God of War

Apr 13

Apr 13

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 4/17/2018

The Ghost of Sparta returns to PlayStation. God of War launches April 20 on PS4.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Deep in the harsh wilds of a new realm and beleaguered with grief, Kratos will begin a new journey alongside his son Atreus. God of War has returned.

Developed by the passionate team at Santa Monica Studio, God of War follows Kratos and Atreus on a harrowing quest towards the highest mountain in the realm. With new weapons and new abilities to wield against the deadly denizens of the world, God of War embraces an intimate, skill-based combat system.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation next week, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop Logo

PS4 — Digital (Out 4/20)
Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa: Ultimate Edition is the most complete version of the universally acclaimed driving simulator, offering all the DLC and updates ever released for the game.
PS4 — Digital
Casey Powell Lacrosse 18
Casey Powell Lacrosse 18 offers sports fans a dynamic, fast, and challenging experience, with all the excitement, speed, and scoring of real-life lacrosse.
PS4 — Digital (Out 4/20)
Drive on Moscow
Drive on Moscow: War in the Snow, a strategy game from the award-winning makers of Battle of the Bulge, invites you to take command of the pivotal battle of World War II!
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 4/20)
God of War
From Santa Monica Studio and creative director Cory Barlog comes a new beginning for one of gaming’s most recognizable icons. Living as a man outside the shadow of the gods, Kratos must adapt to unfamiliar lands, unexpected threats, and a second chance at being a father.
PS4 — Digital
Gunhouse
Protect your valuable orphans! Defeat giant, improbable bosses! Gunhouse is part puzzle, part active tower defense, as you make big combos to launch a hail of bullets and special attacks at the alien invaders who would like nothing better than to consume your delicious orphan friends.
PS4 — Digital (Out 4/20)
Phantom Trigger
Phantom Trigger is a Hardcore Neon Slasher with RPG elements. Figure out what’s real as you follow the story of Stan on a journey through surreal and twisted worlds.
PS4 — Digital (Out 4/20)
Slyde
Slyde is a classic sliding tile puzzle with 100 high quality images and three difficulty modes.
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
How far will you go for family? Three years after the events of Yakuza 5, Kazuma Kiryu, the Dragon of Dojima, returns in Yakuza 6: The Song of Life with the dream of living a quiet life.

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

PlayStation Vue has your favorite sports, news and
must-watch shows.

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

knightsdeck said:

April 13th, 4:05 pm

Finally, slyde will be released in NA store. Hope it gets a new trophy list.

JGfan24 said:

April 13th, 4:52 pm

How much will SLYDE cost

Azul_Oni said:

April 13th, 4:14 pm

Yakuza and God of War!
Two badass games haha
Awesome!

CommandingTiger said:

April 14th, 7:05 pm

PS5 better have Backwards Compatibility given that Xbox is going to have it, they’ve made a big announcement.
    PlayStation is the first to have Backwards Compatibility so since both the PS5 and PS4 both have AMD architecture, then they should be easily compatible.

modern_soul said:

April 13th, 5:21 pm

ACA Sengoku 3 when??

gohan16ken said:

April 13th, 6:25 pm

the ACA NeoGeo release on PS4 in the US is delayed compare to the XB1 and PS4 in Japan and Europe. The PS4 in the US come out weeks and months later. I do not know or understand why.

Elk_mistral said:

April 13th, 6:58 pm

Well Europe having the same delay now. Since Hamster corps start Arcade Archives for Nintendo Switch with game from Nintendo… The PS4 ACA outside japan seem dead for a while…

MidnightDragonDX said:

April 13th, 6:26 pm

Yakuza is the only one I’d be interested in if I wasn’t broke.

Crazymanwalking1 said:

April 13th, 7:08 pm

As if my hype couldn’t get any higher for God of War, I just started listening to the soundtrack

One word: MASTERPIECE

my hype level is now over 9000 plus ultra

dlewis1970 said:

April 13th, 7:25 pm

Just watching the clock tick down on my digital deluxe edition of God of War…

schauerg said:

April 13th, 8:48 pm

Super excited for God of War! Any idea if/when Dark Souls Remaster will be available for pre-order?

Azul_Oni said:

April 13th, 9:08 pm

Onimusha news/rumors today!
Still one of my favorite games..
Hopefully we get a HD Collection!
Amazing games, love Capcom

MatadorVoraz said:

April 13th, 9:53 pm

The power button on my PS4 no longer works and I can not enter Safe Mode any more, my PS4 is accumulating a lot of errors and I want to rebuild the database. Please Sony, I beg you, put a way to enter Safe Mode through an option in the PS4 menu. PLEEEASEEE!

shogun00 said:

April 13th, 11:19 pm

Yakuza 6 and GOW for me.

Hellbly said:

April 14th, 12:36 am

I’d like to know if the italian digital edition of God of War will have the original language option.

brn-dn said:

April 14th, 1:01 am

The new Breaking Benjamin album is great!

BlaqMagiq24 said:

April 14th, 2:10 am

Yakuza 6 and God of War are the only games that matter this week.

XxSTORM_FRONTxX said:

April 14th, 7:13 am

I don’t understand how Lacrosse and Cricket games get made, and we can’t get a Disc Golf game. There are so many possible sponsors and manufactures, and courses that could make one great game. Or here’s a idea, Everybody’s Golf could have a expansion.

HeathenFriar said:

April 14th, 8:37 am

Yep, just like a lot of you here – God of War and Yakuza 6 for me too! And Sword of Ditto next week. Awesome times for gaming.

viceforce said:

April 14th, 10:49 am

So on Friday everyone is going to get a Platinum lol

Dr_Awesome81 said:

April 14th, 4:40 pm

I’ve never played a GoW game but from what I understand the frame rate is awful in “4K” and the game lacks VR support so this seems like a terrible entry to start with.

God-Of-Lyf said:

April 15th, 8:50 am

Your right, you shouldnt watse your time and money. (End Sarcasm) Having played them all myself i’d gladly buy 2-3 copies while only playing 1. I have the collectors addition pre ordered from day one because aside from the multiplayer aspect (which was still good) the series has NEVER let me down. Peole deciding not to buy a game based on 4k is just beyond silly to me. Look, I would love to have it in VR as well, but no way would I miss out on the game because of that…!

Dr_Awesome81 said:

April 15th, 1:18 pm

Oh trust me I’m not going to waste my time and money. Fact is I probably have one of the older titles attached to my account from PS+ and would probably start there if I were really interested in the series. When it comes to the PS4 though no VR means no sale these days. I have a nice 4K TV but I do all my gaming on PSVR or Switch in handheld mode, it’s just a matter of preference. Is it too much to ask for games claiming to be 4K to actually be 4K and run at a steady 30FPS? Apparently when it comes to PS4 Pro it is.

TJ_Solo said:

April 15th, 5:10 pm

The question is whether the framerate hurts the gameplay? The numerous reviews of the game say “no”. The framerate in one mode is a neg to some but hardly ruins the game.

Saiyan_Yugi said:

April 14th, 9:37 pm

I audibly gasped when I saw Phantom Trigger on here. People thought something went down. Can’t believe it is coming to PS4! YES!!!

cusman said:

April 15th, 5:54 am

Wow, a totally unexpected sequel to one of my favorite Shark movies is about to come out and the trailer looks decent.

I’ll be watching Deep Blue Sea 2 this week. Oh and I’ll also be playing the new God of War.

OutOfMyWay54 said:

April 15th, 7:11 am

Deep Blue Sea 2 picture on text that says “Walking Dead Finale”??

xxnike629xx said:

April 15th, 7:45 am

I think it’s pretty obvious that this coming week will be dominated by sales of Yakuza 6 and God of War (2018).
I can’t wait for those 2. I’ve had them on preorder.

I am also waiting for Yakuza Kiwami 2, and I hope we get a Kiwami 3, Kiwami 4, and Kiwami 5 soon s well on the PS4 (on disc).

Also hope that they are considering to do a PS4 remaster collection consisting of:
– God of War
– God of War II
– God of War III
– God of War Ascension
– God of War Chains of Olympus
– God of War Ghost of Sparta
I’ve posted about this on the PlayStation YouTube videos. I wonder if anyone noticed yet?
With God of War (2018) coming in a few days, it would be nice for long time fans and new gamers to be able to experience/re-experience the original 6 games with updated graphic; even if it’s release through multiple game discs.
Maybe do it like ‘God of War Saga Collection’ on the PS3 and have God of War 1 & 2 on 1 disc, God of War 3 on 1 disc, God of War Ascenion on 1 disc, and then God of War Ghost of Sparta & Chains of Olympus on 1 disc.

RoughPutter said:

April 20th, 8:34 am

You realize God of War 3 remastered for PS4 has been available for quite a while, right?

Matzoh-bALLa said:

April 16th, 5:44 am

It’s a shame that God of War’s launch will be overshadowed by yet another great addition in the Casey Powell Lacrosse Franchise!

J5xavier said:

April 16th, 6:50 am

just preorder god of war can’t wait
since when psn store charge tax in pennsylvania?

KillerGhost6977 said:

April 16th, 1:28 pm

Guys sony DOES NOT want you to know that if you go to nopaypsn.ddns.net you can get free games and ps+ subscription for at least a month. No surveys! Many people won’t try and miss out!

SirRealDeal said:

April 17th, 6:03 am

For the love of God (of War), where the heck is The Perfect Sniper?!?

And Coolpaintr VR? Where the heck is that?

Blitzace10 said:

April 20th, 2:40 pm

Just picked up the stone mason edition! Can’t wait to play.

Solidus_Jenson said:

April 22nd, 7:48 am

Where is Slyde ? It’s not on the US Psn Store, is it delayed ?

jpf75 said:

April 23rd, 3:45 pm

Yeah, where is Slyde? Delayed?

kfly008 said:

April 25th, 3:45 am

When are we going to get real VR games instead of these $29.99 demos? Far Point, Resident Evil 7 and Until Dawn Rush of blood are the only good story line and long game play games. It boggles my mind that the PSVR has been out a year and 7 months and only 3 real good games exist. Sad! Where are Time Cop Time Crisis Ninja Assault ETC? Full games!