PlayStation VR

Dec 09

Dec 09

PlayStation Experience 2017: More Announcements and Updates

Read on for a rundown on even more updates and new game announcements from PSX.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Patapon 2 Remastered
SIE Japan Studio
Patapon 2 Remastered
Patapon 2 Remastered – the beloved second entry in the Patapon series – is marching its way to PS4s everywhere in 2018 in resolutions up to 4K*! Separated from their Zigaton compatriots, the Patapon tribe arrives on a strange new island, fighting through mysterious new enemies and creatures as they search for Earthend! With a whole slew of new features, including 8 drum rhythms, new Patapon types and evolutions, brand new mini-games and the ability to create your own Patapon Hero, Patapon 2 Remastered is sure to keep you bobbing to the beat for hours on end.

*PS4 Pro and 4K display device required to view in 4K.

Shooty Fruity
nDreams & Nearlight
Shooty Fruity, a manic mash-up of immersive job simulation and gunplay, is coming to PlayStation VR on December 19. Scan, serve & pack produce whilst shooting guns to defend your store from a mutant fruit uprising. Pre-order or purchase early for exclusive juicy content!
20XX
Batterystaple Games and Fire Hose Games
We’re excited to announce the hit indie roguelike platformer 20XX is coming to PS4 in early 2018! Jump and shoot your way through ever-changing levels, collect awesome new powers, and battle mighty bosses in the name of saving the human race maybe! Full co-op means you can play with a friend on the couch or online.
Children of Morta
Dead Mage Inc.
Become a member of the Bergson family as you hack and slash your way through hordes of enemies in this procedurally generated, narrative driven roguelike either alone or cooperatively. Experience not only what it means to be a hero, but to be part of a family. Available in 2018.
Fantasy Strike
Sirlin Games
Argagarg the Water Shaman joins the diverse cast of Fantasy Strike at PSX, alongside a gambling panda, a wise master who transforms into a massive dragon, a quirky painter girl and others in this vibrant and colorful fighting game designed by ex-Street Fighter dev David Sirlin.
Flipping Death
Zoink Games
Flipping Death
Welcome to Flatwood Peaks, a small whimsical town with a problem – death is on vacation! Help the ghosts with their curious problems while also solving the mystery surrounding your own demise in this new puzzling adventure from Zoink Games. Coming to PlayStation 4 spring 2018!
Guacamelee! 2
Drinkbox Studios
Guacamelee! 2
We’re excited to show a playable demo of Guacamelee! 2 for the first time at PSX! Play 4-player co-op as Juan, Tostada, X’Tabay and Uay Chivo. Meet the Chicken Illuminati and unlock cool new chicken abilities. Confront El Muñeco in an epic boss battle. Hope you can stop by!
Gungrave VR
Iggymob
Gungrave VR
Gungrave is coming alive from the dead after 13 years, in PS VR! We introduced new system “cooling” and “bullet time” to “full-break gun action” which received high evaluation at the time! The freshness of action, make your brain work for the strategic battle!
Horizon Chase Turbo
Aquiris
Horizon Chase Turbo
Thrilling arcade racing game, inspired by Outrun, Top Gear, Lotus Turbo Challenge and the whole generation of super-fun-straight-to-the-point racing games.
Hover
Midgar Studio & Fusty Games
Experience the thrills of a fast-paced single and multiplayer Parkour game. Join the Rebellion and deride the security forces of an anti-leisure tyranny. Rise up to the many challenges of a futuristic Open World, enhance your gear and perform incredible tricks and combos.
Knockout League
Grab Games
We’re excited to announce that Knockout League is coming to PS VR. Train with a speed bag, step up your skills with the focus mitts, or see how long you can survive in Reflex Alley. Fight your way through nine crazy characters to become the Knockout League champ.
Moonlighter
Digital Sun
Moonlighter is an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements that demonstrates two sides of the coin – revealing everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that secretly dreams of becoming a hero. Coming to PS4 in 2018.
Mothergunship
Grip Digital s.r.o.
Coming in 2018, Mothergunship is a bullet-hell FPS where you can craft gun monstrosities that no reasonable person could ever lift, fight gigantic bosses, play together with your friends and defeat a robotic armada that conquered Earth!
Omen of Sorrow
AOne Games
Omen of Sorrow
Clear your mind, clench your fists and get ready for a wicked battle. Powered by Unreal Engine 4, Omen of Sorrow delivers a deep 2D battle system inspired by the classics, bringing back the edge, mindset and philosophy rooted in the genre’s arcade legacy, taking it to the next level with innovative features and fighting mechanics. Join the battle, conquer darkness. Get the demo now!
The Church in the Darkness
Paranoid Productions
The Church in the Darkness
What happened to Alex? To find out, travel to South America and infiltrate the Collective Justice Mission, a secretive cult where nothing is what it seems. Find the answers in one of the many ways the story can play out in The Church in the Darkness, coming to PS4 in 2018.
The Forest
Endnight Games
The Forest
We are extremely excited to bring ‘The Forest’ to the PlayStation platform in 2018! Craft weapons from sticks and stones. Chop down trees to make a base. Fight to stay alive against a vicious enemy force. Although a harrowing experience in single player, you can now team up with a friend or two and even the odds. Our latest trailer showcases the cooperative multiplayer aspect of the game, surviving with a friend, exploring caves and building a base.
The Persistence
Firesprite
The Persistence
Time to steel yourself! The procedurally generated horrors of The Persistence are coming to PlayStation VR in July 2018!
Tower 57
Pixwerk
Tower 57 is a fast-paced neo-retro shooter where cooperation is as important as your ammo capacity. As a member of an extraordinary task force fight your way through a dieselpunk megatower and uncover its hidden secrets. Coming to your PS4 in 2018.
Wattam
Funomena
Wattam
Wattam is the latest game from Katamari Damacy creator, Keita Takahashi. Grab a friend and join the mayor to explore the world of Wattam together as you run, jump, climb, hold hands, explode, and more with colorful characters that will surprise you at every joyful turn. Wattam will be coming to PS4 in 2018.

Add Your Own

clupula668 said:

December 9th, 3:08 pm

Can I just add my voice to the chorus of people saying that I never want the PSX to repeat the format it used last night, ever again? I look forward to PSX every year because of the conference they have that is filled with announcements and trailers. I don’t care if they aren’t coming for a year or to. I want to know what long term investment into your hardware will provide me. I was very much not happy with last night and I hope next year is a return to the previous years’ format.

ZanFear said:

December 9th, 6:28 pm

I was wondering if I just didn’t remember the last 3 years or not, but the format this year was terrible. A LOT of talking, NO release dates from first party studios, live demo of Detroit for a section we’ve already seen before, the same EIGHT MINUTE trailer for Death Stranding from the night before, and Kojima telling the same story of how he decided to partner with Sony and choose the Decima engine. Wow. At least MediEvil PS4 was announced, and a few cool looking VR things.

ZanFear said:

December 9th, 7:30 pm

And now the host for The Last of Us 2 panel said she saw this really amazing video, and you think they’d show it, but they said they’ll show it at E3. LOL are you kidding me?! What kind of PSX was this?!?!

Sammyv17 said:

December 9th, 7:33 pm

Yes. There was way too much waiting around and only few things that I actually wanted to see. Too many interviewers trying to get executives to reveal secrets only to have them scoot around the topic. Mostly a waste of time.

AlbieG- said:

December 10th, 7:37 am

I’ll join this circle as well. That format was awful. I knew going in there wouldn’t be much to talk about but Jesus Christ I didn’t expect that. There was a lot of time-wasting audience pandering and boring generic question asking. PSX is supposed to be for PlayStation fans to get excited about PlayStation and it’s GAMES. GAMES GAMES GAMES remember that? Don’t lose touch of your fanbase PlayStation we love the developers and we want to know what’s going on behind the scenes but not at PSX in a talkshow format. Also we don’t like Greg Miller anymore since he threw Colin under the bus. I was up the whole time waiting for the other hat to drop but sadly about 80% of the way through the show it dawned on me that absolutely nothing was coming.

CommandingTiger said:

December 10th, 9:35 am

Well, they’re up stage for hours, sitting down is kinda good for these interviews. I don’t really mind the format.

In any case. PlayStation should allow cross gaming platform with it’s competitors, or at the very least give the option to do so.
    Now that PlayStation 4 is over 70 Million sold strong. Now would be a good opportunity to bring more people into the PlayStation family.

By talking to our friends online, we will be able to tell all of our friends how amazing PS4 really is and how many great games there is on the console.
    It’s true that Xbox players will also try to convince people to buy an Xbox One, but for that to have weight, they’d need solid arguments which they don’t have.
    PS4 has the vast majority of all exclusive games and most of all Xbox “exclusive” are also on the PC, which isn’t making any solid argument to purchase the Xbox One.

Many of my friends are FORCED to buy an Xbox to play with their friends online. Phil Spencer and Microsoft made their console open in a desperate attempt to convince people to buy their console, which won’t work, the Switch is portable. If anything, it’s helping in it’s remarkable sales since there’s more people to play with online.

CommandingTiger said:

December 10th, 9:46 am

Just look at Solidrev on Youtube, he was forced to trade in his PS4 Pro for an Xbox One X mostly because his son only plays Xbox.
    While he used to be a big time Xbox supporter, he’s been disappointed with every E3 of Xbox.

If he could play online with his son while owning a PS4, he would do it.
    Not only that, but given the fact that the PS4 is in the lead, this would show customers how great PlayStation is a place to game on.
    It would make the company look humble. Not doing so would hurt the company’s image and good reputation.

You’re not doing anything bad to the customers but you aren’t helping them.

Besides, PlayStation has literally nothing to fear. Xbox will loose significantly more than PlayStation. Those 70 million will help convince everyone else to purchase a PS4 and bring PlayStation back to it’s glory days of 150 million units sold.

Don’t worry if people buy both consoles, as long as they play your console.

CommandingTiger said:

December 10th, 1:52 pm

Hi you guys. I really love the Uncharted series just like many other gamers out there. I know Naughty Dog wants to move on to new franchises in the future.
    Sony would be loosing a successful franchise by stopping production of the series.
    No, I don’t want Naughty Dog to continue the series, but I was thinking more of Sony Blend could take up the mantle of the franchise. They did such an amazing job with Uncharted Golden Abyss that it would make sense for them to continue the franchise.
    Not only will you make a ton of cash off Naughty Dog’s latest masterpieces like The Last of Us, but you could also makes more money with the Uncharted Franchise simultaneously while Naughty Dog works on something else.
    Obviously, we’ll see how Days Gone sells and if it sells well, but if they are interested in working on the franchise again, then why not?
    A lot of fans would be very happy and would purchase them.
    Maybe Sony Bend can push the limits of Uncharted even beyond Uncharted 2. That’d be cool. Thanks.
    Be smart and be successful.

Arn_1 said:

December 9th, 3:28 pm

I’m excited for the new VR prospects of 2018. The boxing game (Punch-Out clone) could be awesome, as long as the motion controls work well. The Persistence demo I recently tried was cool in VR. I hope it’s a lengthy and diverse game, as it has the potential to be another Resident Evil 7 quality-wise. For non-VR, Hover looks positively reminiscent of Jet Set Radio. Guacamelee 2 is high on my anticipation list. ‘Dreams’ looked awesome from the short preview clip. Overall, Sony has a lot to be excited for in 2018 and beyond. However, I would further enjoy some heavy hitter announcements at PSX 2018

Gahl1k said:

December 9th, 4:38 pm

Wait, that’s it? Those are the ‘BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS’?!!!
No Final Fantasy 7 remake? No Ghost of Tsushima? No freaking BLOODBORNE 2?!!
COME ON…

Thillhouse said:

December 9th, 4:56 pm

Excellent opener last night. Keep up the great work.

Dr_Minh_pro said:

December 9th, 5:58 pm

I am always and forever PS fanboy. But I have to say I really expected for PSX this year then I feel quite disappointed now. PSX is the last big game events for 2017 but It seems there’s nothing big announcement for me or at least some remastered game I want to see on PS4 such as FFVIII, Ni no kuni, Ninja gaiden… And now I know I have to wait another whole year for good news. *Sigh*
Give it you’re all Sony. I’ll still be your fan till the end :)

elchorno said:

December 9th, 6:00 pm

It also looks like 2064: Read Only Memories was stealthily released for the Vita as well!!

Vita means Life

dkarlowicz10 said:

December 9th, 7:37 pm

I was convinced that Ni No Kuni 1 and Read Dead Redemption remastered would have been announced.

steevoeevo said:

December 9th, 8:52 pm

Great to hear Patapon 2 is getting remastered, it’s a fantastic sequel that improves on the first one in every single way!

Superstone said:

December 10th, 1:32 am

Wish i could play loco roco 2 on the go. New handheld please

MarcoAntonio07 said:

December 10th, 2:33 am

I want to join the people ask to change back! All big trailers were the same we saw int The Game Awards! I was hoping for an update to PS4 pro support, big games release dates to 2018 , not time windows! For me the message is that they are happy with the hardware numbers, so they don’t need to make an effort! I want so bad Dreams, Days Gone, The Last of US 2, Death Stranding, Detroit, but none has a date and problably will be postponed! 2018 looks gloomy!

guelfi23 said:

December 10th, 6:17 am

I really want 20XX and Fantasy Strike.
Oh.. we didn’t forget about Ape Escape 3 :) We are waiting the addition to the PSN classics

MermaidSushi_XII said:

December 10th, 7:55 am

I took a plane to get here and was so excited to see what I had watched on live stream for the past 3 years. I was really disappointed by the lack of opening ceremony/ key note and the RSVP system was impossible. The two things I wanted to do most here I was shut out from doing and I checked back several times, even waited for the very second it became open and it still said full even though I clicked it right as the clock changed to the open rsvp time. There’s only 30 slots per 2 hours for the vr demo I wanted to experience most and yet a full starkon for games that are already out. I really wish there were more options for a standby line because I’m really confused at the black magic these people are using in the rsvp system.

bouncingsoul said:

December 10th, 11:36 am

Just a nod to everyone that already saud this: New format fir this event is awful. We all looked forward to a keynote or at lease huge announcment/upfate trailers.

Glad I skipped going this year. Would habe been gravely disappointed.

nikaash2 said:

December 10th, 4:16 pm

i want infamous

Welmosca said:

December 12th, 9:35 pm

Worst PSX ever…I hope you’re ashamed Sony.You had literally nothing to reveal,thats what happens when you show everything you have on damn Paris Game Week.You couldn’t have made people more disappointed…if y’all plan to keep it that way might as well quit doing the PSX cuz doing what y’all did this year is the same as not doing anything.