God of War

Jul 06

Jul 06

Defiance 2050 is Live Today for Founders

Trion Worlds details how classes work in its free-to-play sc-ifi shooter, which opens wide for all PS4 players on July 10.

Scott “Mobi” Jasper's Avatar Posted by Defiance Community Manager, Trion Worlds

Be on high alert for arkfall activity as Defiance 2050 makes its debut on PS4 today, as part of the July 6 Head Start! Play as one of many unique classes in this free-to-play futuristic cooperative online shooter that releases wide on July 10, or join in the Head Start now by becoming a Founder (North America only).

Each class in Defiance 2050 has impactful abilities and passive effects to help you kick the shtako out of your enemies. Create your own Ark Hunter and choose between classes ranging from the all-around Assault, deadly Assassin, supportive Combat Medic, relentless Guardian, and explosive Demolitionist. Select one base class for free, or grab a pre-order pack to play as a Demolitionist. Keep in mind you can unlock classes through gameplay, and you can quickly swap between classes, loadouts, and respecs for free. We want players to customize and experiment as they embark into a massive post-apocalyptic world filled with alien-infused weapons, gear, and arkfalls that will crash to the earth as you play through the story of Defiance.

Defiance 2050

The Assault class is incredibly versatile offensive and defensive capabilities, starting with the Sprint ability. Then, skill up to gain the Health Stim or Super Melee for some sweet self healing or to pack an extra punch. As you continue to level up, turn on Close Combat to boost your damage, or activate Concussion Blast to stun nearby foes.

The Assassin class excels with critical strikes and dealing a surprising amount damage using their Stealth ability. Focus fire with the Mark ability that makes an enemy more vulnerable, or spread a Bio Toxin that applies damage over time and infects other enemies upon death. Get up close and personal to slice enemies with Hidden Blade, or withdraw a lethal sniper with Big Bang to wreak havoc.

Defiance 2050

The Combat Medic class is well equipped with all sorts of healing and buffs, you can even summon a Healing Bot that supports allies both physically and emotionally – it’s pretty darn cute! Control the tide of battle with Protection Spike or Inspire abilities, which respectively reduce damage taken or increase damage dealt by you and your allies for a short time. Strategically activate Ego Refresh to reduce ability cooldowns for your team and if you’re in a pinch, place a Revive Spike for allies to come back into the fight.

The Guardian class can hold down the frontlines with their Barrier keystone ability that places a shield to block incoming shots. Provoke targets with the Taunt ability or increase your health and armor with Bolster. Guardian protects with Steadfast which reduces damage significantly, but they also attack by unleashing a Shockwave that outwardly stuns enemies in a line.

Defiance 2050

As the Demolitionist, you can decimate some fools and throw Satchel Charges that detonate at your command. Give them hell (or hellbugs, rather) with the Hatchling Spawner that generates a swarm of hatchlings or unload a Flashbang that briefly disorients foes. Upgrade Drop and Roll to drop grenades like it’s hot when you perform a dodge roll. For the grand finale, unleash a Grenade Barrage that immensely reduces cooldown for grenades or turn on Cluster Projectiles that makes your explosions create extra explosions.

Down the dev roadmap ahead, the crafty Engineer and valiant Crusader classes are in the works with more on the way. At launch, you can have a blast with the Demolitionist class by becoming a Founder or play one of the four base classes. Keep in mind: classes can be unlocked through gameplay, and we’re excited to bring new items, story missions, and end-game content in the future.

Add Your Own

J_Avenger said:

July 6th, 7:11 am

Looks interesting

CrusaderForever said:

July 6th, 8:01 am

I don’t see Defiance 2050 on the store. I want to become a founder so I can play it. Can’t wait for this to release. A way, WAY better game than Destiny. Thanks for porting it to the PS4!

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

July 6th, 9:15 am

Has the store just not been updated yet? I tried looking and then went to Trion’s page and it still says founders coming soon.

normandy12 said:

July 6th, 9:24 am

This only makes me think of Dust 514, that was a fantastic game. I really wish I could still play it, guess I’ll have to wait, and hope I get on the beta for Project Nova. Maybe I’ll check out this game at some point in the meantime.

OOValkrianOO said:

July 6th, 9:38 am

Did it ever make it to the store? I still never got it, have been waiting for the founders pack since they announced it. I guess I missed out on founders

PsychoCircus69 said:

July 6th, 9:55 am

You didn’t miss it. You can get it until the 10th, when it goes live for everybody. For some reason PlayStation wouldn’t let us preorder it. It should be available whenever Sony decides to add it to the store, which at the current time they haven’t. Hope that helps :)

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

July 6th, 10:03 am

No founder packs are supposed to be live for early access

PsychoCircus69 said:

July 6th, 10:29 am

The founder’s packs are how you gain early access. They’re up on the store now. You can purchase them, but the servers aren’t up yet.

Tomoprime said:

July 6th, 10:13 am

Wow I remember the old tv show and PS3 game. There is life after death!

BigRain101 said:

July 6th, 10:42 am

Its up under there class founder packs

squeeker1980 said:

July 6th, 3:28 pm

As of right now those of us on the PS4 cannot connect to the defiance servers.trion screwed this up big time..I want my money back.! And I’m serious.are you listening? If you can’t do your job right perhaps you should look for a different line of work.

thewickerman7 said:

July 6th, 3:38 pm

I know I’m not sure if trios has said we can play today I’d love to, but a 3 day headstart would start tomorrow if game releases on Tuesday

Tarlox said:

July 6th, 6:26 pm

Well if you read beginning of article it says July 6th

thewickerman7 said:

July 6th, 3:39 pm

Trio not trios

thewickerman7 said:

July 6th, 3:40 pm

Trion

Khan-59 said:

July 6th, 4:08 pm

R u kidding me just bought founder pack $50 & installed & no server up yet where the hell is 3 day head start shouldive knoon

Zer0Playr said:

July 6th, 7:53 pm

This is a crap. Those packs should be available around all the world, not only in NA. THIS SUCKS! There are people in South america that want to buy the Founder packs at PS Store too.

chsb8740 said:

July 6th, 11:56 pm

if u were a beta tester ud be able to play the game now as I am

chsb8740 said:

July 6th, 11:57 pm

if u were a beta tester ud be able to play the game now as I am.

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

July 7th, 12:25 am

I was in closed and open beta on PS4 and played original defiance on PS3 and entered every ego code from the episodes :)

BallisticsWolf said:

July 9th, 8:02 am

Love the game, just one question! How do I get my ark infiltrator armour back??? I’ve searched and can’t get a straight answer!! I’ve been told buy the digital deluxe edition which doesn’t exist on PS4 in the states, ive heard it’s a unlock!! Please feel free to contact me..

cusman said:

July 9th, 9:26 am

I remember playing Defiance on PS3 enough to get Platinum trophy for it. Is this a new game or a port of that?

DigitalSanBR said:

July 9th, 5:22 pm

Defiance 2050 Launch: Sony x Microsoft Veredict

Now that headstart is coming to an end, I just posted this small “review” on Twitter, mentioning each of the parts involved. Agree or disagree?

@DefianceGame 2050 had an incredible failed launch on the @PlayStation. @Xbox players had it much better, being able to buy Founders’s Packs weeks ago and problems fixed ASAP by @TrionWorlds

Problems on @DefianceGame in @PlayStation included having Founder’s Packs restricted only to NA and launching only at beginning of head start on 7/10, while @Xbox players could buy them weeks ago, in the whole world

The worst part of @DefianceGame in the @PlayStation head start launch, however, was that while @Xbox players could play it normally, the majority of PS4 users could not even log in to the game! And the problem persisted during 2 of the 3-day hs, until @TrionWorlds’ workaround

All in all, @Xbox players had a @majornelson WIN over the incredibly lousy business practics @Sony and @PlayStation are known for. @DefianceGame had a total botch of a launch, in part on @TrionWorlds’ fault, but let’s just look at how things went well on the @Microsoft platforms.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

July 10th, 4:54 pm

your “review” was lathered in lies. might not want to do that from now on… well unless you work for polygon or kotaku.

bloodprisma said:

July 10th, 4:28 am

So only founders can play right now?

illusion26-31-23 said:

July 10th, 8:59 am

When is it free to play in the US store? Not seeing it