Knack 2

Jul 23

Jul 23

Astro Bot Rescue Mission Deploys to PlayStation VR October 2

Pre-order at PS Store to get a PS4 Theme, avatar pack and digital soundtrack.

Nicolas Doucet's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, SCEJ

Hello everyone!

This is Nicolas Doucet, Creative Director over at Japan Studio. Today I have some exciting news to share with you all. I am delighted to announce that our latest game, Astro Bot Rescue Mission will be released on October 2!

Astro Bot Rescue Mission is a new VR platformer created exclusively for PS VR. In the game you take control of Astro, the captain of a spaceship traveling in search for his lost crew. The adventure spans across 26 levels that take the platforming genre to new heights with 360-degree VR gameplay, huge towering bosses, precise controls and a good dose of challenge and humor! If you haven’t had a chance to see the game in action yet, check out this video where I explain some of the game’s main features.

Astro Bot Rescue Mission will be available both physically and digitally for $39.99 USD/$49.99 CAD/149.90 BRL. Pre-orders will be available starting today, so go ahead and reserve your copy: Astro and his crew need you!

If you pre-order the game from PlayStation Store, you’ll receive:

• 4 Astro Bot Avatars (Instant Reward)
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission Dynamic Theme
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission full digital Soundtrack

Astro Bot Rescue Mission for PS VR

Astro Bot Rescue Mission for PS VRAstro Bot Rescue Mission for PS VR

Astro Bot Rescue Mission for PS VR

Until the game is ready to land in your home, the Japan Studio Asobi! Team is working extra hard to make sure Astro Bot is great and features the high level of polish you’d come to expect from Japan Studio.

I thank you all again for the enthusiasm, lovely words, and encouragement you’ve showed since we announced the game. Every little comment you make means a lot to us so please keep them coming!

That’s all from us. See you in a galaxy near you very soon!

Add Your Own

Mercenary09 said:

July 23rd, 6:04 am

Very much looking forward to this. It would be really great though if those who want the physical copy could get the pre-order goodies as well.

LeonBurkart said:

July 27th, 12:10 pm

I think they should do that too because I‘m a collector and I would love to have the physical copy but I don’t want to miss out on the awesome stuff!!!

Rockman_Xelnia said:

July 23rd, 7:36 am

I’m more than willing to pre-order digitally because I love soundtracks more than any other pre-order bonus. Getting a digital voucher for it like with Knack 2 would be cool, but if not, I’ll be sure to have the pre-order locked in anyway. I’m very excited for this game!

krae_man said:

July 23rd, 8:06 am

What precisely makes it Astro?

TurtMan said:

July 23rd, 9:18 am

This series is one of the biggest surprises on the PSVR! Loved playing this in Playroom VR, I’m very excited to see this concept expanded! Thanks dev team!

Bam4evr said:

July 23rd, 9:21 am

I’m definitely getting this. I’m a fan of platformers and this looks like it’ll be a lot of fun to play. Thanks, Japan Studio!

rjejr said:

July 23rd, 9:30 am

Does it have the couch co-op that the original game had? It was fun for my wife and kids to play together.

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

July 23rd, 12:44 pm

This makes me think it would be really cool to have a fighter pilot game where the ship is put in place of the controller, and as you move your controller around you move the ship.. could even have you fly though obstacles, or closed in areas like a VR version of Helicopter.

Liggidy said:

July 28th, 1:24 pm

My daughter is very excited for this one. Looking forward to watching her play!!

ajsanime said:

July 29th, 11:30 pm

Been waiting for this since it disappeared from the Playroom.

exjraordinary said:

August 2nd, 5:06 pm

Is there an early demo coming out for this. Also bring out soul sacrifice 3 on ps4 loved that game!