PlayStation VR

Apr 03

Apr 03

PlayStation Now April Lineup: Homefront, Saints Row, More

Homefront: The Revolution and the PS4 version of Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell lead this month's streaming lineup.

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Manager, PlayStation Now

This month we’ve got a diverse batch of new action, shooter, racing games and more hitting PlayStation Now, ready for you to stream to your PlayStation 4 and PC. Joining the library of more than 600 games – including more than 150 PS4 games – are Homefront: The Revolution, F1 2016, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, The Unfinished Swan, Mantis Burn Racing, and more.

New This Month

You are the revolution in Homefront: The Revolution. In an alternate future, build a resistance against the occupying North Korean army in your hometown of Philadelphia. Explore an open world environment, scavenge supplies and modify your weapons and equipment as you start a new revolution.

This month we are upgrading the PS3 version of the open world action game Saints Row: Gat out of Hell to the PS4 version. Play as either Johnny Gat or Kinzie as you tear apart Hell in a quest to save the Boss’ soul. Historical icons, old friends, older enemies, a talking gun, a full length musical number, and a whole lot of other shenanigans all await you in this open world standalone expansion playground. Soar through the air on fallen angel’s wings, and wage war in the five unique districts of hell any way you want.

Get ready to create your own legend and go deeper into the world of the most prestigious motorsport than ever before, with F1 2016, the official videogame of the 2016 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Featuring the full 2016 season calendar of 21 tracks and the full roster of 22 drivers and 11 teams, F1 2016 lets you work with your agent, engineer and team to develop your car in the deepest ever career experience, spanning up to ten seasons. Forge your own path to glory, and rise to be the champion.

With the indie hit The Unfinished Swan, explore a mysterious all-white landscape by splatting paint to reveal the world around you. As Monroe, a 10-year-old orphan, you’ll follow a swan that’s stepped out of an unfinished painting and wandered off into a surreal, storybook-inspired kingdom. Each chapter brings surprises, new ways to explore the world, a host of bizarre (and sometimes dangerous) creatures, and encounters with the eccentric king who built this empire.

Omega Quintet is a hybrid RPG and idol simulation where five idols wield Sound Weapons against the dark forces of the world. Build up an arsenal of attacks, get the crowd’s pulse racing with extraordinary skills, and then get them on their feet with a live performance! Customize your idols’ outfits, accessories, hair and more, and enter battle where every fight is a performance and the audience always wants more!

The race is on in Mantis Burn Racing, where fast-paced bumper-to-bumper racing combines with intuitive, tactile gameplay and stunning visuals in one of the most immersive top-down racers around. With a RPG-style upgrade system providing players with deep tactical choices, this is racing at its rawest but most exciting! Features 4-player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to eight players (PlayStation Plus not required for online play through PS Now).

Here are all the new games available to stream on PS4 and PC starting today. We’ve got action, open-world, racing, shooters, puzzle and indie games, unique Japanese imports, and more.

April’s New PS Now Additions

• Fallout: New Vegas
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
  • The Last of Us
  • God of War 3 Remastered
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Payday 2 Crimewave Edition

If you haven’t given PlayStation Now a try yet, check out the seven-day free trial for PS4 and PC to experience the streaming service for yourself. PS Now provides unlimited on-demand access to a growing library of over 600 games, with new games added every month, and no game downloads required. PS4 save data in PS Now is also compatible with PS Plus cloud saves, so you can upload/download save files to and from your own console.

Stay tuned to PS Blog for more PlayStation Now updates. Happy gaming!

Add Your Own

Duck_mann86 said:

April 3rd, 8:43 am

I would just like to know why PlayStation All-Stars hasn’t been added to this service yet? Almost every other PS3 exclusive is on PS Now except for All-Stars which is very disappointing, Could you please let us know if it is coming or not?

Sora9669 said:

April 3rd, 1:32 pm

@Duck_mann86 there’s actually a fair number of 1st party PS3 games not on PS Now. One PS3 gen Ratchet & Clank game, the Jak & Ratchet remasters, Resistance 1 & 2, LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2…

IgorNeVeSc said:

April 3rd, 8:48 am

I wonder… Sony will never release PS now in South America?

nikrel said:

April 3rd, 9:17 am

I’d subscribe to PSNow if the titles were downloadable and playable from my hard drive.

Tatanka2007 said:

April 3rd, 3:30 pm

I agree. I have zero interest in streaming a sub-par gaming experience, especially at a premium price. Even if you have the fastest connection, that doesn’t guarantee a lag free experience. Most importantly, everything in downgraded: 720p, stereo audio (no Dolby Digital), DLC you might already own doesn’t work, etc., etc. Xbox Game Pass doesn’t have the catalog depth yet, but you get the actual game and not a downgraded version that isn’t compatible with existing DLC. And Game Pass is half the cost of PS Now.

PS_man1984 said:

April 10th, 5:08 pm

@Tatanka2007 The point of streaming is it allows you to play your games on whatever device you own. Currently PS Now supports PS4 and Windows, and you can’t exactly download PS4/PS3 games to a PC. If the service was expanded to smartphones and smart TV’s it would make owning a console completely pointless. Why buy an expensive console or upgrade a PC every few years when you can game on any device you want? Plus I’m tired of spending $30-$60 on a single game when a subscription gives me everything I want for a low monthly price.

It’s why services like Netflix and Spotify are popular, you get a catalog of content and can use it on whatever device you want. It’s time videogames broke free from hardware shackles too.

UltiGamer500 said:

April 3rd, 10:00 am

@Brian Dunn Good titles added this month. And I like to see more PS3>PS4 upgrades. But when are we going to be able to play these games in 1080p? If there’s anything I’d like to see happen with PS Now, it’s the option to stream in 1080p fill fidelity.

gohan16ken said:

April 3rd, 10:55 am

All I want is God of War 3 be available to be download on PS3.

Pernarcale said:

April 3rd, 11:14 am

I signed up for Playstation Now last week and I have to say I am quite impressed with it. I believe they have improved the service since I last tried it when it was in beta. Browsing around on the web I can find little other than negative reviews about it, but I honestly find it to be an enjoyable playing experience. I have well over the recommended network requirements and the visual and audio quality is nice and only the pickiest of games has any real noticeable input lag.

I actually find that I enjoy the fact that the games are streamed as opposed to locally downloaded and installed. The 500GB HDD in my PS4 filled up so fast this generation I had to purchase an external 4TB HDD, which is also filling up way too fast. PlayStation Now helps with this problem.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

April 3rd, 11:44 am

Thanks, I’m glad you’re enjoying the service so far! Yes, that’s definitely one of the key advantages of streaming versus downloading first.

Pernarcale said:

April 7th, 7:08 am

I forgot to add that I think most of the pricing options are too high. $100 for a year seems like a good value, but $45 for three months and certainly $20 for one month, is too much.

I’ve also noticed that games leave the service sometimes for whatever reason. That’s a bit of a problem for me. Also, games will sometimes be upgraded from the PS3 version to the PS4 version. While that seems like a good thing at first, it becomes a problem for me if it’s a PS3 game I’m trying to get all the trophies on.

Again, I’m impressed with the progress of the service. I don’t think game streaming will replace locally installed games until the video/audio quality and input lag are equal to locally installed games. It’s certainly enjoyable, but it’s not quite there yet.

Pernarcale said:

April 8th, 7:52 am

I’ve also noticed that you can’t voice chat with others in multiplayer PS3 (haven’t tested PS4, but likely those as well) games. That is a HUGE problem in multilayer. Also, if it’s a game you have purchased DLC for, the DLC isn’t available.

As much as I’m impressed with the service, it will have to be equal to locally running games to be accepted.

PS_man1984 said:

April 10th, 5:06 pm

Dethfuse said:

April 3rd, 11:59 am

Excited to play the original Homefront game. Never managed to play that back in the day. Any word on adding PS1 and PS2 games to the service? I know it’s been a while with no more info.

UltiGamer500 said:

April 3rd, 12:08 pm

Yeah, I’ve never played it either. So it’ll be cool to try it out on here. But they should add the “PS2 on PS4” games to PS Now. Or at least the PlayStation exclusives. And more PS2 remasters and HD Collections in general. They have quite a few now, like the God of War, DMC, silent hill, and sly Cooper collection. But there are A LOT more HD PS2 games out there.

wolfing69 said:

April 3rd, 7:49 pm

Awesome, great month! I love JRPGs and we got two, keep them coming!
I hope they’ll add some missing ones like Atelier Meruru and Totori (list includes Atelier Rorona but then skips those 2 and then continues from Atelier Ayesha). Also I hope they add the first Neptunia games.

Daxster13 said:

April 3rd, 8:46 pm

In Ps Now im not sure if this is possible but i’d like to see skate 2 be added to ps now library or Full auto battlelines2 or Modnation racers.

SegaMan25 said:

April 3rd, 11:14 pm

I’am from Germany and very interested for this Service but the Games still there are not so good to take’it.
Please give Us Games like Gran Turismo 4-6 for the PSNow or much better upgraded for the PS4 System.

vern9311 said:

April 3rd, 11:18 pm

I’ve really wanted to retry this. I tried it early on and the list if games were very small and it had some bugs. Not interested in paying for that same experience. But I’ve heard it’s gotten better recently

wolfing69 said:

April 4th, 6:03 am

If you tried it early on I suggest try it again. The list is like over 500 games with like 7-10 added monthly. Obviously the performance depends on many things like your ISP, your speed, your location, etc. I can only speak for my personal experience and it’s working flawlessly since I joined in January.

SlayerOfGames said:

April 4th, 9:59 am

“Sigh” yet another abysmal monthly offering, the previous months you offered some really good stuff. Like the Bethesda games. But recently it’s been horrible. Last month it was Battleborn and this month it’s APB?! I have had both Xbox Game Pass and PS Now. And I can tell you that Xbox Game Pass is the better of the two subscriptions. It’s half the price of PS Now. And it offers new game releases Sea Of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3. And PS Now offers ??? Well instead of continually complaining about PS Now. I did the right thing, by answering with my wallet. And I canceled my subscription. Maybe one day I might come back? But with the current offerings? I highly doubt I will.

clArk_kEnt037 said:

April 4th, 8:10 pm

Dude!!!! Why is there no dead space on ps now??? Bad enough they won’t remaster them. Lol!!!

Jazzeli2 said:

April 8th, 1:49 pm

Still waiting on working PC version, bloody thing doesnt even load on win10

ayear9116 said:

April 15th, 12:01 pm

Hi!

livehigher123 said:

April 26th, 3:14 pm

There is a glitch where you playing any game n its just constant lag where u cant even play the game without getting mad cus lag every few seconds i hope it was fixed cus its a waste of money at that point n was axcited to play the games untill that constat lag the month is almost over for the member ship n just wasted money at that point ima get on it again since i havne tgot on it since the first day i tried it tp se eif it might of been fixed if not that will be the last time i pay for it sadly great thing ya got going on tho all those games n all but so unfortunate that that is happening