PlayStation VR

Jun 26

Jun 26

Watch Media Molecule Play 15-Minute Musical Set in Dreams

One of E3 2018’s standout experiences was a live musical set conducted by Media Molecule’s in-house band. Watch a recording below, and watch the livestream on June 29 to see how it was done.

Tom Dent's Avatar Posted by

E3 2018 was amazing for the team at Media Molecule! We were able to give media the chance to go hands-on with Dreams creation, build a mini-story along with other developers and community (all hail the Mega-Penguin!) and demo Dreams live on a giant stage at the PlayStation booth. And when you watched the PlayStation E3 2018 Showcase, you may have seen the clips of Dreams spliced in and thought “Everyone loves a guitar playing banana… but what does it all mean?!”

Well, the jig is up…err…the gig is up? Following the briefing, our in-house (in-game?) band The Molecules played a 15-minute set, performed entirely in Dreams, for those attending the after-show party. And now, you can see it too!

The Molecules at E3 2018

Performing a live gig using Dreams has been something we’ve wanted to do forever, so seeing it actually happen has been a…dare we say, dream…come true. But, how did we do it? Well, we’re planning to show everyone what went in to bringing this concert to life during our June Dreams livestream this Friday.

Please join our awesome performers and creators (the human ones, mostly) when we get the band back together on June 29 at 9:00am Pacific live on our Twitch channel.

And in the meantime, please enjoy the first-ever appearance by The Molecules!

Add Your Own

BearAntlers said:

June 26th, 7:16 am

Thank you for recording this.

iM-A-tRuMsTaH said:

June 27th, 9:56 am

Cute PS Bots, Bananas playing Guitar. Sweet DREAMS are made of these.

MakaiOokami said:

July 2nd, 8:32 pm

Who am I to disagree. Travel the world and the 7 seas. Everybody, is looking for something.

Otterpoet said:

June 27th, 10:02 am

O.O Holy. Crap. Every single time I see anything for Dreams, I’m blown away. Thank you for sharing this.

djblewis said:

June 27th, 3:19 pm

I was there and it was amazing. Totally out of left field and super fun for everyone in the room. Can’t wait to form a sweet banana metal band with my friends at launch!

paulogy said:

June 28th, 12:27 pm

Wow, incredible! Can’t wait to get my hands on it and see what I can create in Dreams too :-)

MakaiOokami said:

July 2nd, 8:40 pm

Surprised of so few comments. Glad though. Was listening to the news today. I’d rather have their be almost no comments versus comments trashing multiculturalism. Here’s to Playstation and their attempts to make the world a less scary place, by allowing people of all different stripes to create things together.

Here’s hoping for so much more where this came from. I guess it’s a cliche’, but glad to see Playstation continue to keep thinking outside of the boX. :P Yeah I know cheap snide remark. I can’t Switch things up though. I play that sometimes too.