Knack 2

Mar 28

Mar 28

PlayStation VR Now Available at a Great Value, Starting at $299.99 USD

Thinking about jumping into the world of virtual reality? Now's your chance!

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIE

We have some great news for those who have been waiting to jump into PlayStation VR. Starting tomorrow, March 29, we’re reducing the MSRP of PS VR, now starting at $299.99 USD/379.99 CAD (MSRP). This new pricing provides an even greater value for PlayStation fans at a perfect time, with must-play PS VR titles like Moss and Sprint Vector. There is also plenty to look forward to this year like Firewall Zero Hour, Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, WipEout Omega Collection, Blood & Truth and many others.

Here are the PS VR bundles included in the MSRP reduction.

PlayStation VR Doom VFR Bundle

$299.99 USD/379.99 CAD (MSRP)
Originally $399.99 USD/499.99 CAD (MSRP)

• Includes a PS VR headset, PlayStation Camera, PS VR Demo Disc 2.0 and the Doom VFR Blu-ray Disc. Doom VFR brings the fast-paced, kinetic gameplay fans of the series love as an all-new virtual reality experience.

PlayStation VR The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Bundle

$349.99 USD/449.99 CAD (MSRP)
Originally $449.99 USD/579.99 CAD (MSRP)

• Includes the PS VR headset, PlayStation Camera, two PlayStation Move controllers, the PS VR Demo Disc 2.0 and the Skyrim VR core game and all official add-ons. Skyrim VR brings to life the epic open world of The Elder Scrolls in an immersive virtual reality experience.

This year on PS VR it’s all about the content, with more than 180 games and experiences expected to launch by the end of the year, adding to a catalog of 220 PS VR supported titles already available in the U.S. Check out our list of games coming this spring. Whether you’re into action/adventure, horror, puzzles or racing, PS VR’s deep content lineup will allow you to discover an entirely new world of play.

So, which PS VR titles are you looking forward to playing?

Add Your Own

happyinc_lt said:

March 28th, 1:13 am

so where to buy…?

KBG29 said:

March 28th, 2:50 am

Excellent news. Keep on making this medium more and more accessable. The jump from TV and Dual Shock to PSVR and PS Move is the biggest advancement I have expereinced in 30 years of gaming.

Really hope we get more from the 1st party studios going forward. Gran Turismo Sport is great, but we need more content (especially the ability to earn Cash and Expereince in VR). I would also love to see Killzone remastered for VR.

Also please be open to bringing non gaming and entertainment apps to both the PS4 and PSVR. It would be great to have Maya, Photoshop, Sony’s Movie and Music Editing software, and much more. Let us be creative on PlayStation, let PlayStation reach new audiences.

Keep up the great work!

Tomoprime said:

March 28th, 4:33 am

I hope they bring back a huge VR game sale. Will April’s Free Plus games have more VR titles?

SirRealDeal said:

March 28th, 9:10 am

I forget. Does Trackmania Turbo have a VR mode?

That’s one of April’s games.

SirRealDeal said:

March 28th, 9:19 am

Just checked.

Trackmania Turbo has some VR content.

But reviews of that content are not good.

steevoeevo said:

March 28th, 5:00 am

This is great news, now as long as the retailers honor the MSRP and scalpers stay busy with something else we should be in good shape. No offense but that holiday sale that came back for, what was it, 2 weeks hardly seemed like 2 weeks. Most days the stores were either out of stock or simply selling them for $50 or so above the sale price. I still look forward to getting a VR headset hopefully before summer starts.

Elway358 said:

March 28th, 5:08 am

Even this isn’t cheap enough for many(including myself) to bother with it. “VR” is still a gimmicky, pick it up for an hour and forget it kind of thing. The tech is still nowhere near acceptable for most. Maybe one day before I die…

SirRealDeal said:

March 28th, 5:47 am

Hahahahaha.

It’s always those who haven’t experienced the best of PSVR who make ignorant comments like the one above.

I won’t get into the long list of phenomenal games & experiences available for PSVR.

But I’ll bring up a couple… Moss. Can sit in that world from beginning to end with an earto ear grin the whole time.

Sparc™. Whoop butt continuously for hours at a time.

And of course, today is the day… Wipeout Omega Collection VR !

‘Nuff said.

CrusaderForever said:

March 28th, 7:35 am

You have no clue if you haven’t actually tried it. It’s an amazing experience! You just need to try and you will become a fan instantly.

CrusaderForever said:

March 28th, 7:38 am

@SirRealDeal

Nice, Moss is so good!! I too just couldn’t get over how beautiful the world was. I just was in awe the whole time I played it. The game play was so fun as well. Looking forward to going through it again and the sequel!

Develongevity said:

March 28th, 2:19 pm

So nice to see more people getting called out on these ignorant, close-minded takes on PSVR. I’ve never seen a bigger gap in testimony about a product when it comes to those who own it and those who don’t. “The tech is still nowhere near acceptable for most.” Meanwhile, the overwhelming majority of people who own it, love it. The truth of the matter is, those who are dismissing it aren’t doing so based on realistic evaluation of the product. More great games have come out this year so far for PSVR than some consoles.

KnightRid said:

March 29th, 2:30 am

I agree Elway! I HAVE tried it and it is nowhere near a true experience like it should be plus it triggers motion sickness in me so why would I want to use something like that? Where are the games? I know there are some but if this was a revolutionary idea/product then why are they not making every single game with VR? Hmmm, might want to talk to some people about that one to understand that hardware sales seem to not be turning into massive titles sales. Price point should be $99 with a game and go on sale for $79 or under at points throughout the year. I would pick one up for $100 but not any more.

Good article to read – https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/26/this-vr-cycle-is-dead/

I would have thought the VR titles would be so overwhelming by now that everyone would HAVE to own a VR headset or give up on gaming….it hasn’t happened. If it doesn’t happen soon then the VR world will be thrown even further onto a back burner and be a niche product like the move controllers were.

Develongevity said:

March 29th, 1:18 pm

@KnightRid

1. Motion sickness from VR isn’t a continual condition. You get motion sick because your brain isn’t used to the experience. If you actually owned the hardware and used it regularly, you’d be looking back on the time you got motion sick.

2. “it’s nothing like the true experience it should be.” This type of comment doesn’t even make sense to me. It’s the FIRST generation of console based VR. Was the NES not what it should be, just because it was POSSIBLE to IMAGINE wireless controllers and flat screen tvs?

3. Of course you’re not going to see every game come out be a VR project. That seems along the lines of your previous comment on unreasonable expectation simply meant to justify your dismissal of the product. You can say both “i’m not buying it because of my excuses” and also wonder why every game isn’t coming out for it. Business, of course.

4. Even though every game isn’t coming out for VR, there is PLENTY of software support, and good software at that. As I said before, the outlook for just this year is larger than some consoles. The product is priced perfectly for the completely fresh experience it provides.

Berae said:

March 28th, 6:29 am

Great news, but I am still waiting for the price to be 299$CAD. I still have not tried it but it looks promising from what I saw.

SirRealDeal said:

March 28th, 9:07 am

What’s to come looks even more promising.

Do you like Rainbow Six Seige?

Look up Firewall: Zero Hour.

Counter Strike?

Look up Zero Killed.

I understand there hasn’t been the ‘killer app’ so many hope for. But Wipeout Omega Collection VR comes close. As will the two games above if actual gameplay is as good as the gameplay I’ve seen in the available videos.

Anyone with a full seat & steering wheel set up (or not, even)… Dirt Rally VR is King on PSVR. Driveclub VR is a close second. In my opinion, of course.

And now Gran Turismo Sport VR has time trials mode.

PSVR only gets better with time. Love it.

And once again… WIPEOUT VR ! ! !

CrusaderForever said:

March 28th, 7:42 am

Nice move Sony! To all the gamers that have not tried it yet…………DO IT NOW! It’s a phenomenal experience that has to be experienced to believe. Moss, Sprint Vector, Arch Angel, Raw Data, Mortal Blitz and of course Farpoint are all awesome games. I picked mine up on sale for $289 and would have gladly paid $399 with what I know now.

g0m3z7809 said:

March 28th, 7:45 am

I believe this applies for US only, right?

TooLoud said:

March 28th, 12:13 pm

Are headset first gen or 2nd?

SLEEPLESS_KNIGHT said:

March 28th, 3:52 pm

This is great news! Although I bought my PSVR Doom bundle March 2nd because it was $100 off in Canada from $499.99 to $399.99. Now a mere 3 weeks later it’s permanently dropped to $379.99…Can I get my $20 back In all seriousness though I love PSVR as it’s TRUE revolution – unlike 4K which is simply an evolution. Now please have another big VR games sale to go along with the price drop.

MrSignal said:

March 28th, 9:51 pm

It’s been less than a month, you try contacting the company you bought it from yet?

Most of them are usually cool within a month.

MirrorCanvas said:

March 28th, 9:26 pm

Looking for friends to game with add me if youre doing the same. Im mature lol

cusman said:

March 29th, 5:15 am

For those getting new PSVR, here are my recommendations from the PSVR games I have played and enjoyed

Lethal VR (Dual PS Move)
Superhot VR (Dual PS Move)
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (Dual PS Move)
Raw Data (Dual PS Move)
Arizona Sunshine (DS4, Dual PS Move, or Aim Controller. Online Co-Op option)
Farpoint (Aim controller. Online Co-Op option)
Moss (DS4)
Rez Infinite (DS4)
Sparc (Dual PS Move. Online Competitive)
Fruit Ninja VR (Dual PS Move)
Star Trek: Bridge Crew (Dual PS Move. Online Co-Op)

player1 said:

March 29th, 9:39 am

Ready!

Welmosca said:

March 30th, 12:19 am

Put the price at $200…then you can use “Great value” and PSVR in the same sentence.

rafail129 said:

April 3rd, 1:51 pm

Ok, it’s good news. But! Sony please update PS MOVE!! Make analog sticks and tracking for 360!
PS VR very-very good VR headset, but PS MOVE- devices of the epoch ps3(
Соррян если не грамотно пишу.