PlayStation VR

Oct 29

Oct 29

Announcing PlayStation Classic’s Full Lineup of 20 Games

Metal Gear Solid, Cool Boarders 2, Twisted Metal, Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil Director’s Cut, Rayman and more legendary games will come pre-loaded on PS Classic.

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIE

For all of us at PlayStation, it was so exciting to see the positive response from the community to last month’s PlayStation Classic announcement. Today we are happy to reveal the entire lineup of the 20 games that come pre-loaded on the console when it launches in the U.S. and Canada on December 3.

We previously highlighted five fan-favorites – Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. Here’s the full list of titles that fans can now look forward to playing:

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms

PlayStation Classic offers these 20 amazing games, two controllers, and many hours of fun. If you haven’t pre-ordered already, visit PlayStation.com for availability in your region.

Let us know which game you’re most excited to play in the comments below!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

JMG24BAD said:

October 29th, 5:05 am

Yea, that is a really great list. Holy crap!

downphoenix said:

October 29th, 7:58 am

The list is decent overall but mine was way better. Also some of the choices are just questionable, like why TM1 over 2? R6 on PS1 sucked compared
    to the other, why not Disruptor or Medal of Honor instead?

berianco said:

October 29th, 12:58 pm

Heavy-hitters that put PlayStation on the map are missing;

-Tomba 2
    -Tiny Tank
    -Jersey Devil
    -Croc: Legend of Gobbo
    -Bloody Roar
    -Jet Moto
    -Vigilante 8
    -Test Drive 4-5
    -Revolt RC racing
    -Driver 2

Fusion13 said:

October 29th, 5:55 pm

Yo J! Yeah I’m likely getting this. Even if just to have as a neat collectable.

yoursoulismine said:

October 29th, 9:27 pm

I would have bought it but they didn’t put any great games on except tekken 3, ridge racer and cool boarders

viral_dna said:

October 30th, 2:41 am

I should have bet money on which games you’d add to the line-up, Intelligent Qube was one I was 100% sure you would add and you did! Such a great hidden gem. And of course Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, that will make someone I know very happy!

I’m also looking forward to playing Battle Arena Toshinden, GTA, and Oddworld. With naturally FF7 being the #1 game I’m excited for. A great line-up for sure, though I must admit, I was shocked not to see a Tony Hawk game on the list.

Finally, thanks to all those involved in making this happen <3

babylushi88 said:

October 31st, 4:53 pm

Yesssssssss I’m so happy and i can’t wait to get………..it……….yes yes yes lol

AsParallel said:

October 31st, 5:39 pm

Wow, lotta people with no taste. Platformer jockets, only good game is tekken 3? FF VII defined the playstation, wild arms was amazing, syphon filter was splinter cell before splinter cell, and grand theft auto started it all. And freaking metal gear solid. Some people are better off on nintendo.

The only way this could have been better would be if it had Parasite Eve, Star Ocean 2, Vandal Hearts, Suikoden II, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics, SOTN, Soul Reaver, Bushido Blade and Xenogears.

ZephynM said:

October 31st, 7:20 pm

I would have been happy to play the PlayStation Classic if it had Star Ocean the Second Story. I miss being able to play that game with Claude and Rena.

ZephynM said:

October 31st, 7:21 pm

Sorry I meant to put this comment in the general postings. Some reason it put it under your post instead.

angel_of_chaos55 said:

November 1st, 10:37 am

Can u play playstation disc games on it are no

ItzAtarii said:

November 1st, 10:40 pm

Where is SpongeBob Battle for Bikin Bottom D:

Psyrecx said:

November 14th, 12:54 am

@berianco

Tomba 2 is a PS2 game… Fail.

KahrusDevolk said:

November 16th, 8:57 am

Tomba 2 a ps2 game… guess again Timmy.

Anedime said:

November 16th, 2:16 pm

@berinco
    As much as I love almost all of those titles. Most of them were mid to end lifecycle releases, playstation was already well established when they came out, they definitely dind’t put it on the map.

@Psyrecx
    @KahrusDevolk
    I’m not sure what you’re mistaking it with, but Tomba 2 was definitely a PS1 game.

I’m actually not sure how you even managed to make this mistake as there was no Tomba title for the PS2.

sherlyalex said:

November 16th, 8:22 pm

Good Afternoon mr/mrs Playstation
    I just want to share, my really want
    I really wish playing game ps1 again, but i don’t understand, where i buy playstation classic in my country Indonesia
    I LoVe
    Sim Theme Park,
    Disney Kitchen,
    Suikoden 1 & Suikoden 2, and then
    Harvest Moon Back To Nature
    Because I really miss my childhood.
    Thank You so much Playstation. I LOVE YOU PLAYSTATION ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL .

ZILLA0131 said:

November 21st, 2:06 pm

I was really hoping for Jaws Unleashed.

JumpMan33 said:

October 29th, 5:10 am

I was hoping for the PS1 version of Street Fighter Alpha 3, with it’s console version only World Tour mode.

Remote Play and DualShock 4 support on the PSclassic would be a good fit. Crossing my fingers that Sony adds them in.

Krillinfan said:

October 29th, 5:17 am

That’s not gonna happen. Defeats the entire purpose of a retro console.

Kai_Shenlong said:

October 29th, 5:18 am

This console won’t have any kind of connection. 100% standalone. And at this point, the hardware design is finalized, they won’t be adding/changing features.

Drago1082 said:

October 29th, 7:15 am

Remote play? You do realize the Vita already plays PSOne Classics, right? If your plan is to play these games remotely buy a Vita, if you can find one, and enjoy.

Teflon02 said:

October 29th, 8:27 am

Dual Shock 4 will probably work as it’ll be hacked within seconds and the controllers are USB. So I doubt anything to worry about. I plan on getting it and changing some of the games etc. But the games I change will probably be Dualshock titles so I’ll have to have a control with analog.

I’m surprised by no chrono cross though

Drago1082 said:

October 29th, 8:44 am

@Teflon02

I’m not, chrono cross was not a good game. Chrono Trigger is the better of the two and one of the best Rpgs of all time. I was hoping for trigger on the classic but I still own a Vita and a PS3 for PSOne classics so I’m not bummed out by the games that didn’t make the cut for this classic console.

bigkurz said:

October 29th, 8:59 am

@drago

Ignoring of course that the ps1 version of Chrono Trigger is the worst way to play that game

Drago1082 said:

October 29th, 6:50 pm

@bigkurz

I own Trigger on psn and ds. Don’t care how you play it, play it, it’s a great game.

prmtyme said:

October 30th, 6:16 am

agreed and IQ actually goes for a pretty penny so to see it there is fantastic. I am kinda disappointed in the lineup for those who havent played these games enjoy!

Wilkie_G said:

November 19th, 11:15 am

They should have put Alpha 3 on there.

ScottyWired said:

October 29th, 5:12 am

Oh damn son, I’m excited to play Persona 1

Krillinfan said:

October 29th, 5:17 am

Slightly disappointed that there’s no Legend of Dragoon, but nice to see Syphon Filter back.

adadion said:

November 27th, 3:44 am

Ah, what a memories. Also, used to play Syphon FIlter family, and still wondering why the PS4 even PS3 version do not exist :(

Khaoz76 said:

October 29th, 5:18 am

Wow, I’m honestly so excited for this entire collection now! I was hoping Battle Arena Toshinden would be there so that’s probably highest on my list, but great selection all around! <3

Arn_1 said:

October 29th, 5:21 am

Not the list I wanted. I’m now unsure on my purchase.

Xamaryllix said:

October 29th, 9:00 am

Same. Pleased to see MGS but I was really hoping for Wip3out and/or Gran Turismo.

anszbd1 said:

October 29th, 5:24 am

Where’s tomb raider 1? Gran turismo 1? 2D rayman games rather than the 3D one (rayman 2 the great escape)? Where’s street fighter alpha or alpha 2? Suikoden 1 or/and 2? Castlevania sotn? Where’s others ps1 rpg? There’s so many games missing in here.

I think it will be way better if the ps1 classic can download ps1 games from psn, the first 20 games is free, for other games players can buy it on psn.

tpres1975 said:

October 29th, 6:42 am

Agree with this comment 100%. No TR, + no GT, + no Suikoden = no buy for this guy. I know for some this list is great. But I only see maybe 5 or 6 games on there that I’m interested in, and 3 of them I own on my PS3.

Drago1082 said:

October 29th, 7:20 am

Or you could buy a Vita, licensing rights had to play a major factor in what titles made the list, there are plenty of PSONE classics to download and play for the handheld. The original PS couldn’t download games, I don’t understand why people keep asking for this classic console to have features the original never did.

buckwhizzle said:

October 31st, 5:46 pm

Wipeout would have been an excellent choice.I would like to have seen Warhawk as well.

Xbox1_Sign_Out said:

October 29th, 5:27 am

No Symphony of the Night? You almost sold me on this, Sony..

jrodfantastic said:

October 29th, 7:37 am

Your opportunity to play SotN just released 3 days ago.

tenshin78 said:

October 29th, 11:59 am

yes 3 days ago in the way of a bad bad port

NargakugaJade said:

October 31st, 3:52 pm

Play it on vita. Buy the ps1 version or else the amazing dracula x chronicles for psp.

ThaFamilyGuy said:

October 29th, 5:28 am

It’s great to see the underrated IQ and SPF2T make the list. I didn’t realize that PS1 Rainbow Six was that popular or essential to the catalog.

johnm85419-jpmii said:

October 29th, 5:30 am

please add Crash Bandicoot!

phuc said:

October 29th, 5:32 am

I don’t know if I can play MGS without the analog sticks.

ThaFamilyGuy said:

October 29th, 5:38 am

The problem with having SUCH an amazing catalog of games is never being able to include all of the amazing genre-defining and genre-creating titles that were available on the PS1. We can only hope that this stirs enough interest for Sony to add a perpetual Virtual Console of their own to future PS consoles and handhelds.

kuhpkache said:

October 29th, 5:45 am

Genuinely happy that Crash, Spyro and Medieval are not on the list, since all 3 are remastered now. Great list! Looking forward to getting this! :D

Xephalos said:

October 29th, 6:06 am

Huge disappointment. This stuff was all already released as Classics on PSN store! Seriously, do they listen to a single fans request???? Tons of lists provided to them and they just Copy & Paste. Shame on you Playstation

Elvick_ said:

October 29th, 6:32 am

Tekken 3 is not released on PSN… I don’t think some of the others are either. But that one definitely is not as it has always bummed me out since it’s my favorite in the series.

Trash_Wolff said:

October 29th, 6:59 am

that stupid puzzle turbo was released on PSN. i got it for a free DL. I have no idea why they did that at all.

Hackbarthja said:

October 29th, 6:07 am

No Grand Turismo, Tomb Raider, Tomba? I feel like some of these games are just fillers..I love love love PlayStation but I feel like they dropped the ball here. Hopefully it’s just an emulator and we can add our own favorites later on.

RepeatingDigits said:

October 29th, 6:12 am

Well, since everyone here is too busy being on their knees doing you-know-what to Sony, I’m just going to say it; this list sucks.

Why the awful RE:DC version with butchered music?
Why even have garbage like Persona 1?
Why Rayman 1 instead of 2?
Why GTA instead of GTA2?
Rainbow Six with no analog? Why even put it?
Puzzle Fighter, Mr. Driller?! Are you guys brain-dead?

Where’s Silent Hill? Gran Turismo 2? Crash? Tomba? A proper Resident Evil? Vagrant Story? FFT? Sheep Raider? Any of the MegaMan X games? Chrono Cross? Castlevania SOTN?

I for sure won’t be buying this. Your latest decisions sure leave a lot to be desired and make a compelling case to skip whatever machine you put out next.

RepeatingDigits said:

October 29th, 6:19 am

And I forgot other classics like Tony Hawk, Croc, Soul Reaver (!), Tomb Raider, Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve. It’s just mind-blowing how poor the game selection for the PS1 Classic is and if the N64 Classic is a thing you people basically gave Nintendo the holidays, congratulations.

Elvick_ said:

October 29th, 6:30 am

Crash was remade… the entire Mega Man X series was just released in a collection, Castlevania SotN was just re-released too (I did want that too though… lol)

Rayman 1 adds diversity to the lineup, that’s probably why it’s there over 2. I suppose either would’ve done that, but Rayman has aged better. Did Rayman 2 use the dualshock/analogs? A 3D platformer ain’t too fun with a dpad that may be a reason too. I didn’t play 2 on PSone. It also has less content on PSone than other releases so that might be a reason.

Eduva91 said:

October 29th, 6:16 am

So no Tomb Raider, Silent Hill, RE 2, Crash, Gran Turismo 2, Missing a lot of grear games, so of the list, fill like just there to make 20 games. Canceling my preorder.

davivman said:

October 29th, 6:20 am

This is actually not a bad list. Some really good games on here. Certainly there are other games I would have liked as well but the original PS had a ton of good games only so much money that could be devoted to 3rd party games. Also based on the the choices of first party games chosen (e.g., twisted metal 1 instead of 2) I am now 100% convinced there will be a new version next year with a completely different set of games. They would need to leave some heavy hitters for that one if they are going to convince consumers to buy a mini PS a second time.

Elvick_ said:

October 29th, 6:23 am

I have literally never heard of Battle Arena Toshinden or Intelligent Qube. Never played Destruction Derby, but have at least heard of it in passing from other people. So it’s weird to see two ‘classics’ I’ve not heard of before in one way or another.

Really wish Tomb Raider was in there (or at least one of them), and The Legend of Dragoon. Missed opportunity. Tomb Raider was a huge part of the PSone and it’s legacy. And The Legend of Dragoon is a stellar first party offering from Japan Studio.

I’m really happy Wild Arms is in there, but it would’ve been nice to see Legend of Dragoon get some recognition… particularly given Dart was scrapped for PS All-Stars back when. :/ Can’t fans catch a break? Give us something. (remake ;3)

If I had a perfect lineup Destruction Derby and Mr Drill wouldn’t be in it either. And would put like Castlevania: SotN, Mega Man Legends, Xenogears, Crash Team Racing, Suikiden, Grandia, or Parasite Eve. But I don’t mind them that much…. wish there were more than 20 games just so it would have more chances to include more classics. I know it’s a hard choice and 20 is really limiting. And one per franchise is even more limiting.

Munkeyhaus said:

October 29th, 6:42 am

Battle Arena Toshinden was a *launch* title for PlayStation. It hasn’t aged well but it was something I expected.

Agree about Tomb Raider, though.

g00ster18 said:

October 29th, 6:41 am

12 out of 20 of these titles have been available to download on the PS Store for years, so this is a bit of a disappointment. It will look nice next to my NES/SNES Classics though, right?

Alastor424 said:

October 29th, 6:43 am

Meh. The list has some cool stuff, but nothing I don’t already have available on my PS3. I get it though, it’s for the nostalgia. But at this price, not for me. Glad to see everyone so happy though.

GraylyFoxing said:

October 29th, 6:47 am

Definitely not the list I was hoping for. A few of these additions I feel are questionable but I suppose they are there for variety. Disappointed in the lack of Dino Crisis, Silent Hill or Parasite Eve. I’ll pass on this and just stick to PS1 games on my Vita.

VonBurk said:

October 29th, 6:59 am

Hmmmm, that’s a great lineup but I was hoping for a few more classics like wipEout2097 or wip3outSE, Klonoa, Gran turismo, Omega Boost, Soul Blade, Croc, Die Hard Trilogy, Armored Core and a whole bunch of others. I wish they’d release more PS1 classics on the store in general. I still play them on my PS3/PSP/Vita.

Teaporter said:

October 29th, 7:00 am

Mostly have these games on my PSN account and i wish i could play them on my PS4

Seluhir said:

October 29th, 7:24 am

This seems weird of me to say… but I kind of wish they’d gone for more smaller, niche games. The majority of these games CAN BE PLAYED fairly easily in other legally available forms. The MGS collection, PS1 Classics, remasters/re-releases, ports, etc.

Like… with the NES/SNES Classics they went for bigger hits but that worked because the Wii was so long ago and the Wii-U was a completely dead console so playing those games was difficult at this time… given how easy it is to play a lot of these games, I’d have liked to have seen less available titles.

I will likely still try to get one of these, but I’m less worried if I am unable to than I would be if this had more titles that were harder to find.

MR-Shakalaka said:

October 29th, 7:30 am

I was hoping for legend of dragoon come on sony

sukTHEfac said:

October 29th, 8:27 am

cool thing to hope for but a PS “classic” should be expected to come with classic games

Bam4evr said:

October 29th, 8:46 am

The Legend of Dragoon is a PS1 classic.

The_Tuck said:

October 29th, 7:31 am

This is cool for someone who doesn’t have access to these games elsewhere.

KazeEternal said:

October 29th, 7:33 am

Can I just have ps1 classics on my PS4? Maybe even let me use my existing library of games. Add titles like tekken 3.

sukTHEfac said:

October 29th, 8:26 am

but they want ALL the money, not just some

sukTHEfac said:

October 29th, 7:49 am

No icons like Crash, Tomb Raider, or Spyro? I know that you have remakes coming out but that shouldn’t be the reason these mainstays are off your PS “Classic”

Therapy_Guru said:

October 29th, 8:05 am

It is an absolutely travesty that Xenogears is not on this. You should be ashamed.

mrbaltan said:

October 29th, 8:05 am

It was a long shot, but my heart hurts that there is no Tenchu.

Apex_Soldier25 said:

October 29th, 8:26 am

It’s a decent line up. Wish Final Fantasy 7 was out and put 8. Would say Medievil but least it’s getting a remake. I got my preorder in either way. Least we know scalpers won’t hit it up.

sukTHEfac said:

October 29th, 8:29 am

i think it’s pretty gross that they are leaving classic staples off just because they want to sell their remakes. greedy at the expense of their own product.

Orionsangel said:

October 29th, 8:26 am

That’s a pretty lame list.

The good ones

FF7
MGS
Resident Evil DC
Twisted Metal
Tekken 3

Everything else is meh!

Games I was hoping to see on it

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Spyro
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Tomb Raider
Driver
Gran Turismo
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Crash Bandicoot
Wipeout XL
Ape Escape

TrentDF1 said:

October 29th, 8:32 am

There are a couple of classics on here, such as Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid, but as a whole this is honestly a really disappointing list. Over half of THE PS1-defining games weren’t included. I definitely wouldn’t call this thing a “Classic.”

Smeggob said:

October 29th, 8:36 am

Revelations Persona. The poster boy for botched localization, and you guys think it deserves a slot solely due to how well P5 sold?
Literally any other Atlus JRPG on the PSX would’ve suffice over this.
P1 is so mediocre and has aged horribly.
Also like why is the JP lineup so much better? Parasite Eve, Arc the Lad, G Darius etc.
I get the argument is that the line-up is geared towards specific regions but there are better, more iconic options that should be on here. Tomb Raider, Symphony of the Night, Silent Hill, PaRappa the Rapper, Gran Turismo, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Spyro to name a few.
MGS, Rayman, Tekken, Oddworld, Twisted Metal, Res1 (hopefully not GH version), FF7, and Syphon Filter deserve their roles but the rest…yeah it just looks like Sony scrounged around for any licensees they could find.
Pretty poor lineup.

SpliTTMark said:

October 29th, 2:03 pm

Smeggob said: ps1 is mediocre.. Lists dozens of awesome ps1 games……..

kryptonrider said:

October 29th, 10:23 pm

SpliTTMark, I believe P1 on this comment means Persona 1, not PS1.

Bam4evr said:

October 29th, 8:58 am

Ah…I can’t say I’m hyped for this. There’s no excuse for not having any Crash, Spyro, or Tomb Raider games, or DualShock controllers. That’s not to say that the whole list is bad but it is still underwhelming. Aside from the games I just mentioned, it’s also missing The Legend of Dragoon, Xenogears, and Ape Escape.

Personally, I’d rather Sony re-release this with a better lineup and DualShock controllers. I’m not sure what are the chances of that happening but I had such high hopes for this that I hate that this is how it ended up, knowing that it could have been much better.

IllFistYourFace said:

October 29th, 9:22 am

Cancelling pre order

Chuckbait said:

October 30th, 5:16 am

I’m cancelling my pre-order too. Tenchu, either Tony Hawk, Soul Reaver..if .either of these were included, I would have bought. So unless things change, I would only buy this for~$50, at this point. Disappointed

Exalted_Knight said:

October 29th, 9:36 am

Dear PlayStation:

Are we going to have to wait until December 3rd to see the UI (User Interface)? I am curious as to if you guys inspired the original UI into this retro mini consoles release?

Regards,

Exalted_Knight

bobey4 said:

October 29th, 11:30 pm

I like your comment they better have a similarity to the original menu UI I’m halfway to cancel my preorder or bring it back to Best Buy only 8 well known great games and remember
    “no ac adopter in the box” got all these new people working at PlayStation messing everything up and disrespect my childhood

JustJim32 said:

October 29th, 9:41 am

Wait, is Persona 1 still going to have the blackface? You know changing the lighthearted trouble making graffiti artist, Masao Inaba into a black guy named Mike.

Smeggob said:

October 29th, 10:09 am

First off it’s not black face if the character is changed to be black. 2nd he name is Markl and he danced crazy. And 3rd it’ll be hilarious to see the uproar since Mark is called a monkey often in that game due to his ears and not skin based off the Japanese version.

Tirekyll said:

October 29th, 9:48 am

damn, can’t wait to play “Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo”. Been waiting for another puzzle game.

Blitzace10 said:

October 29th, 9:50 am

Glad Syphon Filter made the cut. I really wish that Sony would bring that back. With Metal Gear kinda gone, Sony could have their own stealth games with it

DanlyKirbster said:

October 29th, 9:54 am

I’m glad I didn’t pre-order.

ThrustyNinja said:

October 29th, 10:07 am

This is a horrible selection of games… very few I’d consider classics that remember fondly when I think back to the PS1 era. Where are the Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Gran Turismo, Tony Hawk, and many other actual classics? Pre order cancelled!

AeraLure said:

October 29th, 10:23 am

I’ll echo others that the list is rather poor. A couple good things in there, but for something like this, you should have went for a slam dunk on all 20 titles, with a full list of actual classics. It’s missing things like:

Tomb Raider
Gran Turismo
Suikoden 1 and/or 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Spyro
Crash
Legend of Dragoon
Xenogears
Tenchu

And more! Missing just so many things that should have been there and replaced about 15 of what was actually chosen. Gotta pass on this. Big missed opportunity here.

Davesumoto said:

October 29th, 10:30 am

I am not buying. I bought PS1 digital titles believing future consoles would support the digital titles. Add that feature to PS4/PS5 please.

Kemix100 said:

October 29th, 10:50 am

Please let this be as easily hackable as the NES/SNES Classics.

Shona-SoF said:

October 29th, 10:56 am

Good list. Definitely representative of what the PS1 was about and is a must buy for me as this is my favorite console and I only own 8 of the listed games.

Despite a lot of the comments lamenting the lack of inclusion of many popular games, it is understandable that many potential popular requests are unsellable now due to expiration of licences for cars (Gran Turismo/Need For Speed), music (WipEout), or franchise rights (Tony Hawk). And there are probably costs associated with getting permission from licence holders of 3rd party games, as well.

Personally, I am not missing out on anything not included on the classic as I own most of the games would want for PS1, but from the standpoint of attracting customers, the selection is fairly weak. most of this list is “here are some recognizable PS1 games” when (purely from a marketing and attractiveness point of view) it should have been “Here is a selection of definitive PS1 legends!”

tl;dr Good list. Could have been truly special.

strOAKlandsbest7 said:

October 29th, 11:03 am

HOW DOES THIS NOT HAVE TOMB RAIDER?!?!?!?!?! I already pre-ordered….. i think I might cancel.

Vapor_Lameth said:

October 29th, 11:14 am

Can I trade some of the NA (and PAL) exclusives for some of the JP ones instead, like Parasite Eve and SaGa Frontier? Arc the Lad 1 and 2? Heck, I’d trade some of the all-region titles out for those, like Battle Arena and Jumping Flash (neither of which I’d heard of before seeing the list. I had, thanks to people with questionable choices in games, seen Intelligent Qube).

The list is decent, I’m sure, but the first Playstation was where RPGs really took off, at home and abroad, and it’s sad that the NA region isn’t really seeing that.

Plus, it’d’ve been nice to see analogue sticks on the controllers; that was a ps1 thing, as early as before the NA region got FF7. (SCPH-1150 JA, -1180 NA, -1180e PAL for the first one, -1200 for the first DualShock controller in late 1997); at least two games called out in the wikipedia article on the DualShock even call out games on the PSClassic list that support it (Resident Evil Director’s Cut, and Tekken 3)…

So yeah, lots of missed potential for this US$100 system.

Smetes said:

October 29th, 11:19 am

A really Good line-up of games, I think not having a wipeout or tomb raider game on it is a shame but i also i think the weak link game for me on the list would be rainbow six, i used to own both versions on PS1 & PC & the PC version was by far the better game & in my opinion there were far better FPS Games available on the PS1 that probably could have been added instead but that’s just my take on it, Doom, Alien Trilogy, Duke Nukem 3D, Disruptor which i thought were all ace & Exhumed which is my fav fps game on the system & one of the best i’ve ever played on any system, but still good all the same…!

PAGE 1 2 3 4