Knack 2

Aug 01

Aug 01

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for August 2018

Mafia III and Dead by Daylight headline this month's lineup.

James Hallahan's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus

Hello gamers! Are you ready for August’s PS Plus lineup?

First up, we have Mafia III. Play as Lincoln Clay, a Vietnam vet who comes back home after years of combat. When his surrogate family is wiped out by the Italian Mafia, Lincoln builds a new family and blazes a path of military-grade revenge through the Mafioso responsible.

Next we have the 4v1 horror game Dead by Daylight. One player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured and killed.

This month’s PlayStation Plus lineup also includes:

Additionally, we’re offering a bonus PlayStation VR game* for PS Plus members this month! From August 7 through October 2, PS Plus members can download Here They Lie free for their PS VR system. Experience the game where death is not a checkpoint. Explore a nightmarish city inhabited by strange, malevolent creatures in this first-person horror game, where unsettling encounters and environments come to life.

Now, if that wasn’t enough, you can also get Knowledge is Power as part of your PS Plus membership from August 7 through November 6. Outsmart your opponents with a massive variety of trivia questions and tactical challenges. Be sure to have a compatible mobile device and companion app and you’ll be all ready to play!

And there you have it. See you next time PlayStation Nation!

*PlayStation 4 system, PlayStation VR, and PlayStation Camera are required to experience VR functionality.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

desimnyc69 said:

August 1st, 5:57 pm

If I didn’t already own Mafia 3 i would say this is a great PS Plus month, BUT!

Copkid757 said:

August 1st, 5:57 pm

Just bought Dead By Daylight in the flash sale a few weeks ago

RippedMilkshake said:

August 1st, 6:14 pm

How do I get Mafia III and Dead By Daylight I have PS+ btw

PluppyPlayer said:

August 4th, 2:46 am

Go to te ps store scroll dow to ps plus and there they are.

oyeperokexarxa said:

August 1st, 6:25 pm

playstation

gamer_guy70 said:

August 1st, 6:58 pm

Here They Lie is a great game. Highly recommend it

Bigdieno94 said:

August 1st, 8:30 pm

When is it free? Bc it doesn’t say on my acct.

TheKolbe1010 said:

August 1st, 10:06 pm

I personally wish for red dead redemption BECAUSE red dead redemption 2 will be coming out in the next few months it would be beneficial. people that have not played the red dead redemption will experience the game and consider buying the next game. By the way I have read the comments and I agree with almost everyone. I hope that Sony will start to give the people what they want

peatawan1 said:

August 1st, 10:30 pm

I’ve been a PS+ subscriber since the beginning and it’s always been nice to have games offered for “free” that you don’t already own. Also it’s kind of a slight bummer when you already own a game that’s being offered for free, but oh well, dems da brakes! Nothing to get all huffin ‘n puffin about.

It truly has become a regular thing here in the comments to see half of the folks complaining about their dissatisfaction with the games offered not being what they want and the other half trying to make these people aware that they’re big crybabies and just don’t get it.

But every now and then you’ll see comments about the actual games and what they think about them positive or otherwise. You know, productive comments, like the one about Here They Lie being a VR game that can be played non-VR so everyone can check it out. Super wicked tripped out game btw. I already own it but I’m not gonna sit here and be sad that it’s free now. I think its great that more people can play it now. Though i highly recommend experiencing it in VR!

ShuraMatoi said:

August 6th, 9:54 pm

I love your comment. You and the people with productive comments are the few good ones in this comments.

Kingchaloux802 said:

August 1st, 11:59 pm

PlayStation knocks it out of the park with not only 2 amazing games as the free psn games, but dead by daylight is a way better game alone then anything Microsoft puts out for free games with their xbox live! This is why I love PlayStation

Mr_Wolfe34 said:

August 2nd, 1:09 am

I would get hyped for the free games this month if i didnt already own both of them, but regardless some good games this month

St3v361u3shirt said:

August 2nd, 3:41 am

But wait, I boughtDead By Daylight two days ago!

VTHateMe05 said:

August 2nd, 3:42 am

Just wondering if all the people complaining about there $2 to $2.5 dollar games complain about their toy they get in their $2.5-$3 dollar happy meal. Reminds me of seeing a little kid throw a temper tantrum because they didn’t get the toy they wanted.

SoulSeekerUSA said:

August 2nd, 7:44 am

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

JohnKarnes said:

August 2nd, 3:43 am

People forget they are not the only person on PSN. People like different games they need free games also. Sometimes you just have to be happy for them.

Otterpoet said:

August 2nd, 6:04 am

ALL games that I’ve wanted and considered getting… well done, guys.

SoulSeekerUSA said:

August 2nd, 7:42 am

Not impressed.

Akmaljon said:

August 2nd, 10:53 am

I have mafia 3, played little and liked it and still impressed. You should try it, cutscene visuals were awesome

Jmrblacrose23 said:

August 2nd, 8:18 am

dlcs are included? if so, its great for both ps4 games, if not.. well, dlcs for dead by deadlight are $40+ worth and for mafia are $30… not so free games afer all if you are like me and like to have 100% completion in your game collection

Akmaljon said:

August 2nd, 10:51 am

That’s kind of a weird habit :/ but ps+ never offers dlc with a game unless it’s remaster

markjm83 said:

August 2nd, 12:47 pm

Isn’t mafia 3 a demo not a free game.. it says demo not free??

Welmosca said:

August 2nd, 1:12 pm

Great month…Dead by Daylight screams free game no way to get it in any other form than free and Bound by Flame is perfect for the lineup too,Draw Slasher is another that as free is at it’s best “price”.Also very nice to get Here They Lie and Knowledge is Power as bonus offerings.This month is a blast…a lot of perfect choices for free games which doesn’t happen often,doubt I’ll ever touch Dead by Daylight though lol.

Mafia 3 is a helluva great game for the lineup.

Toe_Tag_ said:

August 2nd, 1:16 pm

@ James Hallahan
Dead by daylight was out a year ago. So why mention it now? Just wondering. :)

DigitalEternal said:

August 2nd, 7:32 pm

You guys wonder why PSN+ subscriptions are dropping despite strong hardware sales? Fewer and fewer people care about trash fee-tp-pay multiplayer games and the free games are consistently terrible. If you’re gonna give old games at least pick good ones not the 5’s and 6’s you guys usually dish out.

Frankly, I don’t think I’m going to renew mine when it expires, don’t much care about multiplayer and there’s maybe 2 or 3 games a year that you guys give that I actually want.

calmoney87 said:

August 2nd, 7:56 pm

When do those games come out this month? (Everything except Mafia III) I’ve beaten that already.

CallMeT8erSalad said:

August 3rd, 1:27 am

You pay $60 a year and get a few hundred dollars worth of free games plus a ton of discounts on games, movies, and dlc content so why complain about what the games are? Its awesome having a stash of games in your library to play. You buy new release games all the time and play them for a few months and most likely trade them in on something else or if you bought it digital then you just uninstall it to make room for some other game so there is $60 just for that one game that you will never get $60 back out of or you pay the $60 subscription for the year and get a couple free games every month usually they give 3 good games thats 36 free games a year for the cost of 1 new release and thats not counting the other deals you get on movies and other content. Switch to X-Box if your life is just so terrible as a PS Plus member.

punkyjezerski said:

August 4th, 10:33 am

I keep checking the ps plus member free games for this month and death by daylight still costs $30. I was excited to see that it would be free for members this month but I checked on my PlayStation and it still is $30. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not up yet for free?

Tosix4lif3 said:

August 5th, 6:13 am

It says August 7th… you know, the First Tuesday of the month. That is when ps+ games release. The first Tuesday.

SasisaPlay said:

August 7th, 12:07 am

so what to do if it’s ALREADY 7th , but DBD is still pay-to-play

Flumboguy said:

August 5th, 7:46 pm

Big boy time is upon us. Also big girl time for those with boob ;)

ottonation81 said:

August 5th, 11:57 pm

PlayStation you dropped the ball on this one. You didn’t add mafia III to the ps plus free download list. You added mafia II cause when I type in your supposedly “game” you to had pay for that one. Was looking forward to actually playing mafia III. Hope someone see this and corrects the problem cause I would love to play this game. Thank you guys in advance.

Akmaljon said:

August 7th, 4:53 am

Remember this: games are available at first Tuesday of a month, between 12-3pm EST

DJPlace said:

August 6th, 7:59 pm

get these games out of my face please…

SasisaPlay said:

August 6th, 9:08 pm

Hi! Thx for games! Can i ask you a question? WHERE ARE MY GAMES?!

SasisaPlay said:

August 6th, 9:09 pm

STOP… In my country it’s already 7th! WHY?? :<

SasisaPlay said:

August 7th, 12:02 am

sooo… i think now it’s 7th? Where?

ShuraMatoi said:

August 7th, 1:10 am

Not gonna lie was wondering the same thing. I already got a physical copy of dead by daylight I just want to get Mafia 3 and here they lie.

Dont0Feed0Bums said:

August 7th, 7:30 am

What time will they be releasing?

Nostalgic-Gamer said:

August 14th, 4:52 pm

Great selection this month Sony thank you. Now will you please include at least one JRPG every two or three months for PS+. That would be excellent.

Spenok said:

August 17th, 2:41 pm

So I am trying to claim Knowledge is Power and it’s saying I’m not eligible for it when I have an active PS+ membership and was able to grab all the other games…

Thoughts solutions?

ToxicTiger901 said:

August 18th, 2:57 am

I’d just like to say well done Sony!! The kids are on school summer holiday this month so your offering 3 games that are all rated 18+ . I’m sure your future gaming generation is well impressed!

findsilence said:

August 18th, 8:30 pm

I have PS plus for 4 kids 10 and under. I find it disappointing that all the games are rated T and M.

BRC3263 said:

August 21st, 10:00 am

I really enjoyed Mafia II but people said Mafia III is way too repetitive and not worth it. I’ve been playing for only about 16 hours and I am enjoying it. Yes, most of the missions include going to a place and killing people or destroying some contraband but I don’t mind it and the story has me invested. But this is coming from someone who likes a good grind sometimes. For example I did all the repetitive side missions in Saints Row the Third to 100% districts and I think those side missions are even more repetitive.

PAGE 1 2