2017 announcements were revealed at E3 and Paris Games Week, we’ve saved a few stocking stuffers for Friday night. Expect to listen in on candid discussions with some of PlayStation’s top developers, get updates on key titles, and be a part of some special announcements. Even Kinda Funny’s Greg Miller is dropping by!

Then, on Saturday AM at 10:00am, PlayStation Experience will kick off proper. And boy oh boy it’s set to be something special. But we’ll share more details about what’s in store soon.

Update: Badge pickup details below, since many of you have been asking!

You can pick up badges Friday, December 8th, 2017 at 10:00am. Badge pick-up will be located at the Anaheim Convention Center outside of Exhibit Hall B. You will need to show your government-issued photo ID and your PSX 2017 confirmation.

Full badge pickup times below:

Friday, December 8th, 2017              10:00am – 10:00pm
Saturday, December 9th, 2017        8:00am – 10:00pm
Sunday, December 10th, 2017         10:00am – 6:00pm

I’m also pleased to share our panel schedule. Panels will take place on Saturday, December 9 and will stream live on live.playstation.com, Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook starting at 11:00am Pacific Time on Saturday. We’ll broadcast game updates, previews, and interviews in between, so don’t touch that dial!

Read on for full details. See you in Anaheim!

PlayStation Experience 2017 Panel Lineup

Accounting for Accounting+: Squanch Games and Crows Crows Crows

11:00am Saturday, December 9
Join Rick and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland (Squanch Games) and The Stanley Parable designer William Pugh (Crows Crows Crows) as they examine the comedic opportunities of VR with Accounting +, on PS VR December 19, and trade notes on the exciting new medium of VR gaming.

Media Molecule Presents Dreams

12:30pm Saturday, December 9
Join Media Molecule studio directors Siobhan Reddy, Mark Healey, and Alex Evans alongside a very special guest to take an in-depth look at the development of Dreams during their exclusive Saturday panel at 12:30pm.

IGN Ranks the Top 10 PlayStation Games of all Time

2:00pm Saturday, December 9
IGN’s Podcast Beyond crew is here to figure out the 10 best PlayStation games ever, and they need your help! Uncharted 2 or The Last of Us? Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Journey or Shadow of the Colossus? Is it too soon for Horizon Zero Dawn to make the list? Help us build the best of the best that PlayStation has to offer. Help us celebrate 20+ years of PlayStation at PSX!

Ghost of Tsushima: From Concept to Reveal

3:30pm Saturday, December 9
It’s been a month since we announced our newest title, Ghost of Tsushima. Here at Sucker Punch, we’ve watched so many reaction videos and read many of your comments with smiles on our faces, so we thought PSX was a great opportunity to share a little more with you all.

Join us on Saturday at 3:30pm as Nate Fox (Creative Director), Jason Connell (Creative/Art Director), Billy Harper (Animation Director), Ryuhei Katami (Associate Producer, Sony Interactive Entertainment) and moderator Brian Altano (IGN) discuss how we approached making the debut trailer and what inspired us to make this game. We’ll share epic concept art that’s driving the tone and visuals for the game, and share a little about our reference trips to Japan and working with new team members that are helping make Ghost of Tsushima even better. Also be sure to stop by our signing session after the panel and come say hi. Stay tuned for more info on time and location.

Uncharted 10th Anniversary Celebration

5:00pm Saturday, December 9
Join us as we celebrate the Uncharted 10th Anniversary at PSX 2017 with an unprecedented gathering of the cast from throughout the series! Nolan North, Emily Rose, Richard McGonagle, Claudia Black, Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, Graham McTavish, and Robin-Atkin Downes reflect on the series and share their memories with guest moderator Greg Miller (Kinda Funny). We’ll also be hosting a special signing session with the cast prior to the panel. Keep an eye on the PlayStation Experience app for time and location!

The Last of Us Part II: Meet the Cast

6:30pm Saturday, December 9
Join Naughty Dog and the cast of The Last of Us Part II as they discuss the making of the cutscene teaser trailer that was revealed just a few short weeks ago at Paris Games Week. Director and writer, Neil Druckmann, co-writer Halley Gross, and key members of the game’s cast discuss the writing process, casting, performance capture, and more with moderator Hannah Hart! For those attending the event, there will also be a signing session following the panel.

Add Your Own

Brink-2-Chaos said:

November 29th, 8:06 am

Sooo bummed I’m missing the presentation because i put off buying an early bird ticket

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 29th, 8:19 am

No worries, we’re streaming it!

KBABZ said:

November 29th, 11:49 am

The Kinda Funny community will be doing a mass watchalong of the Showcase stream in the lobby of the Hilton! So you can watch it with an audience there if you’d like!

BusOfTheUndead said:

December 7th, 9:07 am

Right. I’ve gone to every event and bought the early bird. Sucks I was broke this time around and missed out on the incentive.

US_ARMY said:

November 29th, 8:11 am

Is the showcase on the Friday night going to be live streamed? It mentions that the panels will be, but Didnt notice if the showcase will be? This is normally the highlight for everyone that cannot attend in person.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 29th, 8:18 am

Yep! See the paragraph above that says: “If you can’t join in on the fun in person, you’ll be able to watch the show at live.playstation.com and earn rewards, or stream on Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook starting at 8:00pm Pacific Time Friday night.”

CanadianSk8er said:

November 29th, 8:19 am

man I really REALLY hope we get some release dates for some games. I’d be so damned hyped if Red Dead or Last of Us got a release date

freshprincepbg said:

November 29th, 8:22 am

I have to say everything about this PSX has been disappointing. From no keynote, the games and panels.

I was contemplating going to this event, which would have been super expensive as I’m in Florida. And I’m so glad I didn’t.

Next PSX if there is one, you should mention that there isn’t going to be a keynote before you sell the tickets. And try and have it somewhere else other than west coast

sysu3peat said:

November 29th, 9:40 am

No way…there’s not keynote? That’s the biggest reason why I bought the tickets. What the heck Sony? And your little event is Friday night? Ridiculous.

Subzidite said:

November 29th, 10:04 am

Judging from the DMC5 News that got up , it mentions a Downscope on PSX’s Presentation. Ramping up the E3 2018 instead

It make senses to why we get new trailer for TLOU:P2 at PGW,Not PSX

Bam4evr said:

November 29th, 9:44 pm

“From no keynote”? Didn’t they say that that would be Friday night?

Rogue_Eagle said:

November 30th, 2:50 pm

The keynote is on Friday this year, for early bird holders.

samv33 said:

November 29th, 8:27 am

Great line-up of panels. Glad I got my early bird ticket. I’d love an announcement from FromSoftware, but I’m not getting my hopes up that high.

anberlin44 said:

November 29th, 8:33 am

My group all got early bird tickets but before this whole fiasco happened we planned on going to Disneyland instead… oh well. On the bright side… I am very excited for the Uncharted panel. Plus maybe meeting Nolan North and Troy Baker? COUNT ME IN!

strano said:

November 29th, 8:41 am

I bought the early bird tickets so how do I get the ticket for Friday night? Do I get it when I register? Email?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 29th, 1:16 pm

Full badge pickup times below:

What are the PSX 2017 badge pick-up hours?
    Friday, December 8th, 2017              10:00am – 10:00pm
    Saturday, December 9th, 2017        8:00am – 10:00pm
    Sunday, December 10th, 2017         10:00am – 6:00pm

SiloEyes said:

November 29th, 8:46 am

How early should we get there to line up for the Friday night presentation as Early Bird people? Will we need to pick up a ticket somewhere or just show our orders on our phone?

INS1GHTFUL said:

November 29th, 10:20 am

I’m assuming that all early bird ticket holders will be guaranteed to get in so I’m not going to get there too early. I am very glad though not to be lining up in the cold for 4 hours on Saturday morning! Although it sucks for non early bird ticket holders who won’t be able to attend.

krae_man said:

November 29th, 8:47 am

I hope you wow me when I’m there. I’m honestly very underwhelmed.

PSX should be your Wrestlemania, but everything I’ve seen so far feels more like a random Thunder.

Boopy75 said:

November 29th, 8:57 am

I’ve been to every PSX conference since the original, flying in from Canada’s east coast. I bought the ticket and booked my flight this year when the dates were announced. I admit I’m actually disappointed something’s happening on Friday evening. I actually land at 8pm that day, since the event is advertised as being Dec 9 and 10. I thought the keynote last year was awesome and I’m bummed I’ll miss the opening speech.
For those of us travelling, it would be much appreciated if a schedule was released earlier so we can plan accordingly.

krae_man said:

November 29th, 9:32 am

They announced the Friday Early Bird stuff when tickets went on sale.

Not the exact time, and what it was, but they did say there would be Friday stuff for Early Bird ticket holders.

If you have an early bird, you should have paid more attention and booked an earlier flight. If you don’t have an early bird, you’re not getting in so it doesn’t matter.

Boopy75 said:

November 29th, 10:02 am

Yes I have an early bird ticket. My point is that having the opening keynote (or whatever they’re calling it now) outside of the actual even days is disingenuous. They initially offered no detail about what the early bird bonus was, and I was ok not getting whatever bonus they would offer.
    The actual keynote, however…

Rogue_Eagle said:

November 30th, 2:55 pm

I can relate. I actually got lucky this year and instead of choosing a late flight like I normally do, I just decided to take a full day off and get in around 3pm.

Once I found out they were holding the keynote Friday for early bird holders (I bought early), I knew I had dodged a bullet. If I would have done what I’ve done in all the years since (I, too, have been to all of them), I would have missed out.

Sorry, bud :/

Beatboxtaun said:

November 29th, 8:58 am

Can’t wait! We’ll see you soon!

xaos said:

November 29th, 9:04 am

So awesome, looking forward to seeing all you kids have to offer!

Takes me back to my old days when I lived in SF and would always see Jeff R and company at things like the Uncharted 2 launch, or the God of War 2 launch at the Metreon :)

StingrayX said:

November 29th, 9:13 am

So when is badge pickup?

DEATH-LORD33 said:

November 29th, 9:17 am

Hoping for a Syphon Filter remake/remaster by bluepoint games!

StingrayX said:

November 29th, 9:20 am

I’ll definitely hit up the Naughty Dog panels. Can the autographs be more organized then last year?

Shindough said:

November 29th, 9:24 am

Are there any plans for non-Early Bird attendies at the time of the presentation on Friday?

Subzidite said:

November 29th, 10:05 am

No Keynote , we may get something that is underexpected and not like 2016’s Stunning conference I think

(so , we go PGW>E3>TGS & PSX? in terms of announcements?)

Warped said:

November 29th, 10:10 am

Yeah it looks like this is getting mixed up this year, it kind of sounds like the PlayStation Presents on Friday is the keynote but it will be a bit different. and Saturday and Sunday are all on the Expo floor.

Warped said:

November 29th, 10:05 am

Ok I’m a bit confused so the “PlayStation Presents” is the conference that has been Saturday mornings in the past? Also, only early bird tickets have access to the show so does that mean we won’t have to line up for hours outside to get into the venue?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 29th, 7:00 pm

Yep, it’s a special presentation but we’re not calling it a Showcase or conference. It’s Friday night at 8pm

Early Bird tickets will be able to attend the PS Presents on Friday night; waiting in line will only serve to (potentially) get you a better seat! But there will be seats enough for all EB folk.

Warped said:

November 30th, 1:09 pm

Thanks Sid, you’re the best! See you next week :)

Catfish715 said:

November 29th, 10:13 am

What are the odds ND announces a new map and cheaper chest for U4? that’s what they NEED to do along w/ updating Uncharted TV w/ literally anything else (jesus the same ads and montages for months, even if i barely look when do glanced i become bothered lol)

GameOverGreggy said:

November 29th, 10:13 am

Can’t wait!

paulogy said:

November 29th, 9:11 pm

Love seeing all the Kinda Funny love here :-)

I was already looking forward to this event, but now I’m especially interested in the streams of your two panels! :-)

A_Flappy_Duck said:

November 29th, 11:28 am

I have a early bird ticket, do I just show up Friday about 7:30 and stand in line? Or do I need to register somewhere before hand?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 29th, 6:59 pm

Yep, pick up your badge any time starting Friday at 10am. I added full details to the article above.

Warped said:

November 29th, 12:25 pm

I was wondering the same things, last year Badge pickups were available all day Friday but everything else started on Saturday, this Time it looks like it will be Friday so there might be a badge pick up Friday before the 8PM show and you can just walk in and find a seat.

Fireteam_DELTA_ said:

November 29th, 11:52 am

Anyone know when Badge pick up will be also what the early bird tickets gives us. Besides that I can’t wait this is my 2nd year going

StingrayX said:

November 29th, 1:33 pm

I hope the Kinda Funny community doesn’t run rampart again. They are quite annoying to deal with.

kiratachibana said:

November 29th, 1:48 pm

I also bought the ticket for The Game Award, do I just pick up the ticket at Microsoft Theater?

Tidus0203 said:

November 29th, 2:43 pm

Okay but will final fantasy VII remake be present or new KH3 news?

Superstone said:

November 29th, 2:53 pm

New handheld please. And bc for ps4

The_Flamingmole said:

November 29th, 4:26 pm

What if we bought tickets to the Game Awards on 12/07. When can we pick those up?

chzxmnky said:

November 29th, 4:50 pm

What time do the doors open for Playstation Presents, and is seating first-come first-served? Are seats guaranteed for all Early Bird ticket/badge holders? Thank you!

RIOGA6 said:

November 29th, 7:08 pm

This is disheartening. I have gone to every PSX and have sat front and center in every keynote, after waiting hours upon hours to get great seats, the one time I don’t get early bird tickets is the one time they actually matter.

Is there any chance to get in if I go, and some of the early bird ticket owners don’t show up?

devi441ance said:

November 29th, 8:26 pm

God of War?

SolidFoxTeam said:

November 29th, 10:10 pm

What about those of us who bought The Game Award tickets, where do we pick those up or when do get them?

Subzidite said:

November 29th, 10:29 pm

Sid can you describe couple things about the Presentation ,I mean. Does it held at the same floor that used to held Previous Year’s Showcase?

If Im understand right , its not just conference/keynote/showcase – it called Special Presentation but will still held at the same floor as previous year’s does?

Notserp2814 said:

November 30th, 12:58 am

Sid, is there any chance that we’ll get to have the trophy cards link up to our PSN accounts and get actual PSN trophies for PSX in the future? It would be AWESOME to be able to “platinum” another PSX and not just get a card for it, but get a digital representation of it as well on my account. If like in the past we can link our PSN accounts to the event mobile apps and earn rewards, how come we can’t also earn PSN event trophies?

Lazykarl24 said:

November 30th, 5:27 am

Two questions:

1. It looks like all the panels are scheduled for Saturday. Other than the Capcom Cup, is there anything special planned for Sunday?

2. Regarding the signing sessions for both Uncharted and Last of Us, can items not related to Uncharted and Last of Us be signed?

WileyWildWatusi said:

November 30th, 7:06 am

I was really hoping for a Bloodborne 2 announcement there but that doesn’t seem like it will happen. It better be at E3, I’m desperate!

MayHamMonkey said:

November 30th, 5:39 pm

Will the Uncharted 10th anniversary signing be free?

Tirasoul said:

December 3rd, 9:46 am

All i want to see is two game titles! First one my FAVORITE fighting! Soul Calibur VI! Please let this be real!
I’m waiting for the new soul calibur title since soul calibur V. I want to see the return of Soul Calibur back to the best titles of SCII and SCIII. Pls Let this be happen! I’m so excited!
The second title i want to see more from this is Jurassic Park Evolution! Pls let this two titles to be there! Pls Sony!

distructo2005 said:

December 5th, 10:52 am

Can you tell us when the next trailer for kh3 is releasing

DREADVIBE said:

December 6th, 4:21 am

What Is The Dress Code For All 3 Days Of The PlayStation Experience Events?

Strathmore said:

December 6th, 4:46 pm

Hey Gang,

Any idea when the PlayStation Experience App will update with the programming? All I see now is the Argentina Game Show from October…

Thanks!