God of War

Dec 05

Dec 05

Oblivion, Dishonored & More Join the PlayStation Now Lineup

Sign up for a free trial and settle in for hours of holiday gameplay with PlayStation's game-streaming service.

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Manager, PlayStation Now

We’ve got more magical goodness from Bethesda, with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Dishonored headlining this month’s new content drop for PS Now and pushing the library ever closer to 600 total games available. We’re also bringing back the $9.99 intro offer and 12-month subscription for a limited time, just in time for the holidays. Get your first month for $9.99 (new subscribers only, available in US only) or lock in another 12 months of PS Now for just $99.99. Both offers are available until the end of January.

New This Month

Before there was Skyrim, there was Oblivion. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion drops players into Tamriel’s Cyrodill province, where the fanatical Mythic Dawn cult are opening portals to the demonic realm of Oblivion. With open-world exploration, fully voiced NPCs, and a vast world to explore, this PS3 first-person RPG is a must-play.

For a different kind of immersive adventure, dive into the plague-ridden industrial city of Dunwall in Dishonored. You play as a bodyguard to the Empress of the Isles who is framed for her murder and must get revenge on those conspiring against you. Using supernatural abilities, face your enemies head-on with weapons drawn, or pursue them from the shadows with a more stealthy approach. The outcome of each mission plays out based on the choices you make. Dishonored also features a star-studded cast of VO talent.

Brink is a unique FPS set on The Ark, a floating city and once-great utopia. Parkour moves help keep the action fast and smooth. In WET, play as Rubi Malone, a skilled assassin who solves problems with firearms, swords, and crazy acrobatics.

Also from Bethesda are Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Rage, which joined the PS Now library in September.

This month we’ve also got more RPGs, RTS games, puzzle games and more. Here are all the new games available to stream on PS4 and Windows PC starting December 5.

New PS3 Games

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Dishonored
  • Brink
  • Wet
  • Rogue Warrior
  • High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition
  • New PS4 Games

• Active Soccer 2 DX
  • Arcania Complete Tale (upgrade from PS3 ver)
  • Battle Worlds: Kronos
  • Bound by Flame (upgrade from PS3 ver)
  • Brick Breaker

• Mafia II
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • The Last of Us
  • Sonic Generations
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
  • Dead Island: Definitive Edition
  • The holidays are almost here, which means lots of free time to curl up in front of the TV for some long gaming sessions. With nearly 600 games in the service, PlayStation Now lets you play to your heart’s content. If you haven’t given PS Now a try yet, the seven-day free trial for PlayStation 4 and Windows PC is the perfect way to experience the streaming service for yourself. PS Now provides unlimited on-demand access to a growing library of nearly 600 PS4 and PS3 games, with new games added every month, and no game downloads required. PS4 save data in PS Now is even compatible with PS Plus cloud saves, so you can upload/download save files to/from your own console.

The introductory offer of $9.99 for the first month (new subscribers only, available in US only) and the 12 month subscription for just $99.99 are both available for a limited time until February, so act fast. Note that in order to take advantage of the $9.99 intro offer, you will need to purchase that directly, as the 7-day trial will transition into the standard monthly subscription.

Add Your Own

gohan16ken said:

December 5th, 8:46 am

Based on my count, Oblivion is now the third PS3 game that is on PS Now but not available to purchase on PS3 PS Store. Why is that? How can a PS3 game be on PS Now but not on the PS Store? This includes God of War 3!

gohan16ken said:

December 5th, 8:55 am

Wait it is more than 3…I did not know the Fallout games are on PS Now. So here is a list of PS3 games on the PS Now but not available to purchase on the PS3 PS Store.

God of War 3
      Fallout 3
      Fallout New Vegas
      The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion
      BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
      BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
      Heavy Rain

I want to buy these games digitally for my PS3! There are other games like the Dirt and F1 games but I don’t care about those.

JoeUFC said:

December 5th, 1:00 pm

Because it has nothing to do with that unfortunately, the game was released at a time when it wasn’t common for every game to also be released digitally.

gohan16ken said:

December 5th, 1:39 pm

@JoeUFC, when Microsoft makes an OG Xbox or a Xbox 360 game playable on Xbox One, I can play it on my Xbox 360. From what I understand, PS Now is using custom PS3. Therefore, if they have the PS3 game code to work on PS Now, then they should have it available to put on the PS3 PS Store so I can purchase it.

Also, Burnout Paradise was released Jan 2008 and placed on the PS3 PS Store on Sept 2008. God of War 3 came out March 2010. Per your reply, what stopped GoW3 from being available digitally?

I believe the issue is that someone just needs to put the game on the PS Store. And I think the reason they are not doing it is to increase the value of PS Now.

JoeUFC said:

December 5th, 3:59 pm

I never said they couldn’t be, I just said it was not required for games at that point to always be available digitally as well… Even Skyrim was not available digitally on ps3 when it first came out, and I think it still isn’t… I don’t disagree at all, I just wonder if they’re going to think it’s really not worth it for how old the game is now, honestly.

MakaiOokami said:

December 5th, 10:50 pm

Eh it’s a bit more complicated than you’re letting it on to be. They are likely emulating the disc being inside using a partition, and having the game installed on another part of the console. See the thing is, games cache portions of the game to the hard drive, and the rest of the data is pulled off the disc itself.

It’s not like the 360 (which had lower capacity but faster read speeds on single layer games but slower linear reading speeds) where you could just install the WHOLE game to a hard drive, because mandatory installs were rare. So I don’t know how easy it would be to put that software out in the wild, on PS3s and even if they could, there’s licensing issues.

gohan16ken said:

December 6th, 4:13 am

I am not an engineer so I do not know how PS Now works. And I understand the PS3 had a complicated digital offering especially when compare to the X360. A few years ago, I spoke with Capcom who told me how complicated it was to make Games on Demand on the PS3 compare to the X360. And I know that PS3 Day 1 digital program didn’t start until 2012. I get all of that.

All I am saying is, if they can bring these games to PS Now, then you should be able to bring it digitally to the PS3. With all due respect, I think a lot of people make excuses for Sony saying things are hard or impossible. When at the end of the day, I believe it is about money. From Sony’s POV, why bring it to the PS3 when it will increase the value of PS Now by not doing it?

It is about money. That is not a crime nor wrong. So, let’s stop making excuses for Sony and admit it.

JoeUFC said:

December 6th, 5:12 am

They did spend hundreds of millions on this streaming service so of course money has to do with it, but the problem with the ancient “it’s all about money” argument is that you can’t put it all on Sony, back then it was too too Bethesda to put the game in the store and it probably still is.. And if they were so money hungry, that would contradict the fact that the vast majority of the games on PS Now ARE available to buy digitally and they even have games on the like The Last Of Us that they would probably rather you pay for fully…

I mean how money hungry can they be with the limited amount of people who are still downloading PS3 games regularly? And is there really that much money to be made on old cheap games? That are still available for purchase on disc?

GrafUlrich88 said:

December 5th, 8:49 am

Hello Brian,

It’s great to see this service getting better and better. I will look at getting a year subscription again in January.

I wanted to ask if you could upgrade the Elders Scroll Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Dishonored to the complete editions with all the DLC. That would be huge.

Also any chance we can get Virtua Tennis 4 or Top Spin 3 added as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!!

Rob aka Graf

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 5th, 3:25 pm

Hi GrafUlrich88,

Thanks for your support! I’m sure you’ll like what we have in store for January too.

JoeUFC said:

December 5th, 3:56 pm

I just tried a month of the service for this, it says GOTY edition!!

msaad1994 said:

December 5th, 10:00 am

It would be able to download the game, like the Xbox Game Pass. We should have the choice between download and streaming. Please, make it happen Playstation!

xDD90x said:

December 5th, 10:19 am

This.

There’s no reason why PS4 users should be forced to stream PS4 games with degraded visuals and increased input lag. It certainly wouldn’t be that difficult to implement a download option for PS4 titles. In fact, it will probably attract more subscribers to the service. Look at how well Game Pass is being received by its users.

drd7of14 said:

December 5th, 2:06 pm

If you don’t understand why the PS4 cannot natively play PS3 titles…Then you are not worth the conversation. Look up why that’s an issue, and try replying to your own post.

If it’s only referring to PS4 titles…Then maybe you’d have a point, but PS3 titles will NEVER be natively emulated on the PS4.

Zeev86s said:

December 5th, 10:08 am

You took an amazing technology (gaikai) and then restrict it for only small amount of regions, leaving all the rest behind.
    I am from Middle East and I was so enjoying the gaikai service till Sony bought it and named it “PS Now”.
    Shame on you.

xDD90x said:

December 5th, 10:12 am

Would love to play my huge PS3 library on PS4 with a Dualshock 4, but I just can’t bring myself to pay for that luxury when I could simply play them on my PS3 with better visuals and less input lag. Although due to the massive size of my new PS4 Pro, my entertainment center has never been more crowded, so I really wish I could eliminate the PS3. Also, my main concern is how I’ll play them once my PS3 dies (I’m on my 2nd already).

It would be great if Sony would make it so that we could access the PS3 titles that we already own via PS Now on PS4 free of charge, or at least for PS plus subscribers as a means of backward compatibility. I would probably put up with the degraded visuals and increased input lag if that was the case. This would get more people using the service who otherwise may never would have, which could potentially lead to them renting the games they don’t own. Just an idea..

drd7of14 said:

December 5th, 2:04 pm

You aren’t paying to rebuy titles…You are paying to stream them. Netflix doesn’t work that way with discs you bought from them, you still have to pay a subscription to access said titles.

They don’t give you unlimited free streaming for any physical/digital title you purchase as a download, cause they still have to pay to stream it over the internet.

ZanFear said:

December 6th, 6:15 pm

drd Is the smartest one here.

Tatanka2007 said:

December 5th, 12:13 pm

Is the ongoing weekly joke of a sales meant to encourage PS Now subs? I will never be interested in a streaming service that DOWNGRADES the original at a premium price. The subscription is not worth the price for such a service. At least Xbox Game Pass gives you the full original game that hasn’t been downgraded to support streaming. For the standard service that PS NOW is, subs should be part of your PS + membership.

Don’t gouge your consumers for two subscriptions, especially since Xbox has a slew of BC (not really BC so much as cross-compatible) titles that don’t cost a cent if you already have the retail or digital.

Anyway, the lack of sales and weak, overpriced format for PS Now just means the titles I am buying are mostly retail. And often at a way better price too!

drd7of14 said:

December 5th, 1:57 pm

Streaming vs. downloading is not the same thing.

Not to mention the catalog (Quantity, if not quality as well[debatable, of course]) of PSNOW vs. Xbox Games Pass is too, not comparable.

What I would suggest for PS PLUS members is a daily limit of PSNOW use. Maybe something like 1-2 hours a day or something like that with limited access to the PSNOW library of games.

That way there is still incentive to become a PSNOW subscriber, but it increases the value of PS PLUS as well.

For people that subscribe to both (I’d say only for annual subscribers), they could get some sort of discount/bonus…Like one 20% voucher code off of one PSN Cart purchase…Something like that.

But there is no way that the value of PSNOW + 6 games a month + online/PSN costs is equal to $60/yr…That’s just silly.

drd7of14 said:

December 5th, 2:03 pm

Also…sidenote to your supposed PSN sales issues…

Were you not paying attention during the entire Black Friday week? There were several titles, some not even a month old, marked down from 50-75% off. Titles like Wolfenstein 2, The Evil Within 2, Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy, Bioshock Collection, Dishonored 2 (And new DLC), Prey, Assassin’s Creed: Origins, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Nier: Automata, Persona 5, Sports games, COD/Battlefield…etc

What exactly were you looking for?, cause there were nearly 500 titles on sale that entire week. Taxless on top of that, not to mention the potential to use the 20% off coupon 1 cart purchase from the Day 1 Digital Sale back in October.

If you’re going to say something, at least say what you precisely mean, cause there were sales. Just maybe not the sales you wanted.

JoeUFC said:

December 5th, 1:07 pm

Did they remove the option to rent an individual game a la carte? That’s disappointing to see if that’s the case, sometimes when you just want to try a short game $20 is a bit much.

drd7of14 said:

December 5th, 1:52 pm

That hasn’t been around for over a year. It’s been subscription only for some time.

drd7of14 said:

December 5th, 1:52 pm

Sweeeeeeeet! These are great additions. Never got around to finishing Oblivion. What I would love to see from PlayStation Now are weird never released/supported titles though.

The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind for instance would be an interesting addition, even if it didn’t support trophies.

More fervently, I’d love to start seeing some PSP/PSV titles on PlayStation Now. Plenty of great gems that wouldn’t lose too much degradation in quality, since their native resolutions are already so low.

It also gives a great opportunity for users whom never bought into the portable market to play said games and rope in new subscribers. PSX announcement anyone? :P

Yeah, I know it’s too late for that this close to Friday, but something along this line would be a nice addition to the Classic backlog of PlayStation history (and Beyond!!!) for PSNOW.

(And of course PS1/PS2 games as well! ^_^)

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 5th, 3:30 pm

Thanks for your support, drd7of14! No news for PSX but I hope you can make it out to the show regardless!

DARKPEGASO10 said:

December 5th, 4:36 pm

WE need PS NOW in Mexico pls we have good internet now

tesfan93 said:

December 5th, 10:53 pm

Hey Brian,

Been loving the PS Now service so far. One question, it says that Oblivion is the GOTY edition but I can’t seem to access the DLC. Is this a typo in the game title? That would be a huge bummer since Shivering Isles is my favorite part of Oblivion.

robbo_88uk said:

December 6th, 4:00 am

Will the UK be getting oblivion?

ZanFear said:

December 6th, 6:19 pm

“… and no game downloads required.” HAHAHA Ok look, I love you Sony, but I always find it hilarious when rival companies make jabs like this at each other. There are pros and cons to not having to download games, but I’d rather play games with the most stability as possible.

goldengaia1 said:

December 7th, 11:48 am

Can someone tell me why Oblivion isn’t on the Playstation now Catalogue? I spent many hours on it. Could it be that they’re adding the rest of the DLC?

pikachuboss14 said:

December 7th, 11:59 am

Im Having The Same Problem I Had Just Played It I Wanted To Get Back On And It Was Gone

tephlon88 said:

December 7th, 12:25 pm

I LITERALLY GOT IT BEFORE WORK AND AS SOON AS I GET HOME AND TRY TO PLAY ITS SAYING ITS NOT AVAILABLE AND I RENEWED MY SUBSCRIPTION JUST FOR OBIVION, I AM SO UPSET MAN I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING IT ALL DAY AFTER WORKING CONSTRUCTION AND NOW IM SUPER STRESSED MORE THEN I WAS ALREADY.

tephlon88 said:

December 7th, 4:47 pm

i checked back and oblivion is now playable, thanks i thought it was taken off of ps now, an update or information would be apreciated next time something like this happens

Jamesinct said:

December 7th, 12:03 pm

I want to play oblivion 13th has been removed from PLaystation Now. what’s the deal with that?

goldengaia1 said:

December 7th, 4:22 pm

Aaaand Oblivion is back! I don’t know what you guys did, but thank you for putting it back! Love PS NOW!!

tephlon88 said:

December 7th, 12:21 pm

DUDE I JUST GOT RENEWED MY PS NOW SUBSCRIPTION JUST FOR OBLIVION I HAVE IT ON MY PLAYSTATION START UP MENU AND I GET HOME FROM WORK AND ITS SAYING ITS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, ARE YOU KIDDING ME DUDE, NEW VEGAS AND FALLOUT 3 ARE STILL THERE BUT NOT OBLIVION, WHEN I CLICK IT TO PLAY IT JUST SAYS THIS GAME IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT ALL DAY JUST TO BE **** ON. WTH SONY YOUR MESSING UP BRING BACK OBLIVION.

coffeerox said:

December 8th, 2:21 am

Can you guys stop shoveling crap onto the PS4 section? I’m a PC user and I’m waiting to see some significant PS4 content before I commit to a subscription. Also if you guys could implement an emulated touchpad (since most PC users have 360 controllers) that’d be great.

goldengaia1 said:

December 8th, 5:13 pm

Say, would it be okay if we could get the Full version of Oblivion? There’s no DLC except for the Pilgrimage. And not just the Shivering Isles, the other DLC Aswell. Heck, i’ll take that Terrible DLC with the Horse Armour!

B1GG1N said:

December 9th, 5:07 am

I just got to wondering what was new for PlayStation Now this month, and wow, another excellent month of additions.