Knack 2

Jun 19

Jun 19

Introducing PlayStation Hits: Great Games at a Great Price

Catch up on some of the biggest PS4 experiences you might have missed, now at a new lower price.

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIE

If you missed out on some great PlayStation 4 games that came out a few years ago, we have exciting news! We’re introducing PlayStation Hits, a selection of incredible PS4 games that are easy on the wallet. From award winning epics to family friendly favorites, PlayStation Hits offers an awesome lineup of games for $19.99 USD (MSRP) each on PlayStation Store and select retailers across the U.S. In Canada, PlayStation Hits games will range in price, starting at $19.99 CAD (MSRP) each at participating retailers and PS Store.

At retailers, PlayStation Hits games will come in red packaging instead of our usual blue, and at PS Store the games will have red banners that’ll make it easy for you to identify which games are part of the Hits lineup.

Below are the list of games that will become available in this new program starting June 28 in the U.S. In Canada select titles will be available – check out the Canadian PlayStation Hits page for details.

PlayStation Hits

We’ll continue to add to the PlayStation Hits lineup, so stay tuned. Let us know which games you’ll be picking up in the comments below. Happy gaming!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Mcgnnis said:

June 19th, 8:20 am

ohhhhh, definitely gonna pick up those Yakuza games for sure. Question. Does the DriveClub comes with all the Dlc or do I still have to buy it separately?

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

June 19th, 10:01 am

It looks like you have to buy it. But it’s worth th price. You get a lot out of the season pass. Great game. I love it. Graphics are insane.

vgman67 said:

June 19th, 11:40 am

Driveclub graphics are ok which drive you insane as I was expecting more.

gameboy8877 said:

June 19th, 12:49 pm

CROSS-PLATFORM PLAYYYYY! LET’S DO IT! Y’ALL USED TO BE GAMERS FIRST!

Iron-Death said:

July 1st, 4:08 pm

I’m happyto see this. Bought doom lol

ChiefHylianSolid said:

June 19th, 8:22 am

Cross platform pls

RGS396 said:

June 19th, 10:59 am

Not just no but HECK NO!

The age old unbiased advice whenever someone asked what console to buy is “Buy whatever console your friends have!”

Last gen, for the longest time, this was the 360. This gen, it’s the PS4 by a LONG shot. Having a HUGE community of players is an advantage. Pretty much every multiplatform game sells more on the PS4 than Xbone AND PC combined.

Why would Sony essentially give that away and allow Xboners to join it’s 80 Million (give or take) players?

CAUTION_10-0 said:

June 19th, 12:05 pm

No playstation no crossplay keep dropping hot games

Cayde669 said:

June 19th, 12:22 pm

Crossplatform! I want to play fortnite and minecraft with my daughter. Also MMOs would be way better

Lettuce_Prime said:

June 19th, 12:33 pm

@RGS396 – I don’t get it. Why are you arguing against your own interests? Do you WORK for Sony? That is the only earthly reason you should be defending the fact that your gaming experience is *less fun* than that of all the PC, Switch, and Xbox guys.

Celoxamortis said:

June 19th, 1:57 pm

As someone who has been playing Xbox One games on both XBO and PC via the Xbox Play Anywhere system, I DON’T WANT cross-play infecting the Playstation playerbase. Even a game as casual and low stress as Sea of Thieves is completely upended by having different playing communities with different chat preferences and widely different visual and control settings all in one pool. More competitive games like Gears of War had to partition off entire modes for competitive balance between PC and console.

Crossplay is a nightmare to manage. The only reason Microsoft keeps bringing it up is because they know they’ve lost this generation and they’re trying anything possible to put egg on Sony’s face. Microsoft wants to be able to say they have more online players than they really do by counting all the cross play users from Nintendo and Sony. No thanks. As for Fortnite and the Switch issue, take that up with Epic.

GmrLeon said:

June 19th, 8:23 pm

Cross platform play, much like changing usernames, should happen. Choice of platform shouldn’t isolate players from their friends!

xHICKx said:

June 20th, 8:03 am

Don’t do cross platform. Don’t give in Sony.

AgentBand said:

July 1st, 12:30 am

Yes cross play.

WH1TEDEMONLT said:

June 19th, 8:25 am

Release MGS Collection on PS4!

xWesx1 said:

June 19th, 8:27 am

Do they come with DLC? Pretty bad deal if not because most of these are under $20 already… Hell, half of them are under $10.

NewfieQuilty said:

June 19th, 1:07 pm

I agree..

xRYTYx said:

June 20th, 6:35 am

I was thinking the same thing.

Psydswipe said:

June 24th, 6:01 am

Where do you find these brand new at retail for under $10?! Or are you talking used and digital? In any case, this announcement is officially making the MSRP $19.99 so retailers won’t have to pay as much to restock. Yakuza 0 and Uncharted 4 both had a MSRP of $39.99 before this move regardless of what anyone was selling them yet.

falconbox said:

June 19th, 8:27 am

Please give us cross-platform play with other consoles! #blamesony

HOJU99 said:

June 19th, 8:51 am

No one cares.

K2TC2TFnSMIT-TAY said:

June 19th, 9:27 am

No one cares. I don’t, at least.

The_Scraggler said:

June 19th, 10:02 am

You can keep shouting about this but the fact is that No. One. Cares.

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

June 19th, 10:02 am

No blame Epic for letting it happen.

DaShaka9 said:

June 19th, 10:18 am

Actually millions of people care, give us CROSS PLAY.

GhostOfSparta332 said:

June 19th, 11:06 am

No. If anybody here is to blame it’s you, and the others who decided to play that sorry excuse of a video game on PS4 have only themselves to blame. Sony will not give into your demands by crying and complaining about a feature a lot of people don’t care about. Keep crying while the rest of the REAL fans enjoy some of these modern day classics and cult hits!

supersaiyan500 said:

June 19th, 11:29 am

Dude, who cares. You can already play with mobile/tablet friends. Last Gen, it was Xbox denying cross-play. With the tables turned, now it’s Sony’s turn.

Techno_Viking- said:

June 19th, 11:30 am

Hahahaha. I love this response of “no one cares” when there’s angry people constantly talking about how much they care.

vgman67 said:

June 19th, 11:42 am

Blame Bony

CAUTION_10-0 said:

June 19th, 12:06 pm

Noooo dont do it sony

Kiwi357 said:

June 19th, 12:17 pm

@GhostOfSparta332 have a spine. This isn’t about crossplay. For all that it’s worth your point is invalid because I can play on PC with PS4, Xbox, Switch, whatever.

It becomes a problem when a company holds 3rd Party accounts ransom because they feel superior. That’s stupid and extremely anti-consumer. No one cares about brands anymore, it’s stupid and antiquated. Just let gamers play games instead of locking them down.

Lettuce_Prime said:

June 19th, 12:28 pm

I’m sorry, but why in hell would any consumer argue that Sony should keep their content held hostage so they have FEWER people to play with? Why are you all sectarian troglodytes?

jumonkan said:

June 19th, 2:40 pm

No one really wants cross play.

GmrLeon said:

June 19th, 8:27 pm

Absolutely agree, Sony should enable cross-platform play. At the same time: improve backwards compatibility/older games catalogue, and allow users to change their usernames!

Andoracer said:

June 28th, 8:59 am

Buy a PS4 if you want to play with the PS4 players.
    It’s not Sony’s fault you bought a failed system like Xbox.

NuJeruRick said:

June 19th, 8:30 am

Release Fight Night Champion for PS4

jumonkan said:

June 19th, 2:42 pm

Hell yes

NIGHTRAVEN3 said:

June 19th, 8:47 am

Great! I thought this was NEVER gonna be a thing, but there is 1 problem…the red cases! They don’t match any in our sea of blue cases.

HOJU99 said:

June 19th, 8:52 am

You can always buy the Blue cases online.

Techno_Viking- said:

June 19th, 11:31 am

Agreed. I hate those red cases, man.

xRYTYx said:

June 20th, 6:37 am

Buy the games used if you’re that anal about keeping your collection blue.

Flores25 said:

June 19th, 9:08 am

Man I just bought Yakuza last week for 30 dollars. Oh well. I like having the OG rather than the red case. I really hoped they would have Lost Legacy, Shadow of the Colossus, and Persona 5. But oh well, these are great titles. But I can get them cheaper almost anywhere else. Except Yakuza 0 of course.

AriesWarlock said:

June 19th, 9:10 am

Good!! Please make Gravity Rush remastered a PLAYSTATION HIT title please.

whereymyconary said:

June 19th, 9:25 am

So… you just made it official that these games are priced this low instead well amazon which has had all these titles that cheap for a few years now… and most sales on psn bring them down to the 5$ range…

blazinsane said:

June 19th, 9:26 am

Digital too? I’ve been itching for DOOM!

JP_FILLION said:

June 19th, 9:29 am

Yakuza games for me :)

Tyler_Durden6999 said:

June 19th, 9:49 am

At least 1/3 of these I got for free with ps +, I can wait for the rest.

NewfieQuilty said:

June 19th, 1:05 pm

I got half them free too with Plus Membership

Batbrain0825 said:

June 19th, 9:57 am

Should Definitely Add Fallout into the Mix

chrisnajar said:

June 19th, 10:02 am

The Last of Us Remaster and Yakuza 0 for me. Can’t wait!

qb1120 said:

June 19th, 10:04 am

Yakuza 0 is a must-buy for everyone. Story is crazy good

Jotamide said:

June 19th, 10:09 am

Street Fighter V is $20 too expensive. No one in their right mind would get that over SFVAE considering how expensive that game DLC is.

Goodacre0081 said:

June 19th, 10:25 am

Cross-Play FOrtnite issue

Sony, you really need to be on the right side of this issue as it’s only going to weaken your position going into the next generation. if I have a choice between inclusive platform where me and my friends can play where ever we want VS what your current policy is then I will be changing where I play games.

this might be about money to you but it will only serve to drive people away from the PlayStation brand.

Lettuce_Prime said:

June 19th, 12:31 pm

Agreed. The console market no longer exists Sony. You have GOT to adapt.

SmokeBombClock said:

June 19th, 12:34 pm

Wanted to share a life pro tip for ya, this just wastes your time and adds spam to the board.
    It’s off topic, will be skipped over, and the social media person that writes about the updates has zero pull on issues like this.
    Cheers!

jumonkan said:

June 19th, 2:48 pm

The console market does exist, people saying this show how out of touch and ignorant they are when they say such things. The fact your on a Sony website talking about wanting a feature, I can safely say 90% of the gaming public havent even heard of, says platforms exist. Spend your money else where and get the same tired IPs over and over or go to the third place complain about cross play I actually actively avoid cross ppay games because I dont want to play with people on PC if I wanted to play with people on Pc Id get a PC.

tbaglag said:

June 19th, 10:40 am

Thats nice and everything but what happened to the ps2 classics?

anszbd1 said:

June 20th, 11:34 pm

I want ps1 classic, it will be really cool to play legacy of kain soul reaver and castlevania symphony of the night again on ps4, with upgraded resolution like ps2 classic of course.

dizeeStL said:

June 19th, 11:09 am

How did Phantom Pain make the list? The game is terrible, unfinished and a complete joke. And I am a MGS 1-3 fanboy.

Cartmen_fatso420 said:

June 19th, 11:52 am

I play alot of games but wtf is MGS don’t think ive ever heard of it

Lettuce_Prime said:

June 19th, 12:30 pm

@Cartmen_fatso420 – Metal Gear Solid mah dude.

KazeEternal said:

June 19th, 11:25 am

Red boxes? really? Couldn’t have gone with Clear or a lighter shade of blue?

GmrLeon said:

June 19th, 8:28 pm

Was coming to the comments to say the same! This red label is way too large and detracts from the cover art of the games.

Andoracer said:

June 28th, 8:57 am

Thinking the same thing, avoid like the plague.

Moytalo said:

June 19th, 11:38 am

Wow, that’s some steep pricing. Way to much for alot of those games. Especially if you buy them digitally. Can find these from retailers cheaper then this. Alot cheaper for some of them.

Cartmen_fatso420 said:

June 19th, 11:51 am

I play alot of games but wtf is MGS don’t think ive ever heard of it

SmokeBombClock said:

June 19th, 12:31 pm

Ohhh yes! I was a fan of this with previous generations, going to love this now too! I was late to getting my PS4 (Pro), I think end of 2016?… so I have a lot of older titles that will be sure to hit this mark!
I am really excited for the Yakuza games here, it’s a series I really wanted to get into, but it wasn’t going to be super easy haha with the pricing on some of the older ones, availability, or being on older hardware… these ones here are a no brainer for me!

NewfieQuilty said:

June 19th, 1:08 pm

More PS1 & PS2 classics please

Sparky_117 said:

June 19th, 1:28 pm

Now I definitely have a reason to pick up Uncharted 4!

PERUVIAN_KING85 said:

June 19th, 3:52 pm

But you can get it from gamestop for less than $10

xRYTYx said:

June 20th, 6:44 am

You’ve had a reason to pick up Uncharted 4 for about 6 months to a year now, because it’s been that same price quite often.

pinder2009 said:

June 19th, 1:45 pm

Canada gets the short end of the straw like always. Its a miracle that the games will be 20 CAD. Looks like the only difference between the US and Canada selections of these games is DOOM, but we’ll see how many fewer games Canada will get in the future.

Celoxamortis said:

June 19th, 2:08 pm

Five of those were given away for free to PS+ subscribers (6 if you count MGS5 Definitive as two games): MGS5 (and Ground Zeros), Infamous Second Son, LittleBigPlanet 3, Bloodborne, and Ratchet & Clank. Driveclub has a freemium PS+ edition. Meanwhile, almost every game on that list has had flash sales on the PS Store over the last year, with deeper discounts for PS+ subscribers.

Sure, I’m aware that not everyone was subscribed over the last year when all of these games were given out but I’d argue most of us who would be interested in “greatest hits” versions already were. At retail, I can already find Doom, Battlefield 4, TLoU Remastered, and several others on the list for under $20 so in some cases this constitutes a price INCREASE rather than a decrease.

The only two I see really worth buying at the lowered price are Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami. Lots of content for the price.

jumonkan said:

June 19th, 2:52 pm

Not to mention now that these will be greatest hits the used price will most likely go down even more

PayneKiller1509 said:

June 19th, 2:30 pm

Feel like this generation didn’t actually need a greatest hits.. most of these games could already have been had for under $20, digitally too.
It’s not like previous gens where games would come off store shelves before hitting low prices and greatest hits was like a re release at a lower price, now I feel most of us are buying digital and being treated with fairly regular sales to acquire whichever games we choose.

They’re gonna have to use the Greatest Hits to permanently drop the price on newer games, games like GTA V and Black Ops 3 that just won’t drop in price, or to bring attention back to older releases like Shadow Fall and Uncharted 4 or the team ICO games

PayneKiller1509 said:

June 19th, 2:39 pm

Look, right now you can get Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition for 20 bucks, and I don’t believe it fits the greatest hits criteria as yet. But if you can get that for $20 some of these need to be like a $10 msrp

Valyrious said:

June 19th, 3:03 pm

The fact that Yakuza games are being considered as “Playstation Hits” makes me so freaking happy.

They brought back that red case as well. Kinda cool. I’ll still prefer the original versions though. They may become more valuable now as well because of this “Hits” version.

earth_inheritor said:

June 19th, 3:14 pm

Super excited..until you see Canada gets screwed over big time.
Why less titles and why no Doom? I would pick that up in a heart beat. I don’t see any reason for this at all.

earth_inheritor said:

June 19th, 3:14 pm

Infact..Doom is the only one not coming to Canada…why???

RandomRay04 said:

June 19th, 3:54 pm

I think you’re all getting cross play games confused with exclusive IPs lol. Just because a console allows for crossplay does not mean that it will not have it’s own original titles, like (Bloodborne, Uncharted, Horizon, Etc.) . I vote Yes for cross play knowing I’m still gonna get the games I love on the Best Console Period… PLAYSTATION!!

pixel_geist said:

June 19th, 4:59 pm

Considering you giving all these games away for “free” in the past, buying these is actually a better deal than purchasing a subscription to PlayStation Network because you don’t have to pay to play

Iwantchetos said:

June 19th, 5:05 pm

Nier please

thevoid12 said:

June 19th, 5:07 pm

Just tell us about Playstarion Now download already

taekwondoughboy said:

June 19th, 5:29 pm

My coworker told me that since I liked nioh so much I should try bloodborne. And now I am. Thx

taekwondoughboy said:

June 19th, 5:34 pm

If not then games given for free should be available to anyone who has ps plus at anytime

Alternian said:

June 19th, 6:04 pm

US only, of course. As a Canadian I don’t know why I expected anything different.

toraokami1 said:

June 19th, 7:40 pm

Will Street Fighter V be the Arcade Edition or the initial release version? Also, any chance of Dragon Quest Heroes or Star Ocean coming to Playstation Hits?

brn-dn said:

June 19th, 8:18 pm

I may finally pick up DOOM. DOOM with a red case will look awesome.

brenobrito31 said:

June 20th, 12:56 am

You could bring these prices to Brazil, with this price of games there it costs 4 times more expansive if we talk about Brazilian money and I didn’t mention the taxes. We would love to have some of these great games for an excellent cheap price here. Thanks!

RGS396 said:

June 20th, 10:08 am

@ Lettuce_Prime.

Why do you assume that it’s in MY interest to play with and against Xboners and PC players?

Do YOU work for Microsoft? Is that why you want Sony to accommodate Xboners?

The FACT is that I do not want to play with/against Xboners nor PC players. I have quite a bit of fun playing only with PlayStation players, while on my PS4 that is.

I can guarantee that I would NOT have fun playing a shooter game against PC players. If Microsoft adds Kb/M support like I’ve heard they are doing, it also will not be fun playing shooter games against them.

PS_man1984 said:

June 21st, 8:24 am

This isn’t just about Xbox players, it’s about letting all gamers play with each other, regardless of platform they own. Allowing PC, Xbox, Nintendo, PlayStation, iPhone, and Android gamers to all play together opens up gaming beyond whatever hardware you own. Minecraft has crossplay and people love it, same with Fortnite.

RosiestPig31 said:

June 21st, 10:37 pm

Literally all of these are already $20 or less for a hard copy most are less than $10 if you lowered the price to meet that I would buy all of these as is ill buy used and you wont make anything Playstation needs something like gamepass I dont pay for it on xbox because gold cost already and most of the games suck but I would pay for day1 access to all PS exclusives

Psydswipe said:

June 24th, 6:12 am

I just replied to someone else stating the same thing. Where do you people live that you get brand new, retail games for under $10? I cannot believe Yakuza 0 was under $20 brand new, not on sale. Previous to this announcement Uncharted 4 and Yakuza 0 both had a MSRP of $39.99. Metal Gear Solid V: Definitive Edition was $29.99. Sure, that doesn’t mean retailers charge that or they can put the games on sale but they would be taking a loss, especially if they still had stock that they paid over $50 each for (which is what they pay for a $59.99 game). If by chance the games were really that low, by lowering the MSRP it helps the sellers and can help them restock and continue to sell low if they want to. I also assume each publisher had to agree to lower the MSRP for its games to be included in the Hits line. There are an awful lot of complaints on this thread and it makes me wonder what people think the MSRP should be on games…$4.99?! Publishers might as well go digital only at that price point. Lowering the MSRP on any games is only a good thing for buyers; I just don’t get all the negativity.

Welmosca said:

June 22nd, 5:43 am

WTF Sony?…seriously what is the problem of you guys?…I was actually thinking some days ago how great it is that we’re years in the PS4 life and we don’t have bs like “greatest hits”.I cannot believe you guys made the same mistake…those damn ugly red boxes again with those damn ugly stamp of “hits”.Jesus Christ it’s unbelievable how people don’t learn from their mistakes.You wanna go all digital and still screw physical collectors as much as possible hu?…stupid stupid idea.

GameGuy075 said:

June 22nd, 10:47 pm

Last of us was 20 dollars on PSN it didn’t need to be in the lineup

Andoracer said:

June 28th, 8:56 am

Ugh, ugly label strikes again.
Time to hunt for a standard Yakuza 0 game before they disappear into the ugly red greatest hits oblivion.

Codaver said: