God of War

Aug 01

Aug 01

Firewall Zero Hour 101: Game Overview and VR Immersion Videos

First Contact Entertainment shares the first two videos in their Firewall Zero Hour 101 video series.

Damoun Shabestari's Avatar Posted by Game Director, First Contact Entertainment

Hi all, I’m stoked that we’re less than one month away from release day!

To recap: Firewall Zero Hour is the 4v4 team-based tactical shooter built from the ground up for PSVR*. Players must use teamwork, strategy and an arsenal of equipment to either acquire or protect a laptop full of sensitive data. Firewall Zero Hour drops August 28, exclusively for PSVR on PS4!

We know our fans have been chomping at the bit for more Firewall Zero Hour news, and we’re excited to share some juicy tidbits with you today. Below, we introduce the first two videos in a series we call Firewall Zero Hour 101.

Firewall Zero Hour 101: Game Overview

Learn from the creative team behind Firewall Zero Hour, and how we set out to create exactly what we dreamed of playing in PSVR: a multiplayer VR FPS** that anyone could pick up and play! You’ll also find gameplay basics, tips & tricks, and catch a glimpse of the backstories for Contractors Okoro, Skip, and Texas.

Firewall Zero Hour 101: VR Immersion

Delve into the uniqueness of Firewall Zero Hour as a VR game, and our desire to harness the power of PS VR and the PS Aim Controller for unprecedented immersion in multiplayer FPS. Firewall Zero Hour is built from the ground up for PS VR, and is compatible with both the PS Aim controller and DualShock 4 controller. You’ll experience gameplay features found only with PSVR, from wielding your PS Aim Controller to ‘blind fire’ around corners, to using the wrist tablet mini-map seen on your arm in-game, and to hearing the crystal-clear directional audio of your teammates all around you in a match. As always, there’s a strong emphasis on communication in Firewall Zero Hour–verbal coordination with your teammates is a key element to your success!

We’ll be coming at you next week with more Firewall Zero Hour 101 videos, so you can get thinking about your game strategy whether you’re on the Attacking side or Defending side. Keep your eyes peeled, Contractors. We know nothing gets by you.

*An internet connection is required for all modes of Firewall Zero Hour, including Single Player Training Mode.
**PS Plus is required for Multiplayer Training and Multiplayer Contract modes.

Add Your Own

cusman said:

August 1st, 8:38 am

I am a sucker for any game showing good PS Aim immersive controls

Damoun Shabestari's Avatar

Damoun Shabestari said:

August 2nd, 7:05 pm

For sure @cusman! We can’t wait to get Firewall Zero Hour in your hands and squad up with you!

Lysholm said:

August 1st, 1:55 pm

The PSVR platform hasn’t had anything like this to date, it might sell more headsets to a new crowd of people, just as RE7 did, if it’s marketed right.
Preordered it!

QNoir said:

August 1st, 3:57 pm

The problem is that for some reason some big media outlets don’t cover VR. It’s like… a lot of people who would LOVE this game don’t know about it. They need better PR.

Lysholm said:

August 3rd, 6:20 am

Of my COD friends which all hang out in a Whatsapp group, 4 of them have PSVR, and it only gets occasional use. I couldn’t twist their arms to get Farpoint so I could try out the multiplayer aspects, even when it was on sale, but as soon as they heard of this game, 3 of them pre-ordered the Aim bundle (so have a nice squad of 4 to go from day one), and they never heard of the game or knew anything about it until I dumped the trailers in the chat.

The other one is holding fire after being stung by Bravo Point, and waiting to see what we make of it, which is fair enough. A couple others are now just plain interested in PSVR and might make the leap if the four of us like Firewall. Until that point, they didn’t care much for all the “tech demo” small budget games with no real depth. RE7 made a decent impact, but single player horror doesn’t have the pull of an online shooter.

I think it’s mostly down to Sony now. I’ve done my little bit, and after the game is launched, I’ll stream as much as I can without any kind of commentary or bs, just so others can see how it plays.

ITALI-LORI-MONTI said:

August 2nd, 3:42 am

preordinato :)

JMG24BAD said:

August 2nd, 5:08 am

Reminds me of socom. which is what I want. I’ll buy this game

maxvtec said:

August 2nd, 1:50 pm

Looks like I’m finally gonna dust off my PSVR!

lizzard1980 said:

August 3rd, 6:09 am

A game like this game, should have been ready at the release of psvr!
Im really hoping that this will be a really good game with minimal tracking issues, and with a good netcode!

It also need some real marketing from PlayStation, so that the playerbase getts as big as possible!

Lysholm said:

August 8th, 7:08 am

No big deal, but the tags of this blog post are broken. “first contact entertainment hour” and “firewall zero”