PlayStation VR

Oct 09

Oct 09

PlayStation VR Celebrates Second Anniversary October 13

Join us for a major new game announcement, new info on upcoming pre-order bonuses, and more.

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIE

This October 13 marks the 2nd Anniversary of PlayStation VR! To commemorate this special event, we have some exciting news to share for PlayStation VR fans, and those who have been waiting for a chance to jump into the experience.

First, we have collaborated with a few studios to highlight new details on our quickly growing line-up of immersive titles, ranging from the reveal of a new blockbuster game, to add-on content, demos, pre-orders and more! These include:

Borderlands 2 VR

Launching December 14, 2018, Available for Pre-Order Today

This December 14, PlayStation VR fans can look forward to the latest blockbuster experience to come to the platform with Borderlands 2 VR. Developed by Gearbox Software, Borderlands 2 VR brings the iconic shooting-looting world of Pandora to life like never before, as you virtually become a treasure-seeking Vault Hunter facing off against the galaxy’s most charming psychopathic dictator – Handsome Jack – with nothing but your arsenal of 87 bazillion guns. Pre-order today at PlayStation Store.

Tetris Effect

Launching November 9, 2018, Available for Pre-Order Today

Experience Tetris like you’ve never seen, heard, or felt it before: Tetris Effect is an incredibly unique, and breathtakingly gorgeous reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time, from the team who brought you the award-winning Rez Infinite and legendary puzzle game Lumines. Tetris Effect is fully playable on a standard display, or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PlayStation VR. Pre-order starting today at PlayStation Store and unlock a PlayStation 4 theme, seven avatars, and an original soundtrack sampler!

New Astro Bot Rescue Mission Free Demo

Available October 16, 2018

If you haven’t already tried SIE WWS Japan Studio’s latest title Astro Bot Rescue Mission, developed exclusively for PlayStation VR, this game is a must! Starting this October 16, you can demo the epic platformer that has been hailed as one of the best PlayStation VR titles of all time, as it takes you on an adventure through space for free through PlayStation Store. You’ll accompany Astro as he jumps across high-rise buildings and help him battle a boss!

New Firewall Zero Hour DLC

Launching October 16, 2018

After recently launching to critical and community acclaim, First Contact Entertainment’s Firewall Zero Hour is a PS VR exclusive team-based multiplayer shooter you just can’t miss. Starting October 16, you can also enjoy a new DLC pack that unlocks new items and skins to customize your character and weapons for a completely new style of play. Purchase today through PlayStation Store.

Megalith Officially Launching on January 8, 2019

Pre-Order & Free Trial Kick off November 13

Use your massive size and powerful abilities to compete against other Titans for control of the earth. Disruptive Games’ Megalith is an exciting VR hero shooter that will launch on January 8, 2019, with a free trial version available exclusively at PlayStation Store starting November 13, alongside its discounted digital pre-order. Pre-order at PlayStation Store to immediately unlock all Titans available during the trial, exclusive epic skins and an Avatar pack for each of the starting five Titans, and one additional DLC Titan included at launch.

As we eagerly await these amazing titles and updates, be sure to check out a special PlayStation VR Anniversary sale, kicking off today through October 23 at PlayStation Store. Here, you can continue to build out your library of VR content, with games such as Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, Firewall Zero Hour, SUPERHOT VR, Torn and more, all discounted up to 40% off (and up to 60% off for PlayStation Plus subscribers).

Lastly, if you haven’t already purchased a PlayStation VR system for yourself, we recently launched two bundles that showcase the range of unique VR experiences available on the platform:

Get dropped right into the heart of action with PlayStation VR Creed: Rise to Glory and SUPERHOT VR Bundle. Currently available in the U.S. and Canada for $349.99 USD (MSRP) / $449 CAD (MSRP).

For a more family-friendly experience, check out the PlayStation VR Astro Bot Rescue Mission and Moss Bundle. Currently available in the U.S. and Canada for $299.99 USD (MSRP) / $379.99 CAD (MSRP).

Have you had a chance to play with PlayStation VR yet? Share your favorite experiences on the platform with us in the comments below!

Add Your Own

morris_family said:

October 9th, 5:05 am

I have a PSVR. What I don’t have is games for it.

Sindred said:

October 9th, 5:21 am

Lol. Yeah that’s pretty much your own fault because there is plenty to play on it. This, and last, month alone gave us three great titles.

Israel1948 said:

October 9th, 8:16 am

You must have absolutely terrible or incredibly niche taste in games then.

Baggins_Delarge said:

October 9th, 10:12 am

Sorry to hear that…already have tons of videogames to choose from…Farpoint, Doom, Gran turismo, Wipeout, Harmonix vr, Resident evil 7, Skyrim, Superboy, Moss (amazing videogame), also they gave us free rush of blood which is a great game, bound, trackmania turbo or here they lie…lots of selected choices for every taste.

twitch-frusitttv said:

October 10th, 6:14 pm

Hey I like the looks of the new releases, but I would like beatsabor to be added if you can

OklandPirate730 said:

October 10th, 7:14 pm

Skyrim VR, Resident Evil (if you can handle horror), and Farpoint (with the Aim Controller) will get you off to a great start.

j_squared2 said:

October 13th, 1:05 pm

For costing as much as the system itself anyone who says they have a great selection of games is either 14 or doesn’t understand that 4 or so major titles is a joke for what was implied and advertised. Re7 is great. Granted any hardcore resident evil fan had already played through it 4 times by the time the VR launched.

Doom I can’t comment on as it’s never caught my interest. Skyrim is ancient and half the time I wish I har the standard version instead. I won’t buy the move controllers for an extra $70 or $100, they should be included. I heard inpatient was very dissapointing. And borderlands? How about some creativity? Something exclusive that isn’t more or less a mini game? What’s next call or duty Black ops?

I’m selling mine unless they put the games out there worth what they charge for the thing.

wolfgundam said:

October 16th, 6:00 pm

Dear Sony u sent me an invitation but not the actual device 2 join the party. I not spending $300+ for VR. I would buy a Pro long before that

Vizigoth04 said:

October 9th, 5:28 am

Is it the full Borderlands 2 game but in VR?

cusman said:

October 9th, 6:23 am

For $49.99 it better be

TrueLink00 said:

October 9th, 7:11 am

It looks to be a modified version of the full base game with no multiplayer.

Korahn27 said:

October 9th, 5:41 am

Yay for Astro Bot demo. I know I’ll eventually get the full game but I just feel that MORE games need demos, especially for VR titles. Also looking forward to seeing what in my wishlist might be on sale.

Linkinito said:

October 9th, 5:52 am

I guess those who already have the Handsome collection won’t have Borderlands 2 VR for free or through a patch… It’s Skyrim all over again :(

FuzionMaciek said:

October 13th, 11:22 am

It’s pretty much a whole different game in VR by what was announced so it only makes sense….

cmdluke said:

October 9th, 6:12 am

BeatSaber please!!!!!!!

ChrisCowan369 said:

October 9th, 6:22 am

When will we hear more about Blood & Truth? Easily my most anticipated PSVR game.

cusman said:

October 9th, 6:26 am

Disappointing that Borderlands 2 does not have the PS Aim Controller listed as supported. After playing Firewall Zero Hour with the PS Aim Controller and having full locomotion, I don’t want to go back to Dual Move Controllers and compromised movement controls.

clupula668 said:

October 9th, 6:46 am

That’s a really cool announcement about Borderlands 2, BUT I need to know two things before I consider purchasing it. First, can I use my old Handsome Collection save and second, can I play co-op with people who have the regular version? Those two are both kinda deal breakers. Still, I love the idea of being able to play it in VR (currently playing Zone of the Enders on it) and I hope they carry the idea over for Borderlands 3.

FuzionMaciek said:

October 13th, 11:20 am

Most likely won’t be able to play with your old save but you most definitely won’t be able to play co-op with people at all since this is now a single player game ^^

maxvtec said:

October 9th, 8:35 am

Really? You guys are releasing paid DLC for Firewall before you even fix the game?

Im tired of host ended games, WTF is this COD4?

How about more game modes or fix the tracking, farpoint got it right!

Make the games best out of 5 matches waiting for the next match is longer than the actual match!

Add different game modes and Intead of having different play Lits add them all together and let us choose which game mode is next, this way we don’t have to split the community.

redcell89 said:

October 9th, 10:29 am

I dont have VR (yet?) but I was wondering if anyone knows about plans to release update motion controllers. Not a fan of PS Move.

LastPlace09 said:

October 9th, 3:22 pm

PSVR is my favorite video game thing ever.

Tatanka2007 said:

October 9th, 3:40 pm

The PS VR Birthday Sale is nice. However, I hate seeing bundles that RIP OFF Playstation gamers.

The price of Star Trek Bridge Crew (which is discounted) plus Next Gen DLC (which is NOT) is cheaper than the bundle that’s on the sale! Come on! The bundle that’s being discounted is higher than the separate items!

paulogy said:

October 10th, 3:52 pm

Happy Birthday/Anniversary PSVR! Nice to see the games lineup continuing to grow :-)

HealyHQ said:

October 10th, 6:00 pm

PSVR really brought VR to the mainstream gaming audience. Happy anniversary! I’ve loved every moment I’ve spent in VR. The future of gaming looks very bright indeed! :D

BlackTrainXIII said:

October 10th, 6:22 pm

I love Borderlands and this is pretty exciting.

…but with that said, where is BeatSaber?!?!?!

JordanNYCTV said:

October 10th, 8:18 pm

Hey who said nobody would love this like all of us have to cause we love PlayStation but Xbox can just get off this page no respect for Xbox PlayStation members only

DashDash42 said:

October 11th, 9:16 am

Wow i can’t what for Borderlands 2 VR. The

snake2d1 said:

October 17th, 2:05 am

Got some very good ideas. But can We see Killzone Vr Or how about sender man VR???. Got to bring in the heavy Hitteram I right???

keissei said:

October 17th, 8:59 pm

Nice

catfish09 said:

October 17th, 10:07 pm

Love the VR like to see a full game call of duty vr

s_25_11 said:

October 18th, 12:49 pm

Love the VR

Carlos_D_Cactus said:

October 18th, 2:34 pm

Happy Birthday PSVR!!!

SKillerDublinIRL said:

October 18th, 5:28 pm

The code is INVALID!!!

Galactic_Warlock said:

October 18th, 6:34 pm

I am so happy on psvr, I hope Sony keeps us happy another 5 years at least:)

navcomm81 said:

October 21st, 6:22 am

I ordered the Moss/Astro Bot bundle yesterday for $282 taxes in, and already have one Move wand, and grabbed another used one for $15 at EB Games. Not a bad deal.. and the few games I still want are either on sale on PSN or covered by my staff discount.

lostfanatic6 said:

October 23rd, 7:18 am

This was such a great sale! I picked up 3 games and I wanted so many more! Keep up the great sales for VR, Sony, and keep bringing more quality content!