PlayStation VR

Jun 11

Jun 11

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Joins PlayStation Plus Starting Tonight

Dive back into the Black Ops universe for free before Black Ops 4 launches later this year.

James Hallahan's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus members! We’ve got a special E3 2018 treat for you. We’re celebrating the upcoming release of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 by giving all PS Plus members Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 for free on PS4, from tonight until July 11.

We want everyone to experience this cutting-edge shooter, set in a dark future where a new breed of Black Ops soldier emerges and the lines are blurred between humanity and technology. Black Ops 3 combines three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. It’s a great way to dive into the Black Ops universe before Black Ops 4 launches on October 12.

To further sweeten the celebration of this beloved franchise, if you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through PlayStation Store, you’ll get the “Back in Black” maps for Black Ops 3. Back in Black maps are immediately playable for Black Ops 3, and include fan-favorite maps – Jungle, Summit, Slums, and Firing Range – and they are available only for PlayStation fans. This pre-order offer is open to all PS4 owners via PS Store, so don’t miss out.

Add Your Own

Tomoprime said:

June 11th, 8:03 pm

Wow!

gerardo_z32tt said:

July 11th, 5:16 pm

I’m trying to download the game right now it’s july 11 7:17pm and it’s not in the store anymore.

Tomoprime said:

June 11th, 8:06 pm

Oh wait it expires July 11. No backsies man! Lame. ;)

Tomoprime said:

June 11th, 8:56 pm

UPDATE
    Yeah the working is tricky above. But I found the store listing and noticed it says free price is only available till July 11th which means we get to keep the game as any other free plus title so I take back what I said NOT LAME. Thanks Sony that was really cool of you!

DisTorT said:

June 11th, 8:15 pm

Wording is unclear, but I think they mean you have until July 11 to claim the game, once you do, it’s yours for good.

XTutteX said:

June 11th, 8:18 pm

Hola
Pregunta. Es juego o es demo? Y se podrá seguir jugándolo despues del 11 de julio?

socraticmuffins said:

June 12th, 1:13 am

no es una demo, es el juego completo. puedes quedártelo después del 11 de julio siempre y cuando lo reclames y aún tengas playstation plus

(mi español no es muy bueno, lo siento)

steeler192 said:

June 12th, 6:33 am

@socraticmuffins: por qué te disculpas después de expresarte de forma PERFECTA?

mrgalla6 said:

June 12th, 9:07 pm

Es el juego completo, agregalo a tu libreria antes del 11 de julio, mientras sigas teniendo plus podras seguir jugandolo

EnterPlayzHD said:

June 11th, 8:19 pm

Is free forever once downloaded or free to play unti June 11

steeler192 said:

June 12th, 6:34 am

free to play as long as you have an active subscription of PS Plus

Raydragoo said:

June 17th, 5:49 am

If the ps+ expires u can’t play it any longer?

SUPER___HIIVA said:

June 17th, 10:54 am

Im not really sure, but I believe you can keep it even if it expires. As it is not a monthly game.

SOLUSSTO87 said:

June 20th, 2:47 am

@Raydragoo No. If you have an expired subscription, you are unable to play the game. my PS+ subscription expired two days ago (june 18th) the same day I installed the game. I only got to play the game for atleast an hour. When I tried to start the game again, it said my ps+ is expired. Which is weird because im able to play my other digital copies, just not COD BO3. Smh

BFamous84 said:

June 29th, 12:16 am

@SOLUSSTO87 There is a difference between a digital game you bought with your money and a digital game you bought/purchased using your PS+ account (got for “free”)

games gotten with PS+ are LINKED to that online account
    games gotten with your own money are games you can play even without the ps+ (unless you NEED to go online with the game to actually play (those games know who they are)

paulogy said:

June 11th, 8:24 pm

Thanks!

saab01 said:

June 11th, 9:30 pm

Free forever once added to account right ?

socraticmuffins said:

June 12th, 1:14 am

yeah, as long as you still have ps+

DRAGON911RENO said:

June 11th, 9:55 pm

Ohh yh after this download, selling my CD

VOTEMIKE said:

June 12th, 12:58 am

I can’t find it in the UK PS Plus games. Is this offer for the US only?
Does anyone have a link to it in the UK store?

CsereMark said:

June 12th, 7:53 am

It works in the UK as well, just downloaded it. Just go to the store->ps plus->scroll right to the next page, after the monthly games until you see the “bonus game of the month”

ChiroVette said:

June 12th, 6:12 am

Okay probably total n00b question, but I can’t seem to find the game on Playstation Plus. I am a subscriber, and went into PS+. I see all the games I have downloaded already, and the few games p for grabs for June that I haven’t downloaded, but no Black Ops 3. Am I looking in the wrong place? I rebooted the PS4 several times to see if that helped, but it didn’t.

ChiroVette said:

June 12th, 6:24 am

Okay, I found it. It was buried in the one of the Playstation Store menus, but for some reason wasn’t coming up in a search of Black Ops 3. I apparently had to navigate all the way down to the Playstation Plus menu in the Playstation Store and found it there. So if anyone else is having trouble finding it, go into the store, drop down to “OKaystation Plus” and it will be on the lower right of three games. Well two games and some discounted avatar.

mrgalla6 said:

June 12th, 9:09 pm

I found it yesterday with the tag “Special game for plus” (something like that) under the Plus category

tobiasemil25 said:

June 12th, 7:14 am

SO IM VERY CONFUSED!!!

When i go to my playstation store library it seems that black ops 3 is not under the ps plus games category but just under the category of games i bought myself…!?!

Does this mean i get to keep the game after my subscription has ended!!!!

And has this also happened to you guys? :D

stoneice34 said:

June 12th, 9:43 pm

yup, same here.

tobiasemil25 said:

June 13th, 4:49 am

Can you send a picture of your ps plus library to me over ps messages i want to see if you have the same bug

tobiasemil25 said:

June 13th, 4:49 am

but i cant add you

Sharpe1279 said:

June 13th, 3:08 pm

Has anyone else had a problem where: you already had Blops 3 installed from a disc, “bought” the digital version now its free and when you click start it comes up with the “following applications disc is not inserted :” screen?

SOLUSSTO87 said:

June 20th, 2:42 am

Delete the disc version app of the game and install the digital copy. I had to do this after I bought my digital copy of GTA 5.

Ice-man011478 said:

June 13th, 10:27 pm

if you have disc, upload your saved data and then delete your installed disc copy. You’ll be able to download the digital copy.

Welmosca said:

June 14th, 3:54 am

Perfect game for Plus…only way for me to get CoD nowadays is like this for free so well done Sony although the way it was given out it was weird.Why not the same “add to the library” option like all Plus games?…and why does it show a lock above the Plus symbol of it when I look at the game in ma library?…you guys hiding the game away in the Store doesn’t help either,can almost hear y’all saying “look we’re giving this for free but we hope you don’t find it” lol.I mean with all the advertise you guys do for CoD you’d expect to see B.O 3 for free all over the Store but I know it must’ve taken quite some $$ uh….convincing to make activision allow a CoD for free.

TBeardmore said:

June 17th, 12:53 pm

I’ve downloaded the game but it doesn’t show up in my library or play-station plus library? Can I not delete the game and re-downloaded it like anything else?

houseofcantor said:

June 18th, 9:06 am

So in library for duration of ps plus or just until 7/11?

hewlettjasonadam said:

June 20th, 8:38 pm

If I own the game on disc plus I own dlc 5 Chronicles n all maps if I delete disc version off my PS4 n get this free one will I lose any my zombie maps n saves n have all the zombies maps completed don’t want start over just to give my disc to my son

negtive-zero-0- said:

June 25th, 6:21 am

How come you don’t take Call of Duty and simply make it compatible with the Aim Controller like Farpoint That is an Excellent Game? And when Sony releases Ace Comat PLEASE BE SURE TO MAKE it COMPATIBLE with T. Flight Hotas 4 because I spent a lot of money on that. Also Bravo Team is a horrible first person shooter VR game Sony really dropped the ball on that, Expensive crappy!!!! Game, I was Extremely Disappointed!!! Sony has to do better in the future if you want people to continue to purchase, VR Headset not that you’re off to a bad start you just need to take a good look at games you have released in the past and make them compatible with VR Aim Controller Move Motion Flight Stick!!!!! And Racing Wheel Please It’s got to be as easy as that. Just gather up all of your creative people and hammer out these issues, I truly believe it can be accomplished!! Sincerely Mr. Anthony Cruz

Katzeschwartze said:

July 11th, 2:38 pm

Today is July 11th… The email says Free through July 11th, but it shows $59.99 when it’s in the cart… Is this deal done?

gerardo_z32tt said:

July 11th, 5:29 pm

It’s july 11!!!!! Why is it saying 59.99!!!!!

gerardo_z32tt said:

July 11th, 5:29 pm

july 11!!!!! Why is it saying 59.99!!!!!