PlayStation VR

Feb 22

Feb 22

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Has Gone Gold, Go Behind the Scenes

Go behind the scenes of the anticipated JRPG sequel and learn more about its revamped combat system, kingdom-building and Skirmish modes.

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar Posted by Community Specialist, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.

Greetings, PlayStation fans! We know you’re super excited about the upcoming release of Ni no Kuni II on March 23, but we’ve got a huge update to tide you over…

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom has gone gold, and March 23 is the date! The wait is almost over for the sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed RPGs ever. The graphical upgrade from the first game is astounding, the music composed by Joe Hisaishi is magical and the story created by Level-5 is something that will keep you enthralled from start to finish!

Now then, let’s get into the details from the Behind the Scenes video. First off there’s the combat system, it’s a lot different from the first Ni no Kuni in many ways. You’re now able to move, attack, switch weapons and characters in real-time. This allows allow an unprecedented amount of freedom in how you approach each battle.

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for PS4Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for PS4Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for PS4

Another huge aspect of combat are the Higgledies, if you’re familiar with the Familiars from the first game, you’ll feel right at home giving commands to these little guys. Higgledies are much more than just combat fodder, they’ll go on the offensive during battle, cast spells, summon weaponry and buff your party. There are also a special class of Higgledies called Higgledy Heroes to discover and recruit throughout your adventure, each Higgledy Heroes has a unique look and personality. Outside of assisting you in battle, Higgledy Heroes are invaluable during your travels as they will open up new routes, clear pathways, and show you hidden passages.

Behind the Scenes – Kingdom Mode

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for PS4

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for PS4Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for PS4

Our main character of this story is Evan, a deposed King who must rebuild his kingdom. We didn’t want you to just watch Evan return to glory as a ruler. To truly have a significant impact, we wanted you to experience what it’s like to pick up the pieces and build your realm back up from scratch. That’s where the Kingdom Mode comes in, this mode will allow you to develop your very own kingdom full of shops to buy items, forges to build weapons, centers to study magic and even facilities where you can build an airship to travel the over-world map. You can spend hours in Kingdom mode. It’s so huge, it can be a game onto itself!

Behind the Scenes – Skirmish Mode

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for PS4Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom for PS4

One of the most difficult aspects of ruling a kingdom is defending your kingdom from invaders. In order to showcase the large-scale battles associated with invasions we’ve created the Skirmish Mode. In this mode, Evan becomes a field commander with four units made of characters you’ve recruited to join your cause and kingdom. Completing these skirmishes will net you Kingdom Points that allow you to recruit new subjects, construct new buildings or expand your facilities in Kingdom Mode. In short, take out the invaders, grow your new kingdom and gain advantages on your journey to reclaim your place as the rightful king!

That’s all for now PlayStation fans! The next big RPG is right around the corner. Get ready to experience Evan’s tale when Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom hits the PlayStation 4 on March 23, 2018. Pre-order Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom digitally and receive the Special Swords Set and Proper Tidy Ring that will aid Evan in his travels.

Add Your Own

CrusaderForever said:

February 22nd, 6:52 am

Looks like a wonderful game! Looking forward to playing it soon. Would also like to see Ni No Kuni Wraith of the White Witch on the Pro. Congrats on going gold!

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 22nd, 7:20 am

Thanks for the kind words! The game is going to be tremendous! From the story to the music, everything is top-notch!

hawjboi2009 said:

February 22nd, 6:56 am

Yes, that would be great if they do remastered for Ni No Kuni White Witch for PS4 but i kinda hate combat system on that game tho.

hawjboi2009 said:

February 22nd, 6:54 am

YaYaYa, this is wonderful news ever i read : this game has gone gold. Kingdom mode look so cool. i love new combat system in this game.. Evan look so funny with cat’s ears and long blonde hair. Hopefully, dlc expansion allow us to play as Roland

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 22nd, 7:21 am

You can play as Roland anytime! You can switch to any character in your party on the fly.

Neyaru said:

February 22nd, 7:12 am

Bandai Namco, calm down!! You’re releasing all your 2018 line-up on the same period of 2018.
No one can afford to play all these games so fast.

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 22nd, 7:22 am

Can’t stop! Won’t stop! :D

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 22nd, 7:26 am

Hi All,
Dmitryi from Bandai Namco here! I’ll be checking the comments throughout the day, ask me anything about Ni no Kuni II and I’ll do my best to answer your questions! Hope y’all are pumped for March 23 when the game releases!

drunkenspy said:

February 23rd, 8:04 am

Hi Dmitryi! Can you confirm a Japanese voice actors option. I know it can be squeaky on that end too, but the kid’s English voice is so annoying. No one talks like that and it’s irritating on the ears.

Grawbad said:

February 22nd, 7:36 am

Have been waiting a long time for this one.

I am counting down the days.
I have the Collectors Edition Preordered. Can’t wait.

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 22nd, 9:46 am

It’s almost here! We can’t wait for you to see the finished product!

Kishnabe said:

February 22nd, 7:39 am

Going to complete the First NNK before this one launches.

Expecting the Voice acting to be as good as the first one.

….

Hopefully, defending the Kingdom does not happen a lot if it is RNG. Like in a middle of a cave/forest. More event like with YSVIII.

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 22nd, 9:48 am

The first Ni no Kuni is amazing and the voice acting in the second game is just as good, if not better! Defending the kingdom aka Skirmish Mode doesn’t occur randomly, there are set segments and events.

Neyaru said:

February 22nd, 7:58 am

I know I’m supposed to ask about Ni no Kuni but, why you guys aren’t publishing GIRLS und PANZER Dream Tank Match in the West? At least make it digital, please.

Neyaru said:

February 22nd, 9:57 am

As expected, he completely avoided my question. Great communication.

yentair said:

February 22nd, 2:52 pm

What did you expect, when you ask a completely unrelated question? Bug them on their own community channels. Take your question to their forums, twitter, facebook, etc.

dmfarris90 said:

February 22nd, 8:50 am

I just finished the first one last night! I’m sooo ready for number 2!

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 22nd, 9:50 am

Congrats! That is a long game! See if you can spot references to first game when you play Ni no Kuni II ;)

dmfarris90 said:

February 22nd, 10:05 am

Yeah it took me about 40 hours to finish the main line story but still going to do some side quests. I like the idea of building my own kingdom, I am sad the familiars are no more. :( but I am going to take it you guys know what you’re doing! :)

Neyaru said:

February 23rd, 9:19 am

It’s unrelated, but he works to and speaks for Bandai Namco.
    I already contacted them by Twitter and Facebook. They never read, and I doubt the guy managing the pages would even able to do something.

YungShep said:

March 22nd, 6:00 am

for the life of me, i could not beat Porco Grosso. i don’t have the right familiar for that battle. i wanted to beat it, but now part II is hours away.

Otterpoet said:

February 22nd, 9:46 am

O.O OMG, this game just continues to fill me with joy! One of my favorite games of all time was Birthright: The Gorgon’s Alliance… and this look like you’ve capture its best elements and made them even better. So glad I pre-ordered.

KW425 said:

February 22nd, 10:05 am

Nice write-up Congrats on going gold! I’ve been preordered for months. I see what appear to be 6 different types/colors of higgledies in the artwork above. About how many are there in total? I heard in a recent YouTube preview that there were 100 total to collect, just wondering if there were more than 6 types. Is there a level cap? Just trying to scope the size of my adventure that’ll be starting in a month…thanks!

briand187 said:

February 22nd, 1:24 pm

This is the best news I have heard in a long time. Have a vacation planned for the release, have my collectors edition pre ordered and set to arrive launch day..ready to go! Been waiting since I played the first for this sequel. Looks great from all the videos I’ve seen so I am super excited.

lisatsunami said:

February 22nd, 2:32 pm

My most joyously anticipated game for 2018. Was waiting for the gold to pre-order the digital. Ordered the physical CE from Bandai store long ago.

I loved NNK so much. It will be great to go back to Ding Dong Dell.

OahuGrown said:

February 22nd, 3:48 pm

the feels…can’t wait to get all emotional again…number 1 was grandly epic…this 2nd one is gonna be a teat…i love the first one, can’t wait to play this one!!! G-O-L-D!!!

OahuGrown said:

February 22nd, 3:49 pm

treat*

ModusPwnensJP said:

February 22nd, 6:50 pm

Looking great!

Could you tell me what language options (voice and text/interface) will be available for the US/NA release?

RealNameWithheld said:

February 23rd, 5:11 am

How is Skirmish Mode mode initiated? Is it something you trigger whenever you want to play it? Will you be halfway across the world and get a notification that a skirmish has broken out and you have to drop everything and go back to your castle to defend it?

HeathenFriar said:

March 6th, 8:26 pm

The art style and combat in this game are amazing. So stoked for this!

UNREALGOD said:

March 8th, 4:53 pm

Day one for me!

YungShep said:

March 16th, 5:35 am

birthday sunday and this comes out days later…..my body is not ready for next weekend. ill find a way <3

Gwen_Yuki said:

March 20th, 9:53 pm

Can’t wait. This gonna be a good weekend for me.

YungShep said: