God of War

Sep 28

Sep 28

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 10/2/2018

Vibrant 3D platformer Astro Bot Rescue Mission lands on PS VR.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

In Astro Bot Rescue Mission, you control the captain of a ship trying to rescue its lost crew, who have been scattered across five planets.

Created exclusively for PS VR, the adventure spans 26 levels that take the platforming genre to new heights with 360-degree VR gameplay, precise controls, and a breathtaking level of scale and immersion.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation next week, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop Logo

PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 10/5)
Assassins Creed Odyssey
Write your own epic odyssey and become a legendary Spartan hero. Forge your destiny in a world on the brink of tearing itself apart. Influence how history unfolds in an ever-changing world shaped by your choices.
PS VR — Digital, Retail
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Astro Bot Rescue Mission is a brand-new platformer, developed exclusively for use with PS VR. Take control of Astro the captain Bot and go on an epic VR rescue mission to save your fellow Bots who are dispersed all over space.
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is an all-new chapter in the Hokuto Shinken saga! As master of the Hokuto Shinken martial arts style, Kenshiro will demolish enemies from the inside out with dozens of brutal and iconic techniques.
Freaky Awesome
PS4 — Digital (Out 10/4)
Freaky Awesome
Freaky Awesome is a highly dynamic roguelike where you’ll gain mutations by contact with the remains of your enemies. Play solo or co-op with your friends!
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Mega Man 11
The newest entry in this iconic series blends classic, challenging 2D platforming action with a fresh look. The stunning new visual style combines hand-drawn environments with detailed, 3D character models.
PS4 — Digital (Out 10/4)
The Midnight Sanctuary
A haunting story wrought by mystical visuals and talented voice artists. The Midnight Sanctuary is a full voice, full animation occult horror visual novel about the mystery of a so-called Saint who descends upon an isolated village.
PS4 — Digital (Out 10/4)
Party Crashers
Fast-paced battle-racing with a retro-future aesthetic for 1–4 players. With over 50 included game modes and almost endless customization, Party Crashers is amazingly fun out-of-the-box, and then lets you create your own fun.
PS Vita — Digital
Pato Box
Pato Box is an adventure/fighting game inspired by the “Punch-Out!!” series. It’s a surreal boxing quest with a duck!
PS VR — Digital
Racket Fury: Table Tennis VR
Step into the most realistic and intense Table Tennis experience! Feel the difference with extremely accurate physics, developed in cooperation with the professional TT Players.
PS4 — Digital, Retail
Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story
Have you ever wondered where all the powerful knights and wizards come from? No one is born a hero. It is your job, as principal of Valthiria Academy, to train the most promising students to become heroes of legend!
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 10/5)
WWE 2K19
WWE 2K19 is the latest entry to the flagship WWE video game franchise, showcasing a massive roster of popular WWE Superstars, Legends and Hall of Famers. Experience authentic WWE gameplay, creation options, and more!

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

PlayStation Vue has your favorite sports, news and
must-watch shows.

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

Tomoprime said:

September 28th, 2:14 pm

1st! Can’t wait for Astro Bot Rescue!

rafail129 said:

September 28th, 2:49 pm

Yea, finally release Astro Bot! Buy definitel!
But new Assassin- does look not bad, but this franchise still already tired me :(

TallCrowe said:

September 28th, 4:40 pm

お前はもう死んでいる I’m excited for First of the North Star

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

September 29th, 1:46 am

Omae wa mō shinde iru

HighSprinkles said:

October 4th, 7:12 am

I’ve never heard of the Fist of the North series, but I LOVE the Yakuza games. So, I bought FotNS and it’s pretty good! It doesn’t use the Dragon Engine, but it’s okay, I liked the Yakuza 0 game the best anyhow. The story seems decent and the fighting is easy as pie, but that’s what you want when you’re pretending to be a BA anyhow, right? Worth a play-through for sure!

TomHoang said:

September 28th, 9:17 pm

Astro Bot for me this week. So pumped for a high quality VR game to play!

HighSprinkles said:

October 4th, 7:16 am

I’m ready for that game too! I think that the PSVR should be used for more platforming and table-top games. I don’t want to be standing up and shooting people all the time, it gets to be tiring. I want to sit down and enjoy looking down at a virtual world without breaking my neck to aim at things on the ceiling!

TurtMan said:

September 29th, 9:10 am

ASTRO BOT!!!!!!!

steeler192 said:

September 29th, 12:19 pm

Pato Box will finally be available for the Vita! Couldn’t be happier!

Neyaru said:

September 29th, 4:23 pm

Do more sales for PS Vita games. Gravity Rush and Uncharted Golden Abyss received discounts more than a year ago.

Arn_1 said:

September 29th, 7:18 pm

Don’t sleep on Fist of the North Star. It’s a brawler in the vein of the Yakuza series. I’m in for Megaman 11. I would like to play Astro Bot too. But, I sold my PSVR earlier this year due to the slow progression. However, with the recent surge of quality, I may jump back in given a good Black Friday sale. Logic’s Young Sinatra 4 is a rap album of the year contender. My picks this week.

Mercenary09 said:

September 30th, 5:24 pm

Man what a packed week. I’m picking up:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Astro Bot Rescue Mission
Fist of the North Star
Mega Man 11

Don’t know where I’ll find the time to play them but it’s a heck of a week.

HighSprinkles said:

October 4th, 7:21 am

You can always take a two-month vacation like I have! Sure, you can’t have a partner or eat very well, but GAMES! I blame my parents for bringing an Atari 2600 in the house back in the 70s. Honest question though, was Assassin’s Creed: Origins laggy on the PS4? I played that one on the PC and it was buttery smooth, I want to make sure it’s that way for Odyssey.

HighSprinkles said:

October 4th, 7:23 am

Thanks to whomever choose Friday the 13th as a free game! I’ve been curious about that game since the inception and I never wanted to take the monetary plunge. You guys rock!