God of War

Oct 29

Oct 29

Announcing PlayStation Classic’s Full Lineup of 20 Games

Metal Gear Solid, Cool Boarders 2, Twisted Metal, Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil Director’s Cut, Rayman and more legendary games will come pre-loaded on PS Classic.

Mary Yee's Avatar Posted by Vice President, Marketing, SIE

For all of us at PlayStation, it was so exciting to see the positive response from the community to last month’s PlayStation Classic announcement. Today we are happy to reveal the entire lineup of the 20 games that come pre-loaded on the console when it launches in the U.S. and Canada on December 3.

We previously highlighted five fan-favorites – Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. Here’s the full list of titles that fans can now look forward to playing:

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms

PlayStation Classic offers these 20 amazing games, two controllers, and many hours of fun. If you haven’t pre-ordered already, visit PlayStation.com for availability in your region.

Let us know which game you’re most excited to play in the comments below!

Add Your Own

KiLL3316 said:

October 30th, 3:42 pm

Twisted Metal and metal gear solid has me sold!

Legion_Of_Meh said:

October 30th, 4:19 pm

The Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Crash Bandicoot: Warped, or Mega Man Legends would’ve been great to see on this list. Just one of those would’ve made this so much better.

sqall7841 said:

October 30th, 5:14 pm

Where is brave fencer musashi is a cool game ?

Hyperboost671 said:

October 30th, 6:21 pm

SOCOM Series REMASTERED or a reboot please!!!!

Youyouk_ said:

October 30th, 11:29 pm

Playstation wouldn’t be Playstation without Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot and Gran Turismo… How could they miss in this console !?

ItalianSausage said:

October 31st, 6:48 am

They should have at least put a Gran Turismo in there

marclar83 said:

October 31st, 8:51 am

It’s a pretty decent list, but there’s a couple of bad games as well!
Great games:

– Destruction Derby
– Street Puzzle Fighters II
– Jumping Flash
– Mr Driller

Bad Games:
– Battle Area Toshinden
– Tom Clancy Rainbow Six (sucked on PSX)

Games I wish was on that list:
– Parasite Eve (I or 2)
– Silent Hill
– Castlevania Symphony of the Night
– Jet Moto (1, 2 or 3)
– Spyro 3
– Crash Team Racing
– Soul Reaver

JoniStation said:

October 31st, 9:08 am

The comments appear to have a consensus between mixed and negative responses. By PlayStation’s standards, that’s a failure in my book. Is there a fix to the so-so list? Maybe release another version with other games, or a statement explaining why so many were omitted? I’m sure there was some type of licensing issue with several titles.

God-Of-Lyf said:

October 31st, 9:09 am

I was hoping for Devil Dice but figured it was slim to none…!

MidnightDragonDX said:

October 31st, 11:32 am

Nothing I want is on that list. Pass.

chimpmeister23 said:

October 31st, 4:48 pm

Very disappointing list. I cancelled my Best Buy preorder, not worth it at all IMO.

alvincjr said:

October 31st, 4:50 pm

I wonder how you save your game progress?

Rick_Slam_U_2 said:

October 31st, 4:54 pm

I’m glad that Syphon Filter is finally getting the respect it deserves by being on this collection of Classics. But come on Sony! Revive the damn IP already! There was some absolutely great games and great stories that came out of this IP. It deserves to be revived and hell you’re practically left it on a cliffhanger! Which bites tremendously!

slicedchimp69069 said:

October 31st, 5:11 pm

I love the Tekken games !! What a great birthday present

ProKillerBeast said:

October 31st, 5:22 pm

Does this mean that we won’t be getting backward compatibility?. I mean I love PS1 don’t get me wrong, but I would love that compatibility. My shelf can’t fit any more Playstations.

Octoblitz said:

October 31st, 5:29 pm

Honestly don’t like the fact that MediEvil, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Castlevania, and Tomb Raider weren’t on this list, but beggars can’t be choosers I suppose. But hey, we got the trailer for Medievil Remastered so that’s a plus!

Triple_Double_PS said:

October 31st, 5:38 pm

This is the problem with licensing and having lawyers determine the list. Sure, games with licensed cars or music won’t make it on. But to exclude Crash, SOTN, or Spyro because of the remakes is not a good decision. Some hard to find classics like Klonoa or Tomba! would have been nice. And Japan gets Devil Dice, Parasite Eve, and G. Darius while we get Destruction Derby? I just can’t justify this list, or trying to play MGS without a Dual Shock. Pass.

RaoulDuke1965 said:

October 31st, 5:50 pm

Syphon filter and MGS and ofcoarse GTA . Still have my original copies of syphon filter 1+2 , MGS and GTA 1+ 2 which I will never get rid of. At first syphon filter was not on the list but now it is because that game is one of the best games of its time and will always have a special place on my heart . So glad they added it !

badman-untouchab said:

October 31st, 5:56 pm

It have a game i havent played in a long time sailent bomer do guys have that ?

downstormaf said:

October 31st, 6:33 pm

Some of these games dont even make sense. After the full lost announcement, the increase of preorder cancellations must have sky rocketed, I have talked to more than five people that have already cancelled. Now if you give the ability for us to be able to include games that we would like without having to hack it, then this will be sold out. This is my personal opinion. I would have loved to see a rare, popular and hard to find game like Valkyrie Profile, Ehrgeiz, Tony hawk, symphony of the night, FF tactics, crash team racing, need for speed hot persuit, dino crisis, parasite eve and surely many others. I feel like poor choices were maid when game selection but there are some good games.

downstormaf said:

October 31st, 6:37 pm

Forgot to mention jet moto 2, gran turismo, grandia, gex the gecko, soul reaver, … etc

H4Z3RD4 said:

October 31st, 7:35 pm

Cmon guys jet moto, tomb raider?????

IAMNMBR007 said:

October 31st, 8:06 pm

It left out out one of the most important classic game on PlayStation…….. Tomb Raider

nanasi3_uk said:

October 31st, 8:30 pm

It would be nice if there is a YouTube playlist with gameplay footage of all these games.
Some of them I have never played, on the edge on whether I should buy the PlayStation Classic now

Nevmin said:

Xenogears

Nevmin said:

October 31st, 8:46 pm

Chrono*

wayneace said:

October 31st, 8:58 pm

I don’t think the average consumer is who they are thinking of i think it’s marketing and licensing. the powers that be at sony who don’t play the games are in charge of decision making. so if the software lineup is lackluster and mediocre it’s because intelligence and good taste aren’t prerequisites. then theres their pet in house developers testers and community who unfortunately skew opinion. even that aside ten million morons will scream for a boring list of games anyway thank god theres no tele tubies or south park ps1 game. my list would be twisted metal 2. gran turismo 2.vigilante 8. metal gear solid. symphony of night. tekken 3.ff tactics. ff7. lunar silver star.brave fencer musashi. tomba.spyro.syphon filter test drive4. nfl blitz. duke nukem a time to kill and legend of dragoon ps jade cacoon tammayu one of the best games for ps1 and of course zeno gears

wayneace said:

October 31st, 9:04 pm

forgot mechwarrior spent so many hours playing with lasers and different mechs

wayneace said:

October 31st, 9:15 pm

wow jade cacoon 2 on ps2 really ruined the promise

ProskillS8080 said:

October 31st, 9:28 pm

Playstation Director “Alright team what can we do to make more money”. Employee “lets sell our old system again with 20 games that people already have” Director ” Genius”.

Zerotio503 said:

October 31st, 10:48 pm

How does it not have Crash Bandicoot or Gran Turismo? I would be sold if it did

mikoda said:

November 1st, 1:58 am

I would paid that just to play ff 8 but guess not

Mikurotoro92 said:

November 1st, 4:02 am

maybe sony can put some of the other PS1 classics on the store

Japan has quite a bit of them

Ri-Ri-the-weenie said:

November 1st, 5:39 am

I think Soul Reaver and Blood Omen would have been a fantastic addition to the ps classic lineup.
Those two games are (in my opinion) the best games ever made. Nothing can beat them.

gabri2403 said:

November 1st, 6:00 am

What if I want other classic games not included? Can I download them? or buy them or what?

ArcticZombie said:

November 1st, 6:53 am

I graded each game on a scale 0-5 to put in perspective how much I actually want this now. I got 39/100. So I’m cancelling me preorder.
Not trying to whine like a big baby. But I honestly feel this is no longer worth my money. That is a terrible line up. You guys dropped the ball HARD on this one. I preordered early thinking there’s no way they could screw this up. But you guys did. You really, really did.

stlrs1933 said:

November 1st, 9:16 am

I want intelligent qube for ps4

WrathPhury said:

November 1st, 9:48 am

Can we have Breath of Fire 3 sometime soon?

artsyLisa said:

November 1st, 10:23 am

I would have bought it with Tony Hawk, Gran Turismo and Silent HIll. None of the 3 = no Thanks

n0t0_ii said:

November 1st, 5:27 pm

– Test Drive
– NFS 3
– Tomb Raider

mojofilter808 said:

November 1st, 11:40 pm

These are some great games, but I can’t help but feel that there are too many other fantastic games missing. They easily could have put another 10-15 games on this system without much cost in overhead. I can’t help but feel Sony is coming up short. I probably won’t buy one. :(

VendettaACS said:

November 2nd, 5:29 am

This list SUCKS. How are people happy about this list of garbage?

Cool Boarders? RAINBOW SIX without analogs? Mr. Driller? What? The NES/SNES Classics lineups destroy this. For a company that claims to have exclusives you sure lost all of them from this time period or forgot about them. Even the big hitter Final Fantasy VII can be played on PS4, so what’s the point? Should just scrap this and re-release it with analog controllers and scrub half the list. Keep Metal Gear Solid, Intelligent Qube, FFVII, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal and Wild Arms.

1st Party Titles

Einhander
Dino Crisis
Silent Hill
Parasite Eve
Bloody Roar 2
Tomba

There’s a list of great games you could have actually had Sony instead of nonsense like Jumping Flash. HARD pass frome me and I was super hyped.

blixthejedi69 said:

November 2nd, 2:08 pm

I love Syphon Filter. So, exciting.

MaidenHell1977 said:

November 2nd, 9:58 pm

Cancelling my preorder. I should have known this was going to be a mediocre collection aimed towards the casual player in mind going for a short lived nostalgic impulse buy rather than for serious gamers.

While FF7 and MGS are two of the most incredible games in the PSX’s legacy, the inclusion of some games is downright ridiculous.

Also make sure when you display pricing that the Canadian cost of the system is shown also. In this day in age advertising on platform open to the world you can least get that right for your user base in The Great White North as it is an independent nation with its own currency.

MZ35 said:

November 3rd, 6:03 pm

What about loaded and reloaded?

To_Many_Rules said:

November 4th, 8:29 am

Ok so the below are decent but the rest are really poor choices IMHO and I’m not paying £89.99 just for the below games.

Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid
Mr Driller
Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Ridge Racer Type 4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Wild Arms

I’ll wait until closer to the release date and see if Sony has made a u-turn and swapped out some of the games. If not I’m cancelling my pre-order.

Silent--Frost said:

November 4th, 11:03 am

Like many of the comments I’ve seen here, I have my issues with the library. My biggest gripe there is no Crash Team Racing. CTR is a personal favorite, and it sucks that Sony forgets about it. It’s unavailable on PS4 or vita (in USA) and it’s not in the remasters of the crash games. It would have made a great addition to the list for availability’s sake. Additionally, Sony has tried to make this product stand against Nintendo’s classics, both of which cost less and have less controversial libraries, while being fully able to use the console’s capabilities. Without analog sticks, some of the games listed as part of the PS classic suffer, and many more worthy and welcome additions to the list would as well. I understand this console was meant to pull nostalgia, but eliminating convenience of control does not make me feel more nostalgic or immersed, particularly because the playstation’s dualshock controller was so iconic. I wanted to like this console. I wanted to be able to support Sony getting into this market. But this is all around such a poor way to handle this sort of product

To_Many_Rules said:

November 4th, 12:23 pm

It’s crazy that games like destruction derby, Toshinden and jumping flash were added. Why not include Bushido Blade, Tenchu, Soul Edge/Blade, Wipeout, Vandal Hearts, Final Fatnasy Tactics, Crash Team Racing, Parapa the Rapper, Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, Dino Crisis 2 or RE2 rather than RE DC. I can understand maybe why some four disk games like Legend of Dragoon aren’t in here but over half the games feel like filler on a classic console that is much more expensive than the Nintendo or upcoming Sega consoles.

To_Many_Rules said:

November 4th, 12:26 pm

I’m even forgetting the worst game of all on that list which I assume you Virtua no one will play, Rainbow 6. Just make it 19 games if you have to add Rainbow 6 to bulk the numbers up. Shocking.

ProtagorasEmber said:

November 5th, 6:21 pm

Aside from RE1 Director’s Cut and FFVII, I’m really disappointed with the list. No CSotN, and why include Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo and Tekken 3 and then NOT include a single 2D fighter. Tekken 3 and most 3D games haven’t aged well and if you wanted to include a Tekken game why not make it Tekken 2, the game where Tekken took shape and became what it still is today? But the most baffling thing to me is that an aged 3D fighter was included instead of a 2D fighter the genre of which DON’T AGE. I can understand if the KOF series was avoided because of their inclusion in the NeoGeo mini arcade cabinet, and I can understand why none of the Street Fighter VS. Series would be included due to licensing issues, but why not Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 2 or 3 if you’re gonna include a Capcom game?

As I currently own RE1DC as well as FFVII and my temperamental Japanese PS2 is still working (most of the time if it feels like it), I’m sitting this one out and should I come up with an extra disposable hundred dollars I’ll be going with either the NeoGeo cabinet or maybe trying to find a deal on what would be the 3rd Vita I have owned and playing the two games in this collection I like on the Vita instead.

LastPlace09 said:

November 7th, 5:37 pm

I’m feeling pretty great about the titles offered. I don’t think you can make a “perfect 20” list that makes everyone happy.

I think I speak for many PSone lovers when I say that Twisted Metal 2 is the best of the three on the platform, but I’m happy that one of them made the cut.

CBragg90 said:

November 8th, 9:05 am

I was hoping to see either the original Tomb Raider or Tomb Raider 2 :( Pretty good games though like Resident Evil Directors Cut, Tekken 3 and Syphon Filter but I’ll have to pass. Thankfully I still have a working PS2 slim on top of my PS4 slim!

slycooperfan94 said:

November 9th, 9:27 am

Will Tekken 3 have Gon included in the game?