PlayStation VR

Mar 06

Mar 06

Introducing the Limited Edition God of War PS4 Pro Bundle

Launching April 20, featuring a Leviathan Gray finish inspired by Kratos' axe.

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIE

We are excited to announce that a Limited Edition God of War PlayStation 4 Pro bundle will launch alongside the game on April 20, 2018. This special bundle features a fully customized PS4 Pro console inspired by Kratos’ Axe, a Leviathan Gray DualShock 4 wireless controller with insignia, a physical copy of God of War and digital content. This limited edition bundle will be available across the U.S. and Canada for $399.99 USD (MSRP) / $499.99 CAD (MSRP). Pre-orders start today.

Limited Edition God of War PS4 Pro Bundle

This Limited Edition PS4 Pro was designed in close collaboration with Santa Monica Studio, bringing to life Kratos’ Leviathan Axe. We asked Shannon Studstill, Head of Santa Monica Studio, to share some background on the inspiration behind the special design of the custom PS4 Pro:

“When we designed Kratos’ new Leviathan Axe, we knew it would have far more meaning not only to the game, but to our fans. Santa Monica Studio was extremely proud to adorn the custom PS4 Pro with the Leviathan Axe in such detailed fashion. We spent a painstaking amount of time to ensure this PS4 Pro was special, for the special fans who will cherish it.

Limited Edition God of War PS4 Pro Bundle

The top surface is the Axe skill tree you’ll use in-game to upgrade your axe, along with the runic gem slots on the handle that enable unique special attacks. The side panels are trimmed with a beautiful Norse design, and the runes each represent a realm in the game. The Leviathan Gray DualShock 4 wireless controller has the Huldra Brothers brand on it (just like the Axe), and a very subtle God of War logo on the touchpad.

I enjoyed every bit of the design process with Cory and the team, because we were united in our vision of what we wanted the custom PS4 Pro to embody. The game looks absolutely stunning on PS4 Pro and we can’t wait to share a new beginning for God of War when it launches on April 20.”

When played on PS4 Pro with a 4K TV, God of War outputs in a dynamic 4K resolution achieved through a 2160p checkerboard. Players with 1080p HDTVs will also benefit from increased image clarity via supersampling of a higher resolution onto their display, thanks to the game’s built-in supersampling technique. Across all PS4s, God of War also features HDR lighting and a wide color gamut for those with TVs that support HDR.

Limited Edition God of War PS4 Pro Bundle

Let us know in the comments below what you think of the custom PS4 Pro!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

thanextjordan said:

March 6th, 9:06 am

yes please

duduvipe20 said:

March 6th, 9:18 am

Yes please!

Thwip said:

March 6th, 9:20 am

The decal on the PS4 Pro looks like some sort of ornate Move Controller. I’ve already got a PS4 Pro, but I can’t wait for the game.

BaltimoreBirds20 said:

March 6th, 9:20 am

I understand the concept, but honestly it just looks boring and un-inventive. Add some distress marks on the blade part to make it pop more, something. All of Sony’s limited edition consoles are basic skins that you could get for $15 off ebay. Also the controllers are a joke. Sonys idea of unique controllers is add the name of the franchise to touchpad and add an insignia to one or both handles. Every controller is set up like that. They rarely even do unique colors for it. This is great if you dont own a ps4 yet, but if you do, there is absolutely nothing special to make one want to own another.

PASS

Vizigoth04 said:

March 6th, 11:11 am

Yeah, totally cool opinion but I’ve already got mine. And all I need now is to negotiate with the boss about making the purchase. Cause I’m gettin’ it!

TYPERDAVEYD said:

March 6th, 8:15 pm

took the words right out of my mouth. SONY i would have spent another $400.00 on getting a God of War console but this is crap. worse than a $15.00 decal on ebay. PASS

Dj_JaviLM said:

March 6th, 9:20 am

I want to pre-order it and I can not, what happens?

RunsLikeHell said:

March 22nd, 11:44 am

TYPERDAVEYD
    I totally agree with you. This is one ugly console. Wanted to buy the bundle until I saw this disastrous design. No thanks.

graimito1182 said:

March 6th, 9:26 am

Click to pre-order but dont work, what is the problem?

Crazymanwalking1 said:

March 6th, 9:27 am

Oh sweet mother of jesus I have been holding out on a Pro as most special editions look lackluster but damn that console is absolutely stunning

Hats off to you guys at Santa Monica for making such a beautiful work of art

I dont know where I’m gonna get the money but I WILL BUY THIS

BikerD said:

March 6th, 9:29 am

I’ve been looking forward to this limited edition, but now seeing it im disappointed. I get the concept but it fell short IMO. Sad that the plain black of the normal ps4 pro is more appealing than this. Looks like I’ll just be getting a normal pro and then digital version of game

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

March 6th, 10:06 am

The controller is pretty cool but yea console not so much.

WhippetRun said:

March 19th, 9:31 am

It may not be the best (I do like it, the PS3 GOW version that was all red was better), but for me I am going to get it since it is actually cheaper getting this than getting a Pro and the game separate.

lxlZachlxl said:

March 6th, 9:43 am

It won’t let me preorder it ?!?

graimito1182 said:

March 6th, 9:44 am

I cant preorder it, dont work!!!!

NeoKurow said:

March 6th, 9:48 am

YES! it was worth the wait! 1 click pre order! :D

graimito1182 said:

March 6th, 9:49 am

Could you make the preorder!!? how!!??

cusman said:

March 6th, 9:51 am

Wow, that is one gorgeous looking PS4 Pro

Grathgar said:

March 6th, 9:56 am

Does this bundle come with all of the digital content that the digital deluxe edition contains??

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

March 6th, 10:04 am

I don’t really care for the console design (don’t hate it, just don’t wouldn’t want it) but man that controller is dope!

the_man72 said:

March 6th, 10:30 am

Nice for gamers that do not own the PS4pro now is a perfect opportunity !

cchilds07 said:

March 6th, 10:33 am

Console HDD capacity?

Psydswipe said:

March 7th, 2:00 am

The box says 1TB (upper right hand corner).

DarkerEmerald said:

March 6th, 10:45 am

Glad I got a monster hunter world Pro, still my favorite special edition by far.. I hope you come out with more Ps4 Pro special designs (I was appalled there wasn’t one for horizon ZD, that could’ve been so cool). Maybe for Kingdom hearts 3 you can do something classy like the japan slim that 2.8 came out with.

Psykokud said:

March 6th, 11:56 am

Monster Hunter was awesome looking, didn’t have a chance to get it, the gamestop online only blew for that one. The gloss finish was the only thing I didn’t care for but it wouldn’t have bothered me too much if I had got one haha.

Picking this up since I wanted a pro in time for God of War, Days Gone, Detroit and Spider-Man =X

strano said:

March 6th, 11:42 am

Just went to bestbuy and made my purchase. Paid in full. Thanks you Sony PlayStation. My wallet is open for you.

strano said:

March 6th, 11:45 am

1 terabyte HDD for those that are asking

saab01 said:

March 6th, 12:41 pm

Looks interesting if I had money for a 4K tv would definantly pick it up.

jmagg2234 said:

March 6th, 1:08 pm

I just finished my water-cooled PS4 Pro (God of War themed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaDr4FkRb0k

zeothedeathgod said:

March 6th, 1:57 pm

Can you sell the controller? Have a feeling there will be a kingdom hearts PS4 pro, but I’d really love something god of war related for hardware. Why is the controller never sold separately?

WhippetRun said:

March 19th, 9:34 am

If I get it I am willing to sell the controller I picked up some see through red chrystal and blue ones, so I have a controller overload lol

MidnightDragonDX said:

March 6th, 2:33 pm

I’m seriously tempted! Would have to sell my old PS4, but…

L337-D4D said:

March 6th, 2:34 pm

Very nice, but can I get this on my PS5 next year? Don’t want to buy a console for just a year or 20 months.

Redrox said:

March 6th, 8:17 pm

lol who gave you the idea that there will be a PS5 next year? Not going to happen until at least 2020

urmygame said:

March 10th, 8:07 pm

uh even if the ps5 was coming out in 2019…which i doubt…these are all just guesses…all these dumb youtube “experts” saying they got leaked info..lol even if that was true…I never buy a device in its first few months or first year…sometimes I make an exception but generally I dont…ok so Xbox One X just came out LESS then 6 months ago, and the PS4 Pro since late 2016…not even 2 years…hell barely a year and a half. And in need of more software/games I doubt they would alienate MILLIONS of gamers so much so just buy buy a even NEWER version of a device…that nobody knows much about..is a bit goofy…I would be willing to bet…they are at MOST a sketch on a drawing board that was “pitched” to some CEO/executive heads…fact remains is…even if the system launched in 2-3 years….3 years (at earliest) well it would be several MORE years before I bought it…just b/c a makes 0 sense to be an early adopter to a system relatively sevearal-years-old.But thats my take on it.

Dragonsmana said:

March 6th, 3:12 pm

Looks awesome! Any chance the controllers will be for separately down the line?

ElektroDragon said:

March 6th, 3:20 pm

I think it should have been red, but I understand the desire to pay homage to the PS1. :)

BasicElite said:

March 6th, 4:42 pm

This is a mighty beautiful console! I’m loving the look and color scheme. I hope the controller is sold separately. It’s a great excuse to purchase if you are looking to upgrade to a Pro or if you don’t have a PS4 at all, yet. I would have definitely jump at the opportunity but alas I’ve purchased my Pro last year for my birthday. Haven’t regretted my purchase until now! Haha

ThaRaven403 said:

March 6th, 4:47 pm

This could have been interesting, if not for the fact that I am forced to buy the game… I already got the Stone Mason Edition pre-ordered, so unless I’d find someone who only wants the game (and has not pre-ordered it yet), I’ll stick with that regular ol’ PS4 for now…

think_sno11 said:

March 7th, 8:21 am

The bundle costs the same as a standard PRO, you could order it then just sell the physical copy.

Mrsstjohnx said:

March 7th, 9:44 am

I talked to my GameStop yesterday and they told me I could just trade the game back in, it will be worth at least $30, and since the console is the same as a regular PS4 Pro, you’re not losing any money trading the game in.

SmartMeat said:

March 6th, 4:59 pm

Asia?

GregTheChozen1 said:

March 6th, 5:45 pm

This is a disgusting looking custom console. Highly disappointed with the design. Looks like an ugly Christmas sweater. Thumbs waaaaay down!

Soul_Red_Chili said:

March 6th, 6:00 pm

I was looking forward for red blood and black colour for the controller. =(

juc27pmgj said:

March 6th, 6:07 pm

This what I actually waited for so long.
Now to the PS4 era (hopefully) I go.

D-Squad3 said:

March 6th, 6:49 pm

Already buying the stone Mason edition, but I really want this too. :(

Mrsstjohnx said:

March 7th, 9:45 am

Get this and trade the game in. Not losing anything since it’s the same price as a regular PS4 Pro.

Gaddar666 said:

March 6th, 11:06 pm

Wow is beautiful… i want but i living Northern Cyprus Turkish republic. it would be too expensive to bring it here. :(

Lethal_NFS said:

March 7th, 5:43 am

I wish I could say I like it, but I don’t. The controller looks nice but the console looks bland. I would have liked to see a really nice picture of Kratos on the console with visible damage to the front and sides of the console. Something that made it look like the console was made of stone.

YungShep said:

March 7th, 6:12 am

this compliments my tv very very well……..UGH……..

day 1 owners never get the goods. ever! lol. i might have to sell my current ps4 pro to get this one…this really goes well with my tv and i have god of war preordered already…look at the avatar <3

B-boyDEZ said:

March 7th, 9:59 pm

Do it, I just sold my pro for 350 and sold the copy of the game for 50. I’m only paying taxes at this point. And my stone mason edition.

zeothedeathgod said:

March 7th, 7:12 am

Why don’t you guys sell more controllers? Microsoft let’s people customize their own for a bit more. They also have a couple themed designs.
I love the colored controllers and have had 4 since launch (i recently had two break and have been looking for two more controllers), but not a single controller I really care for. Looking at the crystal controllers but have wondered why you don’t sell controllers that advertise your games more? They are always part of a bundle. I would love to buy a God of War controller, or Horizon controller, or Bloodborne or anything like that. Feel like it’s a very big missed opportunity. Would love to see more playstation stuff out there.

FunnyTaco said:

March 7th, 7:35 am

Looks sick!

think_sno11 said:

March 7th, 8:17 am

Aaaaaaaaaand pre-ordered!
I’ve been wanting a PRO for a while now and I’m glad I waited.

Big_Evil_Donut said:

March 7th, 8:41 am

Sony take my money! Lol. I have the CE preordered and would love to get this console but I’m just not sure I could justify this.

Nsukgaju_Iro_X said:

March 7th, 11:22 am

Very nice… I Swear.. PS has the best exclusives games… Between this, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4 (Just picked up) and all the backlog stuff… I should be good for now.

Praxcelis said:

March 7th, 2:23 pm

Looks much nicer than the Battlefront II model I just bought. I don’t much care for branded models though. I just bought the one I have because it would have been stupid to pay the same price for the regular PS4 Pro.

Hallow32 said:

March 7th, 7:11 pm

Wow! Sorry IMO this looks awful. I like the controller tho.

HaniketZ said:

March 7th, 7:15 pm

That’s a nice, but a bit disappointing in general… it seems like Sony doesn’t want to go unique in the western world as it usually goes in Japan.
Aside from MGSV, Destiny and Dragon Quest special editions, it’s likely players will have to be happy with skins and their own tunning only. =\

oxycarter420 said:

March 7th, 7:47 pm

I would love too buy…. all i need is one of you guys to buy me a 4k tv . Come on i dare yeahs

Havoc571 said:

March 7th, 9:17 pm

I want it NOW!

B-boyDEZ said:

March 7th, 9:55 pm

Ordered the Stone Mason Edition. And now I got this pre-ordered. It looks sweet. I got lucky I was able to sell my regular pro for $350 and my extra copy of the game for $50. Can’t wait to walk out of GameStop like a BOSS!!! Haha

Neochris1521 said:

March 7th, 11:14 pm

The design is nice but it’s a little bit too simple for the franchise of THE GOD OF WAR. I was expecting something more bad ass to as if stand out of the crowd.

G44time4fiesta said:

March 9th, 8:13 am

I would have loved to see the Special Edition of God of War PS4 have the colors and design of Kratos. As for the controller, I like how the color and design looks.
Can’t wait for the game to come out. “God of War” fan.

ThexConjurer said:

March 9th, 10:58 am

I want this so bad!

Roadawgedawg said:

March 12th, 6:14 am

Its ok and all but 1 USB? Why is that?

PAGE 1 2