Knack 2

Jan 10

Jan 10

PlayStation Store: December 2017’s Top Downloads

A look back at the best-selling games for the final month of 2017.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

You may have already seen the top downloads list for the year of 2017, but we are now back to our regularly scheduled monthly charts. Welcome! Here are the lists for the month of December 2017, featuring a respectably strong debut from Boneloaf’s extra-floppy platform brawler Gang Beasts.

These charts are sorted by number of downloads from PlayStation Store, rather than total revenue, and free-to-play games are not included (though we’re looking to add a separate chart for those in future installments of this post).

Any predictions for January’s list?

PS4 Games
3 Blue-eyed Wolf Theme
4 Christmas Village Dynamic Theme
5 Assassin’s Creed Origins – Dynamic Theme
6 Friday the 13th: The Game Theme
7 Dragon King Encounter HiQ Dynamic Theme
8 Gamers Don’t Die Dynamic Theme
9 Undertale Dynamic Theme (Ruins)
10 Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Operation White Noise Theme
8 Psychonauts
9 The Warriors
10 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Add Your Own

gohan16ken said:

January 10th, 6:10 am

When the top download of 2017 list was release, there was no PS3. And you said, we shouldn’t read too much into that. There is no PS3 again. Should we read into it now?

steeler192 said:

January 10th, 9:51 am

My thoughts exactly. Justin, could you please chime in?

Tinye310 said:

January 10th, 10:51 am

Same logic applies to his response. There weren’t many new ps3 releases. If he didn’t put it for the year, why would he put it for one month of the year? I think it’s about time it falls off anyways.

steeler192 said:

January 10th, 11:22 am

@Tinye310: Even though I don’t agree, I guess it makes sense in the way that the PSP library is available for sale but no monthly sales lists are published.

gohan16ken said:

January 10th, 11:30 am

@Tinye310, PS3 was apart of Nov, Oct, Sept, Aug, July, June, May, etc of 2017. The only thing it has been missing were for the overall 2017 and Dec 2017. Also, the PS3 got 9 games in 2017. If it was enough to keep the PS3 until Nov, then why can’t we keep the PS3 in Dec?

sekaniy said:

January 10th, 6:29 am

Wow Gang Beast#2. Couch Co-op is still alive and well!!
Especially over break with family. We bought Overcooked and we had a blast. I had to run and get my 4th DS4 controller just so we could 3 star every level.
Still have to try GB.

Zeev86s said:

January 10th, 9:36 am

I have refunded couple of Xbox One games for the past years without any issues, but Sony could not refund even one before it was even released.
I tried to refund Call of Duty WWII a week before release but they refused.
I will never buy any Sony game again and will sell all my PlayStation consoles for second hand.

LOCO209 said:

January 10th, 11:19 am

Just because you were trying to get it cheaper somewhere else After YOU pre ordered it. Why is that Sony’s fault?
    Also Sony will do a refund but normally only once per account, so you must have tried to do this multiple times.
    If I were you I’d probably do some research before you buy and if you pre ordered ummm you probably pre ordered for a reason. Why blame anyone but yourself?
    I mean really some folks are so self-entitled.. No one owes you anything.

Well except maybe the other box folks that owe you some games for investing in their hardware and look you even get the few they do release refunded .wowza
    Like I said no one owes you anything.

gohan16ken said:

January 10th, 11:33 am

@LOCO209, regardless of what @Zeev86s was trying to do, Sony should allow refund/cancel on preorder…Origin, Steam, Uplay, and Xbox all allow this. @Zeev86s, stop preordering!!!

steeler192 said:

January 10th, 11:34 am

Not going to defend SIE but all preorder games on the Store do bear the text “CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW”.

Believe me that I wish SIE would side with the customer, because they’d earn a lot of love and delight from the PS gamer community in that way, but can’t fault them for pointing at the fine print and shrugging their shoulders. We’ve all been there it’s what I’m saying.

death_nation100 said:

January 10th, 9:40 am

Wow for PS4 those are terrible top downloads. Some Christmas that was.

PHISHMANIAC said:

January 10th, 12:20 pm

I picked up Star Wars battle front 2 deluxe edition and assassins creed origins gold edition during the sales and very happy with both purchases. Hundreds of hours of entertainment for just over $100. This should hold me over until red dead 2 arrives.