God of War

Aug 09

Aug 09

Introducing the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro, Commemorating 500 Million Systems Sold

This one's for you. Thank you for helping us reach this incredible milestone.

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by Senior Vice President, PlayStation Worldwide Marketing, SIE

Today, I’m thrilled to reveal that Sony Interactive Entertainment has officially sold more than 525.3 Million PlayStation systems worldwide! With 500 Million PlayStation systems sold, that means countless adventures into the unknown, courageous stands against evil, and life-long memories of playing with family and friends. Thank you to all our fans for your passionate support over the past 24 years, which made all of this possible.

500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro

500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro

As translucent colors are always a fan-favorite, this is a great opportunity to bring this color to the PlayStation 4 Pro system as a ‘thank you’ to our fans. To celebrate this exceptional milestone, we are announcing today a global release of the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro, featuring a translucent dark blue console shell and matching DualShock 4 wireless controller, PlayStation Camera, Vertical Stand and mono headset. This PS4 Pro also comes with a massive 2TB hard drive for you to store tons of games, apps, videos, screenshots and more. It will be available for $499.99 USD (MSRP) / $639.99 CAD (MSRP), and will be limited to 50,000 units worldwide.

In addition, each system will have a commemorative copper plate on its front, with its limited edition serial number etched on. And, for the very lucky few who can get them, we have a few ‘extra special’ hardware units with serial numbers that commemorate important events in the history of PlayStation. Keep your eyes peeled for these ‘extra special’ serial numbers like 09995 (U.S. Launch Date of the original PlayStation – September 9th, 1995), 01115 (U.S. launch date of PS4 – November 15, 2013) and 01013 (U.S. launch date of PS VR – October 13, 2016).

500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro

The 500 Million Limited Edition DualShock 4 will also be available as a standalone for $64.99 USD (MSRP) / $74.99 CAD (MSRP). What’s more, a 500 Million Limited Edition Gold Wireless Headset featuring the same dark blue translucent design with copper detailing, will be available separately at $99.99 USD (MSRP) / $119.99 CAD (MSRP).

The limited edition PS4 Pro will be available on retailer websites starting August 24 – check out the PS.com page for the list of participating retailer websites in the U.S. and Canada. The limited edition DS4 and Gold Wireless Headset will be available in select retailers across the U.S. and Canada in early September. Please note, these special hardware units will be available in very, very, limited quantities.

500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro

500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro

Since its launch back in 2016, our portfolio of PS4 Pro supported content has continued to grow, truly showcasing the power of 4K TV gaming, HDR, and more. This year has been packed with even more incredible PS4 Pro enhanced games, like Detroit: Become Human, God of War and Monster Hunter: World. And we couldn’t be more excited for upcoming enhanced games like Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

In the world of PlayStation, the possibilities of play are endless and we’d like to once again thank you for the tremendous love and support that has made PlayStation the best place to play since 1994. Here’s to 500 million more epic moments and experiences ahead!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

PalaciosN420 said:

August 10th, 10:34 am

Where can I buy one in the US? The Website listed doesn’t offer much help! In the UK pre orders open on the 14th.

DaNxtLT said:

August 10th, 4:44 pm

what are the listed retailers? I can’t find where to even buy this..

TwiZtedSoldier said:

August 10th, 5:49 pm

it doesn’t say which retailers. so like how am i supposed to get it.

kunnfuteko said:

August 10th, 6:15 pm

Estoy interesado en adquirir la ps4 pro y justo anuncia esta super edición, gente, díganme por favor en que tiendas van a estar disponibles! Quiero el mio!

Rivithed said:

August 10th, 6:41 pm

For everyone asking about pre-order and retailer links: August 24th.

Genocide_uk69 said:

August 10th, 8:02 pm

The pre-orders for this in Australia have come and gone in an instant and there are already units up for resale on gumtree/ebay with a $1k markup.

ScottsAttack said:

August 10th, 11:57 pm

can you send a link so we can verify your claim?

Genocide_uk69 said:

August 12th, 3:19 pm

Got a response awaiting moderation probably because I posted a link but just look on gumtree au and search for PS4 limited edition there was like 3 on there last time I checked.

Minkme92 said:

August 10th, 8:06 pm

I looked on the ps.com site and didn’t see anywhere a list of retailers that would sell it! Does anyone else see it? Thanks!

titanfall323 said:

August 10th, 10:02 pm

It looks cool but 500?
I just don’t got the cash to spend on this
Plus I’m happy with my gold taco bell ps4 :)

ScottsAttack said:

August 10th, 11:06 pm

There is a guy on YouTube saying that in the UK, you can pre-order them on 8/14 at 10a.m. He even lists several UK retailers that you can pre-order one on… (Amazon.co.uk, Game.co.uk, smythstoys.com, ShopTo.net, Curries PC World and Very.co.uk) I’m in the U.S. WHEN CAN I PRE=ORDER ONE? Nothing on Amazon yet. I’m shocked there isn’t more info about buying one! HELP!

ScottsAttack said:

August 10th, 11:35 pm

“The limited edition PS4 Pro will be available on retailer websites starting August 24 – check out the PS.com page for the list of participating retailer websites in the U.S. and Canada.”
I went to PS.com and there is no list of participating retailer websites in the U.S. All I want to do is pre-order one. I’d pay 1k to just pre-order one. Someone please tell me if there is any way to pre-order or reserve one.

Brennt said:

August 11th, 5:29 am

You guys don’t list any retailers, but that’s cool. Just send it direct to my residence. Throw in the headset, too. Thanks, Sony.

Treability69247 said:

August 11th, 7:21 am

This looks great! To all those that don’t like it, please tell all your friends not to buy one, that will increase my chances of getting one myself ;)

jojo123skater said:

August 11th, 2:42 pm

I don’t see a list of retailers or websites. Anybody having the same problem?

R_Kennard said:

August 11th, 7:44 pm

mine is doing the same thing, what is going on??

AsHoLe_1 said:

August 11th, 5:33 pm

Will there be a pre-order for North America or what retailers are carrying this do I have to go in store or is it only website purchase?

I really hope we could go wait in line at a store because when you order online websites tons of corruption goes through with all these bots and crap scalper hackers. I’m sick of ordering online goddamn scalpers suck!

princegroove said:

August 11th, 6:38 pm

Sony,
What’s up, where are the list of retailers in the U.S.?
I NEED this Pro in my bedroom ASAP…

R_Kennard said:

August 11th, 7:41 pm

Where is the retailer list?
I need it asap

R_Kennard said:

August 11th, 7:41 pm

im pretty sure amazon right?

van2022 said:

August 11th, 11:52 pm

Already seeing these on eBay, it’s a bit annoying to see scalpers picking these things clean. Wonder how many actual fans will be able to get their hands on this before they do .):

dukegetzmoney said:

August 12th, 6:15 am

Oh yea i gots to have that,this should be my last ps4 pro lol hopefully

CheesyMac said:

August 12th, 12:41 pm

50k worldwide? Lame. How about 100k worldwide… at least. They are all going to end up on eBay for a million billion dollars. Another limited edition system most people will never get.

Dmelo22 said:

August 12th, 2:29 pm

I can’t wait

darkalterkazuma said:

August 13th, 10:41 am

great I love it, but if the demand is high enough, please release a version identical to this, just without the “limited edition) aspect, I’ve been waiting for these translucent cases to be released in u.s., and I understand you’re playing on the collector mentality, to push some corporate profit threshold due to a dip in the continuous units sold, but I want one… blue, translucent, (i care not for the limited edition aspect)
anyway, I may have said some rather troubling things, but Sony… I love you, and I want you to be better than going down the “limited edition” route
i wish you the best

CHILDBIRTHDEFECT said:

August 14th, 4:58 am

This limited edition pre-order was a sham, the only sites offering the system were UK based which is obviously now all sold out at 7:56 AM here in Pennsylvania. Most of the UK systems will be resold at super high markups. Thanks Sony for making a celebration that should have included all of us a huge streaming pile…

Doom75 said:

August 14th, 6:34 am

The US preorder is on a different date

NightWingX89 said:

August 14th, 12:38 pm

idk get why they just dont release Preorder dates for each region !!!!!!

URBANW0Lf_222 said:

August 14th, 2:24 pm

Yaassss! Managed to pre-order and pay for 2x of these consoles. 1x i will use (maybe sell as soon as next gen is out) and the other will remain sealed and added to my console collection.

Also if there any South Africans wanna get hold of 1 pre orders are live on BT games store…

spartanPRIDE14 said:

August 14th, 5:07 pm

So it says “a list of retailers are available at PS.com” on the release they had, however when you click the hyperlink it just sends you to the other release talking more in depth about the 4K system without ever actually telling you where it will be released… and when it will be available specifically, like 6am EDT or something?

Joce51813 said:

August 15th, 4:47 am

Sony this so dumb why cant you post anything that will let us know pre-order dateskr retailers list !!!!!!

badneoaldo said:

August 15th, 5:39 pm

I want one, pack it to carry!

GTAOnlineYT said:

August 15th, 5:54 pm

It’s less then the jailbroken ones but im definatly getting this i’ma get an extra one to donate it to a charity

mad_agoknee said:

August 15th, 5:56 pm

neeeeed!!!

SirMatticus said:

August 15th, 5:57 pm

Like the new look but I’m still a little confused. Your thanking me for buying your products by selling me another? Is this a Microsoft joke?

Ackermann05 said:

August 15th, 6:06 pm

That’s a sweet looking machine, I want one

budemero13 said:

August 15th, 6:10 pm

yes!!!!!!!! where can i buy one…..

Nikkodooh said:

August 15th, 6:30 pm

$500 is a good deal, and those crying that it should be $400 are just cheap, lol…

EliteRoyaleBeast said:

August 15th, 6:59 pm

It looks amazing I’m an big fan of how Sony puts a twist on how they make there products much love to Sony I will forever be an big fan of the company and the industry forever.

TheJoggingDogg7 said: