Knack 2

Jul 26

Jul 26

H1Z1: Battle Royale Launches on PS4 August 7

Daybreak's popular free-to-play battle royale shooter celebrates the end of Open Beta with new weapons, a new vehicle, new bundles, and more.

Terrence Yee's Avatar Posted by Producer at Daybreak Games for H1Z1

Hey everyone! I’m excited to announce that H1Z1: Battle Royale is leaving Open Beta and launching on August 7! To celebrate H1Z1’s official launch, we’re adding a host of new features. Let’s take a look…

New weapons and a new vehicle

We’re excited to bring two new weapons to H1Z1: the explosive RPG and deadly SOCOM semi-automatic sniper rifle. The RPG has particular utility against vehicles, while the SOCOM slots in between the Scout Rifle and M40 Sniper Rifle (now a one-shot kill to the head, even with a helmet) to add another tactical layer to long-range gunfights. These two new weapons fulfill specific combat roles our community has been asking for, and we can’t wait for players to get their hands on them.

H1Z1 for PS4H1Z1 for PS4

Also shaking up gameplay is a new vehicle: the ARV. This powerful personnel carrier fits a whole fives squad, and includes a hatch for your best marksman to pop out the top!

H1Z1 for PS4

Three reward lines, 30 rewards tiers

Battle Pass Season 1 will be available at launch with three reward lines (free, premium and PS Plus) and 30 rewards tiers. Players can unlock tiers by earning XP through gameplay or through in-game purchases. Battle Pass Season 1 premium line will be $5.49, and all PS Plus members will receive the PS Plus line for free!

H1Z1 for PS4

Two new bundles

We’re also introducing two new bundles to the game: The Viper Starter bundle and Hardline Deluxe bundle. Players can get the kung-fu inspired Viper Starter bundle for $4.99 or Hardline Deluxe bundle for $34.99.

H1Z1 for PS4H1Z1 for PS4

We built H1Z1 on PS4 from the ground up for console players and it has been a humbling experience to see our work resonate with the PlayStation community. Thank you to the 10+ million players that have checked out H1Z1: Battle Royale in Open Beta so far—we hope to see you at launch on August 7!

Add Your Own

Mercenary09 said:

July 26th, 6:10 am

Does this mean the game will have trophies now? If so does it have a Platinum?

Cole_MacGraft said:

July 30th, 6:12 pm

I think the game is fun. But please update the skull store they stuff been up there since day 1. Also do not bring back car kills.
    PSA:Loot boxes suck

TERISHIAVO said:

August 6th, 9:24 pm

Those not wanting to bring back vehicle damage- sorry, but vehicles do damage when hurled into a person. Bring back vehicle damage and give us some kind of signal (like a hit marker or splat sound or even blood mist) when we hit someone. People play this game because it is fun and it is a more realistic option than Fortnite. With that being said it’s highly unrealistic that a vehicle careening down a hill going 60mph isn’t going to hurt you if it hits you. Kind of kills it for me, but still a fun game. Give me a good reason to keep vehicle damage out.
    When people go for vehicle kills they tend to put themselves in harms way at a much higher rate, in turn they make mistakes such as flipping or slowing down too much and being shot. I know this first hand and I believe vehicle damage will actually help cut down on the amount of vehicles at the end of a match because of this.

n0m3dk1ng said:

July 26th, 6:55 am

So are we gonna have melee of some sort?? Smh

ChiefGoose94 said:

July 26th, 7:07 am

I have 1,000,000 skulls and have already bought everything in the skull exchange. Anything new coming to the skull exchange? M40 now in gold crates? So, this means it’ll be rare to find a M40 in a military crate, just as rare as finding a LMG? And what about stats..? I have 200+ wins in Solo, Fives, and Duos.. I’d like to show all that hard work off. I also hope you bring more skins to the stronger weapons in the game. Like the Marauder and CNQ for example. Besides all that .. I can say I’m excited for this update and don’t know what game I’d be playing if this one wasn’t so much fun

rainydavid13 said:

July 26th, 7:24 am

I love this game. However i think military crates should have more random spawns. Just like in fortnite people who play 24/7 know where they all typically spawn and can get high or better loot then others who dont have time to play as much. This is pretty much the only game i play so i know where they typically spawn. Also the mg needs a nerf. People hardcore spray with it at any range and it does enough damage to wipe through players with ease close medium or far range. Can take out a whole squad from forever away and have half a mag left. Has little recoil compared to other guns but does way more damage and has way more rounds per mag. Thats really my only issue. That and how some players get bad spawns and land where nothing really is and by the time they get into the circle they have a hellfire and a shotgun going against guys with snipers, mgs and cnqs. But thats really just luck of the draw i suppose.

Anti_Virus93 said:

July 26th, 9:49 am

I believe they have said when they launch leaderboards they will not be covering old stats …. They do need to add more stuff to the skull store or let us convert skulls to coins so we can buy bundles with coins.

DANTExWHO said:

July 26th, 7:33 am

You guys fixed the vehicle health and gas problem so the end game is much better with less vehicles. Now PLEASE BRING BACK VEHICLE TO PLAYER DAMAGE

cowmamba said:

July 26th, 9:08 am

Totally agree! Right after they took it out I had a potential 3 kill in a row running these guys down that were all huddled together in a match. I went right through them! Haha! What a let down that was! Hopefully they are just tweaking the mechanics and they’ll bring it back.

ownageLSU said:

July 26th, 11:08 am

Please no. It is so much better without car to person damage. It becomes more strategic in whether to engage or not and makes it a more fair battle between people with cars and those without

ImJustaMedic said:

July 27th, 9:39 am

Please don’t bring it back. People with no skill will just be driving people over left and right. 3 kills with 1 hit. Great. Lol leave this a gun fight with car transportation

JEnriq10 said:

July 26th, 8:24 am

Seguira siendo free to play?

Synco_Furry2 said:

July 26th, 8:38 am

Will the parachute drop and and landing be fixed? Also will customization be fixed to where you can put put on and off any peice of clothing?

ImJustaMedic said:

July 27th, 9:45 am

Yeah, I can’t take off these stupid glasses lmao

AK_hinson_E8 said:

July 26th, 8:46 am

This is a joke like no other coming out of beta FPS IS bad, RECOIL IS BUGGED, SENSITIVITY IS SLOW, and SHOTGUNS STILL DON’T HAVE A CIRCLE RETICLE. DAY-BREAK as in they mess everything up and get away with it

Ruebng said:

July 26th, 12:21 pm

You can adjust sensitivity in settings and quite dramatically

JRellik87 said:

August 5th, 7:54 pm

Lol what? I seem to do alright in the game. Never noticed these problems you speak of. I must be a noob.

HitMan-173 said:

July 26th, 8:47 am

Can we please have 3rd person ads option like pc? Spawn select? Skins for kh, cq, m60, marauder? Proximity chat? Ability to remove hats, and Eyewear? With all this the the game would more than phenomenal.

Empire_May_Fire said:

July 26th, 8:55 am

Yes! Agreed. Definitely some skins for the other weapons!

Jokoman_93 said:

July 27th, 2:26 am

And better weapon options and placements instead of the best loot only in Crates! And fix the parachute decent as its super glitchy!

ImJustaMedic said:

July 27th, 9:46 am

Snipers on rooftops please haha

Empire_May_Fire said:

July 26th, 8:54 am

Did I miss something? The first page mentioned a dynamic map. Will we see a night mode introduced alongside the new light variants?

cowmamba said:

July 26th, 9:09 am

Oh hell yeah! I’ve bee loving the snot out of H1Z1. It’s way more fun (to me) than fortnight. Glad to see the official is coming so soon!

cloaksanddaggers said:

July 26th, 9:13 am

Not sure about one shot sniper kills. Feels like youre inviting some of the PubG issues with that to the table, but ok. Nowhere am I seeing anytjing about STATS AND LEADERBOARDS. Come on guys. Those of us with hundreds of wins deserve stat lines and records. Where are they? Also, saw dynamic map listed but nothing about that in this article. Late game is much better so kudos on that.

vpocamex said:

July 26th, 9:16 am

IT WOULD BE IDEAL TO ADD FLAGS OF THE COUNTRIES FOR THE PLAYER PROFILE AND NOT TO FORGET FROM LATIN AMERICA.

tonelucci said:

July 26th, 9:51 am

Is Night mode coming or melee??

Die_N_Rise said:

July 26th, 1:45 pm

So I purchased the pre order of this game to get the in game H1z1 Items $21. i think its was. i convinced a friend to get it too and he got his items. I did not get my items he thinks its funny. im mad still so give me my items or my money back. now i know where to complain so please money back or items i was promised?

Godd1971 said:

July 26th, 3:03 pm

So for those of us who have already purchased the deluxe edition need to buy it again?

Cole_MacGraft said:

July 30th, 6:11 pm

I believe it will still be free this is just and update they are not re selling the game.

BalkanWarriorAM said:

July 26th, 11:32 pm

I am looking forward to the launch and I love the beta.Don’t randomise drops like Fortnite,I prefer them being by the book and in order.I am looking forward to ysing the new weapons and that vehicle.It’s a job well done.Can I ask you a question?If so,will there be first person view,leaning and melee weapons in future updates?If you are adding first person,make a new match type which only allows first person view just so campers don’t have an advantage over people which prefer first person view.A reply would be appreciated.
-Balkan Warrior AM

ImJustaMedic said:

July 27th, 9:50 am

Add a backpack with a samurai flag. I want that. Call it whatever you want. I will spend 100 dollars on that lol

BalkanWarriorAM said:

July 26th, 11:33 pm

I am looking forward to the launch and I love the beta.Don’t randomise drops like Fortnite,I prefer them being by the book and in order.I am looking forward to using the new weapons and that vehicle.It’s a job well done.Can I ask you a question?If so,will there be first person view,leaning and melee weapons in future updates?If you are adding first person,make a new match type which only allows first person view just so campers don’t have an advantage over people which prefer first person view.A reply would be appreciated.
-Balkan Warrior AM

Mhecr-_505 said:

July 27th, 12:35 am

can’t wait

Jokoman_93 said:

July 27th, 2:21 am

Dear Playstation & Daybreak,

I really hope you have fixed the parachute landing in this game before the full release! Parachuting down is so glitchy and you cannot really move. And you cannot choose where to jump. I suggest you fix this before releasing it fully. Goodluck!

JRellik87 said:

August 5th, 7:57 pm

Pretty easy to steer actually

BRANCO___autista said:

July 27th, 5:43 am

O game em si é muito bom o unico poblema é a camera aprocimada ela é muito procima do personagem , se poderem afastar ou de colocar opção para afastar agradeço ;)

ROO2303 said:

July 27th, 8:18 am

It’s called a “beta” for a reason.. it’s your fault u went out and spent money or played the hell out of the beta (it’s not the real game)

PPKsMoabBR said:

July 27th, 9:32 am

A hellfire como rifle inicia, encontrado no chão, é ruim pra demais, pro game ficar perfeito, coloca outra arma no lugar dela, e a AR-15 que arma horrível tirem isso, a forma de tiro único não da vantagem a ninguém … o resto é muito divertido <3

PPKsMoabBR said:

July 27th, 9:38 am

A hellfire como rifle inicial encontrado no chão, não é muito legal, pois as caixas militares são dificieis de se encontrar, muitas vezes eu chego no final da partida com uma escopeta antimotim e a hellfire, poderia colocar uma M16 ou algo do tipo em seu lugar pois aquela arma é horrível, pro jogo ficar perfeito, e a AR-15 é um trem horrível, uma forma de tiro único que não é uma vantagem… o resto é muito divertido <3

PPKsMoabBR said:

July 27th, 9:49 am

SHOOT THE HELLFIRE OF THE GAME THAT INITIAL WEAPON FOUND ON THE GROUND DOES NOT PROVIDE
PLIS

PPKsMoabBR said:

July 27th, 9:50 am

remove HELLFIRE from the game, it’s no good at all
remove HELLFIRE from the game, it’s no good at all
remove HELLFIRE from the game, it’s no good at all
remove HELLFIRE from the game, it’s no good at all
remove HELLFIRE from the game, it’s no good at all
remove HELLFIRE from the game, it’s no good at all
remove HELLFIRE from the game, it’s no good at all
PLIIIIIIISSSSSSSS

DefiantKnight said:

July 28th, 2:25 am

Great game! Very addicting! Can you view rendering like you have for pc? Can make it possible to switch between first person and third? Need more scopes like 3x 4x 8x etc for assault rifles. Shoulder switching? Our tv’s are bigger then monitors so hard to see so far away or even 50 yards

NotAHero013 said:

July 31st, 6:49 am

Have you heard of Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds? You’d really enjoy that game, it has all of those things.

DefiantKnight said:

July 28th, 2:28 am

Make Hardline deluxe with camo’s

aholt_ said:

July 28th, 2:57 pm

I says you folks tweaking the game for us z0mbies are doing an awesome job…I love it when a game with so much potential has support whom actually try to make strides towards fully realizing that same potential. Good stuff ;-) BTW, good luck EVERYBODY else…go ahead and call the Waaambulance to come and scrape yous off the pavement. (M40)Head shots kill? Bully! The new Socom (.308) should do dat also as well, barring nicks/glancing hits VS a fresh Kevlar. Jk for real, nothing glaringly wrong wit it from what I see. Oh, and whoever wants melee..really? That .45 I pick up off of reflex right from the giddy up iz gonn make your hands like not so good :0

noobraining2006 said:

July 29th, 12:20 am

WILL IT HAVE FIRST PERSON…?

Cole_MacGraft said:

July 30th, 6:10 pm

PSA:Loot boxes suck

CloudLong1 said:

July 31st, 2:51 am

PLS COME TO ASIA PLAYSTATION STORE !

DEviLAHLONG said:

July 31st, 3:09 am

Come to MY store also can lo :D same like Fortnite come to MY store .
beause I like H1Z1 this way of playing.Dun like Fortnite this way playing.

NotAHero013 said:

July 31st, 6:35 am

The changes you all are making to the game with minimal community feedback is appropriate (i.e. OHK Headshot from the M40, removing vehicle damage, EMP grenades, etc.). Best course of action after this is to observe how the Meta changes w. this update and continue from there, do not fall victim to changing multiple facets of your game to make it less unique (i.e. First Person, Scopes for weapons, etc.). H1Z1 gives a unique experience to console players that no other game can offer. The only “missing” element in this game is the ability to remove/deselect articles of clothing, but that is my personal preference. Continue working hard and staying true to yourselves Daybreak, the community thanks you in advance. <3

PS: If you all want an experience similar to PUBG or Fortnite, just go play those games. Do not pressure companies to build the same game and re-skin in because you don't have access to or just can't compete on said games. Each BR is unique, find yours. As gamers, we should appreciate the differences in development and have a healthy relationship w. the Company, not bombard them w. countless meaningless complaints/desires. Just enjoy it for what it's worth. #MakeGamingGreatAgain

TERISHIAVO said:

August 6th, 9:17 pm

People looking for realism aren’t going to play Fortnite, and I feel like it’s redundant to tell people on a PS4 board to just play PUBG. Not saying we should strive to make it similar to either.

luizbaladero said:

July 31st, 3:42 pm

Matchs end so fast, could take more time to the área minimize.

luizbaladero said:

July 31st, 3:48 pm

With the area taking more time to minimize, it would have many players on the final zones, dont exisisting so many car fights and a lot of players in the end.

luizbaladero said:

July 31st, 3:50 pm

..it would have FEW players…*

luizbaladero said:

July 31st, 3:51 pm

..and not so much players in the end.*

happybear76 said:

August 6th, 12:28 pm

Just allow players to remove hats from the costumes part I’m tired of having a hat on lol please change that

TERISHIAVO said:

August 6th, 8:03 pm

soccerballin said:

August 6th, 8:23 pm

Yes TERISHIAVO this is a great idea and I agree with it 1000%. On top of that, I’m a little upset that they’re nerfing the crossbow because that’s my favorite weapon.

ns213 said:

August 6th, 8:20 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK PROXIMITY CHAT , just make it so it can be disabled and a report button where inappropriate players can be held accountable.

ns213 said:

August 6th, 8:22 pm

everyone who plays this game is not a child, i deserve to hear the trash talk of an enemy when i kill them, makes it so sweet

jar1214 said:

August 6th, 8:23 pm

What time is the dlc coming out on August 7th

Leighgend said:

August 7th, 5:40 am

When are the UK servers going live?

eddy_tores said:

August 8th, 7:15 pm

Not a huge fan of the update the open bed it was pretty fun they kind of stole things from fortnite what’s the whole battle pass thing but I do like the Humvee and I give you a little bit more to work towards but I would like to more trophies for team instead of solo but all in all thanks for your free game