Knack 2

Jan 16

Jan 16

Two New Ways to Get PS4 Pro

Head to GameStop on Jan. 26 for the Limited Edition Monster Hunter: World PS4 Pro bundle and the Glacier White PS4 Pro.

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Marketing, SIEA

Monster Hunter: World is the biggest game yet in the beloved series, and we’re ready to celebrate with an amazing new Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle available for $449.99 USD (MSRP) exclusively at GameStop on January 26. The Limited Edition Monster Hunter: World PS4 Pro bundle will allow you to seek and slay ferocious beasts across a vast, ever-changing environment. Featuring a Limited Edition Monster Hunter: World PS4 Pro console, DualShock 4 wireless controller, Blu-ray disc and digital content, there’s no better place to hone your skills and take part in the ultimate hunting experience. Use the terrain to your advantage, or be hindered by the hazards they present. The choice is yours in an all new open world adventure teeming with surprises and excitement. This bundle will be available in very limited quantities, so if you want to pick one up, check with your local GameStop for availability.

Monster Hunter World PS4 ProGlacier White PS4 Pro

Looking for the perfect PlayStation product to match these snowy winter months? Well look no further! The Glacier White PS4 Pro will be available for the first time as a standalone console, so look for it exclusively in GameStop stores at the end of this month for $399.99 USD (MSRP). In Canada, the Glacier White PS4 Pro will be available exclusively at EB Games for $499.99. CAD (MSRP) in the coming weeks.

Excited to take on the challenge of Monster Hunter: World? Think the Glacier White PS4 Pro is cool as ice? We’d love to know what you think in the comments!

Add Your Own

KBG29 said:

January 16th, 6:49 am

Not even a Monster Hunters fan, but that Special Edition unit is beautiful.

kafemable said:

January 16th, 6:50 pm

Hi

EPGPX said:

January 18th, 3:43 am

Gamestop? Yuck. I need an id just to purchase EC-M games LUL

AmyFraserr said:

January 20th, 11:21 am

I resigned my office-job and now I am getting paid £64 hourly. How? I work over internet! My old work was making me miserable, so I was forced to try something different, two years after…I can say my life is changed-completely for the better!

Check it out what i do.. www.Jobzon3.com

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

January 25th, 2:58 pm

Sony PlayStation. Please make a GOD OF WAR PS4 PRO EDITION. That’s all I’m waiting for! I don’t mind the all black regular version. But seriously GOD OF WAR DESERVES ITS OWN CUSTOM PS PRO ESPECIALLY IF A THIRD PART GAME LIKE MONSTER HUNTER IS FETTING ONE.

Vizigoth04 said:

January 16th, 6:55 am

Okay PlayStation, time to tone it down. You guys are slaughtering it right now.

EnigmaNemesis said:

January 16th, 7:09 am

The white looks good, but exclusive to GameStop/EB? Hard pass.

gohan16ken said:

January 16th, 7:22 am

When is the PS4 Pro Slim coming out?

KBG29 said:

January 16th, 11:42 am

A PS4 Pro Slim and PS4 Super Slim won’t be possible until 7nm APU’s are available. Could be the end of this year, but most likely not going to happen until 2019.

medenko1975 said:

January 16th, 12:05 pm

why do we need PS4 PRO SLIM anyway?

Curtisio said:

January 16th, 7:39 am

I wish this was available to other stores than GameStop. Glad to see Sony releasing something special for the Pro,

I hope this deal will be more open at a later time.

Lostsock31 said:

January 16th, 8:13 am

Already have the white one, wish I could show you a picture of how a sticker kit can make it look even better

Kemikalz said:

January 16th, 8:15 am

Thank you for bringing the Monster Hunter console over. Seriously awesome. It is a shame that it is only Gamestop though, terrible place to buy things.

Angel-177 said:

January 16th, 8:47 am

Will we get the option to buy the Monster hunter controller as well?

RGS396 said:

January 16th, 8:52 am

ATTN: PLAYSTATION BLOG.

Why do you guys use a horrible image hosting site like Flicker?!

I clicked on the pics (hoping to see higher resolution images) and it says I have to be logged in too see them.

Captain-John_Doe said:

January 16th, 9:17 am

Thank you so much Sony! Can’t wait to get my hands on the Monster Hunter Edition.

TRINISTEEL said:

January 16th, 9:21 am

Thank You for this PlayStation ive been a fan for very long this makes me Happy…

NEOMERCER said:

January 16th, 9:32 am

Every limited edition console I have ever seen, has really looked quite terrible tbh, especially the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 and WW2 PS4 systems, but this, this is so freaking gorgeous (the MH one) that I may actually trade the Pro I already have in just for this…I’m dead serious. This looks like an actual cool console that I would love to look at.

MC45_Skeletor said:

January 16th, 10:04 am

Dude! I’m like thinking the same! But trade in would only cover like $180 if were lucky.

Trendy_Kid said:

January 16th, 9:42 am

If I didn’t already have a Pro and MHW pre-ordered, I would definitely pick up this special edition!

ErK-Prime said:

January 16th, 10:04 am

I imported a Japanese one smh and the game code doesn’t work in the U.S. – price I pay for being super hardcore or lack of announcement efficiency on PS marketing?
2 weeks before launch smh

M_A_NN_E_S_DEMoN said:

January 16th, 10:15 am

I bought my PS4 Pro last week in a normal Mall
here in switzerland. And she is doing a great Job on my philips 4K HDR Backlight and a nice sound system.
Guys, its time to raise your wallets and bring that girl home.

Zachdasaleenking said:

January 16th, 10:31 am

Man if I would have known Sony was going to do this, I wouldn’t have imported a Japanese one. Nevertheless, the console looks even better in real life. I definitely recommend getting it if you don’t have a pro yet.

xFallenxWolfx said:

January 16th, 11:39 am

Already own a PS4 slim. But my god, i’m seriously contemplating buying that beautiful MHW limited edition pro.

Crunchewy said:

January 16th, 11:53 am

Finally a great looking special edition PS4. I just got a PS4 Pro so I won’t be getting this and I didn’t really love the demo of Monster Hunter, but if I was in the market still I’d probably pick it up because it’s so nice looking.

Underbarliv said:

January 16th, 12:59 pm

Release that white PS4 pro in Northern Europe and see what happens. I’d buy it just because I had too.

astylez said:

January 16th, 1:16 pm

Is the Monster Hunter special edition coming to Canada as well?

Mary Yee's Avatar

Saori Ikeda said:

January 17th, 12:48 pm

The Monster Hunter: World PS4 Pro bundle will only be available in the US.

Robertson123 said:

January 16th, 2:08 pm

Called 2 different EB Games one said it didn’t exist the other said they only have the white in the computer so far. LAAAAAAAAME!!!!!

Teflon02 said:

January 16th, 2:29 pm

Rob
    EB Games Canada is always late unless it’s something really big or like E3 stuff etc. Alot of games I try to preorder aren’t up for preorder until weeks after Gamestop. It’ll probably show up randomly in the next few days or Next week if we get it

Robertson123 said:

January 16th, 2:35 pm

I hope. i have a pro and i still would re buy the monster hunter edition.

astylez said:

January 16th, 3:26 pm

Thanks for looking into it. Yeah I would trade my original in a heartbeat for that edition.

untitled1x said:

January 16th, 4:41 pm

you guys get any update on this? I’m going to be pretty upset if we don’t get the MonHun one here.

astylez said:

January 17th, 1:00 pm

That’s unfortunate. Thank you for the update.

untitled1x said:

January 17th, 4:30 pm

This is the most disappointing news ever. I would have pre-ordered and paid in full. We need a Canadian retailer to get this. Don’t leave us Canadian fans out!

Bromosap1ens said:

January 16th, 1:20 pm

What about us Monster Hunter fans in Canada?

Teflon02 said:

January 16th, 2:27 pm

I assume the Monster Hunter one will be in canada but what’s the price. I would rebuy mine for that console it looks great. If Canada is left out, I don’t know…

cusman said:

January 16th, 2:56 pm

I still feel guilty I had to get Destiny 2 (still in shrink wrap) to get my PS4 upgraded to the sweet looking Glacier White PS4 Pro. Nice to see they making that available as stand-alone.

lilj2626 said:

January 16th, 3:09 pm

Once agin Pro selln at 400 not 350 dammm Sonnyyy

lilj2626 said:

January 16th, 3:10 pm

How bout selln da Game wit da Control or a Comtrol Skin i jus take da Skin who needs more Controllers

lilj2626 said:

January 16th, 3:12 pm

Mayb da PRO SLIM which i NEVA herd of will b Cheaper like 300 320 den ps slim will b 250

untitled1x said:

January 16th, 3:40 pm

WHAT ABOUT CANADA? Tell me we’re getting the MonHun bundle. PLEASE. >_<

NinjaRaiden21 said:

January 16th, 6:38 pm

Damn you guys shouldve announced this during xmas or something

Grawbad said:

January 16th, 6:56 pm

If they did that it could have caused some pre Christmas sales to not happen as they waited for these.
    Most stores had holiday return policies that are still in effect though.

Grawbad said:

January 16th, 6:55 pm

If I am honest, all of the special consoles with graphics on them up to this point have been just meh to me. I am sure people liked some of them and that is fine, they have just not been for me. The only one that I did like was the White Pro that came with Destiny 2.
So it is cool it gets it’s own model.
Now, the Monster Hunter Edition looks very nice. I am not really sure I am getting the game, but the console looks great. The controller I think I would need to see in person.

I think I “might” like the game, but the beta actually removed it as a day one purchase for me. I felt like I was running around attacking a big monster that didn’t even react to my presence much. If that makes sense. Like I could see its hp going down, and it did attack me, but I felt like I was just slapping away at something that didn’t react to my swings.

I get the beta was limited and all that. It is supposed to be an open world and such, and we didn’t get it that way in the beta.
I am just waiting for a review, preferably by ACG on youtube, but I want to see some of the final product before I decide.

And I just went slightly off topic, sorry guys. lol

BlueBl1zzard said:

January 16th, 7:32 pm

Daaaaaang lookin’ real nice…..Any chance we could see the Monster Hunter controller sold separately?

ZeroTheSquirrel said:

January 16th, 8:47 pm

That Controller is gorgeous any chance of it being sold separately in the near future?

beanpole1978 said:

January 17th, 1:02 am

How about you add a 4k BluRay player instead of the same one that’s in the reg/pro ps4s. And what about adding the option to add Kodi to the list of media options.

KnightRid said:

January 17th, 3:24 am

Give this person a prize!!! How hard would it be to put a 4k bluray player in there….not very!

I am waiting for sony to try and go all digital with the next console. Only reason I can see for skimping out on a 4k bluray player. I would not buy it as we are limited on speed and gb per month.

Should have it where you buy a disc of a game/movie and you get the digital one for free. That way if the disc gets scratched you can still use it from the online stuff.

saab01 said:

January 17th, 7:21 am

These consoles really need to come with 2TB the 1TB will fill up way too quickly.

Dracorius said:

January 17th, 9:06 am

I see no listing for the limited edition ps4 pro version in the ebgames.ca site. I guess no love for Canada? Sigh.

Robertson123 said:

January 17th, 9:52 am

its official we are not getting it in canada. I mean even EB Australia is getting it.

untitled1x said:

January 17th, 4:37 pm

This is SACRILEGE, Sony!!! Ahh I want it so bad >_<

untitled1x said:

January 17th, 12:31 pm

…CANADA! #MonHunBundleCanada

Grawbad said:

January 17th, 5:01 pm

My fellow Playstation fans, since the blog is slow on the uptake on this one, I present to you the:

God of War Stone Mason Edition

And to be honest, I am paying 199.99 for Ni No Kuni 2 and that feels light at that price. This one feels packed for 149.99.
Almost like if the prices were reversed it would seem right.

In any event.

I am SUPER STOKED.

blackNOVAgas4566 said:

January 17th, 6:51 pm

I would want this because Xbox sucks

joaryche said:

January 17th, 11:13 pm

I would like to see a deep red Ps4 Pro to celebrate God Of War like PSP got back in the day. #ANewBeginning.

Grawbad said:

January 18th, 5:38 am

God of War Stone Mason Edition
(I posted this yesterday and I think because it had a link right here it is still “awaiting Moderation”. So I am reposting without the link. Just search God of War Stone Mason Edition)

Almost like if the prices were reversed it would seem right.

In any event.

I am SUPER STOKED.

Dusean17 said:

January 18th, 3:43 pm

Monster Hunter 8 days away. Oh god. My groins!!!

Wolfchilde said:

January 26th, 5:55 pm

No gamestop store has monster hunter bundle in store on the 26th. You are wrong Sony, they did limited pre-orders only.

Haha911wxr said:

January 27th, 10:44 pm

Why is this console exclusively released to the States? It’s not fair. Canadian players want it as well.

Lorajet said:

February 8th, 8:40 am

Please give us another chance to get this awesome bundle! Gamestop sold out of pre-orders almost immediately….