God of War

Jul 31

Jul 31

PlayStation Now: XCOM 2, Another World, More Join the Streaming Lineup

Ten more games join PS Now, including the hit strategy RPG XCOM 2 and pioneer action/platformer Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition.

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Sr Product Marketing Manager, SIEA

I’m excited to announce ten new games joining the PlayStation Now library, with over 650 PS4, PS3, and PS2 games in all. Leading the pack is the hit strategy title XCOM 2, along with the pioneer action/platformer Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition, the colorful Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers for up to four players locally, the beautiful Japanese action RPG Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity, and turn-based strategy game Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch.

With our summer price promotions running through September 25, you can try the PlayStation Now service for a full month at just $9.99 (new subscribers only) with our special intro offer, or get a full year for just $99.99. And if you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you can take advantage of the exclusive discount on the three-month pass for PlayStation Now for just $29.99 ($44.99 regular price).

A complete list of all the new games available to stream on PS4 and PC starting today includes:

• Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition
  • BRUT@L
  • Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers
  • Gem Smashers
  • Lost Sea
  • Primal (PS2)
  • This is the Police
  • Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity
  • Warhammer 40K: Deathwatch
  • XCOM 2

PS3 → PS4 upgrade:

• Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator

Here are the most popular games on the service in July:

• Red Dead Redemption
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Mortal Kombat
  • NBA 2K16
  • WWE 2K16
  • The Last of Us
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution
  • Fallout 3
  • The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
  • Mafia 2

If you haven’t tried PlayStation Now yet, check out the seven-day free trial for PS4 and PC to experience the streaming service today. PS Now provides unlimited on-demand access to a growing library of over 600 games, with new games added every month, and no game downloads required. PS4 save data in PS Now is also compatible with PS Plus cloud saves, so you can upload/download save files to and from your own console.

The introductory offer of $9.99 for the first month (new subscribers only), the 12-month subscription for just $99.99, and the Plus-exclusive 3 months for $29.99, are all available for a limited time until September 25. So act fast. Although note that in order to take advantage of the $9.99 intro offer, you will need to purchase that directly, as the 7-day trial will transition into the standard monthly subscription.

Stay tuned for more updates on PS Now. Happy gaming!

Add Your Own

AlifShabie476 said:

July 31st, 6:59 am

I want to ask a few questions. Can playstation add new game like forza horizon 2,3,4 and PUBG. Please reply my questions thanks

Noodlez16 said:

July 31st, 7:02 am

Literally cracking up at this comment, thank you sir my day has been made

OutOfMyWay54 said:

July 31st, 7:02 am

Forza Horizone franchise is only on Xbox

TheMostBetterest said:

July 31st, 7:40 am

XD, I get the confusion. Forza is an Xbox exclusive. #PS4MASTERRACE

Valyrious said:

July 31st, 10:36 am

Yes. And Xbox can add games like God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gran Turismo Sport, and many other great games too!

JimmyLSanchez said:

July 31st, 3:17 pm

remove this troll off of PSN immediately! What a loser!

UltiGamer500 said:

July 31st, 7:25 am

Sony should think about putting PS Now on mobile devices. Considering 5G comes is a couple of years away, almost everyone has a smartphone or tablet (no need to make new portable hardware) and the game streaming market is going to get more competitive. Putting PS Now on mobile and selling a Dualshock peripheral (Dualshock M lol) specifically meant to attach to phones would be a great idea and something to think about.

And yes, you could also connect your Dualshock 4 via bluetooth or usb.

OnyxBreed said:

July 31st, 9:03 am

Exactly. There would be so many positives for Sony to make PS Now into a mobile app.

*Sony head John Kodera said they’re still looking into the possibility of handheld gaming
    *Hundreds of millions of people already have mobile devices so no need to create new hardware
    *When 5G comes in the next year or 2 almost everyone with a data plan will have speeds upwards of 400mbps. More than enough to stream games.
    * It would not only make them stand out from the competition. But it would make PS accessible to a much larger audience. And make “cloud game streaming” and PS synonymous in the minds of millions.
    *And if you remember, PS Now was originally on multiple devices like Vita, and smart TVs. That was Sony’s original plan. To make PS games available anywhere.
    And they can sell it $20 a month for non-PS Plus members, $9.99 a month for PS Plus members and $99 for a one yr available to everyone.

UltiGamer500 said:

July 31st, 7:32 am

1. 1080p Game Streaming
2. Every PS exclusive that’s at least a few years old. (PS All Stars, Jak & Daxter series, Ratchet & Clank collection, inFamous Second Son/First Light, Bloodborn ect)
3. $9.99 a month for PS Plus members and $99.99 for a one year should be a permanent option not just promotional price.

samv33 said:

July 31st, 8:05 am

Well, time to give Another World another go. Last time I played it was on the Sega CD. Never have beaten it. And I’m excited to try Brut@l. I played it at the PlayStation Experience a while back.

xDD90x said:

July 31st, 8:06 am

Time for me to ask once again:

Any reason why Resistance: Fall of Man & Restistance 2 aren’t on the service yet? This is a Sony owned property. Why is it that titles which weren’t released digitally upon launch can no longer be added to the PS Store/PS Now? How much work/money could possibly be required to get this done for first party titles?

I’m honestly just asking out of pure curiosity more than anything because it really boggles my mind.

OnyxBreed said:

July 31st, 8:47 am

I really like PS Now. And the fact that other companies like Google, Microsoft, and EA are getting in on game streaming is actually a good thing. Especially Microsoft, and if the rumors are true about one of the new consoles being streaming only, then it shows that they’re taking this very seriously. It would make Sony step up their game which ultimately makes PS Now a better service.

Some quality of life improvements that would be very beneficial:
* The ability to chose to stream in a higher resolution (1080p)
* Better stability in the app
* A startup animation & jingle when you open the app (like Netflix)
* Lower price for PS Plus members
* All of Playstation’s back catalog of older executives
* More PS3 ->PS4 upgrades like for the Bioshock & Batman Arkham games. And the remastered versions of exclusives that are already on the service. Like, The Last of Us and the Nathan Drake collection.
* And eventually there should be a PS Now mobile app.

Those changes would significantly improve PS Now, make it much more popular and stand out against the incoming competition.

nico9rd said:

July 31st, 12:07 pm

I will admit this is an improvement over the last 2 months as adding XCOM 2 is closer to my ideal situation where at LEAST one major modern title is added. But that is still tarnished by the fact that it was given away as part of PS Plus recently and I’ve already devoured it. There are a couple of titles I’m curious about, but at a glance nothing gets me excited. Another World is an admittedly great game as well, but it’s been available dirt cheap numerous times recently…. Which means I bought it already. The question about why more blockbuster Playstation exclusives aren’t added is a valid question and seems to be asked every month from multiple users. And the lack of communication from the powers that be on why it seems so difficult to add more significant content on a monthly basis is HUGELY frustrating. My subscription is up in Feb and if this trend continues I’ll be second guessing my decision to renew.

wolfing69 said:

August 1st, 4:12 am

Perhaps the service is not for you, you seem to buy a lot of games. I see this service more for people who don’t have an extensive library and/or play casually so they don’t mind waiting for games and don’t want to play specific games, like Netflix, you don’t go to Netflix to watch specific movies, you go to Netflix and browse to see what’s there to watch.

nico9rd said:

August 2nd, 3:04 am

I subscribe to Netflix and am completely overjoyed at the wealth of great content they add on a monthly basis. Which, by the way, ALWAYS includes blockbuster titles old and new. I’ve been a subscriber of PS Now going on two years. Admittedly there is a large number of titles. But at this point I’ve pretty much played what I’d really like to play and rely on exciting new titles getting added each month. Which just isn’t happening. It’s extremely frustrating. I’m not saying some “ok” titles haven’t been added, and the addition of PS2 titles adds a new wrinkle to future possibilities. But the bottom line is, for its price, Sony should be guaranteeing at least one blockbuster title addition each month. I admitted this month was an improvement over the last few, but tarnished by the fact XCOM2 was recently given away for free on PS Plus. It’s cute that you get all excited about a ton of mediocre JRPG’s. But blockbusters they are not and I expect a little more bang for my buck…. Like Netflix.

Cyber_wolf22 said:

July 31st, 3:18 pm

Another month you add a psn+ free game to the Psn Now. It’s ridiculous.

wolfing69 said:

August 1st, 4:13 am

What’s the problem with that? I don’t have PS+ nor am I interested in it, shouldn’t I enjoy those games?

Xollas said:

July 31st, 4:32 pm

Putting PS Plus Titles on PS Now makes perfect sense to me if they were going to eventually merge the two services. Just add downloading of PS4 and PS5 games as an option and we are golden. If your able to make a PS3 emulator on the PS5 that would be very welcome as well.

glody said:

July 31st, 6:21 pm

Streaming games is by far one of the worst, most greedy money grabs of the last 10 years. You should be ashamed Sony. Instead of backwards compatibility we have a half a$$ed execution of a streaming service.

I like my games without lag. Thanks.

snotralivein said:

July 31st, 10:15 pm

When playstation now will be available on other territories like India??

wolfing69 said:

August 1st, 4:14 am

Awesome month! Keep them coming! (more JRPGs please thanks :) )