Knack 2

Feb 21

Feb 21

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Launches February 23

Get started in the RPG world of Gun Gale Online.

Cyrus Wesson's Avatar Posted by Community Specialist, Bandai Namco

Cyrus Wesson from the Community team here at Bandai Namco! I’m super excited to tell you about the latest Sword Art Online (SAO) game in the franchise — Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, arriving on your PS4 February 23.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

Whether you’re reading this as an avid SAO gamer, a Kirito or Asuna fan, or you’re completely new to the series, Fatal Bullet will give you a rich and immersive experience in the well-known VRMMO original novel and anime series. With this entry in the video game franchise, we welcome players to the world of Gun Gale Online, a futuristic and exciting game where tactical and challenging new experiences await. Now, let’s FullDive into some of the specifics that make this game such an adventure.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

This is Your Story

Have you ever thought to yourself, “Man, I wish I could be a part of the SAO universe?” Well, fear not FullDivers, because in Fatal Bullet, you are the hero. You get to create your own avatar and venture into the world where you’ll meet Kirito and friends while exploring new areas.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

You’ll make choices that help you progress through the story and dictate your relationship with the different characters. However, just because you’re not Kirito doesn’t mean you can’t experience his awesome beater skills. That’s right, you’ll be able to play as him and experience his story within the game in Kirito Mode! Just don’t forget, this is still your story where your personal choices come with a price.

Original Narrative Set in Gun Gale Online

Sword Art Online’s story is incredibly dynamic. Spanning across multiple different virtual worlds and realities, you never know if Kirito is going to have a sword, wings, or long hair. It’s a wild ride that we all know and love, and Fatal Bullet continues this never-ending creativity with an all new story supervised by Reki Kawahara himself.

But what’s even better is this story takes place in the intense VRMMO Gun Gale Online, where players can choose what they want their gun-slinging or sword-toting weapon will be. Want to fight enemies up close and personal? Grab yourself a shotgun and a photon sword. Or, did you want to snipe unsuspecting characters from afar? Load up your sniper rifle and crouch on a mountaintop. Just make sure to check your six so Sinon doesn’t have you in her sights, or you’re toast.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

Dimps — Unreal Engine 4

Remember how we mentioned earlier that Fatal Bullet is incredibly immersive? Well, that’s in large part due to the game being developed by our great partners at Dimps, utilizing the power of Unreal Engine 4. You can be sure to expect stunning graphics and dynamic environments, plus an engine that can support multiple styles of play. Be sure to utilize those grappling repels, power slides, and the physical fixtures of the map to your advantage; you never know when you’ll have to escape danger.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

And last but not least, we have a message from Reki Kawahara himself:

“Hello, everyone, I am Reki Kawahara, the author of Sword Art Online, and I am so thrilled that Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet will be releasing in the Americas very soon. The staff has put in a lot of effort into creating a very stunning game, and I believe SAO and third-person shooter fans will be pleased with this title. I hope you enjoy being the protagonist in Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, one who forges their fate while suffering from their choices.”

And there you have it! Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet is your chance to dive into the Sword Art Online world. Be sure to grab it on February 23 and team up online. The world is yours, and your choices are heavier and faster than a bullet. Link Start!

Add Your Own

drd7of14 said:

February 21st, 10:52 am

So excited for Freedom Wars 2- I mean, Fatal Bullet! :P

I kid, but seriously, excited to jump into this title if it is anything like Freedom Wars, which it definitely takes lessons learned in the right direction from what I’ve seen.

Looks awesome, and am excited to play it this Friday!

Thanks guys and gals!

Cyrus Wesson's Avatar

Cyrus Wesson said:

February 21st, 11:01 am

We’re excited for you to hop online and play with us!

Grawbad said:

February 21st, 10:55 am

This will be my first entry to the series.
Never seen the Anime or read anything about Sword Art Online, but I am assured this will not hamper me to much.

Looking forward to trying it out this weekend.

Cyrus Wesson's Avatar

Cyrus Wesson said:

February 21st, 11:02 am

Perfect! This is a great entry-way into the Sword Art Online universe. You will meet multiple iconic characters from different story arcs and as the hero of the story, you’ll be able to develop an understanding for how these characters act with one another.

Please let us know what you think of the game!

GhostSubmachine said:

February 21st, 12:53 pm

Definitely already pre-ordered! I have bought every Sword Art game day one but I feel this one is going to be the best one yet! More time and effort looks to be in this one. Can’t wait to play it Friday!

philwesson said:

February 21st, 1:08 pm

Yeaaaaah boyeeeeee!
I’m super excited to play this!

TheDaVonSpecz said:

February 21st, 3:09 pm

I’m super hpyed about this game. I’ve played and beaten every SAO game for PS4 so far and this one will be no exception. Can’t wait to live stream this and Full Dive into the world of Gun Gale Online.. LINK START!!

jebus2012 said:

February 21st, 3:55 pm

It looks to be a solid game! As soon as I am done with Wildlands this will be the next one in my queue. Lost Song was a lot of fun to play, I have been waiting for there to be a game in the Gun Gale universe. I’m hoping I can convince my wife to play through with me.

LiquidSnake268 said:

February 22nd, 5:27 am

i have all SAO game, and this one looks very fun since we are not only kirito story. Can wait!

DragonicKaos said:

February 22nd, 6:23 am

Why can xbox pc and ps4 american pre order this but uk still not on store digitally

remmaid741 said:

February 22nd, 7:59 am

when is the season pass expected to release separately?

KagatoAC said:

February 23rd, 7:26 am

you guys should go pay Havian on youtube for advertising this game for you. It has received almost no hype or advertisement anywhere in the last several months, matter of fact if it wasn’t for Youtube and Havian (who popped up when i was doing a search for the SAO Movie) I wouldn’t have even known it existed. Kind of a shame it didn’t get more exposure.

I’m going to pick up mine this morning, still annoyed that the Phantom edition was so limited that I was unable to order it.

WhippetRun said:

February 23rd, 10:19 am

Looks awesome so far, and super smooth!
My question is I also am totally new to the series, is there any guides or manuals? ( NOT walkthroughs)

Also creating character.., does the base size (1-5 the first setting decide anything besides the height? If I use a short person is that person faster/nimble?