Knack 2

Dec 27

Dec 27

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for January 2018

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Batman: The Telltale Series headline the first PS Plus lineup of 2018. Plus, a special bonus game for PS VR owners: Starblood Arena!

James Hallahan's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus

Update: We’ve added clarification to this post regarding the availability of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness on PS Vita and PS4.

Happy New Year PlayStation Nation! We hope “play more games” is one of your resolutions for the new year, because PlayStation Plus members have some great titles coming in January!

Before we go any further, we are happy to announce that PlayStation Plus members can get Starblood Arena as a bonus game starting January 2 through March 6. This arena combat game was built from the ground up to be played in VR with your PS VR headset*. Attack, evade, and move in any direction as you compete against pilots from across the galaxy. You’ll fight for glory, credits, and your life.

Now, on to the PlayStation Plus monthly games for January!

PlayStation Plus January 2018: Deus Ex - Mankind Divided

First up, we have Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. This sequel follows the immediate aftermath of the Aug Incident, the day when mechanically augmented citizens all over the world were stripped of control over their minds and bodies. This game mixes first-person action, stealth, and RPG-elements to make for an enthralling adventure.

PlayStation Plus January 2018: Batman - The Telltale Series

Next, we have Batman: The Telltale Series. Take on the role of Batman, both as the hero and his alter ego [SPOILER] Bruce Wayne. Where every choice has a consequence, see what it really means to be the Dark Knight. Another hand-crafted adventure game by the fine folks at Telltale, it is sure to entertain.

This month’s PlayStation Plus lineup also includes:

• Sacred 3, PS3
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, PS3
  • Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness*, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4) (Also available on PS4)
  • Uncanny Valley, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)

*Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness is available on PS Vita and PS4 separately

Lastly, for fans of Warframe, you can grab the PlayStation Plus Booster Pack II Bundle starting January 16 to help get you started on your adventure in the Origin System. The pack includes 100 Platinum and 50,000 Credits, Akmagnus Dual Pistols and Akmagnus Obsidian Skin, a 3-Day Affinity Booster, a 3-Day Credit Booster, and a Dragon Mod Pack! This offer is available to all PlayStation Plus members until February 13, 2018.

And there you have it. Tons of gaming to start your 2018 off right!

*PlayStation 4 system, PlayStation VR, and PlayStation Camera are required to experience VR functionality.

Add Your Own

TheWarzone1 said:

December 31st, 8:31 am

I haven’t bought PS Plus in months. Guess I’ll continue waiting. If anyone remembers, these free games were originally used as an incentive because we had to pay to play online on PS4, unlike all other Playstation consoles. I’ve personally just been disappointed with the free games recently. At least give us some good PS2 classics to play on PS4. I’d love to see SSX Tricky. I’d even pay full price for that game.

Hilikus97 said:

December 31st, 9:17 am

Crap games as always. Xbox was better

TheIllustriousDP said:

January 1st, 6:20 am

Nice lineup this month, especially for me , because I own none of these games. And it is a lot better than last month, it was terrible. But maybe they put that bad games to save money for better games? Just a theory, a GAME theory.

Swoodson77 said:

January 7th, 3:31 am

Can you add me on your friends thank you

Kid_Grim said:

January 1st, 4:05 pm

Not a bad lineup at all. I usually wait for the telltale games to end up on plus because they always do, but they are usually fun so no complaints there. Deus Ex is good action or stealth game depends on your play style had it on PC but never finished it so i will give it another go. I have stopped ps3 gaming mostly because i hate having to dust it off, really wish psn would follow xbox and start letting you play the ps3 games on the new console but oh well and I think my vita is under a pile of junk so i will start my search….

Kid_Grim said:

January 1st, 4:06 pm

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

January 1st, 5:58 pm

Have a good 2018 Shuhei, love batman :D

Dee-Eh-Arr-Kay said:

January 1st, 7:38 pm

Did any of you actually read the headline comment? and I quote “Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Batman: The Talltale Series headline the first PS Plus lineup of 2018. Plus, a special bonus game for PS VR owners: Starblood Arena!”

Anything stand out for any of you? How about this “Batman: The Talltale Series” …. “TALLtale”. come on people, I can’t be the only one that caught that when I first read this post. Not trying to be a jerk or anything here, just thought it was pretty amusing to see and a bit surprised no one else caught on and commented about it yet.

KaneTheGoth said:

January 2nd, 3:56 am

I’m sure many other people saw, but you were the only one who cared enough to post about it. It’s a typo – hardly newsworthy.

Perhaps look at your own message before whining about others? Not trying to be a jerk or anything here, but new sentences start with capital letters, and an ellipsis should only have three dots, not four.

THE-PLASTICA-MAN said:

January 2nd, 4:26 am

PSYCHO-PASS is not cross-buy in the store, sorry! Happy new year.

SilverShoelaces said:

January 2nd, 7:03 am

These look great! Having more visual novels keeps my Vita very happy.

drd7of14 said:

January 2nd, 8:19 am

Loving that PS4 Psycho Pass Crossbuy… -_-

I wonder if anyone will try claiming this as a reason they resubscribed to PLUS at the end of last month, since they posted/advertised Psycho Pass as being Crossbuy for PS4 as well.

Just saying, these posts are having more and more errors each month. They need major editing to catch these errors…Or at the very least try to inform Mr. Hallahan that not every meh PSV visual novel is crossbuy with PS4.

I understand that the comment section of PLUS posts isn’t always pretty, but it may behoove someone to review the posts for any common questions/concerns…

With Psycho Pass, people questioned it as crossbuy with no update to the blog post nor reply to said comments, and then it comes out today on the updated store and is not Crossbuy…That is a big problem.

Callipygiophile said:

January 2nd, 8:44 am

Batman is only the first episode. Isn’t that what the demo is?

mattblood221 said:

January 18th, 4:31 am

You have to download the other Episodes

MakeMeASandwich- said:

January 2nd, 9:02 am

When do these go live in the US? I was able to get Deus Ex but don’t see the other games available for free yet.

Boy_Georgetown said:

January 2nd, 9:33 am

I guess Psycho Pass being cross buy with PS4 was a typo after all.

EddieRoadDogg said:

January 2nd, 9:38 am

Thanks a ton for the new games. However Psycho Pass is not cross buy as claimed here. The vita version is free but the PS4 version did not trigger as free for PS Plus users. Will this post change or the game listing change to reflect this?

Valyrious said:

January 2nd, 10:29 am

Psycho-Pass (PS Vita) is free, but not the PS4 version.

Sony, you need to fix this. You advertised that it’s cross buy and a lot of people are upset that the PS4 version is on sale but not free.

steeler192 said:

January 2nd, 10:52 am

Sony, where is our PS4 version of Psycho-Pass?

LostWhovian said:

January 2nd, 11:33 am

I was wondering the exact same thing as well.

LostWhovian said:

January 2nd, 10:56 am

I thought Psycho-Pass was supposed to be cross buy with the PS4. If so, it’s still prompting us to purchase it.

djsaiyan said:

January 2nd, 11:36 am

Soooo I guess Psycho Pass wasn’t a case like Dragon’s Crown where both versions had been negotiated with the publisher to go up on Plus despite not actually being cross-buy.

Disappointing.

DustyBlue said:

January 2nd, 12:01 pm

For some reason it’s not letting me get the PS4 cross-buy version of Psycho Pass. I already downloaded the Vita version. What gives?

DinoCap666 said:

January 2nd, 12:16 pm

I’m wondering about the PS4 version of Psycho Pass like everyone else. Please address this issue soon.

TheManuPro said:

January 2nd, 12:17 pm

If it was a mistake to announce the PS4 version of Psycho Pass, you should bite the bullet and give it for free now.

ZOOKIDWOODKID said:

January 2nd, 12:20 pm

Yo where the F is my pycho pass ps4 ???? this is false advertising sony your starting to piss me off…i love ya bvut you guys have been super lazy lately microsoft is actually starting to catch up smh..

alleybeating said:

January 2nd, 12:33 pm

Anyone have the details on when the Warframe booster 2 will be on the store? Store has updated but the old pack is the only ps4 plus one available.

GeneJacket said:

January 2nd, 12:47 pm

Yeah, I’ve looked all over the store and it isn’t up, for some reason.

True_Gamer-27 said:

January 2nd, 12:46 pm

Psycho Pass for PS4 should better be free on February then. False advertising is a crime, no?

UltiGamer88 said:

January 2nd, 1:23 pm

The PS4 version of Psycho-Pass isn’t available, only the PS Vita version. When I got the Vita version and went to download it, the PS4 version didn’t show up

GeneJacket said:

January 2nd, 1:40 pm

Psycho Pass for PS4 is available now, so quit whining about it.

Frejim said:

January 2nd, 2:00 pm

nope, still not “free”

I got the vita version, but the PS4 is still at $15.99 (PLUS discount)

GeneJacket said:

January 2nd, 2:50 pm

Very strange…
    It was absolutely there, I added it to my library, but it’s gone now from both the store and my library.
    Just be patient, I’m sure they’re working on it.

carabu said:

January 2nd, 3:25 pm

Probably realized they made a mistake and are fixing it. Hopefully free for PS4 but not counting on it.

Frejim said:

January 2nd, 1:56 pm

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness, PS Vita this one is not CROSS BUY with PS4, there must be a mistake!

bacontacocat said:

January 2nd, 4:16 pm

I wish we can get a batman ark ham gam

Flash-Sentry said:

January 2nd, 5:09 pm

Isn’t Psychopass cross buy? I cant get it for my PS4…. :(

Justin__Harris said:

January 2nd, 6:45 pm

So is Psycho-Pass a cross-buy with PS4, or was that a mistake on their part?

lele1620 said:

January 2nd, 7:46 pm

I don’t see the PlayStation Plus Booster Pack II Bundle ???

LiLUZi_TOUR_LiF3 said:

January 2nd, 10:18 pm

PLS FREE THE NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED FULL GAME ON PS VITA PLS JUST ON PLAYSTATION PLUS PLEASE PLEASE!

GasperVIadi said:

January 2nd, 11:43 pm

As others said, Psycho-Pass isnt crossbuy on PS4. Was it a mistake by the blog or will we get the game later?

NeoLuthias said:

January 3rd, 5:03 am

i can´t find the “PlayStation Plus Booster Pack II Bundle” for Warframe :/

Tenebrosity_lux said:

January 3rd, 7:50 am

Someone might wanna fix “Talltale” in the gray text at the top.

DerelictSoul said:

January 3rd, 10:37 am

Psycho Pass cross buy is a lie! Not currently free on ps4 and according to sony support, will NOT be free this month

TheManuPro said:

January 3rd, 11:07 am

This is what Erika from the support online chat told me: Thank you for your time and patience. Let me explain you that at this moment, the PS Store is not showing the content yet, however we are already investigating in the situation so we appreciate your patience by waiting and checking on the PS Store and also on our blog, for more updates and information:

I assume they will fix this and give it for free.

Epsilon-Xero said:

January 3rd, 11:09 am

BEAUTIFUL way to kick off the new year, lying to the customer. Bravo, PlayStation, Bravo

steeler192 said:

January 3rd, 1:57 pm

The blog has this text for over a week now:

* Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)

If it was a typo it should’ve (and would’ve) been quickly amended. It hasn’t, so Sony’s mistake lies on not releasing the game free on the Store for Plus members.

Epsilon-Xero said:

January 3rd, 2:52 pm

Damn straight. They announced it, they should live up to it, especially as so many were/are really anticipating this game in particular.

Epsilon-Xero said:

January 3rd, 2:55 pm

NVM, it’s up for free now :P

TheManuPro said:

January 3rd, 3:53 pm

You see it free for PS4? I’m not seeing that yet.

Bones00 said:

January 3rd, 5:10 pm

For everyone talking about the PS4 version of Psycho Pass whobare unaware, it’s now free for PS+ as well as the Vita version. Your voices were heard!

bitraiser said:

January 3rd, 5:21 pm

Um, guys… There’s no Warframe Booster Pack on the store, but there is a Smite psplus exclusive pack.

Did someone gone done oopsed?

TheManuPro said:

January 3rd, 6:44 pm

Yeah, Psycho Pass now shows up on PS4. Thank you

Mr_Mrs_Evil said:

January 3rd, 7:30 pm

I cant see any of these updates. When is it coming out?

Vitox_cl said:

January 3rd, 7:42 pm

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)

Hey Sony, don’t lie to us, give us the Ps4 version of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness as it’s said here.

Dr_Kerosene269 said:

January 3rd, 9:00 pm

There’s no Warframe booster pack :( I was excited for free plat

marcinmichno said:

January 5th, 12:05 am

Maybe they will add it ;/

Urbandonment said:

January 3rd, 9:03 pm

Thank you very much Sony for giving out Psycho-Pass for PS4 as well!

marcinmichno said:

January 4th, 5:10 am

Where can i find Warframe pack?

Kucera1974 said:

January 4th, 7:55 am

Cant find that booster pack for ps+ in warframe. Where can i find it???

steeler192 said:

January 4th, 9:49 am

Psycho-Pass PS4 is now free on the Plus section of the Store.

Let me be the first to thank Sony on delivering what they promised. If this was the product of a mistake they failed to clear up in a timely manner, they’re the bigger persons by capitulating with zero excuses.

My hat’s off to the team: you have my respect.

EbOuNcE88 said:

January 5th, 11:37 am

Great job on plus this month.two games worth playing

adezero said:

January 5th, 2:32 pm

Can we stop getting these Telltale games? We’ve already gotten three of these games and I don’t like them at all.

Bad cell-shaded graphics, and it isnt really a “game” you’re just watching a movie and doing a QTE every now and then.

RaiBreezii15 said:

January 6th, 12:17 am

I was disappointed in Deus ex so I wasn’t looking forward to it but Batman was good. Now I wanna know the lineups for next month