God of War

Jan 19

Jan 19

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 1/23/2018

Monster Hunter: World and The Inpatient arrive next week on PS4.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

A sprawling world! Towering monsters! Ferocious weapons! Delicious food! The beloved action RPG returns with Monster Hunter: World, launching January 26 on PS4.

Select your favorite weapon and hurdle into the dangerous wilds of Monster Hunter: World. Stock up on items and hunt down monsters as they roam the verdant and varied environments in game. Only the most dedicated, well-prepared hunters will fell the beasts of Monster Hunter: World and reap the rewards, crafting even better gear for the next adventure. Good luck in your search, and never hunt on an empty stomach!

For a full list of new releases coming to PlayStation next week, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of January 23, 2018
PS4 — Digital

Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human

Explore the ruins of humanity in this mesmerizing underwater action-adventure. Discover thriving wildlife, encounter monstrous beasts, and let curiosity guide you through an inevitable voyage of extinction.

PS4 — Digital (Out 1/25)

Celeste

Help Madeline survive her inner demons on her journey to the top of Celeste Mountain, in this super-tight, hand-crafted platformer from the creators of multiplayer classic TowerFall.

PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 1/26)

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Dragon Ball FighterZ is born from what makes the Dragon Ball series so loved and famous: endless, spectacular fights with all-powerful fighters.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital

Iconoclasts

Robin just wants to be a mechanic and help people, but without a license she’s a sinner in Mother’s eyes. Ever since picking up her wrench, the world has been going nuts and she’s wanted to bolt it back together. Now Penance is raining down on everyone she loves and One Concern agents are after her. But something big is going on — bigger than droughts of Ivory fuel and personal conflicts — and Robin’s in the thick of it.

PS VR — Digital, Retail

Inpatient

Discover who you are before it’s too late in The Inpatient, a PS VR exclusive set in the Blackwood Sanatorium, over 60 years prior to the award-winning Until Dawn.

PS4 — Digital (Out 1/25)

Laws of Machine

There is a corporation called Robotech, which was established by Professor Sharpey. He developed the system of artificial intelligence based on neurospheres, which was recreated during his experiments with lunar type soil.

PS4 — Digital

Lost Sphear

In the remote town of Elgarthe, a young man named Kanata awakens from a devastating dream to find his village is disappearing. Facing an ominous power that threatens the fabric of reality, Kanata and his friends set out on an adventure to use the power of Memory to save the world from being lost forever!

PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 1/26)

Monster Hunter World

Welcome to a new world! Take on the role of a hunter and slay ferocious monsters in a living, breathing ecosystem where you can use the landscape and its diverse inhabitants to get the upper hand.

PS4 — Digital

OK KO

Based on the hit Cartoon Network show, this game stars pint-sized hero K.O. as he punches, slide-kicks, and power-moves his way through hordes of evil Boxmore robots on an epic quest to save Lakewood Plaza Turbo from the maniacal Lord Boxman.

PS4 — Digital (Out 1/24)

Wild Turkey Hunter

Come experience interactive hunting at its best! Enjoy matching wits with America’s most elusive game bird the wild turkey.

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

A Bad Moms Christmas
A Bad Moms Christmas
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
Batman: Gotham by Gaslight
Only the Brave
Only the Brave

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

gohan16ken said:

January 19th, 2:27 pm

Really good week!

billyok said:

January 19th, 2:46 pm

Finally, the showdown between Monster Hunter and Wild Turkey Hunter we’ve all been waiting for.

hawjboi2009 said:

January 19th, 2:46 pm

i pick Monster Hunter World up on day one and won’t pick games up like Dragon Ball Fighter and Lost Sphear

Trendy_Kid said:

January 19th, 3:17 pm

?? None of those games have anything in common.

TJ_Solo said:

January 22nd, 10:24 pm

You mean that you aren’t picking up DB and Lost Sphear. “Games like them” sounds dumb and racist. It would be easier to say what games you are getting instead of adding a select list of games that you aren’t getting. There are 8 other titles you didn’t call out but felt a dire need to troll about DB and Lost Sphear. Sad.

moejuggalo said:

January 24th, 7:21 am

I’m not sure if this counts as being racist or whatever. I mean.. you hate fighting games maybe (but you are sending Capcom money… so lol) and you aren’t into RPG games… but there’s RPG elements up the wazoo in MHW as well. I mean.. I am not into RPG games, but respect folks who want to play that.
    I also think Iconoclasts is a pretty interesting game with opinions on both sides regarding it’s visuals and gameplay. The Inpatient is a new VR game with weird psychological themes where you know people will have things to say. Celeste is an insane platformer made to make the Mario Maker crowd happy.
    If you have the funds, these are all great experiences you can touch on when MHW loses it’s luster.
    Or whatever fighting game they create with your money :)

Akmaljon said:

January 19th, 5:07 pm

ps3 and ps vita section in flash sale are not showing up. is it because of my browser?

Tatanka2007 said:

January 19th, 5:42 pm

@Akmaljon, Nope. It’s not your browser. It was blank early this afternoon and hours later it’s still blank The Vita side is showing up, 8 or so titles, but PS3 is still blank. Bad management. I would have sent the guy in charge of digital sales a pink slip last year.

When I logged into my PS3 just now, the Flash sales were up. However, the PS3 Store is a broken mess now. If you try sorting A-Z, it won’t display anything. Nothing really stood out. Some RE titles on sale. Just Cause 2 for three bucks. Life is Strange is a good one for trophy hunters. PS3 and PS4 trophies aren’t shared. It’s an easy platinum, and it’s a fun game to revisit. It’s too bad that management is giving PS3 the cold shoulder. Aside from some Telltale Games and a few others, new titles on 360 basically died two years ago, but MS gives 360 more active support. PS3 had much a longer run of new titles in the PS4 era. I still game on my PS3 for trophies and to experience old titles I missed.

For this new week’s new releases I gotta say that I am excited about Monster Hunter: World. Any AAA title that goes against the consumer unfriendly trend of DLC and MTs gets my business!

Akmaljon said:

January 19th, 7:07 pm

Yea, I sold by ps3, but had to re-buy it to play non ps4 games that my friend won’t stop recommending. And I also don’t know why PS+ sign is showing up on my avatar, even tho subscription ended on January 2nd.

Mr_ONeal10 said:

January 22nd, 5:57 am

Let me ask you this why are you still on the PS3 you say it is having problems with the store and that there is poor up keep on it but it’s not sonys main priority they are more focused on ps4 and the future just go and upgrade to the ps4 and where everything is much better

ManjoumeThunder said:

January 19th, 10:00 pm

I won’t be able to play Dragon Ball Fighterz or Monster Hunter until I can update my PS4 pro, which I can’t be cause I get error code e-801809a8

KnightRid said:

January 20th, 2:31 am

If it is under warranty yet, call Sony FAST! Might be your bluray drive going bad.

Out of warranty, you can look up a guide to remove the bluray and put it back…same drive, just basically reseating it, as this seems to work for some people.

Also – Turn PlayStation 4 off (press and hold the power button). Turn [the PS4] on manually. Release only after you’ve heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later. Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller. Click on update.

That is what people have said Sony told them to do. I would still call them if it is under warranty.

Normalcarrot said:

January 19th, 11:30 pm

planetbase coming soon? At least let us know if a delay comes, I mean Eu having fun with it : (
pls.

NickNacca611 said:

January 22nd, 11:21 am

Since no one else here had responded… According to the official Madruga Works twitter….

“#Planetbase for #PS4 now available in Europe and Australia, USA store version coming on 23rd of Jan.”

So hopefully tomorrow finally.

bryanh7 said:

January 20th, 12:25 am

On the game company’s Twitter it says it’s coming out for the US Store on Jan 23 Let’s hope PlayStation confirms this for us. I have been waiting to get my hands on this game for a month.

ImSoForKingBedS said:

January 20th, 8:46 am

Really good week, celeste looks good for eight bit and lost sphere looks really good for an old school square enix rpg, most of these games my son was also looking to pick up on his switch. Monster Hunter Worlds is the top this week. We’ve been playing the beta and it looks beautiful and controls really well.

Rpm2878 said:

January 20th, 1:29 pm

Will someone please fix the store? There’s no acceptable that we’re still unable to look at the flash-sale from a browser. The store had major problems last week too.

isenberg said:

January 20th, 11:18 pm

Still no spacehulk deathwing? 2 years overdue and nobody questions it.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

January 20th, 11:28 pm

CELESTE! FINALLY! I’m picking it up day one (I’m serious. Look up the soundtrack. You will not regret it!)!

KBG29 said:

January 21st, 1:10 am

Looking forward to The Inpatiant on PSVR.

Excited to see how well Monster Hunters does. I am not a big fan, but I am a big fan of games that bring in new members on the PlayStation Community!

Rant for the week. It was pretty sad to see CES come and go, and not a single mention of PS Vue, PS Video, and PS Music enhancements. PS Vue is getting amazing amount of marketing, and I know a lot of people that have switched, but you need to learn to communicate with your customers if you want them to stay. Bad communication is the second big factor (after price) as to why people are leaving Cable and Satellite.

Things that would be nice to hear about:

Are you working on getting Tribune Media broadcast back on Vue?

When is Full access to Spotify (podcasts, playlists maker, follow, etc.) coming?

What are the plans for 4K HDR on PlayStation Video?

MrBeens said:

January 21st, 9:22 am

God damn turkeys! I will hunt down and kill every last one of you. Every. Last. One. I will find you. And I will kill you.

anszbd1 said:

January 22nd, 12:05 am

Why monster hunter world and dragonball fighter had to launch on the same day?! My poor wallet lol.

Monhun, dbf z and iconoclasts for me this month :)

TheLoCoRaven said:

January 22nd, 7:36 am

Forgot The Inpatient was coming out so early this year. Damn you psvr backlog!!!

Hatori1181 said:

January 22nd, 1:19 pm

Monster Hunter, then 4 days later, Dissidia NT. Damn good month.

Tatanka2007 said:

January 22nd, 6:59 pm

@Mr_ONeal10, You apparently responded to my comment, but didn’t understand. As I said I still game on my PS3 and PSTV for trophy-hunting and to play or replay some great games. You can’t experience Tales of Xilia 1 and 2 or Tales of Graces f on anything but a PS3, for example. I am sure many people still do this. Plenty of people still play P4G on their VITA/PSTV. And of course I game on PS4 Pro, where I am looking forward to seeing some glowing reviews of Monster Hunter before I add it to my library.

meekboss said:

January 23rd, 1:39 pm

@Tatanka2007 Have you not tried any of the three betas? if not the only problems I have had are the scoutfly are a bit hard to read. I have also heard of some frame drops on regular ps4 but since you have pro it shouldn’t be a problem. I would rate it a solid 8/10 if not a 9/10.

KBG29 said:

January 22nd, 7:24 pm

Just seen the drop posted by PlayStationUS on the activity feed! I really like that. It would be nice if all blog content was posted to the activity feed. A news feed seperate from our friend feed would be a really nice addition to the activity feed.

Great work whoever made this happen. Keep it up!

BLAKHOODe said:

January 23rd, 7:51 am

I’ve kept my PS3 to continue playing Naughty Bear.

BLAKHOODe said:

January 23rd, 7:47 am

I was hoping to see Paint Coolr and that new Sniper game for PSVR this week. :(

Pattysagod84 said:

January 23rd, 12:44 pm

Psnetwork has been down for hours here in Illinois when can I play again? ??