PlayStation VR

Nov 29

Nov 29

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for December 2017

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition headlines this month's free games lineup for PlayStation Plus members.

James Hallahan's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus

Hey PlayStation Plus members – we have an action-packed game selection for the PS Plus free games lineup in December. Let’s take a look.

Become Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, in Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition. The Deathinitive Edition includes all DLC, alongside updated graphics rendering and reworked game balancing. It is instantly playable and sure to make this a Deathcember to remember.

In Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends, face off alongside or against Po and other Kung Fu Panda characters in up-to four person battles in the iconic Kung Fu Panda universe. This is the perfect game to bring families together for some friendly rivalry during the holidays.

This month’s PlayStation Plus lineup also includes:

• Syberia Collection PS3
  • Xblaze Lost: Memories, PS3
  • Forma.8, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
  • Wanted Corp, PS Vita

As a reminder, we are giving PlayStation Plus members a bonus PlayStation VR game – Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. It’s available now through January 2 for PlayStation Plus members in U.S., Canada, and Latin America. This survival horror arcade shooter will be sure to give you a scare as you blast your way through hordes of enemies. Download it now (if you haven’t already) and buckle up for the most disturbing roller coaster ride you’ll ever take.

Monster Hunter: World is rapidly approaching its release, but you can get a taste of the hunt from December 9 to December 12 exclusively as a PlayStation Plus member. In this beta, you’ll be tasked with hunting a Great Jagras and an Anjanath in the Ancient Forest, as well as a Barroth in the Wildspire Waste. While these are your main quest targets, be on the lookout for other deadly monsters roaming each ecosystem.

Lastly, for a limited time, PlayStation Plus members can grab the Smite PlayStation Plus Pack for free! The bundle includes 31 Skins, 20 Gods and Voice Packs, plus the Khepri Announcer Pack. The bundle is available from December 12 to January 9.

And that’s it for the year. See you in 2018!

Add Your Own

CrusaderForever said:

November 29th, 10:54 am

Oh yeah, when will a new free PSVR game be announced?

mattblood221 said:

November 29th, 9:33 pm

Most likely in January sometime since it say It’s available now through January 2

Abel-113 said:

November 29th, 11:04 am

Una vez más Sony me deja decepcionado con estos juegos aburridos, ni olvidar que el pasado “Black Friday” no ofrecieron juegos que valgan la pena.

L337-D4D said:

November 29th, 11:06 am

I just picked up Siberia 3 but haven’t gotten to it yet. Will be glad to play 1 & 2 before starting the latest.

Darksiders 2? Kung Fu fast cash grab?
XBlaze, sure I will play that as I missed it due to just getting a PS4 back then.

So 2 out of 4 is cool, but I must get the dust out of the PS3 and hook it up first. Hopefully it still works, unlike the other two that died.
Isn’t PS3 at the end of its 10 year cycle? Didn’t Sony just sell 12 million PS4 over Black Friday? SO… Why torture 12 million new Sony PS4 owners with utter crap games to welcome them to PS Plus? Utter failure by Sony Entertainment! If you were to give 2 mind blowing games away for December, EVERY new PS4 owner would see Plus and say here is my $59.99 Sony I want that service. Sony, Fire your PS Plus game deciding team or have marketing actually communicate with them, as we learned from the Sony hack, they weren’t in the past and apparently still not doing so.

Also, fix the network issues on PS4 UI, it is utter garbage the past year.

Spi3000 said:

November 29th, 1:54 pm

Although I’ll say that I’m actually excited to get Darkstalkers II but not bothering redeeming Kung Fu Panda when the games go free, I will agree that this is slightly disappointing in comparison to the games we got between 5 months ago and 2 months ago which gave some pretty good games. I’m still having fun playing two of the games given during that time period which is Lost Cause 3 and Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain. And I have been considering going back to Infamous Second Son which was also released free during that time frame. And even though those AAA games were also released with Indie Games… honestly those Indie Games looked more appealing than Kung Fu Panda, enough that I did redeem those games despite not even playing them. But they’re still in my library. Hatoful Boyfriend is in my Library, I think a dating sim with birds is more worthy in my library than Kung Fu Panda.

funkydj73 said:

November 29th, 11:14 am

Sony are really scraping the barrel with this selection! Doesnt PR realise its Christmas and need to be showing off there flagship consoles and services. Wonder what Xbox has to offer?

magicmix13 said:

November 29th, 12:28 pm

Don’t worry, GWG lineup isn’t that great either.

Absalom9889 said:

November 29th, 11:36 am

I just bought the Darksiders Fury pack two weeks ago. Feelsbadman :(

vosonnier said:

December 1st, 8:07 am

Don’t worry I already owned Until dawn, Second Son, JC 3 and MGS V when they were free. I honestly preferred the lesser known offerings but what ya gonna do.

GoFastKinsey said:

November 29th, 11:56 am

5 year old geeks game, and a kids game..why thanks!….nooooooot

Dog S***

Red-5x said:

November 29th, 11:59 am

What a bad, bad, BAD selection of PS4 Games this month… Extremely disappointed.

chrisboyett13 said:

November 29th, 12:21 pm

Old game and a game i’ve never even heard of what a sad month. Only renewing plus for MHW demo.

Thillhouse said:

November 29th, 12:22 pm

Great month!

Seresska said:

November 29th, 12:24 pm

It’s Grinch fault :( Disappointed..

magicmix13 said:

November 29th, 12:24 pm

I’m going to pick up Syberia and Xblaze (yes, I still play games on PS3). Not really interested in the PS4 selections. I played Syberia 1 and 2 on PC. The gameplay can be tedious (to be expected from a point and click), but the story is really good. I’d suggest reading up a little about the series and protagonist (Kate Walker) before judging. I understand that a lot of people aren’t into point and click adventures or visual novels, but to each their own.

RyuuHou24 said:

November 29th, 12:51 pm

O.o

You were doing good earlier this year, Sony. You…have clearly lost your damned minds though. Don’t get me wrong, Darksiders 2 was a great game…but the Deathinitive Edition has a number of bugs that have never been fixed. So you’re willfully giving away a game that you know damned well has issues.

And then…Kung Fu Panda. Flat out garbage. Complete and utter garbage. Ugh.

Decent games on PS3 at least. But for December, yet again, terrible line up, especially for a holiday month -.- For shame Sony. For shame.

Otterpoet said:

November 29th, 1:06 pm

Been waiting to play DarkSiders 2, so that’s great news. KungFu Panda, though… really? Still, I’m interested in Forma.8. Definitely has a unique aesthetic to it.

BathoryBlaze said:

November 29th, 1:16 pm

Sony has been doing awesome with Plus games the last few months. Unfortunately for me it’s all been games I already owned. I loved Darksiders2.

nemoroy14 said:

November 29th, 1:16 pm

Wow another set of lame games! Awesome!!!!!!! I don’t know what to do with all the bad games!!!! I am being let down more and more by PlayStation. I pay this money to talk to people I guess.not worth it

nemoroy14 said:

November 29th, 1:19 pm

Merry Xmas!!!! U get crap for giving us all your money!!!!

THE-PLASTICA-MAN said:

November 29th, 1:26 pm

Just like last month you offered Broken Sword 5 for Vita instead of PS4 and now you offer Syberia for PS3 instead of Syberia 3 for PS4. Why do you offer games that most people won’t play due to the dead platforms instead of offering them for PS4? When are you going to support PS4 more with PS Plus? When PS5 is out?

Spi3000 said:

November 29th, 1:41 pm

Well even though it’s “Free” they can keep Kung Fu Panda. I’ll gladly take Darkstalkers though. I’ve at least heard good things about that series.

blink4182 said:

November 29th, 1:50 pm

Its done for me. My wife told me to take an xbox but i choose the ps4. My plus signature is almost over. Bye bye, i will move to microsoft because they respect their players. Not like you. C’mon u guys could give us at least salt and sanctuary this month, but preffer to give us this bunch of crap. Ridiculous. Hope u guys lose even more costumers. Ridiculous, pathetic, Unacceptable.

kentuckyfried said:

December 1st, 1:33 am

The only real worth for PS Plus is online MP access. It’s not really a value for anything else (maybe the online cloud save storage).

Anyhow, have fun with that massive library of exclusives over in the Microsoft camp…

blink4182 said:

November 29th, 1:54 pm

Wonder if you guys read this, totally unbelivable you guys dont listen to your costumers. Sad. I got ps1, ps2, ps3 and now ps4. Enough for me.

Vulcan-mx said:

November 29th, 2:00 pm

you have to be kidding playstation. . .

who the hell wants kung fu panda

PS PLUS definetly sucks

Harerazer said:

November 29th, 2:11 pm

Soooo…everyone pays $60 for a year and then they want a AAA $60 game for free PLUS at least 23 more PS4 games for free, never mind the PS3 and Vita games as well as numerous discounts. Do you guys have any knowledge of how business works? No one is in business to lose money. The PS+ games are chosen to respark interest in games that have fallen out of the spotlight or to give high profile (such as infamous, Assassin’s Creed, Uncharted) games to users that may have missed them during their heyday. The fact that we sometimes get 100% new games is enough to be thankful for but you still whine.
Just one question: how many days of the month do you go to work for free? Yeah, I thought so. I personally hope everyone that bluffs about not resubscribing actually does so, it would help weed you out of the gene pool.

Oggums said:

November 29th, 5:26 pm

“$60 a year”

“free”

Time to get your head checked.

vosonnier said:

December 1st, 8:09 am

The $60 a year fee is for the multiplayer service so yeah the games are free.

Spideron said:

November 29th, 2:18 pm

Oh, for f**ks sake, the rest of the world have said the PS3 and Vita is dead!!! Do the same and give us ONE good and two meh PS4 titles each month. My PS3 and Vita gather dust, I don’t even bother installing the monthly freebies anymore!!!

Oggums said:

November 29th, 5:37 pm

You should bother. They’re usually better than the PS4 selections.

countz3r0_42 said:

November 29th, 2:23 pm

Weak, I already have Darksiders 1 &2 PS4. Oh well. It’s not like I don’t have 12,000 other games to play.

Spideron said:

November 29th, 2:24 pm

These days I spend most my gaming money on the Switch, Nintendo seems to be the last HW-company that cares about the CUSTOMER…

dkarlowicz10 said:

November 29th, 3:42 pm

Is that why Switch games cost more money that Xbox/PS4? Nintendo doesn’t seem that concerned.

vosonnier said:

December 1st, 8:11 am

Nintendo doesn’t care about you trust me.

Crispy708 said:

November 29th, 2:34 pm

With the no external assets for skyrim and fallout, crossplay between ps4 and xbox one being shot down by them and the run of mediocre titles on ps plus most of which ive already played and the increase of subscription charges buying ps plus is kinda starting to feel more like funding a dictator

FlyGuy20_ said:

November 29th, 2:38 pm

Quick question, why is everyone so upset about Darksiders II? It surely can’t be because it’s a bad game (cause it’s really not)
Is it cause of the constant opportunities to get ahold of it at a low cost from sales?

tpres1975 said:

November 29th, 2:43 pm

Ha ha! Glad I got my PSPlus membership at a discount via a Black Friday sale. Just came back to PSPlus after a year off. This is what I come back to. Lord have mercy on my soul…

vosonnier said:

December 1st, 8:13 am

You picked a bad month to start. You recently missed Infamous Second Son, Just Cause 3 and MGS V.

x_PlaTtiNuM said:

November 29th, 2:44 pm

i guess we were naughty this year

TheAlMan1 said:

November 29th, 2:46 pm

Instead of giving these games that are not very popular, Sony should have a fan vote of pre-selected titles to let the Playstation Plus subscribers have a say.

mattblood221 said:

November 29th, 9:51 pm

I totally agree there let the fans pick but they will not do that

D-Squad3 said:

November 29th, 2:48 pm

Probably not even gonna bother with Darksiders 2 since it doesn’t even run at 60fps.

whereymyconary said:

November 29th, 3:30 pm

Sweet I’ve almost bought Syberia Collection PS3 so that’s a win for me.

Darksider 2 Ive always heard good things just never got it.

RushStorm1 said:

November 29th, 4:55 pm

I’m looking forward to Darksiders II!

Spankadoodle said:

November 29th, 5:24 pm

A 2 year old re-mastered port, of a 5 year old cash grab, tie in game? This is a new low. If you want to go that deep back to launch titles, Angry Birds Star Wars was a day one launch title. It would have actually been relevant with the new movie coming out.

berdiche said:

November 29th, 5:25 pm

I’m excited about the full experience of Darksiders II and Syberia. My wife may enjoy Kung Fu Panda as well. Thanks Sony!

Myrddin-MacLeod said:

November 29th, 5:41 pm

Wow. Wow. Wow. A remaster that was only released a few months back that I bought (luckily both for less the price than one), but still. I feel cheated. BUT more so as Syberia 1 and 2 were recently on sale, and I bought them, but they loopholed it with giving away the collection, which is actually £1 dearer than buying separately. And then the rest of this crap!? Really? Well thank you PlayStation for this wonderful Christmas gift bundle, so here’s some delightful sarcasm in return!

Benstamania said:

November 29th, 5:47 pm

You guys moaning and groaning about free games must hae forgotten that there’s tons of other games out right now to play.

Destiny, COD, South Park, Wolfenstien, Shadow of War, Assassins Creed, Horizon DLC, Skyrim VR, Lego Marvel 2, Hitman GOTY, etc.

If you find none of those games appealing or somehow managed to do nothing but play games and plowed through them all.. And your only hope of entertainment is what may be free on PS Plus.. Well.. I’m feel bad for you.

Akmaljon said:

November 29th, 11:17 pm

Skyrim vr still feels Rip off. $40 might have bought it. But full price. Come on!

stmpdvas said:

November 29th, 5:57 pm

Been a loyaltist since I played ps1 been have grown to loath the garbage that’s been released….the free games are usually pretty bad in my opinion….the last one I thoroughly enjoyed was guacamelee….I’ve recently stopped my auto renew for my plus account and gonna let it run out…time to move back to Nintendo cause the games on that are straight fire

Sachin_3 said:

November 29th, 6:29 pm

I was excited when some random website said The Division and some other game

R_aVe_N said:

November 29th, 6:44 pm

Not a very good line up for December really thought I would be a lot better.

Rosenberg_Bello said:

November 29th, 6:47 pm

It’s my birthday today and playstation did give me anything, but nintendo did. Nintendo gave me a discount on mario superstars and the cyber deal reduced that 40$ game to $19.59. I was disappointed at sony for not giving me anything…but then I saw this and I was shocked…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….I can finally play Kung Fu Panda on my PS4. WOOOOOOOOO!!! SKA-DOCHE! but nothing beats that broke videogame history ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….KNACK 2 BABYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

dexter197300 said:

November 29th, 7:25 pm

Not happy with this month free games, I pay for the membership and I get lousy games, and please stop giving more free games

PS3 ,

dexter197300 said:

November 29th, 7:29 pm

I have the right to complain .im not being nasty ,

vosonnier said:

December 1st, 8:14 am

You’re right you do have the right to complain, and people have the right to tell you to stop complaining.

On_Target_42 said:

November 29th, 8:20 pm

Wow, this is the worst PS Plus lineup since… last month’s.

Really, not one but TWO licensed games? Wanted (which I’ve always heard was incredibly terrible) and some Kung Fu Panda arena battler? I’m not expecting a free copy of Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted 4, but yeesh, throw me a frickin’ bone.

…also, some of these comments are just sad. Do you people really play games just to say you got all the trophies?

lakers_girl_09 said:

November 29th, 8:35 pm

So once we purchase the Smite PlayStation Plus Pack we can use it as long as we remain plus subscribers correct? Or can we only use it from December 12 to January 9?

Akmaljon said:

November 29th, 11:13 pm

Your account will have it, but you still need ps+ to play smite, don’t you?

lakers_girl_09 said:

December 5th, 10:05 am

Thank you. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a trial of it or something like that.

xploreraj_us said:

November 29th, 8:56 pm

Very bad choice. Its like giving pennies to beggars. Even they get better.

BlackBriar37 said:

November 29th, 9:50 pm

Sony says, “Haha, f your Christmas. You want our games? You’re gonna have to pay through the nose at the Christmas sale to get them” I’m pretty bummed that I bought the 12 month membership, as it appears to have been a waste so far, minus the fact that I get to play online…That’s the only half decent thing. (Should have been free to begin with) I didn’t think last months free games could get any worse. Welp, PlayStation just wanted to show us what kind of terrible games you have the ability to play on their consoles! I’m really disappointed in this companies commitment to its customers. They don’t care about them.

vosonnier said:

December 1st, 8:15 am

Darksiders 2 is a really good game you should give it a try. I think people got spoiled expecting a game like MGS V and Just Cause 3 every month.

xXBeberXx_US said:

November 29th, 10:33 pm

This is a disgrace.
As a PS4 owner, I get a remaster of a 5 year-old game and a Smash Bros. clone (which also came out on last gen consoles) that holds a 68% score on Metacritic?
The only “redeeming” and “new” one here is Forma.8, which looks to be a solid metroidvania.

Anyways, a truly pathetic list. I’m really having second thoughts on renewing my subscription.

kenj77 said:

November 29th, 10:34 pm

I’m curious as to whether they will be announcing anything else for psplus at psx due to the weak announced PS4 games for December. I agree Darksiders 2 is lame as there have been so many times it has gone on sale for cheap most people who might have wanted it has already has it

ChildrenOfBodom2 said:

November 29th, 11:32 pm

I just thought that since Christmas was coming up they would show out, but I guess not. I can’t wait to get a PC and not have to pay for a service that I don’t want in the first place