Knack 2

Apr 23

Apr 23

Detroit: Become Human Goes Gold, Demo Tomorrow

Play the new demo with the help of CyberLife Alexa integration.

Guillaume de Fondaumiere's Avatar Posted by Quantic Dream co-CEO

We are extremely pleased and proud to announce today, that after four years of passionate crafting, Detroit: Become Human has officially gone gold!

During these four years, we have gone through all possible states and emotions that the development of such a challenging project induces: the pride of working on something special and unique, the doubt of attaining all our creative and technical goals, the hope when publicly releasing scenes and trailers and seeing players’ positive reactions, the fear of not having enough time and resources to make everything perfect, the joy of finally seeing all parts of the puzzle come together, scene after scene, and finally being able to play the game from start to finish. And today, I guess it is with a mixture of all these feelings that we stand in front of you.

Detroit: Become Human is no longer our game. Instead, it will soon become yours. Yours to play, to own, to hopefully cherish. The fate of Connor, Kara and Markus is in your hands, along with the fate of all other characters in the game. Through your decisions and actions, you will have the opportunity to become the writer, the director and the main protagonist of the most branching story we have ever created. A story made of hopes, fears, sadness but also of joy and happiness. A story as much about us, humans, as it is about androids.

David Cage, the entire team and myself are proud of the work we have accomplished during these four years. We are grateful to all our wonderful actors, composers, artists and partners around the world who have lent their talent to making Detroit: Become Human the very special experience it has become.

We are also extremely grateful to our fans around the world. We have read all of your emails, all of your letters, all of your tweets and messages. Each of them has given us the inspiration to make the best possible game for our fans. Last but not least, we are extremely thankful to Sony and the whole PlayStation family for believing in us and enabling us to make our dreams come true.

To celebrate this milestone, and to help you pass the time as you hold on just a little while longer for the game’s release on May 25th, I am extremely happy to announce that the very first scene of the game, Hostage, will be available for download on the PS Store starting tomorrow, Tuesday, April 24 at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time.

As part of the Hostage demo experience, there’s also an extended Alexa Skill! Properly named “CyberLife,” the Alexa Skill will provide you guidance and additional intel about this near future android filled world. As you take on the role of Connor, a hostage negotiator android sent to take control of this high-stakes situation, the CyberLife Skill will help guide you in your decision making throughout the investigation process, while giving you a deeper look at the various characters involved within the Hostage demo. It will also give you insights on how you can best alter your decision within the experience that could result in a different ending outcome.

With the CyberLife Skill, you’ll be able to learn more about the world of Detroit: Become Human:

• Tell Me About – Get more details as you examine every piece of the crime scene.
    Try saying: “Alexa, ask CyberLife to tell me about the fish?”
  • What’s Their Story? – Uncover the truth behind any character you find within the demo.
    Try saying: “Alexa, ask CyberLife to tell me about the Phillips Family?”
  • Alter the Course of History – Using the Flowchart at the end of the demo, use the skill to discover alternate endings.
    Try saying: “Alexa, ask CyberLife why Connor failed to reach Daniel in time?”

To get started, all you need is the following:
    1. Download the Detroit: Become Human Demo from the PS Store on PS4
    2. Have access to any enabled Amazon Alexa Device
    3. Download the Detroit: Become Human CyberLife Skill by saying “Alexa, enable CyberLife” or by doing a search for Cyberlife with your Amazon Alexa app (requires Alexa app and Wi-Fi internet connection).

Click here for more information on the Hostage Demo, CyberLife Skill, or Pre-Order incentives.

• Add Your Own

cusman said:

April 23rd, 7:05 am

First The Inpatient uses voice controls for dialog choices, now Alexa is getting mixed in with Detroit Become Human. Playstation is definitely taking the pioneering steps in voice augmented gameplay for consoles.

FeistFan said:

April 23rd, 7:24 am

I’m actually slightly disappointed – I don’t own any “Alexa-enabled product,” so it will feel like I’m missing out on part of a game. Why not build it into the game itself, using the mic on your headset or Playstation camera? Or enable it with Google, too?

Otherwise, I’m looking forward to this – it’s so rare for games to release a demo before release any more, and this shows how confident they are that they’ve got something I’ll enjoy playing. Huge thanks in advance!

jonathan3579 said:

April 23rd, 7:37 am

I’d be willing to wager that you could download the Amazon Alexa app from whichever app store you use and it’ll still work as intended.

DarkwingChuck said:

April 23rd, 7:40 am

Any smartphone or tablet is an Alexa enabled device once you install the Amazon Alexa app.

Tjoeb123 said:

April 23rd, 4:05 pm

But even then I can’t call up Alexa with my voice while my iPhone is locked – I can only do Hey Siri. It defeats the purpose IMO, especially if I have to unlock the phone and go to the app to use it.

blue_eyes1975 said:

April 29th, 1:04 am

i totally agree or have it built into the controller some how that would be even more better

NickNacca611 said:

April 23rd, 7:30 am

Its almost here! Its almost here! Cannot wait for this game.

wvnative said:

April 23rd, 7:35 am

Will this game have the option of playing without gyro/motion controls? As a disabled gamer this sorta made your previous games impossible to play but I’m super interested in this game and would hate to be hindered in my enjoyment!

Vizigoth04 said:

April 23rd, 7:54 am

Nice, can’t wait. Fully engaged in God of War right now. Honestly a month is enough to get 100% competition on God of War and then I can dive into Detroit Become Human. Thanks for being another great developer supporting Sony 1st party exclusives!

Welmosca said:

April 24th, 3:46 am

Supporting?…you talk as if Sony didn’t paid for the whole game and Quantic Dream salary.

HUYI said:

April 23rd, 7:58 am

will it have compatibility with google assistant also? i can’t wait to try out the demo on the psn store.

DaftAnemone said:

April 23rd, 8:48 am

Kind of awkward this is announced within a few hours of it being reported that Quantic Dream is suing some journalists in France.

yentair said:

April 23rd, 1:53 pm

Yeah, I’m pretty sure they don’t want to talk about that right now. Exposing their dark side while trying to promote an upcoming game can spell disaster for a lot of companies. Shhhhhh, move along, nothing to see here…
      And don’t forget to preorder!
      Wink, wink.

TheLoCoRaven said:

April 24th, 7:04 am

I wouldn’t assume they’re in the wrong. The media is terrible and every developer probably sucks to work for towards the game release deadline. Suing over whats been said about the company is pretty much the only action they can take.

RavageX said:

April 23rd, 8:54 am

I think the voice stuff should be implemented with the ps4 camera like someone else mentioned.

RavageX said:

April 23rd, 8:55 am

As an option, I meant to say.

Preist1 said:

April 23rd, 9:39 am

Lol great now I will have 3 things listening to me in the man cave, none of which are my kid or girlfriend. Crazy times we are living in CRAZY TIMES

Valyrious said:

April 23rd, 10:59 am

Can’t wait to play through this game. Sony’s knocking the exclusives out of the park this generation.

RobCox1980 said:

April 23rd, 1:31 pm

So much potential to take ‘advanced technological hypotheses’ gaming to the next level with this title. Utilizing Alexa could be a solid example to prove that statement true.

Getting good vibes about this video game.

GabzillaDKilla said:

April 23rd, 3:40 pm

You gonna sue me too, Quantic Dream? What an absolute farce.

I was really excited to play Detroit: Become Human, but obviously I’ll have to re-assess that now. I feel terrible for the dev staff and lower management, it’s a shame their boss’s behavior is overshadowing their hard work. Shame all around.

djsaiyan said:

April 23rd, 6:38 pm

One of the only first party Sony exclusives I will never buy.

Allowing the kind of stuff reported to go on in your studio, and then whether the allegations were true or not, trying to silence journalists doing their jobs by suing them?

Your workplace issues could have been resolved and everything would have been fine. Attempting to silence the press is a line too many crossed.

Screw Quantic Dream and screw David Cage. You’ll never see a dime of my money again.

Valentine3420 said:

April 23rd, 8:31 pm

So its past 12:01AM eastern time, and still no demo. Weak.

Valentine3420 said:

April 23rd, 8:33 pm

Why does my time show 8:31pm? It’s totally 9:30 PM mountain time where I’m at right now

Welmosca said:

April 24th, 3:43 am

I can play the demo without that dumb alexa stuff right?…sure hope I can or you guys just hit a new record of bummer.

TheLoCoRaven said:

April 24th, 7:06 am

I purposely avoid devices listening to me, and I’m assuming this game somewhat reaffirms my stance about devices listening to you. heh This will be one of the fastest downloaded then deleted phone apps for me.

Kreed-1 said:

April 24th, 8:03 am

I downloaded the demo last night to my PS4 Pro. Strangely – I am having very bad performance issues playing the demo. It seems very sluggish even on the menu screen. Freezes then plays very sluggish continually. I quit and restarted the demo twice and got the same performance. Going to try it again today after rebooting. Anyone else experience this ?

Kreed-1 said:

April 24th, 2:46 pm

Scratch my earlier post – it’s playing GREAT now. Not sure what happened last night. Excellent demo. Will there be any sort of physical Collector’s Edition available to preorder.

paulogy said:

April 24th, 3:06 pm

Congrats!

Making a demo available is a terrific idea and I wish more games would do it :-)

habs7176 said:

April 24th, 4:18 pm

Hello. I can not seem to find the skill in the Alexa app. Living in Canada matter?
    Thanks

Tomoprime said:

April 24th, 4:27 pm

This can get a bit tedious…

Siri open Playlink telling Alexa, ask CyberLife why Detroit people want to become human? Tell robot overlord isn’t building cars in a factory fulfilling enough?

Tomoprime said:

April 24th, 4:33 pm

*people = androids
      I hold nothing against humans, all your base belong to us!

Tomoprime said:

April 24th, 4:38 pm

A demo is a great idea should be cool to get our hands on this game.

OldAndInTheWay85 said:

April 25th, 6:44 pm

I’ve been looking forward to this. As for Alexa, I wonder how much Amazon payed for this little bit of product placement. Don’t get me wrong. I like Amazon and have a Prime subscription but I choose the Apple ecosystem of devices, etc. I know nothing about Alexa and it took a minute to guess what an Alexa skill is. I mean this constructively but I personally would prefer any such functionality to be built into a game myself. I really don’t want to be fiddling with my phone when playing anything. It’s just an immersion breaker for me. I hope and I think this must only be for the demo but I also hope such cool ideas in the future strictly utilize PlayStation hardware and are an integral part of a game when implemented. If I want to ask about some fish or why Connor blew it, I don’t want be messing with my phone please. Again, I want to emphasize that I mean this constructively and I am excited to try out the demo without Alexa. Thank you for providing us this fun peek into our futures in May!

ricky000747 said:

April 26th, 12:07 pm

I just saw and read my email about Detroit, I really want to play this game. Not sure about getting Alexa, Can I get an Alexia app on my iPhone?

blue_eyes1975 said:

April 29th, 1:02 am

hate to say this but this is some BS what if u dont have the alexa device what if your not rich or awesome like some people not cool