PlayStation VR

Mar 19

Mar 19

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Demo is Back at PlayStation Store

Download the demo and get a head start on the conclusion to Kiryu's story. Your progress will carry over to the full game!

Jacob Nahin's Avatar Posted by Senior PR Manager, Sega of America

We’ve got good news for the Yakuza fans out there: we’re happy to confirm that the demo for Yakuza 6: The Song of Life is back and ready to download at PlayStation Store.

Whether you played it during its initial release or you download it today for the first time, your save data will still carry over to the full version of Yakuza 6: The Song of Life when it releases on April 17. Any Trophies you earn in the demo will need to be re-earned, but hopefully you won’t mind performing a few more feats of thug-bashing strength! And of course, nothing will happen to your account if you already downloaded and played it before.

For those who are jumping into the demo, here’s what you need to know:

Our main protagonist, Kazuma Kiryu, has been in prison for three years, serving for past crimes. When he gets out, he discovers his ward and surrogate daughter, Haruka, is missing, so he sets off to Kamurocho to find out what happened to her. It’s pretty heavy stuff, so we’ve made sure he has plenty to do to take his mind off things in this demo.

First things first: it’s time for some karaoke. Playable in the demo, this rhythm minigame lets you enjoy Kiryu’s majestic singing voice as he belts out tunes from songs like “Today is a Diamond.” (In the full game, you’ll also have the chance to see some zany interludes if you score high enough!)

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Once you are done with the karaoke bar, stop by the cat café, which has a problem of its own for you to solve. All of the cats are missing and it is up to Kiryu to find them and get this cat café up and running again! You’ll start rescuing these adorable felines from the streets of Kamurocho, and unlike cats in real life, they’ll appreciate it too.

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Finally, it’s time to wrap up the day with a workout. Hit up the RIZAP gym—an actual gym brand in Japan—to do some squats. At the RIZAP gym, your personal trainer will measure your progress and assign a healthy meal plan, all in an effort to buff up the strength and endurance of Kiryu.

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

One final note: all of these activities will confer experience to Kiryu, giving you the chance to unlock new heat actions and build up your stats, and as mentioned, all of this progress will transfer to the full game upon its release on April 17!

If you’d like to get more of the backstory on Kiryu and the Yakuza series before jumping into its rich world, take a look at this primer we did or visit our Yakuza Experience site where you can get up to speed with the digital comic series and timeline and character map tools!

Add Your Own

SiloEyes said:

March 19th, 9:40 am

If we played shortly past the cut off for the demo during the initial release, how does that work picking it back up again with our save? Just dropped into the city as is with no further quest progression available?

Jacob Nahin's Avatar

Jacob Nahin said:

March 19th, 9:58 am

Great question. The demo should be unable to load save data past that point, but the full game will be able to load it just fine.

Otterpoet said:

March 19th, 9:50 am

Yes! Only got to play an couple of hours, but was utterly hooked. Need to get back to my Virtua Fighter (Seriously, I spent most of my time just chilling in the arcade XD )

Jacob Nahin's Avatar

Jacob Nahin said:

March 19th, 9:57 am

Have fun @Otterpoet! Don’t miss the substories!

MidnightDragonDX said:

March 19th, 10:00 am

Glad to see this back!

Cammy0896 said:

March 19th, 10:18 am

Will the demo be available to download in the UK? Or is it only available in America?

super_gyasi said:

March 19th, 10:22 am

I can’t wait to play this! It’s gonna be an awesome game to play, and it releases 5 days before my birthday, so it will make an awesome birthday gift for me!

Alucard-XII said:

March 19th, 10:52 am

I just want to say thank you for bringing this game and Kiwami 2 to English. I will surely buy them both and play them as I did with 0 and Kiwami 1.

Also, would love to see a remaster of Yakuza 3 – 5. I’m yet to play 5 and need to do that before playing 6, and although I have it on PS3, I would still rather wait and see if it ever comes to PS4 first.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

March 19th, 12:06 pm

Hopefully remasters of 3-5 are in the works.

Unopened_Letter said:

March 19th, 1:34 pm

God I hope not, Kiwami was a garbage remake.

Welmosca said:

March 20th, 12:18 am

Not needed…1 and 2 were PS2 games,so it was a good idea to re-make them.The others literally don’t need it,I hope Sega don’t jump on th recycled train.

Alucard-XII said:

March 20th, 12:49 am

He’s asking for remastered ports, not remakes. Would be for those who don’t own PS3 and / or prefer to play on PS4 with higher resolution (Yakuza 5 was 720p, not sure about the rest). Would also be good to have all main entries on a single platform.

Shadow_Skarr said:

March 19th, 5:38 pm

Will I need to download the full game when it releases or will the full game unlock from the demo? I already have this preordered and am just wondering if I can save myself a few hour download time

mikelllthegamer said:

March 26th, 11:54 am

You can just download the game

Welmosca said:

March 20th, 12:20 am

Damn when I heard about the demo I rushed to the Store to download it but it wasn’t there anymore,actually thought it was a lie that the demo was ever available in the US Store.Really looking forward to play the demo since it’ll take me a while to actually buy and even more to play 6 since I’m too behind on the series.

One thing has me worried though…you earn trophies on the demo?…any way to turn that off?…I mean we shouldn’t get trophies from a demo lol.

iyobakti said:

March 21st, 1:48 am

The full game was released yesterday here in Asia. Don’t know about other region tho. Looking forward to start playing it tonight. :)

TeamRival said:

March 22nd, 9:19 pm

Why are my trophies being taken away? I don’t understand, makes no sense if I have the save to start off of. Looks goofy if I’m only getting trophies past the point I played