Knack 2

Apr 09

Apr 09

PlayStation Store: March’s Top Downloads

Highlights include Far Cry 5, MLB The Show 18, and A Way Out at the top of the PS4 chart, Moss for PS VR, and Fortnite Battle Royale at the top of the free-to-play list.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Three huge new releases, three top spots on the PS4 chart. Ubisoft’s latest open-world chaos simulator Far Cry 5 reigned supreme in PS4 download numbers last month, followed by San Diego Studio’s newest entry in the fabled MLB The Show series. Finally, Hazelight’s bold new co-op prison break adventure A Way Out rounded out the top three.

Shout out to my new best friend Quill, whose itty-bitty adventure Moss sits atop the PlayStation VR chart for March. Persona 4 Golden is numero uno for PS Vita, and — surprise! — Fortnite Battle Royale was the most popular free-to-play title for the month.

Reminder: These charts are based on number of downloads, not revenue, and you can find them all collected at this PlayStation Store page. See you next month!

PS4 Games
8 Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy
9 Manhunt
10 Max Payne

Add Your Own

J_KINGDOM_23 said:

April 9th, 7:51 am

Surprising seeing NBA Live on there. The game must have been on sale for pretty cheap.

JMBlakk said:

April 9th, 9:35 am

I think it was less than $5, I was kinda mad I didn’t wait for a price drop like that. The game is ok, soundtrack is better than 2k this year in my opinion, but overall the game still has bugs but its still playable. I am someone who doesn’t play sports simulators but I did grab this one because I wanted to complete an 82-game season which I only 3-weeks behind the actual season so I’m in a good position.

focaldragonfly23 said:

April 9th, 10:45 pm

Yup it went on sale for like 3.99

gohan16ken said:

April 9th, 8:49 am

Why is still buying GTA5?

Lvndscape____ said:

April 9th, 10:46 am

How about doing Promo for Wipeout Omega VR Collection VR Update in your USA and international Stores ? It is dissaponting to see how your PSVR responsible Game Marketing Department works. So many people are concerning about that at Reddit PSVR .

Where is the marketing Campagne at your Webstore for Wipeout Omega VR ? It should have a Big Banner and also a Big Banner at the PSN PSVR Store . Who cares if its a Update Patch , its the Full Game in VR so add it to the Webstore VR Section International Thx

axiomatiq said:

April 9th, 2:29 pm

I agree! XDev Studios did SUCH a brilliant job with Wipeout and created one of the absolute best things for PSVR, and it’s very sad to see it go unrecognized by so many. It isn’t even listed in the VR section of the store where I am (in Canada), let alone promoted. XDev deserves better.

As someone who wants to see great VR software (and VR in general) succeed, I’d love to see Sony put some weight behind it – it’s been such a missed opportunity so far.

peatawan1 said:

April 30th, 7:44 pm

Absolutely!! I’ve owned two of the three games in this Omega collection and passed up when it was released even tho I loved this series. It wasn’t until I found out about the VR patch that I finally bought it. Yesterday! Put a few hours into it last night and it’s just incredible in VR.
    A VR experience that everyone should know about.
    Sony really needs to market this VR version of Wipeout already!

Smackboy03 said:

April 11th, 9:56 am

How come burnout paradise remastered wasn’t on there? I was expecting it at least top 10!

TheCanonGuy said:

April 13th, 7:59 pm

40 bucks for a 10 year old game is not fantastic, and being an open world game, perhaps it is not the most interesting one to play. People remember Burnot 3 Takedown as the favourite.

chutoi20 said:

May 9th, 7:01 am

WipEout Omega VR is simply fantastic, the long-awaited PSVR game that needed it after the critical flops of sloppy The Inpatient and Bravo Team from Supermassive Games and Ark Park. It is especially the general realization of the game which surprises: the graphics, the special effects, the feeling of speed, … everything is mastered, to wonder if one is well on PlayStation VR! Maybe this is the most emblematic game of what the VR can offer, even if other games already prove the phenomenal interest of this techno.

____________________________________________________