Knack 2

Jul 05

Jul 05

4 New Reveals from Spike Chunsoft at Anime Expo 2018

Steins;Gate, Yu-No and more. We recap Spike Chunsoft's Anime Expo reveals.

Ari Advincula's Avatar Posted by PR/Marketing Associate, Spike Chunsoft

Hello PlayStation Blog! Spike Chunsoft just got established stateside this year, and I’m here to celebrate some amazing announcements from our very first Anime Expo!

AI: The Somnium Files

First, I’m sure all eyes have been on this…we revealed AI: The Somnium Files for PlayStation 4 with director Kotaro Uchikoshi at our company panel! This title was announced as Project: PSYNC at GDC two years ago, and I’m so happy we can finally talk about it.

Feast your eyes on this trailer:

With Yusuke Kozaki (Fire Emblem Awakening, No More Heroes) as the lead character designer, this game just oozes detective-noir style. Combined with the mystery and complicated, mind-blowing plot that I know Uchikoshi will deliver, everything about AI: The Somnium Files is just so cool. By the way, I recommend watching that trailer closely for more clues…

Yu-No

Next, we’ll be bringing Yu-No to the West on PS4! MAGES./5pb.’s Yu-No is a remake of the original 1998 PC and Sega Saturn version, complete with new art and voice acting.

YU-NO

More info on Yu-No coming soon!

Steins;Gate Elite

Steins;Gate Elite’s release date made some time leaps, so first, apologies for the delay. Steins;Gate Elite is coming to PS4 in 2019! Also, all PS4 copies will include Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram, which is pretty cool because writers like Uchikoshi worked on the ten character-focused scenarios.

Steins;Gate Elite

Steins;Gate Elite

428: Shibuya Scramble

Then, 428: Shibuya Scramble is coming to PS4 on September 4! Also never before released in the West, the game’s overview trailer introduces the title better than I could:

Between Mr. Mean Clean (the mascot on Achi’s shirt) and Tama, there’s something in the game for everyone. And, there’s even an ufotable anime follow-up, Canaan, so check that out if you want to get a taste of 428: Shibuya Scramble’s world.

As a Zero Escape series fan, I’m definitely looking forward to AI: The Somnium Files! What are you most excited for?

Add Your Own

gerneric123 said:

July 5th, 6:07 pm

Why do you hate Vita owners so much? Pqube would’ve brought over the Vita versions of Steins;Gate Elite and Yu-No (in fact, the latter was solicited for an English release by them ages ago), but then you got involved and suddenly it’s like these games don’t have Vita versions at all.

I’m sure corporate shrine worshippers will quip, “Vita is dead lol” and while it’s obviously a platform on its way out, but if the prior publisher of these works saw money to made why aren’t you taking that opportunity? What, bitter that LRG release of One Way Heroics didn’t sell out in 2 minutes or something?

OniJsan said:

July 5th, 6:18 pm

I’m happy that English players will have a crack at Steins;gate Linear Bounded Phenogram as that was never released in the U.S.

Now what are the odds of releasing Steins;Gate: Hiyoku-Renri no Darling? (Darling of Loving Vows)

Haha just kidding. We will take what we can get.
    (Seriously release it!)

OniJsan said:

July 5th, 6:20 pm

Ugh… my comment became that user ^^^ above me reply… ignore that for the reply but for my own statement.

Ryuzaki57 said:

July 5th, 11:41 pm

Same as Generic above : why no consideration for Vita owners? Many of Spike’s games are great on the go. I’m currently playing Zanki Zero and I enjoy having it with me everywhere.

steeler192 said:

July 6th, 7:22 am

You had me at “director Kotaro Uchikoshi”. I’m a Zero Escape fan and I’m waiting eagerly for PunchLine, in Vita, of course (is there a hard release date yet?). I can’t wait see what he’s got in store for us. AI: The Omnium Files is a day one buy for me.

As a Steins;Gate fan who played all the Vita games (notice a pattern?) I want to ask, will Linear Bounded Phenogram be available standalone, or only bundled with Elite?

steeler192 said:

July 6th, 7:26 am

I wish I had checked out the Blog yesterday. There’d be a chance of Ari answering my question about Linear Bounded Phenogram (just now remembered PQube is publishing PunchLine).

Hakumen__ said:

July 6th, 10:42 am

I was only interested on Steins;Gate Elite and Yu-No, but I wanted the PS Vita versions.

PS4 only means I won’t buy either of them.

A very disappointing announcement overall.

Valyrious said:

July 6th, 11:00 am

ALPACAMAN!!!

Can’t freaking wait for Steins;Gate Elite. Just keep making more Steins;Gate games.

viceforce said:

July 6th, 11:55 am

I would love to have more Steins;Gates on my Vita for thats my system for Visual Novels at the same time I understand the the Vita time has passed.

Tatanka2007 said:

July 6th, 12:36 pm

Even after the first delay, it was all 2018 for a Western release for Steins;Gate Elite until now. VERY, VERY disappointing to the say the least. Definitely no pre-order for it now. I will wait to judge the quality on release because this delay makes me highly suspicious. I hope I am wrong, but the delay hints otherwise. Everything I read recently said September release for Japan, which made a holiday release for 2018 in the West seem highly likely.

gerneric123 said:

July 6th, 4:23 pm

“For those who want it on Vita, there’s no way that much video could ever fit on a standard Vita card. Heck, even my “large” imported memory card is only 64 GB.”

Steins;Gate Elite is being released on Vita in Japan. Clearly, there is no storage issue.

Spike Chunsoft isn’t dubbing this game, so don’t try to start with that. Even if they did, many Vita games have made additional audio tracks available as free DLC.

whereymyconary said:

July 6th, 3:46 pm

I just started playing Cannad on my Vita via remote play and it’s great… So I’m excited for these to be on my vita as well. Also more VNs is always good. yey!

xXsircXx said:

July 6th, 8:31 pm

I can only hope they announce another Shiren game.

ClawOfTheFallen said:

July 6th, 11:28 pm

I really hope we eventually get a localization of the latest Virtual On game… TTwTT

Oo-MrSushi-oO said:

July 9th, 5:11 am

No Vita version for YU-NO and Steins;Gate Elite Spike ? Yeah good job you’ll not have my money.

Quinlank said:

July 9th, 4:20 pm

If you aren’t going to bring the Vita versions of these games out in English then I won’t be buying them.