God of War

Dec 08

Dec 08

Soul Calibur VI Arrives on PS4 in 2018

Welcome back to The Stage of History!

Dalton Link's Avatar Posted by Social Media & Community Manager, Bandai Namco Entertainment America

Welcome back to The Stage of History! We’re extremely excited to announce that Soul Calibur VI arrives on PlayStation 4 in 2018 and marks the triumphant return of the premier 3D weapons-based fighting game series.

The epic battle rages on as the greatest warriors continue their search for the legendary Soul Swords. Set in the 16th Century, the latest chapter will revisit events from the original Soul Calibur to uncover hidden secrets. Each player will soon come to realize that, “History hides away more than one truth…”

Soul Calibur VI

Powered by Unreal Engine 4, Soul Calibur VI will feature jaw-dropping graphics and visual effects. Classic characters like Mitsurugi and Sophitia are rendered at a level never before seen in the series. The highly detailed weapon effects and stages makes each 1 vs 1 battle feel dynamic and immersive.

Soul Calibur VI

The fast and kinetic gameplay of Soul Calibur returns alongside new strategic battle mechanics like, Reversal Edge. This technique gives the player an opportunity to read an opponents’ attack and land a powerful counter. Fans of the series will also enjoy the return of fluid 8-Way Run movement and the unforgettable Ring Outs.

Soul Calibur VI

Players can expect a diverse roster of warriors including fan-favorites and some fierce newcomers. Each character will have their own signature weapon, fighting style, and identity. Stay tuned as we’ll have more updates on characters soon!

Add Your Own

Steam07 said:

December 8th, 6:17 am

THE SOUL STILL BURNS

J212Eazii said:

December 8th, 6:24 am

Talim and Taki please

Janusthe1337 said:

December 8th, 6:32 am

Please actually be Soul Calibur and not Street Calibur. Get rid of the ultra bar and go back to what made Soul Calibur great to begin with. If I want super meters, Ill play Street Fighter, but it has no place in Soul Cal. Also, Cervantes please.

AlbieG- said:

December 8th, 6:38 am

I hope they borrow the slow-motion and possibly Rage moves from Tekken. If the trailer is any indicator I think we are getting just that. It adds to the hype like crazy and it will definitely benefit the game in the long run. Man I can’t wait to play my soul is burning like crazy!

ALSO BRING BACK YOSHIMITSU!

Starscream262PS said:

December 14th, 10:13 pm

I guess I’m not the only one who referred to SCV as Street Calibur (or Super Street Calibur). I don’t want rage moves either. No “super” moves belong in Soul Calibur. At least with 4’s Critical Finish it rarely ever happened.

cusman said:

December 8th, 6:43 am

I remember enjoying Soul Caliber some years back. The one that included guest characters specific to the platform. That was a great game. I’ll be looking forward to this new one.

Mizunodragon said:

December 8th, 12:24 pm

Alloy from Horizon would be an awesome exclusive guest .

gohan16ken said:

December 8th, 6:47 am

All I want is Tekken X Street Fighter

HAM_Solo_513 said:

December 8th, 6:59 am

Bring back Amy!!!!!!

YorlecmNwahs said:

December 8th, 7:12 am

I can’t wait to see what 4 characters we’ll be getting at launch. I’m hoping there will be at least a story mode on day one.

cinnamonpirate said:

December 8th, 7:20 am

I hope this uses the simplified control scheme found in Soulcalibur: Lost Swords. I appreciated the changes enough that I bought into the microtransactions despite it being a single-player game.

BlueBl1zzard said:

December 8th, 7:36 am

Whaaaaaaaat? Did not see this coming! Color me super interested!

personausermike said:

December 8th, 7:39 am

Is Talim or her move set back in this one?
Is the song Confrontation back in this one?
Is individual character endings back in this one?

DongreX said:

December 8th, 7:55 am

I enjoyed SCIV. Now that it’s coming back, I want Ivy!

SilverWolf1268 said:

December 8th, 8:30 am

Please chronicles of the sword please chronicles of the sword please chronicles of the sword please chronicles of the sword please chronicles of the sword please chronicles of the sword please chronicles of the sword.

My favorite fighting game single player ever, it was so much fun to build an army of CAC fighters mixed with lite rpg stats and leveling.

AxtonJ said:

December 9th, 9:51 am

I’ve been playing Soul Calibur since the first one came out, and Chronicles of the Sword has always stuck with me as the best thing they’ve ever done. Boy, was I addicted to that!

AriesWarlock said:

December 8th, 8:36 am

Great news!!

@Dalton Link please bring back Renee Hewitt as Ivy’s voice actress, she was the best Ivy – there a roughness and maliciousness in her voice . Lani Minella, on the other hand, already sounds tired. Please!!

KazeEternal said:

December 8th, 8:59 am

Super excited, but please actually finish the game this time. Soul Calibur 5 was such a mess.

OMaR_Fuzzy said:

December 8th, 9:16 am

Hopefully they don’t hold back on Ivy lol

InphiniteWun said:

December 8th, 10:26 am

Meh.

Trendy_Kid said:

December 8th, 10:26 am

I would love to see Yun-seong in this game. I was ranked nationally with him at one point.

ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

December 8th, 10:37 am

I want bikinis. That is all. Thank you.

ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

December 8th, 10:41 am

Oh forgot to mention…I will not buy this game till I get my PS4 Pro seeing how Tekken 7 only looks great on a Pro and sucks on the original PS4. Please dont release non-1080 games please like Tekken 7.

Welmosca said:

December 8th, 11:08 am

You’re drunk.Better get your eyes checked.

xBlackBloodx said:

December 8th, 10:55 am

Necrid?

imagenthis said:

December 8th, 11:07 am

I am so hyped for this game me and all my friends. PLS PLS PLS let Talim be in this one that’s all I ask.

Welmosca said:

December 8th, 11:10 am

Damn this was really unexpected…I just hope you guys learned the lesson after the fiasco that was SC5.You better have Taki on this.

TheAngryOtter said:

December 8th, 11:23 am

I really hope they learned from V and actually finished this one. That one was unacceptable.

JoeMaldo said:

December 8th, 11:52 am

I’ve been waiting for SC6 to come out, I’ve gotten a few more gray hairs…! I’m sure its gonna be a spectacular and epic installment to the series…!

Cant wait!!!

JesseKirino said:

December 8th, 11:55 am

Though I don’t have a PS right now(I will soon), I specifically made an account just to scream: “BRING BACK CHRONICLES OF THE SWORD!!!!”

ReijiRienhardt said:

December 8th, 11:55 am

Can I please just have a normal Kilik back….

MarkakaJin said:

December 8th, 12:17 pm

Soul Calibur VI! Let’s go!!!

Mizunodragon said:

December 8th, 12:26 pm

Soulcalibur used to be one of my favorite fighting games, though I never played it well. SC5 got me disappointed , tho the guest char was genial. You guys could bring Ezio back and add Alloy.

And Nathan Drake for TEKKEN 7.

faraway25 said:

December 8th, 12:48 pm

Will it be a beautiful fantasy world with tons of lore and great artwork like on the dreamcast or will it just be a titty fest like the previous ones.

One I’m interested in and one I’m not.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

December 8th, 1:15 pm

PLEASE make the character creation like Soul Calibur 3 with unique fighting styles instead of just copying an existing character’s moveset. Hated that about SC4 and 5. And bring back Zasalamel. He shouldn’t have been gone from 5.

deejaymoogz said:

December 8th, 3:05 pm

Can’t wait to see and hear more of one of my favorite fighter games!

WaterDragon77 said:

December 8th, 3:23 pm

Man, this feels good to see Soul Calibur return after how V and Lost Swords left a rather disappointing taste in my mouth… Especially Lost Swords.

I can’t wait for more information on this game and I thank you guys at Namco for making the game… gives me something else to look forward to in 2018!

JesseKirino said:

December 8th, 8:39 pm

What you have to do to make it good is simple. Go back to Soulcalibur 3 and start from there.

Hazard_89 said:

December 9th, 10:38 am

It is about damn time! Although I didn’t expect to go backwards, I’m still happy to see a new Soul Calibur coming out. My biggest question though is is create-a-soul still gonna be around? That and Chronicles of the Sword have always been my favorite aspects of these games, and I’m played the series since SCII. Speaking of II, Weapon Master was pretty good too, but nothing in the series has beat Chronicles for me personally. Other than customs, but that’s part of what Chronicles was about. Look forward to more news on SCVI.

TCVGYT said:

December 11th, 12:51 pm

The Soul still burns.

One thing I hope is going to be introduced is being able to use the style of guest characters* for custom characters made in Charater Creation (*= if there are going to be guest characters in SC VI).

I personally felt that past games have missed a trick. Especially SC IV, where Darth Vader, Yoda and The Apprentice were the guests. There was no lightsaber option for custom characters, meaning any custom Star Wars characters made had to have Mitsurugi’s for their weapon.

That aside, I may more than likely preorder this when all information has been released