Knack 2

Feb 06

Feb 06

NBA 2K16, Yakuza 5, and More Debut on PS Now

Read on for the full list of new titles coming to PlayStation's game-streaming service in February.

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Manager, PlayStation Now

2018 is in full swing, and we’ve got an exciting batch of new titles debuting on PlayStation Now this month, ready to stream to your PS4 and PC. Joining the library of more than 600 games – including more than 130 PS4 games – is NBA 2K16, Yakuza 5, and many more.

Additionally, the new PS Now interface teased in last month’s blog post has now been rolled out to all users. Improvements have been made to the app’s navigation and load speed, interface design, navigation, and search features. We hope you enjoy the new look and feel!

New This Month

First up this month is NBA 2K16 for PS4, featuring cover athletes Stephen Curry, Anthony Davis, and James Harden. With an in-depth MyCAREER experience written, directed and produced by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee, NBA 2K16 lets you guide your MyPLAYER through the complete NBA journey, take control of an entire NBA franchise, and hone your skills through the many gameplay modes. Supports local play for up to 4 players via PS Now.

Now’s your chance to dive head first into the underground world of the Japanese yakuza with both Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 playable in PS Now. Explore Tokyo with four playable characters in Yakuza 4, including the legendary dragon himself, Kazuma Kiryu, as he works to unravel a conspiracy that threatens the nightlife district of Kamurocho. Experience aspects of Japanese culture including karaoke, hostess clubs, and even pachinko.

In Yakuza 5, Kazuma Kiryu is pulled back into the yakuza conflict as a bloody war between the Tojo Clan and Omi Alliance is about to break out. TheYakuza 5 saga plays out across five major Japanese cities with five playable characters, including Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagoya, and Sapporo, taking you from taxi driving missions to hunting in the frozen wilds, to living in the harsh world of a pop idol. Brush up on your fighting skills, and prepare for Yakuza 6: The Song of Life launching on PlayStation 4.

Experience intense white-knuckle racing with DiRT Rally (PS4), flying at the edge of control across dirt, tarmac, snow, and ice and in all types of weather. DiRT Rally includes officially licensed World Rallycross content, allowing you to experience the breathless, high-speed thrills of some of the world’s fastest off-road cars as you trade paint with other drivers at some of the series’ best-loved circuits, in both singleplayer and high-intensity multiplayer races (PlayStation Plus not required for multiplayer via PlayStation Now).

Anime, strategy, and J-RPG fans will love Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (PS4). Killia, a loner, is drawn into forming a rebel army with a group of Overlords to oppose Demon Emperor Void Dark, and prevent him from taking over all of the Netherworlds. Travel across different Netherworlds to build your army in this tactical role-playing game. Don’t forget to check out other Disgaea games already in PS Now as well.

This month we are also upgrading Payday 2 to the PS4 “Crimewave Edition.” This action-packed 4-player co-op shooter has been extremely popular since it hit PS Now last year, and now it will look and play even better (if you were playing the original PS3 version, it will still appear in your Play History list so you can continue with your progress). Up to four friends co-operate on the hits and as the crew progresses the jobs become bigger, better and more rewarding. Along with earning more money and becoming a legendary criminal, use your funds to customize your character with new skill-sets that change the way you play and kit them out with their own guns and gear.

Here are all the new games available to stream on PS4 and PC starting today. We’ve got action, open-world, sports, racing, shooters, puzzle and indie games, fighting, unique Japanese imports, and more.

New PS4 Games

• Anomaly 2 (PS4)
  • Backgammon Blitz (PS4)
  • Bombing Busters (PS4)
  • DiRT Rally (PS4)
  • Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (PS4)
  • Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (PS4)
  • Gal*Gun: Double Peace (PS4)
  • Grand Kingdom (PS4)
  • NBA 2K16 (PS4)
  • Professional Farmer 2017 (PS4)
  • Yakuza 4 (PS3)
  • Yakuza 5 (PS3)

PS3 to PS4 Updates

• Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
  • Motorcycle Club
  • Payday 2: Crimewave Edition

Here are the most popular games on the service in January

• Red Dead Redemption
  • Until Dawn
  • WWE 2K16
  • Mortal Kombat
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • The Last of Us
  • Mafia II
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us

If you haven’t given PlayStation Now a try yet, check out the seven-day free trial for PS4 and PC to experience the streaming service for yourself. PS Now provides unlimited on-demand access to a growing library of over 600 games, with new games added every month, and no game downloads required. PS4 save data in PS Now is also compatible with PS Plus cloud saves, so you can upload/download save files to and from your own console.

Stay tuned for more updates on PS Now, and happy gaming!

Add Your Own

gohan16ken said:

February 6th, 8:11 am

Will you be adding Sony Studios exclusive PS4 games to PS Now on day and date as retail release?

AmericanNinja1 said:

February 6th, 8:17 am

Please add the Mass Effect Trilogy. I’ll subscribe if/when those games get added

gohan16ken said:

February 6th, 8:47 am

Per Wikipedia, ME2 is on there but it is not under subscription plan. I don’t see a lot of EA games on PS Now. The ME trilogy is on EA Access on XB1 though

GrafUlrich88 said:

February 6th, 9:02 am

Hello Brian,

I just finally started my 1 year membership. I really am enjoying it.

Great update this month.

As always I will request Top Spin 4 and Virtua Tennis 4 for PS NOW please. OH, SOCOM 4 (Single Player)!!!!! Please

Also can you talk to your team about the option of allowing users to download the PS4 NOW games on to their hard drive for better picture and sound quality (just have PS NOW logo on the bottom of the game picture).

Can you also ask them to look at updating the PS NOW menus it’s very sluggish from time to time (I have very fast and wired internet).

Lastly, bring back the $99.99 a year every quarter and maybe considering dropping the monthly regular price to $11.99 for PS Plus members and $13.99 for all others.

Cheers,

Rob aka Graf

P.S. Are Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout NV GOTY or regular editions. Please let them be the GOTY versions.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 6th, 12:25 pm

Thanks, GrafUlrich88

Glad you’re enjoying the service, and thanks for the suggestions. Those games are the base versions in the service.

infamousXX87XX said:

February 6th, 9:13 am

Going to subscribe to PS Now because you guys added Yakuza 4 & 5 but where’s Yakuza 3? Thought that was a odd omission

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

February 6th, 9:14 am

I love PS Now. Love the idea of no lines, no downloads and the subscription price is fair considering all the games you get to play. But as a parent I have no time hahaha but when are you going to add PS1 and PS2 titles. I wouldn’t mind PSP games also. And great update.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 6th, 12:27 pm

Thanks, GaMeR_bOi_83

Thanks for the support and I’m glad you enjoy the service – with what little time you have left over to game. I know how that goes!

solace357 said:

February 6th, 9:30 am

Dang, perfect timing on the Yakuza titles! I will definitely renew to play those!

FlagshipFighter said:

February 6th, 9:38 am

I just signed up to PS Now, but I can’t seem to find the Yakuza titles right now. Are they US only or will they be arriving to the UK as well?

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 6th, 12:29 pm

Hi, FlagshipFighter,

You’ll have to check the Sony Europe blog for that. Sometimes we don’t have the exact same monthly lineup. Sorry about that!

moyer522 said:

February 6th, 9:39 am

Great additions this month, excited to play those Yakuza Games! I’d love some PS1, PS2, and PSP classic titles, though.

LightOfValkyrie said:

February 6th, 10:30 am

Glad to see some Yakuza games added but I would’ve personally just preferred straight ports.

ZenithXion said:

February 6th, 11:50 am

Would love for them to add in some more awesome RPG’s like Persona 3/4, especially P4 Golden. Also would’t mind seeing some love for final fantasy as well!

ernecer said:

February 6th, 12:09 pm

I was a PSNow subscriber for 2 years. I cancelled when I notice I didn’t quite enjoy playing because I would get kicked out. Most of us live with others and have so many devices connected so I rarely used the service. Love the library and price. Just really wished there was a local download option of at least 3 games at a time so we don’t have to worry about our not so constant speed.

the_man72 said:

February 6th, 1:07 pm

Any plans for PSNnow in other Countries ?

GodOfFlash said:

February 6th, 2:36 pm

I love the service but I hate the fact that I can’t join a party if I’m using PS Now. Can you please look into it. Thank you.

blu3st4rdust305 said:

February 6th, 2:52 pm

In the write up for Payday 2, there is a comment assuring players of the previously available PS3 version could continue playing that version. Is this true across all games that have been or will be replaced by a newer version? This caused some reluctance for me, as I didn’t want to start over, nevermind inducing OCD due to unobtainable trophies.

On a related note: could the old versions still be made available?
Finally, could the upcoming games be disclosed sooner, like the PS plus games of the month?

Happy subscriber otherwise. Skipped last generation, so this is a great way to catch up.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 7th, 9:40 am

Hi blu3st4rdust305

That’s correct – when we do upgrades from PS3 to PS4 versions, we keep the PS3 version available on the back end to anyone who has been playing it, so they can continue with their progress. But for new players, they’ll only have access to the newer PS4 version.

Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for the continued support!

Duck_mann86 said:

February 6th, 3:11 pm

Can you please let us know if PlayStation All-Stars is coming to PS Now or not?

SoulPhoenix666 said:

February 6th, 8:11 pm

Honestly, the only thing stopping me subscribing to PS Now is the embarrassing disparity in content between the US version of the service and the one we’re stuck with in the UK. We’ve got only a fraction of the games that the US one does, we apparently can’t even get Fallout: New Vegas which was added last year, but only for the US version of the service

MrPonuraski said:

February 6th, 10:13 pm

PS Now is just a streaming service, which means input lag and inferior audio-video quality. I’d never accept this.

GODOSGUY said:

February 7th, 4:12 am

When ps now will go to Brasil? I can assure you, there would be a lot of clients for ps now on that country…

hideshiseyes said:

February 7th, 8:53 am

Trying to play yakuza 4 or 5 on ps now and it’s saying this game is no longer available on PlayStation now. I live in the USA

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 7th, 9:46 am

I’m sorry you guys are having issues. I’m looking into this now.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 7th, 9:52 am

*Re-posting this so it shows up in red:
    I saw an issue with Yakuza 5 a few minutes ago, but now it’s working fine. If you are still having issues, please let me know. I did put in a note with the engineers. They mentioned that some users may still be seeing issues, but they should be resolved soon.

Yung_Nutsack said:

February 7th, 9:24 am

Im having the same problem, anyone know of a solution?

infamousXX87XX said:

February 7th, 10:06 am

I found out what the issue is. I was using beta fw 5.50 and I was able to play the Yakuza games but as soon as I reverted back to fw 5.05 then it said it was unavailable. People with fw 5.05 cannot play atm

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 7th, 9:52 am

Yung_Nutsack said:

February 7th, 10:32 am

It’s still not working for me, do you have any idea how long it’ll be until this is fixed?

solace357 said:

February 7th, 10:48 am

Yeah I renewed specifically to play Yakuza 4 and 5, but I’m continuing to experience issues with this. Since last night through just now. The games also don’t even show up in the PS Now app, you have to search for them on the store.

WinnerBox said:

February 7th, 10:09 am

Since yesterday when I go to the store it said start with the psnow icon but each time I start the game I get the following message : the game is no longer available on playstation now. It only does that with the new game that have been added. I’m in Canada. Sorry about my english it is not my first language.

Geoff1295 said:

February 7th, 11:15 am

Same problem here. Latest addidtions show last months games. Searching PlayStation Now reveals no results for any of the new games. Going to the PlayStation Store shows the game, but when I press start, it says the game is no longer available.

Ricerat477 said:

February 7th, 12:08 pm

I’m still having problems with the new games. Same as everyone else.

Wolfski_412 said:

February 7th, 1:06 pm

Was pretty exicited to hear that two yakuza games were being added to ps now. Unfortunately I’m still having problems trying to access them. Hope this can be resolved soon considering I am using a free trial at the moment.

Yung_Nutsack said:

February 7th, 3:48 pm

I can finally play both of the Yakuzas, thank you for getting this problem solved!

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 7th, 4:43 pm

That’s great to hear! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Trilon said:

February 7th, 4:09 pm

I was enjoying Earth’s Dawn. But it got removed while I was playing. So after closing I could not start it. I understand games can be removed but if it’s not clear when, I lose all progression and hope of finishing the game. I was looking if I can recover the same game but I do not see where. Hope I overlooked so I can finish my save if/when I buy the game.
But with the fear of losing game progression I am thinking of closing my subscription and just buy games on sale.

If I’d had know it would be removed I’d accepted it as a demo and then played something else that would stay on longer. Or if there was a grace period for players who recently played the game….

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 7th, 5:07 pm

Hi, Trilon,

Earth’s Dawn isn’t available in the service yet in the US. Maybe you are thinking of a different game? Or is your account in a different country?
    Here is something you can do to check: in PS Now, start any PS4 game from the menu. Once you are inside the game, press the PS Button, and from the pop-up menu, select “Application Saved Data Management.” Press “OK” at the next screen saying the game/application will close. The next screen will show two options — “Saved Data on PS Now” and “Saved Data in Online Storage.” From here you can move save data between your PS Plus cloud storage and PS Now save files. Anyway — open “Saved Data on PS Now” and select either the “Copy to Online Storage (Plus)” or “Delete” (you don’t have to actually copy/delete anything). The next screen will show you all of the PS4 game save data you have in your PS Now account storage. It’s a similar process for viewing PS3 game save data as well. By doing this, you’ll be able to see if you have “Earth’s Dawn” save data in your PS Now cloud storage or not.

I hope that helps!

Trilon said:

February 7th, 9:51 pm

Hi Brian, yes I’m on the EU PS now. Being able to get the save is really great. Thank you so much.

I do also hope to see more info on how long a title will be available in PS now. But the save transfer wow. Thnx.

WingcommanderIV said:

February 8th, 6:59 am

WOw. NBA 2k16. How timely. And what did Microsoft just add to their game subscription thing? Every new release exclusive day and date? Huh.

cbk1979 said:

February 8th, 12:49 pm

could we get Game Of The Year additions of Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegus?!!

What about some PS2 titles. Some of the greatest games on PS came from the PS2 era, and are the reason the PS2 is still the best selling console of all time.

lets let the current generation know why PS is, was, and will be the best console on the market by showing them how great things were back then.

SirCasperSkull84 said:

February 8th, 3:48 pm

So, just a question. I have the PS Now app on both my PS4, and my PC. I notice the PS4 app has the new interface, but the PC one does not. Is there anyway on PC to get that interface? I really enjoy it, and the ability to add games to my games is awesome.

TheGasmeter said:

February 9th, 10:04 am

I was really excited to see the Yakuza games added, but they are not in the UK PS Now menu. Is this just a US only release, or are there plans to add them in the UK also in preparation for the release of Yakuza 6?

Thanks :)

baktho10 said:

February 11th, 6:43 am

baktho10 said:

February 11th, 6:44 am

i dont see no yakuza games or other games release this month on my ps now . i only see nba 2k16 . help me i want to play yakuza games . and im from france maybe that is the problems.

YInF4mousY said:

February 21st, 4:24 am

I started the free trial today for the first time (21st february 2018), since i heard yakuza 4&5 were added this month.
First i tried it on the Ps Now App on PC. I couldn´t seem to find the Yakuza Games on there, neither under the “Games from Japan”, nor under the “recently added” tab. Also there doesn´t seem to be a search-function, or am i just to stupid to find it ?

Anyway, i then tried to find them on my PS4 system, where i actually found a search bar. But still, no yakuza.
Is Yakuza not available on ps now in Germany or something ?
Guys, im basically begging for help here, i really wanna play Yakuza :D

JumpRope96 said:

March 1st, 3:20 am

Why isn’t yakuza avaliable in the UK version of ps now this is ridiculous and unfair.
Why is it that the American ps4 services get bonuses and benefits we don’t.

The ps now February update trailer doesn’t even say us only, it only says this in the description section which is questionable.

Sort it out give me my yakuza games and any other stuff your withholding from the rest of the world.