God of War

Oct 05

Oct 05

Red Dead Redemption 2: PS4 Early Access Content Revealed

First images and details for early-access content, including the Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit and High Roller double-action revolver.

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, Social Media

Hi folks! With the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 just weeks away, we wanted to share first details around some of PlayStation’s 30 days early-access content coming to Rockstar Games’ deepest and most expansive world to date.

Both Red Dead Redemption 2 and its multiplayer experience, Red Dead Online, will come with exciting PlayStation 4 benefits right from launch. In Red Dead Redemption 2, PS4 players will be able to customize Arthur Morgan with the Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit.

Come November with the launch of Red Dead Online, PS4 players will get 30 days early access to the versatile Arabian horse featuring a custom Alligator skin saddle, and the High Roller double-action revolver. Make sure that you have an active PS Plus subscription so that you can access Red Dead Online and check out these awesome items!

But with October 26 almost upon us, read on for a closer look at PlayStation’s 30 days early access content offering for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit – available day one in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode and at the launch of Red Dead Online

A slick but rugged look, the Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit is perfect for exploring the forests of Ambarino.

Featuring a wool-lined, long coat with custom, hand-tooled leather accents, a leather vest with ornate pattern details, stand wing-tip collar with black neckerchief, and custom ornate buckle with matching boot tips, the Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit pays homage to the “boss” of the Northern States, its real-world inspiration.

Red Chestnut Arabian Horse – available at the launch of Red Dead Online

Known for its speed and handling, the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse is in a class above most horses you would find in the wild, with performance a step up from the first tier of available horses.

Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle – available at the launch of Red Dead Online

In addition to its stylish look, the Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle provides a number of benefits when equipped including core Health and Stamina boosts, which increase speed and acceleration for the horse. This saddle is an enhanced version of the basic saddle that comes stock for players when starting Red Dead Online.

High Roller Double-Action Revolver – available at the launch of Red Dead Online

Looks could kill: The High Roller Double-Action Revolver features a polished steel body with unique period-inspired, beautifully detailed engraving work. The deadly, quick draw revolver comes complete with unique playing card and skull elements carved into the grip. Its superior, quick rate of fire over all other revolvers makes it a great choice for mounted combat.

See you October 26!

Add Your Own

tusunami said:

October 5th, 7:43 am

So this game is going to be Rockstar’s biggest game to date. I really can’t wait for this game its like one of the best games coming out literally this year. One thing I am curious about though will Red Dead Redemption 2 have a battle royale mode perhaps in it. The only reason I am asking is because GTAV had a battle royale mode in it. I mean it’s not like this game would need it to succeed it going to be epic whether it has it or not.

elperrazo17 said:

October 6th, 2:25 pm

Same to me am fustrated can’t wait more

LOCO209 said:

October 5th, 7:44 am

Hey Sid maybe you can get us PlayStation gamers an update or an explanation of what happened to the game AGENT. Thanks

EmoBoy4658 said:

October 5th, 8:03 am

So does that mean the other items aside from the outfit will only be available for the online portion? Or they’re just launching alongside the online component and will be available through both modes.

bIoHaZaRd767 said:

October 5th, 8:53 am

Yeah I have the same question as you EmoBoy4658.

sukTHEfac said:

October 5th, 10:40 am

so, was it worth prepaying for a product in which you have no idea of what the end result will be? a few cosmetics? save your souls, people.

SpookyX said:

October 5th, 11:06 am

Most vendors allow you to cancel pre-orders usually even after release except for psn store so all of you people that are so against pre-orders can rest easy that those of us who do pre-order get the security of knowing we have our copy and the peeks that come with it.

SpookyX said:

October 5th, 11:06 am

The perks lol

sukTHEfac said:

October 5th, 11:09 am

fair enough. To me, playing this game tells publishers we accept the behavior, which is for the sole purpose of satisfying stockholders. Not jumping through hoops to get some shiny horse saddle would eventually mean we wont have to deal with this crap. I have enough on my plate, dont want to have to set a separate reminder to cancel my preorder lol. Maybe younger people are OK with it because they dont have to think about as much. For me, this is a silly proposition and not worth the headspace. But again, fair enough reasoning on your part.

sukTHEfac said:

October 5th, 11:11 am

and by “this game” i dont mean RDR2, but the preorder- cancel cycle so many put themselves through.

PayneKiller1509 said:

October 5th, 11:32 am

Well.. I’m not preordering for cosmetics, at all. Which is why I’m only going with the standard version cause even after reading the descriptions of the special and deluxe editions I still don’t know what it’s really getting me.
    I pre-ordered the because I trust the product is good based on previous games from them and coupled with my Spider-Man purchase I’m getting $15 back, so it’s not so bad.

zamusi_pelus04 said:

October 5th, 10:44 am

i want

Nordica-1 said:

October 5th, 3:23 pm

So It’s the “Cullen Bohannon” outfit. Nice. Get in a fight, drink some whiskey, play on the train tracks and it’s a perfecr recreation of Hell On Wheels.

Einhander138 said:

October 5th, 8:54 pm

You know what would be great?

If consumers weren’t treated like walking wallets and we got the full game for one price.

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

October 5th, 9:04 pm

Im going to pre order on PS Store thank you <3

letmeplaydammit said:

October 6th, 12:57 am

Ya’ll need to quit whining about people who pre order… If that’s what they want to do let ’em do it. It’s their money, don’t dictate how and what they should do with it lol …. But I’m super excited about this game the first one kicked ass! RDR2 is gonna bat RDR1 balls outta the park!

drewmpark said:

October 6th, 5:23 am

I loved RDR1 I played tons of hours on it and undead nightmare. I really hope number 2 is way better. I hadnt decided if i wanted to pre order or not. I dont really even play much playstation anymore but winter is coming and after trapping season i have a lot of time.

edgarmdonato said:

October 6th, 2:48 am

Cant wait to play this game but now i must backntrack for black ops 4

Sakaa_03 said:

October 6th, 12:18 pm

If you want to play early, do you have to pre order the game or will it be an open beta like bf5?

Niner_Boy49 said:

October 6th, 8:01 pm

cant wait

AdrPayne said:

October 6th, 9:14 pm

What about Max Payne 4 ?

greyghost302 said:

October 7th, 6:45 pm

Guy maybe you can help pre ordered RDR2 the regular edition from PSN any way to upgrade to the special edition? And help would be great.

jamrag2009 said:

October 17th, 10:31 pm

cancel your initial preorder then order special edition. you can cancel preorders up to release day

HardyMonster said:

October 8th, 11:59 am

Anyone else think these perks are pretty lame?

MengMeng9oz said:

October 9th, 3:52 am

I cant wait to see how sweatly ppl are gonna be online…yall better act like yall ready

jamrag2009 said:

October 17th, 10:29 pm

why do you keep saying ‘Early Access’? there is no early access everyone gets it on release date. do you know what early access means? it means getting the game a few days before release date……

kaelenepresson said:

October 21st, 1:30 am

Hi all, sorry to be a bother, I’m still just confused about all this “early access” stuff. I know there is no getting RDR2 early. So how do we get these perks? (i.e. costume and horse) is it simply just preordering on psn? Or can I buy a physical copy of the game and still receive these things because I’m a ps+ member? Thanks.

xthebandgeek456 said:

October 23rd, 7:36 am

AMAZING

FrenchPlayer666 said:

October 23rd, 7:52 am

For those who are confused, the early access only mean that all DLCs will come out on Ps4 30 days before Xbox One not that there is any way to play the game early on PS4.