God of War

Dec 08

Dec 08

Experience The Last Guardian VR Demo on PlayStation VR

Download for free at PS Store starting December 12.

Yasutaka Asakura's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, JAPAN Studio

From the first moments we were introduced to Trico many years ago, there was a special connection between that mysterious creature and its beholder. After we reannounced The Last Guardian at E3 2015, we explored the idea of a Trico fans could interact with. What became the Trico projection wall was something that many of you might have seen at a subsequent PlayStation Experience show.

Still, even after the launch of the game, we wondered about ways to bring across the special bond between Trico and the boy in even more engaging ways. The launch of PlayStation VR offered a tantalizing means to do exactly that.

We are proud to announce The Last Guardian VR Demo, a special virtual reality experience VR set in the unforgettable world of The Last Guardian: one filled with haunting ruins and breathtaking scale. Users will play from the perspective of the boy as he interacts with Trico.

The Last Guardian VR Demo is a short experience, and it is standalone; there are no larger versions of this project planned. But it is an amazing testament to the power of PS VR to immerse, and the breathtaking scale and character of the world of The Last Guardian. Also, it works with a DualShock 4 and does not require that you own copy of The Last Guardian on PS4. You will, though, need PS VR and the PlayStation camera to experience the demo.

The Last Guardian VR Demo image 6

The Last Guardian VR Demo image 3The Last Guardian VR Demo image 7

The Last Guardian VR Demo will be available for free via PlayStation Store on 12/12. We hope you will step into this magical world and behold the wonder of staring up into Trico’s beautiful eyes, of calling out to it, and of the thrill of riding upon its back.

Add Your Own

four24twenty said:

December 8th, 9:04 pm

Thank you!

paulogy said:

December 8th, 10:35 pm

Any excuse to revisit this world, no matter how small, is a welcome one. What a pleasant surprise!

syu1369 said:

December 9th, 12:20 am

oh…I buy PSVR and think that it was really good…!

White_JackaL said:

December 9th, 2:51 pm

awsome

HugoStiglitz_420 said:

December 11th, 5:24 pm

I am so happy that you guys have done this. It means a lot. The SoTC avatars were really a nice gesture too but this is next level fan service. I also just got ps vr only 3 weeks ago, and just replayed the last guardian for the 6th time last week in honor of it’s 1 year anniversary too so I could not be happier.

I seriously can not wait to see trico in VR. Honestly he feels like a family member to me. That game means so much to me and it’s the best example of the power of video games as a way to tell a story.

Thank you so much Sony. And especially thanks to Mr Ueda who has produced my favorite game ever in the last guardian, and 4th fav in SoTC. The man is a genius and I will never ever forget his work. Ico too.

Ecnaiva said:

December 16th, 9:04 pm

You’ve probably already played it by now…
    It was downright *magical* to see Trico in front of you, wasn’t it? It was for me!

Haraigoshi_ said:

December 12th, 11:04 am

I just played the demo and I found it one of the best VR experiences I have ever had. Really amazing. Thank you so much. The atmosphere, the overwhelming feeling of scale, the environment, and the interaction with Trico are really impressive. Thank you so much. Leaves me longing for much more!!

Insomniac1206 said:

December 13th, 11:02 pm

Amazing demo! The graphics are very impressive. I hope you share your secret with other VR developers.

Ecnaiva said:

December 16th, 9:02 pm

That was the *best* VR experience I’ve ever had. Unfortunately, it was also one of the shortest. Look how successful Skyrim VR is. If Team Ico doesn’t release a VR version of The Last Guardian, then they are complete idiots!

GrandPachoZ said:

December 18th, 4:51 pm

So if you have the game (really very good, I liked it), do you need buy other one for the VR?

Logan22 said:

December 19th, 6:11 pm

Please remake the entire game in VR, resell it like Skyrim. It will be a real shame if this is the extent of what we’ll ever get. It makes you imagine the entire experience being elevated to insane heights, what a tease. I have faith that they must realize the potential in redoing the whole game.

Dokiwaku said:

December 21st, 5:54 pm

This demo is awesome! I can’t say I’ve experienced joy like this in a game before, or in such a long time! Just delightful to see in true first person!