God of War

Jan 04

Jan 04

PlayStation Blogcast 275: Live From Arcadia Bay

Three hosts, two interviews, one podcast. It's PlayStation Blogcast Episode 275. Happy new year!

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Subscribe via iTunes, Spotify, Google or RSS, or download here

You know Ashly Burch? Of course you do. She’s in this episode! We’ve got two new interviews in this episode, shining a light on Life is Strange: Before the Storm and upcoming PS VR megaton Blood & Truth. Plus, Ryan, Kristen and Justin gather to share what they played and watched during their respective holiday breaks. Happy new year!

Stuff We Talked About

• Life is Strange: Before the Storm
  • Blood & Truth
  • Game of the Year 2017
  • Black Mirror
  • Assassin’s Creed
  • Persona 5

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan ClementsOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Kristen Titus

Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist, SIEA
Kristen Titus – Social Media Specialist, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

January 4th, 4:44 pm

How did you all spend your holiday break? Any guesses for the Game of the Year winners?

Butters360 said:

January 5th, 3:28 pm

Give all the awards to Guerilla Games, Horizon Zero Dawn and Ashly Burch.

BlueBl1zzard said:

January 4th, 7:07 pm

Happy New Year blogcast team! I mostly spent my holiday break lounging around and catching up in games I’m behind in (though didn’t catch up as much as I would have liked lol). Oh, also I started the new season of Black Mirror, and I see you guys talk about it on this week’s episode. Can’t wait to give it a listen!

BlueBl1zzard said:

January 4th, 7:10 pm

Also my guess for PS Blog Game of the Year winner is either Horizon or Nier Automata (which sadly I haven’t finished yet ).

Dead-Sync said:

January 6th, 11:09 am

Holy smokes! Talk about a curated episode. First off, thanks for reading my letter! Some really good answers from everyone and I’ve been putting it off long enough: next game I’m starting is Nier Automata. I’m sold.

Secondly, the game I finished playing a few days before this episode was Before the Storm! Now I’m in the phase of re-watching playthroughs of that and the original. It’s an obsession: but such an awesome universe. Getting to hear from Ashley and Chris was honestly a real treat for me personally. The timing was perfect, and it’s my favorite interview to date.

Cheers and thanks for an awesome episode!

jgrizzle358 said:

January 8th, 6:35 am

In the last episode of 2017 you guys asked us to right in our top three games of 2017. Literally a few days before that episode I had sent in an email with my top 10 games of 2017 and a lot of what you guys talked about was on it such as nier automata, Horizon zero Dawn and Edith Finch.

However, per your request I have chopped it down and I must warn you now one of my answers will be controversial. This is in descending order with number one being my game of the year:

3. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
2. Resident Evil
1. Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

I could go on for days about how Hellblade is the first game in my opinion to accurately represent psychosis or how I could personally connect with Senua because of her anxiety. But instead I will just say everyone needs to play this game. Headphones are an absolute must when you do and look up pareidolia before you start it, will help you understand the puzzles better.

jgrizzle358 said:

January 8th, 6:38 am

I totally meant Resident Evil 7 by the way,

If anyone is interested this was my full list.

10. Perception
    09. Little Nightmares
    08. Get Even
    07. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
    06. Nier: Automata
    05. What Remains of Edith Finch
    04. Horizon: Zero Dawn
    03. South Park: The Fractured but Whole
    02. Resident Evil
    01. Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

jgrizzle358 said:

January 8th, 6:41 am

Seriously? I did the same thing in both lists and forgot the 7 at the end of Resident Evil

Danterikxx said: